Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
psg
mnrck
0nillie0
PhSt
dionis
andalusia
walle83
Krepost
Stealthflanker
Kiko
marcellogo
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
RTN
d_taddei2
GunshipDemocracy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Werewolf
franco
ludovicense
Broski
bandit6
Erk
mnztr
nomadski
Airbornewolf
billybatts91
sundoesntrise
kvs
sepheronx
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
Regular
Big_Gazza
MMBR
Scorpius
Serberus
Hinex1988
Tolstoy
lyle6
flamming_python
ALAMO
thegopnik
lancelot
ucmvulcan
SeigSoloyvov
Belisarius
TMA1
calripson
VARGR198
11E
JohninMK
Mir
diabetus
Singular_Transform
limb
Ned86
Isos
Sprut-B
ArgentinaGuard
Sujoy
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Backman
PapaDragon
Vann7
Ispan
GarryB
LMFS
Podlodka77
Hole
Arrow
77 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  caveat emptor Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:37 pm

Say 🧀

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 35 Img_2021
    Backman
    Backman

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  Backman Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:40 pm

The Russian tugboat "Vasily Bekh", hit by the AFU at 4 am, is being towed for repairs.

The ship is afloat.
    For now.... https://t.co/MAibFdtUTT

Sh** her account is locked so I can't link. It's an actual picture of the boat being hit.

Last edited by Backman on Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:41 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:...Dunno, if the Wehrmacht lobs a rocket at the Crimea bridge the war may soon reach an end.  Such an attack would more than justify decapitating the Ukrainian high command.

Lob which rocket?

Tochka has 120km range and Ukrops are kicked back too far now to pull that off

They may try airstrike but their planes can't ever survive flying near Donbass, reaching the bridge would be tallest of orders

Also we should keep in mind that this is no tiny Soviet era rural bridge, this is a modern day megastructure, even if a missile somehow hits it the damage will be temporary at best

franco wrote:https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1537786002542141440?cxt=HHwWgIC94ZiOqNcqAAAA

Zelensky says he's drafting a million men, but so far there have been 4 waves of mobilization, with 60k, 60k, 70k, and 100k. Given that they are still conscripting and shipping guys off to the front with a week of training, it's likely that this is mostly just replacement.

Give this man a million men thumbsup

That’s a million problems that could be solved now instead of being left for later

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Mir, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:42 pm

Backman wrote:The Russian tugboat "Vasily Bekh", hit by the AFU at 4 am, is being towed for repairs.

The ship is afloat.

Could you copy/paste the twit I can see it. Need to follow the account to see it.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:48 pm

Isos wrote:
    Backman wrote:The Russian tugboat "Vasily Bekh", hit by the AFU at 4 am, is being towed for repairs.

The ship is afloat.

Could you copy/paste the twit I can see it. Need to follow the account to see it.

Looks like her acct is locked. Maybe Levi has the same news. It's a pro Russia account and shows a pic of the baot being hit

So that's another one hit.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Sprut-B wrote:A Ka-52 withstands serious collision with a tree top. Any western country helicopter would have crashed on the spot
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/89/70/29/photo_11.jpg

Coaxial choppers can bulldoze through some nasty stuff

JohninMK wrote:"As US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin reported on Wednesday, Kyiv has now received enough qualified equipment for twelve artillery battalions. About 237 main battle tanks, 300 armored personnel carriers and 1,600 air defense systems were delivered; With 97,000 anti-tank weapons........
    https://www.german-foreign-policy.com/news/detail/8950

This would be solid amount of weapons... for a Balkan country... fighting slightly larger Balkan country...  Cool

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:05 am

Do we have confirmation that the Buyan was indeed hit?

Why isn't Gibka at least installed and slaved to the radar?

