Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  sepheronx Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:21 pm

It's because we have big brain people here who think that if it isn't televised, it aint happening. Yet we dont have much televised of RuAF launching missiles and taking down enemy jets that dare to fly yet it is mentioned on both sides of it happening.

flamming_python, kvs, Manov, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  Arrow Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:35 pm

https://vk.com/video-206639135_456265439

GarryB and kvs like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:23 pm

Seig Heil wrote:The rumor of Belarus becoming a subject of the federation has been going on forever now "will they, won't they" its like a sitcom at this point. Until it actually happens, no point to pay any mind to the endless rumors

Around the time of the failed coup in Belarus a British neocon NGO Chatham House found that 54% favoured integration with the Russian Federation. It was also during that time that Lukashenko made some positive commitments around this issue in return for Russia's support - so who knows?

d_taddei2, kvs, ALAMO, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:25 pm

Around the time of the failed coup in Belarus a British neocon NGO Chatham House found that 54% favoured integration with the Russian Federation. It was also during that time that Lukashenko made some positive commitments around this issue in return for Russia's support - so who knows?

Lukashenko will never agree to Belarus becoming part of the Russian Federation.

flamming_python likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:26 pm

No offense to the poster but this is one of the funniest things I've seen here in awhile. And it also very well demonstrates the limitations of air power and even just bombing the hell out of a city in warfare.

It doesn't seem to matter even if you completely level a city. If there's a functioning govt in the country that can kidnap all the males and send them to the front, it doesn't matter even if you bring down a city onto the heads of the soldiers there. In this case, the Ukraine govt just sends more suicidal retard conscripts into the city.

This is why I question the strategy now. Russia should send a million mam army to decapitate the govt in Kiev instead. All functions of the state have to be destroyed.

Vuledar update, Ukranian source. Still unclear to my why Russia does not carpet bomb that village if it's so tactically important to remove Ukr forces from there.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 27 Cheesyrdn2

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 27 FpEtW-NWcAEPAYL?format=jpg&name=900x900
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:29 pm

Siegy wrote:The rumor of Belarus becoming a subject of the federation has been going on forever now "will they, won't they" its like a sitcom at this point. Until it actually happens, no point to pay any mind to the endless rumors

That is called boiling the frog slowly.
    If this was very unpopular idea in February last year, the same idea will be more popular this February and the further the West is going to push against Russia the more people will see the need to unite again. It's unavoidable.

If Divide and Conquer is tactic to win against your enemy than Unite and Empower is the key to win or at least sustain your independence and survive.

The West's actions remind me very much of the movie Minority Report, by which the initial action has triggered the "feared" event of Russia growing.

Last edited by Werewolf on Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Hole and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:34 pm

Arrow "Lukashenko will never agree to Belarus becoming part of the Russian Federation."

Would make planning for his successor and his retirement a whole lot easier and safer.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Backman and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:35 pm

A funny thing that you have mentioned that !

Maybe that's the case why Batka already draws a red line.

He will not intervene in the war against 404, until not directly attacked.

If so, the response will be immediate and harsh.

How nice is to know the trigger!

Twisted Evil

GarryB, d_taddei2 and Hole like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:38 pm

Lukashenko will never agree to Belarus becoming part of the Russian Federation.

Then he should be assassinated by Russia and a new head of govt should be installed that will. And it also doesn't matter what the hell the "Belarusian" ppl think either.

People have no power and don't matter. Look at Ukraine.
    Lapain

Post  Lapain Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:51 pm

Ugledar obviously holds strategic value since it's the only built up area north of RU's frontlines on that axis for quite some distance, therefore serving as a virtual fortress. The big question is how Ukraine continues to reinforce the town, since Russia should easily be able to interdict any vehicles or convoys moving across the flatlands using air assets.

If the ISIS gangs had no problems zerg rushing themselves inside the entire of northern Iraq and eastern Syria under the USAF/Coalition of Willing eyes and bombs, then the Ukies shouldn't have any under the thinner VKS coverage.
    Under the cover of dark, the AFU can freely move its assets whereas Russian thermals don't seem to be in adequate numbers or range.

Last edited by Lapain on Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:53 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 27 Ugh10

GarryB, franco, Airbornewolf, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO and like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:01 pm

There is supposedly some conflict between Prigozhin and Shoigu scratch

zorobabel and owais.usmani like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:14 pm

So kill their leader and ignore the countries populations wishes whatever they might be? for guys who claim to hate western methods...you sure do support them when it suits you

GarryB likes this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:17 pm

Prigozhin said that bakhmut couldve been taken by december if the MoD didnt cut wagner off from ammo supplies. This is treason. **** shoigu. I trust prigozhin. Prigozhin is the only patriotic and competent russian commander who can actually bring results. I hope prigozhin takes over the MoD and sacks Shoigu and Konashenkov, and demotes gerasimov.

zorobabel and owais.usmani like this post

Firebird dislikes this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:19 pm

https://t.me/gzvonews/4644

Who is he blaming for hampering orchestra process? I can't make it out, sounds like Ru MOD

* After reading comments, yeah he appears to hint at Ru MOD.

There has been speculation that the fossils Konashenko, Shoigu and Gerasimov are intentionally hampering with those making them look bad, in this case the orchestra.

Prigo claims Bakhmut would have been taken before new years if not for the abundance of sticks being put in their wheels by "military bureocracy" aka Ru MOD.

