Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
ali.a.r
zorobabel
crod
The Ottoman
Autodestruct
mack8
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
rigoletto
Broski
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
franco
Ispan
Kiko
lancelot
Hole
George1
Isos
owais.usmani
Serberus
RTN
JohninMK
Aristide
higurashihougi
Karl Haushofer
mavaff
Maximmmm
VARGR198
Hannibal Barca
Singular_Transform
Firebird
Regular
nomadski
Finty
nero
Airbornewolf
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Mir
Sujoy
Scorpius
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
magnumcromagnon
TMA1
Cheetah
hoom
Vann7
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
sundoesntrise
Rasisuki Nebia
par far
Backman
GarryB
caveat emptor
thegopnik
kvs
teh_beard
bitcointrader70
ATLASCUB
lyle6
flamming_python
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
PhSt
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:43 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:What i understand, but i'm not happy about is that Russia is showing a little too much restraint against Ukrainian military, especially in the east. I wouldn't like them to lose people over politics. Ukraina has, arguably, most battle hardened forces in the east. Use the air force and hit them hard.

We're not hearing much about the fighting in the East around Donbass, but i expect it will be getting hot and heavy.  It looks like Russian forces are pursuing a double envelopment on a grand scale, with DPR/LPR forces on the attack to occupy the Banderites and pin them in place, while Russia hammers the enemy with arty, MLRS and CAS.

DPR forces have apparently broken thru Ukrorat lines and are liberating areas in the rear zone, a sure sign that Banderite resistance is waning (or even collapsing).  

I think that when the smoke clears, it will be readily apparent that Russia hasn't be at all gentle in dealing with Ukronazi formations Twisted Evil

I'm talking more about Kharkov and Sumy. Still ongoing fights there, as Ukr got reinforcement most likely. Use the damn air superiority and hit harder. Cut of roads.

Big_Gazza likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:43 am

Why cause more bloodshed when they are surrendering ?

Look at the eastern picture, UKR forces east of the Dnieper are caught in giant cauldron,

Russians did not enter kharkov but negotiate its fall from outside , encircling the city

It's a slow progressive action, which in fact lowers the amount of casualties on BOTH sides.

That is what is important, not to kill civilians, and to minimize deaths among personnel

The effort has been to avoid unnecessary casualties

People will die, but the casualty counts are surprisingly low THUS far

- UKR airforce is destroyed
    - UKR air defenses supressed
    - UKR navy, gone (dont laugh even if they werent much to begin with)
    - UKR command and control is gone
    - UKR airbases are gone
    - UKR supply depots, fuel stations, and other sites are gone
    - VKS has control of the airspace

Now of course the approach can always change, the beauty of the operation is that it can be tailored and configured at moments notice

So notice bulk of Russian army remains outside the fight

This is being done with standoff, and probes of reconnaissance from first echelon

And it has achieved a lot already, just as Syria was operational art and shock to the world

So is Ukraine, and remember None of those Ukropia cities will ever remotely resemble Grozny

The only thing that is concerning, is Polish NATO operation in Lvov and Ivanofrankovsk

Putin did say anyone who interfered would face retribution the likes they never seen in history (fire and fury)

And the rupture with the west is bad enough, Russia could strike NATO incursion into Ukraine, but we have to wait and see what Poles do

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Hole, Broski and Autodestruct like this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:44 am

The Ottoman wrote:US + Ukraine asks Turkey to close the Straits.

Erdogan is catched in the middle. Befriend with Russia ánd Ukraine and massive economic deals with also both of them.

I didnt expect a Russian invasion honestly. I thought USA is just making people afraid. But for the first time in history USA was right. And for the first time i saw Putin lying. He said 2 weeks long that Russia has no intention to start a war, Lavrov and Peskov also.

Strange times. Klaus Schwab is laughing very hard. This war will rapidly accelerate hyperinflation and skyrocketing fuelprizes and will be the groundwork for his Great Reset.

Russia said for a while that Russia will defend the Donbass, if Ukraine attacks them and if they don't stop the shelling.

Russia made this very clear.

The Great Reset has failed, it needed China on board and China told them **** no.

GarryB, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Autodestruct like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:45 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Why cause more bloodshed when they are surrendering ?

Look at the eastern picture, UKR forces east of the Dnieper are caught in giant cauldron,

Russians did not enter kharkov but negotiate its fall from outside , encircling the city

It's a slow progressive action, which in fact lowers the amount of casualties on BOTH sides.

