Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
higurashihougi
Isos
Mir
nomadski
franco
walle83
Podlodka77
ahmedfire
Arrow
Serberus
Big_Gazza
GarryB
RTN
Arkanghelsk
Godric
GunshipDemocracy
Ispan
Sprut-B
Werewolf
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Tolstoy
ucmvulcan
Sujoy
Broski
The-thing-next-door
par far
berhoum
Azi
Ned86
T-47
mnrck
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
mavaff
diabetus
lancelot
mr_hd
thegopnik
Erk
PhSt
Rodion_Romanovic
pavi
Belisarius
11E
adder
TMA1
jon_deluxe
dionis
Airbornewolf
0nillie0
lyle6
nemrod
Firebird
owais.usmani
mnztr
Dr.Snufflebug
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
limb
sundoesntrise
Lapain
Backman
Karl Haushofer
flamming_python
sepheronx
SeigSoloyvov
Stealthflanker
ludovicense
Regular
JohninMK
Scorpius
kvs
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:42 pm

UGV, I think a UGV force cheaply made to head in front of armor would make minefields less dangerous

It would be implicit cost of armored war

One of the vehicles act as command post for a swarm which rolls in front of the lead vehicle

But in all I have no clue what this is doing,  this failed offensive will have massive repercussions

Why are they just going in without regard to the mines?

If they are afraid of counterattack, dig in somewhere defendable, and just hold the line , even that would make more sense than rushing a minefield

There's other spots they could stage propaganda offensives like Priednistrovie

Idk what is the point of this shit show , they are attacking in the same places

Zelensky and Syrsky are in deep shit

Zaluzhny is smart for not taking part in this, although his head will be on the block just because of zelenskys intransigence , but the whole lot of them will be disposed

Podolyak, Reznikov, Budanov already is gone, Arestovich ran to Israel

Where is sundoesntrise and the other clown?

Mr HD, where is the victory? Laughing Laughing

Walle where is NATO Laughing Laughing Laughing

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:07 pm

You know buddy its easy to sit there and talk, about "why the dumb fucks do this"

You know how hard it is to clear a minefield in front of a defended position? what you think they can just send in demining equipment and it wont get shot up like nothing?

its impossible to clean without all your stuff getting taken out, do you have to move through it, there is little choice,

GarryB, Broski and rfan like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:12 pm

Another in depth assesment of results so far

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2023/06/09/observaciones-sobre-la-ofensiva-en-el-sur-3/

GarryB, Godric and jon_deluxe like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:16 pm

That's some big oooooof there.  Those hyping Leopard 2 is gonna have some rude shock. Especially 2A6 got turned to a victim.  Big question tho where were Ukrainian counter battery and air support.  

------------

Also bit unrelated but i recently criticized Paul Massaro over his stupid meme and guess what... bunch of people claiming to be Ukrainian actually hop in and messing around. telling me to get out of bubble etc.
    But i'll be honest i am sick looking at Paul's meme. It's a mental issue right now or borderline of it.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:32 pm

GarryB, ahmedfire, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Godric and like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:32 pm

GarryB, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and like this post

0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:53 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:You know buddy its easy to sit there and talk, about "why the dumb fucks do this"

You know how hard it is to clear a minefield in front of a defended position? what you think they can just send in demining equipment and it wont get shot up like nothing?

its impossible to clean without all your stuff getting taken out, do you have to move through it, there is little choice,

I think any army in the world right now (including Russia) would face the same issues under the same set of circumstances on the front line now.

When you get billions dollar worth of equipment and have men to spare, you just send them in anyway and count on luck and an oversight by the defender. Especially if you are under pressure to procude results over the next few months. Like they give a shit about bad media coverage at this point.
    What else are they going to do?

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:09 pm

Well 155th marines did experience this in Ugledar

The thing is after the first wave failed, they stopped repeating it

Same with Oskol River crossings, although they did it twice

But Ukraine has tried to cross the same minefield 4 days in a row now...