At this point all who said no AD on these ships are fine have been totally discredited

Regardless if these are small patrol corvettes, or offshore patrol vessels, they were the only ships floated and the most likely to see combat

So they should have been armed as well as they could

What a shame if this has happened

They will land another harpoon hit if this goes on

Get rid of the stupid artillery guns and come to the present time

The likelihood of coastal artillery making any difference in this war is small compared to the importance of protecting oneself from a drone munition or an AshM

Artillery guns and lowly protected small ships are OUT

Self defense is IN
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:08 am

Isos wrote:Damaged Buyan-M tuged out of Black sea after damages.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 35 Fvc4bb10

Are these holes from splinter damage or is that a pic of ship being transported for repairs

Lot of rumors going around
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:08 am

The ship is afloat.

Sh** her account is locked so I can't link. It's an actual picture of the boat being hit.

Is it this ?

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 am

caveat emptor wrote:Pacifists everywhere you look. 😂😂

yes. because when you draw the short stick and get captured.
    You will pay for your actions.
    And they all beg for mercy.

But they would never hesitate to cleanse the Donbass of its people.
    Or even take P.O.W's if they had the upper hand.

Everyone remember the Georgian/ukro scum that executed Russian VDV and gloating over their suffering as they died?.
    The knife torture?. where the guy was knifed trough the eye?.
    The tochka cluster warheads landing on Donbass urban area's?.
    Dont even get me started what preceded this war, the systematic genocide in the donbass for 8 years.

I do not care where they come from. i do not care who they are.
    Just because you have militarily the upper hand, does not mean you should take the moral high-ground with these people.
    They chose to ignore the suffering of the Donbass people, and ignore NATO's actions.
    Most of all, As Westerners they came to Ukraine to subjugate the LPR/DPR people alongside the Nazis.

You want to use them as bargaining chips to get your own men back from Kiev?. Of course.
    I understand and i support that.

If they have no value?. execute them by Gallows or Firing squad and dumped unceremoniously in an mass grave.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:24 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:

Are these holes from splinter damage or is that a pic of ship being transported for repairs

For all we know this ship might be transferred from Kaspian to Black sea or vice versa. Marks look like rust to me and radar head is taken down.
    I remember that Karakurt corvette also couldn't fit, heightwise, through Volga-Don channel and part of the radar mast had to be removed.

Backman likes this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:28 am

Isos wrote:The armor on those t-62 seems to have been widely upgraded.
    They are T62M
    https://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_army_tank_heavy_armoured_vehicles_u/t-62m_main_battle_tank_technical_data_sheet_specifications_information_description_pictures_video.html

kvs and Arkanghelsk like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:33 am

caveat emptor wrote:Say 🧀

I am firmly in ''don't ask, don't tell, do what you want and do who you want'' camp but even I have to ask why does this look like someone photoshopped 3 different images into one person? Suspect

flamming_python, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 am

JohninMK wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f10/19/89/13/22/scree373.jpg
    Nikolaev

Don't have the volume turned up  Laughing  Laughing

Russian military and media are really channelling 90s era USA   thumbsup

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:56 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    For all we know this ship might be transferred from Kaspian to Black sea or vice versa. Marks look like rust to me and radar head is taken down.
    I remember that Karakurt corvette also couldn't fit, heightwise, through Volga-Don channel and part of the radar mast had to be removed.

Or to join annual naval parade at St Petersburg.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:13 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Backman wrote:In a lot of footage in this war, helicopters and su 25's are shown shooting missiles upward by 10-20 degrees. How does that work ?

imho must be something like Gefest for unguided missiles too.  They shoot with nose up to reach specific range of the shoot. Perhaps also move vertical impact when missile is descending.

When I as watching an SU-25 do a similar mission there was a tone in the cockpit just before the missiles were fired. So it is probably GEFEST and you can select the type of ammo. It detects angle, velocity and heading and tells you when to light it up.

d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, Backman and Arkanghelsk like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:29 am

Stealthflanker wrote:

The ship is afloat.

Is it this ?

Yeah. That is it

For the record , i am not one of these techo-autists who think ship X got hit because there was some technical or operational deficiency.

No. This is a real war. And ships are going to be hit. My problem with Russia is the lack of retribution on the battlefield
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:22 am

Well considering Ukraine have almost no ship left, what kind of retribution you ask tho ? Finding the launcher itself is hard especially if Russians not really intensifying surveillance there.

