Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Dr.Snufflebug

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 Fplmjq10

"Hey, is it possible for a Kazakhstani citizen to join Azov?"
    "- No, we only accept people with Ukrainian citizenship."
    "Okay, I wish you victory. I'll join Wagner then."

GarryB, Tolstoy, zardof, littlerabbit, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Tolstoy
    Tolstoy

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  Tolstoy Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:18 pm

Nice description of the TOR. But not sure what he means by modifying Tor so that it can intercept HIMARS and M270. Tor already has that capability.

par far, Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:31 pm

Cheaper light missile perhaps? Pantsir is brilliant in this regard.

GarryB likes this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:43 pm

At the price of one Su-35S or Su-57, which will be more expensive than the Su-35S, how many tanks and howitzers, multiple rocket launchers, mortars can be built and who will cause more damage on the front ? Smile

A very simple answer: if you stop the Su-35 and Su-57 production plant, it will not increase the production capacity for the construction of tanks and artillery. You will simply be left without the S-35 and Su-57.

sepheronx, GarryB, kvs, zepia, VARGR198, Rodion_Romanovic, zardof and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:54 pm

Dr.Snufflebug Today at 9:08 am

That doesn't even make any sense.

The missile, which clearly is a Kornet

Ukraine doesn't have anything that looks like a Kornet ? They couldn't use a Ukraine missile. It would be too obvious. I am 50/50 on this. But that's just me. It was a perfect propaganda piece for the US. They need a steady fill of propaganda. Look at the comments in the article. Every propagandized American think that Russia is fighting with zero rules of war. Anyone who seen that ins't going to oppose sending more weapons. One of their glorious volunteer medics was killed.

The whole crew obviously didnt know about it. Even the camera guys. They were sent on a mission with camera ppl. 3rd party CIA guy shoots the missile at them.

GarryB and kvs like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:54 pm

While the russian army liberated 2 tiny shitty  hamlets on the svatovo -kremennaya front  in 3 months while being properly supplied, wagner took a town of 2000+ people in 2 weeks despite lacking artillery ammo .

Wagner combined arms, recon abilities, armor usage and coordination must be on a mich higher level than the ru MOD if they can take massively fortified urban areas with mines, but the army cant even take the shitty unfortified hamlet of novoselovskoe and the torskoe-makeevka region.

owais.usmani likes this post

Backman dislikes this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:58 pm

Bbbut prigozhin was being tongue in cheek!!1!

Backman dislikes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:51 pm

by modifying Tor
    Software was updated, either for the radar (detection range?) or the missile (better flight profile?).

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 Fpmapc10
    Soldier with letters from school kids.

GarryB, kvs, Godric, TMA1, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:04 pm

@Suriyak
    @Suriyakmaps
    Situation north of Bakhmut city:
    Russian forces PMC Wagner took full control over the town of Paraskoviivka following the withdrawal of #UkrainianArmy and took control over most of the hill which overlooks the town of Berkhivka.
    Map: [ https://google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1V8NzjQkzMOhpuLhkktbiKgodOQ27X6IV&ll=48.652410536146455%2C37.98645993725917&z=14 ]
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 FpMWJPFWYAcIjA-?format=jpg&name=900x900

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, littlerabbit, Hole and like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:14 pm

https://t.me/denatofication/5069
    These two vids are from 27 Dec.

Wagner soldiers addressing Gerasimov: "You faggot, fucking devil, we have no shells to fight with, our soldiers are dying, and we can't help them. Here in Bakhmut we fight with the whole Ukrainian army. Where are you? Help us. No other words for you except faggot."

Prigozhin later confirmed (link above and see the second footage) this wasn't a Ukrainian provocation.
    limb

Post  limb Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:15 pm

Hopefully berkhovka and yagodnoe can be taken without much ammunitiom expenditure
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:20 pm

PD wrote:GarryB wrote:
    They are killing the minimum civilians necessary...

Who gives a shit? Since when are those vermin more valuable than Russians?

This pussyfooting is compromising military objectives

Thank you for proving the forum once again that you 5 Star Trivago General would be one of the 5th column guys bringing everything to a downfall. With people like you I really have no questions why Yugoslavia and all it's members have such a disastrous downfall. I may use your own words, "If you can't protect it you shouldn't have it".

You are one of the nutcases that is absolutely not capable of thinking of the consequences. Trigger happy and blood thirsty.

On another subject talking to Germans it's like talking to Ukrainians, no critical thinking ability. They parrot 1:1 what the TV says. The germans also believe they have free media with no propaganda. The only difference that matters and I am glad it is like it is, they are mentally and morally weak. They will fold quick and have no spirit to fight. Over 30 years in this society from being pro Germany and hoping for Germans to wake up and become independent again from US, I slowly have realized like many others it is a lost cause. They will be thrown into the russian meat grinder once again. They are groomed for that purpose like rest of NATO. Despite having partial german roots, I have developed a resentment due to the stubborn idiotism they show on a daily basis. I feel no more sorry for them. There fate was decided by the US and so be it.

Last edited by Werewolf on Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Manov and like this post

PapaDragon and owais.usmani dislike this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:27 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 Fplzdi10
    Musicians in the freshly liberated town.

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:35 pm

Ukraine doesn't have anything that looks like a Kornet ?

