Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
andalusia
Karl Haushofer
11E
George1
gbu48098
Isos
thedrunkengeneral
wilhelm
zorobabel
elconquistador
bitcointrader70
Nomad5891
MiddleKingdomer
bren_tann
mnztr
DerWolf
calripson
Azi
Arrow
SeigSoloyvov
owais.usmani
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Maximmmm
mavaff
Yugo90
The_Observer
ATLASCUB
Rasisuki Nebia
Boshoed
auslander
par far
nero
AlfaT8
GarryB
lancelot
Vann7
Finty
franco
PapaDragon
Rodion_Romanovic
Backman
miketheterrible
LMFS
littlerabbit
medo
Hole
lyle6
VARGR198
kvs
JohninMK
magnumcromagnon
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  auslander Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:57 am

flamming_python wrote:I think the thread could use some more light-hearted content

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Spiderman of Vinnitsa
    https://twitter.com/SergUA63/status/1383337800360075264?s=20

I think he moved from Kiev to our little village on the Sea last summer and won't leave. He's out in Kacha district.
    GarryB
    GarryB

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  GarryB Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:05 am

It is amusing the picture he paints of Russia... wonder what sort of picture he would paint of the UK... I mean once a great sea faring super power, and now it goes to Afghanistan to fight because the US tells it to, and now the US tells it to leave so it will leave...

I believe the term is whipped.

More so in the sense that the UK gets absolutely no benefit at all from going there and risking the lives and the sanity of their young men and women... the ones that live see things most people never see, and they might survive it but it will effect them...

The amusing thing is that a lot of world support for Russia simply comes from their ability to say no to the US and the EU... and by inference the UK too.

Many a country has been crushed and burned for such heresy as to go against the west.

The Irony of the Brits thinking Russians are poor and backward is that most Russians really don't think of Brits at all.

All countries have oligarchs and they are necessary evil,

Well Putin seems to show that the rich, if kept out of politics can be tolerable.... they will always be there of course, but if any had any control Putin would be folding to the west to get investment and to make some cheap dollars while the country went to hell in a hand basket.

Putin does not seem to be tied down by the rich and powerful, and I think in the longer term that actually serves the rich better because getting cut off from western technology or cheap imports forces Russia to develop its own technology, which it can then export and exploit for its own uses.

Big tech is million times worse than Russian oligarchs back then at the moment....these big ones destroy anything they touch and nothing is sacred to them.

Big tech is just an example of a global 1%er that has no ties to any country... their company will be registered in the country that is the current tax whore... the lowest rates to attract the biggest rats and snakes.

Ultimately they are like the ultra rich and don't care about anyone but themselves.

ofcourse Putin waited till 2014 and made mistakes in Ukraine and Crimea was the wager and redline for Russians to up the anti against West.

Putin made the best of a bad situation he had little control over.

When the west is ruthless enough to murder people with hired snipers to whip the people up into a frenzy, what is Russia supposed to do in response?

Invade?

Or do exactly what they did... rescue Crimea and leave the Ukraine for Ukraine to sort out.

Only complaint I have against Russians is they take loses and accept punishment and apologies too easily....Turkey Su-24, Azerbaijan MI heli, Israel Il-20 and so on.

Would lashing out like a child have brought back the dead? They evaluated the situation and made changes to prevent repeats. Adult and sensible I would think.

I would expect Russia shooting down a Turkish F-16 would get the US and HATO behind them... by not doing that the position of Turkey in HATO is what it is... and Russia even sold a few billion dollars worth of S-400 missiles to them that torpedoed their F-35 deal with the US... a deal that included Turkey making wings for the aircraft.

Sounds like Russia is a country that can make deals and understands diplomacy.... the west is full of children who have tantrums and bomb and regime change to get their way. How did that work out in Libya... or Yemen or Syria or even Afghanistan or Iraq. How much respect is there for the US and the west... I don't mean fear... like you would fear a 5 year old kid with a loaded revolver, I mean respect...

You can laugh, but it is an ideal solution to being a fall down drunk... I bet he never falls down when he is drinking...

Probably gets to loose change on the ground first too.

auslander likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:13 am

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 Ezoe_810
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 Ezoe4w10
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 Ezofig10

franco, kvs, auslander, VARGR198 and Yugo90 like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Fact

Rob Lee
    @RALee85
    ·
    14h
    The MoD said that the Su-25SM3 attack aircraft from the 368th Attack Aviation Regiment in Budyonnovsk has been deployed to Crimea

Headline

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    · 7h
    Russia deploys attack aircraft in occupied Crimea
    https://unian.info/war/russian-ag

Reality

Rob Lee
    @RALee85
    ·
    14h
    and Su-25SM3 from the 960th Attack Aviation Regiment based in Crimea have been moved to the Ashuluk training area in Astrakhan.