That is what is important, not to kill civilians, and to minimize deaths among personnel

The effort has been to avoid unnecessary casualties

People will die, but the casualty counts are surprisingly low THUS far

- UKR airforce is destroyed
    - UKR air defenses supressed
    - UKR navy, gone (dont laugh even if they werent much to begin with)
    - UKR command and control is gone
    - UKR airbases are gone
    - UKR supply depots, fuel stations, and other sites are gone
    - VKS has control of the airspace

Now of course the approach can always change, the beauty of the operation is that it can be tailored and configured at moments notice

So notice bulk of Russian army remains outside the fight

This is being done with standoff, and probes of reconnaissance from first echelon

And it has achieved a lot already, just as Syria was operational art and shock to the world

So is Ukraine, and remember None of those Ukropia cities will ever remotely resemble Grozny

The only thing that is concerning, is Polish NATO operation in Lvov and Ivanofrankovsk

Putin did say anyone who interfered would face retribution the likes they never seen in history (fire and fury)

And the rupture with the west is bad enough, Russia could strike NATO incursion into Ukraine, but we have to wait and see what Poles do
    I don't like to see when troops are taking losses while having clear advantage. Ask to surender, and if not, fry the fuckers.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and miketheterrible like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:46 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    flamming_python wrote: Russia can't use military force liberally.

They certainly can (and will) do so against Banderite loyalists of the regime.  Russian  speakers in the south and east won't be concerned about dead Ukronazi rats, and their won't be any angst against the new authorities in the post-conflict period due to their demise.

The veterans of the 'ATO' were discussing in their chat group whether they'd still keep their benefits, under Russian authority

To be honest, I feel sorry even for them.

This shit is horrible. All of it.

Finty likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:47 am

https://www.rt.com/russia/550546-zelensky-nato-ukraine-neutrality/

Ukraine ready to discuss neutrality, Zelensky says

The Ukrainian president says Kiev is left to fend for itself as NATO is “afraid” to give Kiev any guarantees

The clown is taking the offramp on exit Survive while you can.

Its smart of him to do so, let's see if Kremlin is serious about that offer

They can always leave troops in Ukraine as backup , but it's a telling sign of Zelenskys mind right now

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS and Broski like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:47 am

bitcointrader70 wrote:They already lost people over politics. They lost almost an entire elite VDV unit trying to gamble for a quick victory over Kiev by capturing an airport and flying a bunch of troops in. It failed. Dumb leaders make dumb decisions. This whole situation was a result of bad leadership and this war is looking like it’s not going the way it should due to bad  leadership

Give it a rest Bob. You're only making yourself look like a complete prat. We've heard the endless lies and distortions and racist-fueled hate puke from the Banderite regime for over 7 years now, but you still choose to believe their desperate war propaganda? Razz

Until the regime shows proof of the airport in their hands (with images of dead Russian troops littering the field and piles of abandoned supplies) then I will quite reasonably assume they are just telling stupid lies in a (failed) bid to increase their morale and stiffen the spine of their thug troops. If they had such proof, they would post it in an instance. They haven't so we can conclude they are liars.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Backman and Broski like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:48 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Ukr airforce jets has not shot anything down , it's been Manpads and air defense

Overall for suppressing S300 it's a great performance using Su24, su25, and helicopters

We'll see, Ukr sources reported that one of their Su-27s had taken out an Su-30SM among other things. I'll have to see if that claim is true...
    bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:48 am

Ukrops are just retreating and waiting for Russia in key strategic points. It will be hard to break no doubt.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AKA_RealDirty/status/1497008134216368130?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1497008134216368130%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fp%2F141rsuTP0y%2Fthe-dirty-truth-markdavis-is%2Fc%2F

Where is VVS to bomb and clear the path?

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:49 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:
    flamming_python wrote: Russia can't use military force liberally.

They certainly can (and will) do so against Banderite loyalists of the regime.  Russian  speakers in the south and east won't be concerned about dead Ukronazi rats, and their won't be any angst against the new authorities in the post-conflict period due to their demise.

The veterans of the 'ATO' were discussing in their chat group whether they'd still keep their benefits, under Russian authority

This shit is horrible. All of it.

That's correct. But, if you start it, give them a short rope and get it done. By tomorrow we should get little clearer picture on what situation is.
    bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:50 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    bitcointrader70 wrote:They already lost people over politics. They lost almost an entire elite VDV unit trying to gamble for a quick victory over Kiev by capturing an airport and flying a bunch of troops in. It failed. Dumb leaders make dumb decisions. This whole situation was a result of bad leadership and this war is looking like it’s not going the way it should due to bad  leadership

Give it a rest Bob. You're only making yourself look like a complete prat.  We've heard the endless lies and distortions and racist-fueled hate puke from the Banderite regime for over 7 years now, but you still choose to believe their desperate war propaganda?   Razz

Until the regime shows proof of the airport in their hands (with images of dead Russian troops littering the field and piles of abandoned supplies) then I will quite reasonably assume they are just telling stupid lies in a (failed) bid to increase their morale and stiffen the spine of their thug troops.  If they had such proof, they would post it in an instance. They haven't so we can conclude they are liars.

You can use the process of logical deduction here. If Russia has succeeded in capturing that airport a large military force would already be in Kiev and the Russians would be fucking Ukrainian soldiers wives. So far it hasn’t happened. The airport assault failed.