Question is, where is Putin? Letting his subordinates run some high school style drama with cliques and popular camps.
    So its the usual culprits, the fossilized potbelly dinosaurs who funded military cathedrals and underwater nuclear dildos, who are betraying russian soldiers in wagner.

owais.usmani likes this post

Firebird and flamming_python dislike this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:20 pm

https://t.me/gzvonews/4647

"Request from the editorial office of the Live24 edition and response:

Hello!

Evgeny Viktorovich, a video is being distributed on the network in which the fighters of the Wagner PMCs appeal to colleagues from the Ministry of Defense with a request to resume the supply of ammunition. According to them, at the moment, they are "cut off from supplies" and "this will affect the entire course of the war."

Can you comment?

We publish a comment by Evgeny Viktorovich Prigozhin:

"Pay attention to the fact that these wonderful fighters are heroes who are dying for our Motherland, they did not call anyone indecent words, and in no way discredited the Ministry of Defense. They simply asked their colleagues for ammunition and gave a detailed list of what was needed.

I can say that this has already borne some fruit. For example, Apti (Alaudinov - approx. the press service), whom I just met at the Moscow hospital, is now handing us one hundred and twenty-eight 120-millimeter mines and forty tank shells. Not on loan, but free of charge.

As for normal supplies, I have visited all the offices I know in Moscow and I will continue to do this until the guys get everything they need. Even if they put handcuffs on me in one of the offices, they will put me in jail for the so-called "discrediting the army.""
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:20 pm

Prigozhin a man who knows HOW to get things done and if efficient, the type of person people in power hate because it makes them look bad.

I suspect Shoigu is trying to keep Wagner on a leash, just like the regular russian army is and Prigo said "Naw **** that"

zorobabel, owais.usmani and limb like this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:22 pm

The only justifiable reason to withhold ammunition and prison recruitment to wagner is if the russian army can successfully make a devastating offensive somewhere else with better results than wagner in bakhmut. But atm they cant even take the forest belt near Liman, not to mention ugledar.

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:37 pm

New Judging freedom entry with Scott Ritter on line live.

Hole likes this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:40 pm

Siegy wrote:So kill their leader and ignore the countries populations wishes whatever they might be? for guys who claim to hate western methods...you sure do support them when it suits you
    Don't generalize just because one guy here suggest to kill Lukashenko.

He is all in favor of federalization I am sure of it, however, he can't nor anyone else can say that out of the blue. The temperature is to low yet and the frog might jump out if you wank the temperature to the maximum.

Who says all are against it? Vast majority are voters for Lukashenko despite many younger generations, mainly the post Soviet generations, are against him because of to much propaganda at universities just like in rest of the european countries. I have been to Belarus several times from the 90's to 2016 and the development of the country is pretty good.

I don't know the exact numbers but from the impressions I could gather talking to some they are in favor and usually the younger ones are either not sure or against it, but also not all of them.

Ultimately the will of the people is not relevant when there is a Democles' sword hanging over our entire population.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:48 pm

They have shown a lot of videos with helos and SU-24 launching unguided rockets into the horizon. So they are clearly trying to showcase it, but what they have shown is of questionable effect to be honest. They have a lot of vids of Krasnopol, TOS, etc etc. There has only been one good vid of the bombing of Azovstal that I have seen with bombs on target. That said I do know strategic aviation is doing its job with cruise missiles, but the question is more to do with tactical aviation. Is it relevant? Are there cheaper and more effective ways to get the job done? The endless stream of men and material to the front lines indicates that either Russia is happy to let them through, or failing. I guess letting them through is an efficient way to kill them, and Bakhmut is far enought west it does not pose a significant threat to Russia, in which case its a genius move. Maybe Russia bribed Zelensky to do this lol.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:51 pm

Prigozhin said that bakhmut couldve been taken by december if the MoD didnt cut wagner off from ammo supplies. This is treason. **** shoigu. I trust prigozhin. Prigozhin is the only patriotic and competent russian commander who can actually bring results. I hope prigozhin takes over the MoD and sacks Shoigu and Konashenkov, and demotes gerasimov.

lol1 pwnd

Anyway to be serious, this petty infighting is unnecessary and distracting.
    I hope it's just some disinfo BS or shameless self-PR else its long past due for Putin to step in personally and force a public commitment from both sides to co-operate and without any further drama.

Apti Aluidinov personally handing him over a few dozen mines and tank rounds? Yeah this has got to be a piss-take of some description.

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:52 pm

and SU-24 launching unguided rockets into the horizon

Please continue.
    I would like to see where "lacking a clue" ends, and you seem to be a good horse for the race.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Tolstoy
    Tolstoy

Post  Tolstoy Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:19 pm

The much hyped anti war protests that were to be held today at Sobornaya Square, Moscow by a few organizations (ostensibly supported by Navalny) was called off after only a handful of supporters turned up.

GarryB, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, Walther von Oldenburg, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:22 pm

GarryB wrote:The VKS and Russian Navy have done their jobs and killed more nazis than the west ever has.

They are fighting artillery duels in 21st century

In Bosnia USA had to put up no-fly zone because our shitty ass airforce was fúcking up their Bosnian butt buddies so hard the war would have been over in a month

KLA couldn't use anything bigger than RPG-7 because our trainer jets were bombing them to shit while NATO was bombing us

But Russia still plays fúcking Winter War in 2023...

Number of Nazis they killed is pathetically low compared to what they should have killed by now

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:54 am