They can probably kalibring more of the inbound arms but well media will downplay it.

GarryB and kvs like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:42 am

Backman wrote:No. This is a real war. And ships are going to be hit. My problem with Russia is the lack of retribution on the battlefield
    Best retribution will be for Russia to demilitarize and denazify the Ukraine leaving it landlocked and dependent on IMF loans and EU handouts, their men can clean toilets in Poland and their women can continue to be the Whore-Breadbasket of Europe.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:27 am

Isos wrote:Looks like Tb2 strikes. Damage doesn't seem huge.

Yup, but you should see the other guy...  Kiev placing a purchase order for replacement(s) even as i write Razz

FWIW I think this might have been a case of the CIWS taking down a missile from a UAV (or a shore based MLRS round) and killing the incoming threat at point-blank range?  Frag and a little blast damage/scorching of paint, but no structural damage.

Edit: meh... looks like a case of rust... move along, nothing to see... In future I need to finish my morning coffee before commenting...

Last edited by Big_Gazza on Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and Hole like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:32 am

caveat emptor wrote:Say 🧀

And this is why the Monkey-Clown Empire is in such dire straits... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Serious nations just don't have these problems of full-spectrum officially-mandated degeneracy. Razz

Maybe the solution is more Drag Queen story time in US junior schools? Or a government policy to fix the boundaries of just how far libtard teachers can go when pre-grooming the kiddies under their "care"? Razz

GarryB, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:35 am

Backman wrote:Sh** her account is locked so I can't link. It's an actual picture of the boat being hit.

Copy or screen-grab the pic and host it to Servimg?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:38 am

Ukraine announced that they captured female Serbian sniper Bagira - Serbia denied: She is in Serbian prison, sentenced to 6 years for fighting on Russian side

https://t.co/lpwiDrKFMr

Ok, I guess Serbian volunteers better stay in Russia after this is over...

sepheronx, GarryB, kvs, Broski, Arkanghelsk, Belisarius and Urluber like this post

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:43 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:

It is the VELIKY USTYUG.

It spent a lot of time at sea both in the Med. and in the Black sea.
    Lobbed many KALIBRs missiles into 404.
    There is no damage, it is rust from time at sea.
    She is being towed to the Baltic where it will be painted and will participate in the Navy parade in ST. Petersburg next month.

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, psg, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:46 am

Krepost wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:

It is the VELIKY USTYUG.

It spent a lot of time at sea both in the Med. and in the Black sea.
    Lobbed many KALIBRs missiles into 404.
    There is no damage, it is rust from time at sea.
    She is being towed to the Baltic where it will be painted and will participate in the Navy parade in ST. Petersburg next month.

Yes that picture was from towing to Naval parade

***people do NOT repost bullshit without confirmation

It is retarded to post such info without sources , and Twitter does not count as a post

Фейк: Российский ракетный корабль получил серьезные повреждения в ходе спецоперации. Сейчас его буксируют по Волге на ремонт. Пост появился в российском ТГ-канале и распространяется украинскими СМИ.

Правда: Корабль двигается не на ремонт, а на парад, сообщает телеграм-канал "Zа нами правда". На снимке запечатлена буксировка корабля для участия в военно-морском параде в Санкт-Петербурге. Ежегодно корабли Каспийской флотилии проходят Волго-Донской судоходный канал, преодолевая в общей сложности маршрут, общей протяженностью 2,5 тысячи километров.

Для того, чтобы корабль безопасно проходил под мостами, с него сняли мачту, основные системы, включая кондиционирование, отключили. Поэтому на корабле открыты люки и двери.

По фото видно, что корабль двигается вверх по Волге - как раз в сторону Петербурга. Зеленодольск и судоремонтный завод находится ниже Нижнего Новгорода по течению.

Если хотите узнать новости России и последние сводки с фронта - подписывайтесь на "Zа нами правда".

🤝 Подписаться на нас

Big_Gazza likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:18 pm