Last edited by bitcointrader70 on Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Backman dislikes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:50 am

Finty wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Ukr airforce jets has not shot anything down , it's been Manpads and air defense

Overall for suppressing S300 it's a great performance using Su24, su25, and helicopters

We'll see, Ukr sources reported that one of their Su-27s had taken out an Su-30SM among other things. I'll have to see if that claim is true...

Ukr su27 never saw a su30

Please cut the bullshit

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:51 am

Finty wrote:

Ukraine was claiming many things before Ilovaisk and Debaltsevo, as well. I even saw claims from some nationalist idiots how they destroyed russian Armata's. In 2014?! Very Happy

magnumcromagnon, miketheterrible and Broski like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:52 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Finty wrote:

Ukr su27 never saw a su30

Please cut the bullshit

Where's your source? I await them for both claims here...
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:53 am

No source needed a goddamn su27 radar didnt see a su 30 man cmon 😂

And they sure as hell werent dogfighting

magnumcromagnon and Broski like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:53 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:What i understand, but i'm not happy about is that Russia is showing a little too much restraint against Ukrainian military, especially in the east. I wouldn't like them to lose people over politics. Ukraina has, arguably, most battle hardened forces in the east. Use the air force and hit them hard.

We're not hearing much about the fighting in the East around Donbass, but i expect it will be getting hot and heavy.  It looks like Russian forces are pursuing a double envelopment on a grand scale, with DPR/LPR forces on the attack to occupy the Banderites and pin them in place, while Russia hammers the enemy with arty, MLRS and CAS.

DPR forces have apparently broken thru Ukrorat lines and are liberating areas in the rear zone, a sure sign that Banderite resistance is waning (or even collapsing).  

I think that when the smoke clears, it will be readily apparent that Russia hasn't been at all gentle in dealing with Ukronazi formations Twisted Evil

Apparently two cauldrons could be formed , one to the North of Donbas and another around Mariupol.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and Broski like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:54 am

_It seems my reporting is coming into fruition and my contacts have been spot on (unfortunately so). Moments ago, Russian Tanks entered into Kyiv reportedly to prepare for a siege on the Ukrainian capital to overthrow the government_

https://twitter.com/mrcardinaltruth/status/1497011735999438858
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:54 am

flamming_python wrote:The veterans of the 'ATO' were discussing in their chat group whether they'd still keep their benefits, under Russian authority

I don't.  I feel sorry for Donbass civilians who have paid a horrendous butchers bill from the ceaseless aggression from Ukro forces, spearheaded by racist Russophobe ultranationalists like Azov.

Any decent military professional wouldn't have served in such a force.

We didn't accept the defense of "just doing my duty" when it came to Nuremberg.  I don't think East Ukrainians will accept it from "ATO" senior personnel when they are eventually called to account for their actions in a court of law.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS and Broski like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:56 am

Finty wrote:
    _It seems my reporting is coming into fruition and my contacts have been spot on (unfortunately so). Moments ago, Russian Tanks entered into Kyiv reportedly to prepare for a siege on the Ukrainian capital to overthrow the government_

https://twitter.com/mrcardinaltruth/status/1497011735999438858

5 mins till bombardment if the gen is true. Reports of strategic bombers heading out too.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:57 am

Equipment losses according to this unbiased source Very Happy

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

lancelot likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:57 am

franco wrote:Apparently two cauldrons could be formed , one to the North of Donbas and another around Mariupol.

Mauripol is apparently where Azov is centered. One cauldron for the rest of the "ATO" and another for the Nazis. The former allows the option of a surrender, the later is simply the eradication of mentally-diseased vermin.

kvs, LMFS and Broski like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:58 am

Russian MT-LB and 9K330 Tor destroyed on the way towards #Kherson
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMYm9ejXwAE0m6K?format=jpg&name=large

Secondary fire damage due to the vehicle left which drove the TOR ahead?

Finty likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:58 am

Everyone need to calm down

Yes Ukrainians are idiots, but Russia is not blood thirsty to cull hohols just because

Russia is acting as a policeman , holding Ukraine floyd down, the knee isnt on the neck , and theres a chance for u floyd to walk away from this

Flaming is correct in saying, this situation is the worse goddamn one

Zelensky is realizing he needs to surrender and has said so moments ago

Let's see where this goes

kvs, Broski and Autodestruct like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:03 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    franco wrote:Apparently two cauldrons could be formed , one to the North of Donbas and another around Mariupol.

Mauripol is apparently where Azov is centered.  One cauldron for the rest of the "ATO" and another for the Nazis.  The former allows the option of a surrender, the later is simply the eradication of mentally-diseased vermin.

Apparently troops (includes naval brigade,pretty hard line group) along the eastern Donbas front to make their stand there with the Azov. About a third of the Ukes head south while the other 2/3's head north.

kvs, LMFS, Finty and Broski like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:03 am

Igor Strelkov, the man who started it all, weighs in:
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 28 FMZABJvXoAAakof?format=png&name=medium
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 28 FMZATfVXoAkNQS1?format=png&name=medium

LMFS, Hole and Finty like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:04 am