kvs, auslander and Finty like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:32 pm

Odd, I didn't know Ukraine was sending woman to the frontline, wonder if shes just a volunteer or if this is wide spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTbA0MACFs

0:20
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:16 pm

Kiev requested an expansion of the American military presence in Ukraine

https://en.topwar.ru/182058-kiev-zaprosil-rasshirenija-amerikanskogo-voennogo-prisutstvija-na-ukraine.html

Finty likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Canada suspends its military mission in Ukraine indefinitely. According to the Ministry of Defense of this North American country, the reason is the outbreak of coronavirus infection among Canadian instructors in Ukraine. \

https://en.topwar.ru/182082-kanada-priostanovila-voennuju-missiju-po-obucheniju-ukrainskih-voennyh.html

kvs, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:09 pm

George1 wrote:Canada suspends its military mission in Ukraine indefinitely. According to the Ministry of Defense of this North American country, the reason is the outbreak of coronavirus infection among Canadian instructors in Ukraine. \

https://en.topwar.ru/182082-kanada-priostanovila-voennuju-missiju-po-obucheniju-ukrainskih-voennyh.html

Canada is a clown show. Our Prime Minister is an SJW retard and both the Liberal and Conservative parties are full bore yanqui
    bootlicks. Any posturing from Canada is simple marionette action.

VARGR198, Yugo90 and Finty like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:10 pm

George1 wrote:Kiev requested an expansion of the American military presence in Ukraine

https://en.topwar.ru/182058-kiev-zaprosil-rasshirenija-amerikanskogo-voennogo-prisutstvija-na-ukraine.html

The turds are starting to get worried. Going from dick stroking about retaking Crimea and rolling over the Donbass
    to hiding under yanqui skirt.

nero

Post  nero Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Russia has deployed 2 A-50's (M or U's unknown).

One to Kaliningrad.

Another one to Rostov-on-Don.

Interesting is that these were deployed with their transponders on. This happens very rarely within Russian aerospace.

LMFS, Yugo90 and Finty like this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:59 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    gbu48098 wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    gbu48098 wrote: No need to state the default or implied. You asked and I provided, I wasn't going to do an airstrike as a follow up
    Good for you. Congratulations, you hold the record for the shortest time for the trip to 'ignore', joining the other two I have on the vaunted plateau.

Don't give a crap, who cares whether you are new or here for centuries....if I dish out then you do the same, in this case you were irrational, you asked details and I provided and then you pulled your ego ranking like it means a damn

Are you that bitcoin guy again?

No, not in that business and neither do I have an agenda. If you or anyone is a snowflake and current or future woke that needs a nanny to change your dipers then put that on your signature and I will stay way otherwise let's give and it take as men on Internet and real life with in some civic boundaries. I don't know the context of bitcoin guy either.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:11 pm

GarryB wrote:It is amusing the picture he paints of Russia... wonder what sort of picture he would paint of the UK... I mean once a great sea faring super power, and now it goes to Afghanistan to fight because the US tells it to, and now the US tells it to leave so it will leave...

I believe the term is whipped.

More so in the sense that the UK gets absolutely no benefit at all from going there and risking the lives and the sanity of their young men and women... the ones that live see things most people never see, and they might survive it but it will effect them...

The amusing thing is that a lot of world support for Russia simply comes from their ability to say no to the US and the EU... and by inference the UK too.

Many a country has been crushed and burned for such heresy as to go against the west.

The Irony of the Brits thinking Russians are poor and backward is that most Russians really don't think of Brits at all.

All countries have oligarchs and they are necessary evil,

Well Putin seems to show that the rich, if kept out of politics can be tolerable.... they will always be there of course, but if any had any control Putin would be folding to the west to get investment and to make some cheap dollars while the country went to hell in a hand basket.

Putin does not seem to be tied down by the rich and powerful, and I think in the longer term that actually serves the rich better because getting cut off from western technology or cheap imports forces Russia to develop its own technology, which it can then export and exploit for its own uses.

Big tech is million times worse than Russian oligarchs back then at the moment....these big ones destroy anything they touch and nothing is sacred to them.

Big tech is just an example of a global 1%er that has no ties to any country... their company will be registered in the country that is the current tax whore... the lowest rates to attract the biggest rats and snakes.

Ultimately they are like the ultra rich and don't care about anyone but themselves.

ofcourse Putin waited till 2014 and made mistakes in Ukraine and Crimea was the wager and redline for Russians to up the anti against West.

Putin made the best of a bad situation he had little control over.

When the west is ruthless enough to murder people with hired snipers to whip the people up into a frenzy, what is Russia supposed to do in response?

Invade?

Or do exactly what they did... rescue Crimea and leave the Ukraine for Ukraine to sort out.