Nope.
    The shape is really easy to distinguish.
    Stugna-P that Ukrs delivered en mass to own troops has an oversized warhead part.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 Ukrain10

sepheronx and flamming_python like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:38 pm

To Scorpius

I have no idea what you are writing about, because I didn't even mention "suspension of production of Su-35S and Su-57", but I wrote about the fact that the Russians will SURELY give 50% more money for equipping T-14 tanks and 2S35 howitzers than they will give for Su- 57, as well as that the land army kills far more than the aviation. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ALL THE REPORTS FROM THE FRONT ARE SAYING EXACTLY THAT, DON'T THEY. And just for one more example, calculate the cost of 10 885M submarines, 10 955A submarines + diesel submarines and you will understand that the Russians do not pay more for fighter aviation than for submarines.
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:42 pm

werewolf wrote:On another subject talking to Germans it's like talking to Ukrainians, no critical thinking ability. They parrot 1:1 what the TV says. The germans also believe they have free media with no propaganda. The only difference that matters and I am glad it is like it is, they are mentally and morally weak. They will fold quick and have no spirit to fight. Over 30 years in this society from being pro Germany and hoping for Germans to weak up and become independent again from US I slowly have realized and many others it is a lost cause. They will be thrown into the russian meat grinder once again. They are groomed for that purpose like rest of NATO. Despite having partial german roots, I have developed a resentment due to the stubborn idiotism they show on a daily basis. I feel no more sorry for them. There fate was decided by the US and so be it.

You are now succumbing to a media lie yourself. Talk to East Germans. Talk to those who write in forums. Difference like day and night. Germany is US und GB occupied, is a Nazi country through West Germany. You will set yourself free, but it will hurt.

GarryB likes this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:53 pm

You are now succumbing to a media lie yourself. Talk to East Germans. Talk to those who write in forums. Difference like day and night. Germany is US und GB occupied, is a Nazi country through West Germany. You will set yourself free, but it will hurt.

I don't know which forums you are talking about as I haven't seen any.
    I know that there are some people fully aware what is happening and where Germany is heading, but they are a minority from my experience. Majority still praises Merkel as some sort of magical leader that somehow managed to make Germany great, while substantial amount see it as it is, she single handedly reduced Germany's living standard and opened gates for criminality with her open border policies which was a CIA project. She is not german, not by blood nor by ideology.

Anyways, I completely have abandon any german-speaking influence on me besides work and couldn't be more happy. Everything I consume is either in russian, english or polish language. This isn't about bias from either side. My decision is based on the circumstances and tendency and future  development of Germany. This country and society are a closed chapter for me. Time to move on.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and Broski like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:31 am

This is why I said "what the ppl think don't matter".

I didn't mean it in a US imperial way but thats how some posters took it. I just meant it in a literal way. What the ppl think does not seem to actually matter. Yes. It is the right thing to do to consider what the ppl think and make policy based on that. It is just basic good governance and human decency. But it doesn't actually matter.

Which is to say, the US COULD do exactly what they did to Ukraine, to Belarus. So Russia cant afford to fiddle **** around with Belarus. They have to secure it by any means necessary. It isn't too late for Belarus and thats good. But Kazakistan ? Its going the way of Ukraine

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:58 am

This would make sense considering Wagner took territory in the last 2 days.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 32 FpNaikAWAAEkOLm?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:16 am

What gun are these complaining are running? I assume priorities are with SPG systems. Maybe that’s why they are left dry. Anyway, Prigozhin will find who needs to be punched in the balls if they are really not getting right ammount of shells. He is taking care of his guys well
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:17 am

Kazakhstan is troubling. Putin really really really needs to press for integration and union state with most of the stans and Belarus.

GunshipDemocracy, Hole, owais.usmani, Backman, TMA1, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:25 am

Belarus - for sure. Stans - let them fucking rot. Nothing but trouble even during Soviet Union, they were net receivers

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:29 am

Stopping the funding in Kazakhstan is rather easy. It can be blocked entirely. But Kazakhstan is extremely corrupt.

xeno, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, owais.usmani, TMA1, Broski and Belisarius like this post

zare

Post  zare Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:33 am

The Wagner thing is a counterintelligence maskirovka, they're a private company, they order weapons and ammo. They are also not encircled and have venues of retreat. Russians are trying to provoke Ukrainian charge into a trap.

GarryB, franco, JohninMK, Hole, TMA1, Broski and Belisarius like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:21 am

Remember that the west will do whatever it can to amplify and magnify divisions amongst Russian military elements and people in positions of power. The head of Wagner should know this, he should also stay humble and understand how unorthodox his position is and not aid the west in even making it look like there are divisions. If Progozin is playing political games he needs to be put down a few notches even if he is successful, as he should be perfectly aware that outside and inside Russia many will see him for right or wrong as a kind of outside merc or paramilitary element that is rupe for causing a coup.

He should clearly understand this and understand how the west would try and take advantage of any situation. The Russian military would also naturally be ambivalent of some outsider group acting like upstarts and making the Russian military look bad. This is not true but I have heard this in the west. Russian people are very sharp and keep abreast of what is said globally, and right now they need to be convinced of the unified effort to protect their motherland from hostile forces.

This ammo shortage talk is rubbing me thr wrong way. Get a grip Progozin. You are a Russian patriot first and foremost. Behave like one.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Backman and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:51 am