Only complaint I have against Russians is they take loses and accept punishment and apologies too easily....Turkey Su-24, Azerbaijan MI heli, Israel Il-20 and so on.

Would lashing out like a child have brought back the dead? They evaluated the situation and made changes to prevent repeats. Adult and sensible I would think.

I would expect Russia shooting down a Turkish F-16 would get the US and HATO behind them... by not doing that the position of Turkey in HATO is what it is... and Russia even sold a few billion dollars worth of S-400 missiles to them that torpedoed their F-35 deal with the US... a deal that included Turkey making wings for the aircraft.

Sounds like Russia is a country that can make deals and understands diplomacy.... the west is full of children who have tantrums and bomb and regime change to get their way. How did that work out in Libya... or Yemen or Syria or even Afghanistan or Iraq. How much respect is there for the US and the west... I don't mean fear... like you would fear a 5 year old kid with a loaded revolver, I mean respect...

You can laugh, but it is an ideal solution to being a fall down drunk... I bet he never falls down when he is drinking...

Probably gets to loose change on the ground first too.

Generally agree with you on this as long as oligarchs have some respect towards their ancestral lands and in general not just evil and vile to make buck at any cost, they are not the priority. Putin did what he had to as men in power have to clean shit up....

When you let 3 incidents on similar scale and strategic patience and cosmic alignment and grand strategy are your forever justification then you might actually be encouraging these things.....they should have more giving back and more directly sometime. There is a place for hot actions and they can also apologize if its that easy after the fact....if I am sending my boys into force then I like to be reasonably confident that only revenge they will get is always an apology is disrespectful. Russia accepts this a bit too much and I don't see a grand strategy in this thinking that someday it will pay out. Shooting an F-16 in reaction is not starting Ww3...no need to shit in pants. They always seems to lose more men than the other party historically speaking due to this stupid strategy. Sometimes men have to men and use fists and not fight like ladies with words.

Finty likes this post

The_Observer
    The_Observer

Post  The_Observer Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:54 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    All three original Buyan-class gunboats and Gepard-class frigate from Caspian Fleet arrived in the Black Sea

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 6yckflsespt61

Not correct. They haven't made the track just yet. Russia MOD tweet was widely misinterpreted...and I'm sure they didn't mind that it was misinterpreted to mean that the ships were already in the Black Sea.

Russian MOD tweet https://twitter.com/mod_russia/status/1383737196281139200?s=20
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 Casp
    Tweet: Ships of the Caspian Flotilla at the basing point.
    Basing point is in Dagestan - Kaspiysk to be exact.

They moved 15 small landing crafts and artillery boats to the Black Sea. However, Caspian "big guns" stayed put....the Tarantul, Gepards, and Buyan(M)s are still in the Caspian. No way all those ships make their way across the Kerch bridge without getting noticed.

Last edited by The_Observer on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

franco, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

par far

Post  par far Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:58 pm

These assholes can't even stop Muslims from raping their women and kids and here they are thinking they can take on Russia.

Hannibal Barca, kvs and miketheterrible like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:08 pm

[quote="The_Observer"]
    PapaDragon wrote:
    All three original Buyan-class gunboats and Gepard-class frigate from Caspian Fleet arrived in the Black Sea
    Not correct. They haven't made the track just yet. Russia MOD tweet was widely misinterpreted...and I'm sure they didn't mind that it was misinterpreted to mean that the ships were already in the Black Sea.
    Russian MOD tweet https://twitter.com/mod_russia/status/1383737196281139200?s=20
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 26 Casp
    Tweet: Ships of the Caspian Flotilla at the basing point.
    Basing point is in Dagestan - Kaspiysk to be exact.
    They moved 15 small landing crafts and artillery boats to the Black Sea. However, Caspian "big guns" stayed put....the Tarantul, Gepards, and Buyan(M)s are still in the Caspian. No way all those ships make their way across the Kerch bridge without getting noticed.

Don't forget, it was those little Caspian boats the fired the first Kalibrs in to Syria and gave one herd of western morons comfortably ensconced in their 'bomb proof' lager in the ravines of the low mountains a reality check and a bucket and sponge redeployment. Don't know where the ships that hit the Azov went and I'm certainly not going to be so impolite as to ask.

kvs and Yugo90 like this post

nero

Post  nero Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:18 pm

Just a fyi, neither the Russians nor the DNR/LNR think the escalation is over.

Armour and other motorized vehicles are still on the move. Various re-deployments of aviation regiments have been reported (it is near impossible to confirm w/o sat photos though).

It is likely that given the situation and the fact the Europeans have lied to their faces one too many times they'll permanently deploy various military structures to the Southern and Western MD's.

kvs, VARGR198 and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:31 pm

par far wrote:

These assholes can't even stop Muslims from raping their women and kids and here they are thinking they can take on Russia.

UK lost ships to Argentina. UK would lose its entire navy and much more against Russia.

kvs, DerWolf and LMFS like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:38 pm

par far wrote:

I think you're overestimating how often that actually happens. Nevertheless those in power afraid to investigate it were retards but I'm off topic.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:50 pm

The scale of the grooming gangs is not some minor crime level. It is a scandal of the first order. Everything
    in the west is always hunky dory and in Russia the sky is falling. Tiresome, delusional blather.

miketheterrible and The_Observer like this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 pm

kvs wrote:The scale of the grooming gangs is not some minor crime level.   It is a scandal of the first order.   Everything
    in the west is always hunky dory and in Russia the sky is falling.   Tiresome, delusional blather.

Sorry to say, western men have turned into cucks at collective level.....totally tamed and domesticated. Western woman are hopeless and pointless, look at the European leadership and now American too. Objectivity and merit is replaced with god know what unquantifiable victimization criteria. East Europeans fare a bit better especially Polish ones still seem to have some in their blood, Russia is no better with only group increasing is its minorities....

Hannibal Barca likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:15 pm

nero wrote:Just a fyi, neither the Russians nor the DNR/LNR think the escalation is over.

Armour and other motorized vehicles are still on the move. Various re-deployments of aviation regiments have been reported (it is near impossible to confirm w/o sat photos though)...

Armor and troops will not be doing anything, they are being moved to send a message

If 404s try something for real we will just have VKS going on a rampage for a week or two and erase everything with Ukrainian flag on it after which NAF will move forward to take more territory

Should they run into something that tries to resist VKS will just rearrange landscape on that location and NAF will just keep moving until told to stop

Actual Russian Army will not be going across the line, no need for that

flamming_python and Finty like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:23 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    nero wrote:Just a fyi, neither the Russians nor the DNR/LNR think the escalation is over.

Armour and other motorized vehicles are still on the move. Various re-deployments of aviation regiments have been reported (it is near impossible to confirm w/o sat photos though)...

Armor and troops will not be doing anything, they are being moved to send a message

If 404s try something for real we will just have VKS going on a rampage for a week or two and erase everything with Ukrainian flag on it after which NAF will move forward to take more territory

Should they run into something that tries to resist VKS will just rearrange landscape on that location and NAF will just keep moving until told to stop

Actual Russian Army will not be going across the line, no need for that

Pridnestrovie will be cut off if war breaks out and under seige, so there will be the need for an amphibious operation in Odessa one way or the other

As for mass motor-rifle and armour advances, to encircle the Ukronazis south of Kharkov.. meh
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:28 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    nero wrote:

I don't know, hard to guess Putin as he tends to surprise but who surprised me more was Medvedyev with instant reaction in Georgia.....guy had balls but made mistake in Libya which is turning into a blessing now.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:09 pm

What's clear though is that what's going on is a game

No-one actually wants full-scale war in the Ukraine.

What would the objective of Russia be by invading eastern Ukraine? Absolutely none.

Russia continues to concentrate its forces in preparation of an invasion.

While Kiev continues to concentrate its forces in preparation of an invasion of the Donbass. Note that they're not concentrating their troops on defensive lines anywhere in the country to defend against Russia.

It's a matter of who blinks first. If Kiev folds, and starts to redeploy its forces to meet the threat of invasion, there can be no threat of invading the Donbass. Russia will have won, and all it would have to do is keep its troops in their positions for another few months until Nord Stream 2 is finished.

For now though, Kiev is not yielding, it wants to believe that Moscow will not follow through on its threat.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:17 pm

flamming_python wrote:What's clear though is that what's going on is a game

No-one actually wants full-scale war in the Ukraine.

What would the objective of Russia be by invading eastern Ukraine? Absolutely none.

Russia continues to concentrate its forces in preparation of an invasion.

While Kiev continues to concentrate its forces in preparation of an invasion of the Donbass. Note that they're not concentrating their troops on defensive lines anywhere in the country to defend against Russia.

It's a matter of who blinks first. If Kiev folds, and starts to redeploy its forces to meet the threat of invasion, there can be no threat of invading the Donbass. Russia will have won, and all it would have to do is keep its troops in their positions for another few months until Nord Stream 2 is finished.

For now though, Kiev is not yielding, it wants to believe that Moscow will not follow through on its threat.

There is deeper conspiracy in works that is not out for general public or arm chairs yet and all these expulsions and tit for tat is beginning to establish the manipulation of sheep in those countries.....finally Russia seems to have taken an aggressive stand to preempt at short notice and kick nato in the shins and turn Ukraine into a hot zone making it hard for NATO to break its charter to let Ukr into it. Donbass is a diversion most likely....Russia wont bite till its unavoidable

elconquistador likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:13 am