Clearing a minefield needs to be approached with new technologies

Similar to overloading air defense with decoys and gerans,

Mechanized assaults need UGVs to absorb mines , I know Uralvagonzavod displayed a remote controlled chassis of T55 and T62 before

That could be a solution -

GarryB, d_taddei2, VARGR198, lancelot, Broski, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:26 pm

Hole wrote:
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44 - Page 9 Fymbxm10

Who needs stealth! That is jaw dropping camo on that Leopard CEV! Shocked

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Broski and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:27 pm

ALAMO wrote:A6s and M2s are very interesting signatures.
    The west has nothing better to share.
    Zero.
    What is the point here, is what seems to be the very best&trained Panzerkorps sent into the fire.
    With practically no effect.
    It is not even a case that they were bumped off by the Russian defense. They couldn't even manage to get to the contact line.
    We are talking about half a year assembling&training of the troops, that died without even seeing the enemy clear, in most of the cases.
    In a scale of warfare and objective judgment, it is a massacre.
    And it seems that only light/screening Russian forces has been even involved ... with the heavy units sitting calmly deep into the lines, waiting ...
    Imagine throwing a full battalion of 90Ms on that, they would just drive over them hardly noticing ...

So it is not even a matter of numbers, but a general doctrine and potential.
    How much more gear can NATO share?
    Would a hundred more L2A6s make any difference?
    There are not even the numbers on hand...

By the way, have you used some pesticides or something? The number of vermins seems reduced to round zero for the last few days ...

Even a very mediocre armchair general could have seen the inevitable outcome here. This just shows how evil politicians are. No true military leader would allow this slaughter to happen. Even on the troll front things have gone very very quiet. Laughing

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:48 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Well 155th marines did experience this in Ugledar

The thing is after the first wave failed, they stopped repeating it

Same with Oskol River crossings, although they did it twice

But Ukraine has tried to cross the same minefield 4 days in a row now...

Clearing a minefield needs to be approached with new technologies

Similar to overloading air defense with decoys and gerans,

Mechanized assaults need UGVs to absorb mines , I know Uralvagonzavod displayed a remote controlled chassis of T55 and T62 before

That could be a solution -

Because they have to cross that minefield there cannot go around lol.

The 155th marines stopped sure but you are leaving out the part where they never advanced from that direction anymore because there was no feasible way to clear the mines out while under heavy enemy fire.

Mines in the ground are also a totally different story then simply putting up so many drones the aa cannot defend against it.

That would be like sending hundreds of vehicles over to the mines to simply overwhelm the minefields sure you got rid of the mines...but you lost tons of armor doing it

jon_deluxe likes this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:09 pm

We are seeing the myth of Western invincible weapons literally turned into scrap metal, along with standard NATO training.
    The F 16/18 are missing.... does anyone know how to qualify to fly?

And the "world" is just watching. How much lie was sold to him....

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, zardof, owais.usmani and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:13 pm

Mercouris is engaged in tedious and nonsensical discussion about the precious Leo-2s that Russia is "exaggerating" the number
    it destroyed. I recall he spent a lot of time with the nonsense about HIMARS systems not being taken out by Russian forces as well.
    The pathology is readily apparent. Any NATzO trash sent to the front is invincible and Russia has to prove that it can touch this
    crap. Give me a f*cking break. How can anybody with a clue spend time discussing the "small" number of Leo-2s taken out when
    the Kiev regime forces are being mowed down as soon as they try to move.

The Kiev regime and its social and NATzO regular media parrots always deny losses. They deny losses of men, equipment and sanity.
    They project the losses of their side onto Russia. Do we have a single video or photo of burned out Russian tanks in the current
    moronically overhyped "spring counter-offensive"? Injecting "balance" into evaluations of the current offensive is just stupid bias
    itself.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Broski, bitch_killer and like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:16 pm

im not back, still busy with personal stuff.

But i could not resist taking a peek on Telegram to see all the good stuff Wink

For the ones that have not seen it:

RF forces take out Ukrainian column, Leo2 tanks in Orekhovsky region

Ukrainian attempt to advance is repelled in the vicinity of Artemovsk.

Orekhovsky direction, destroyed western armor by RF forces

RF Forces shell Ukrainian convoy im South Donetsk

additional footage of the destroyed ukrainian collumn at Orekhovsky

RF KA-52 takes out ukrainian armor at Orekhovsky

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:27 pm

So how can you clear a minefield? If you don't want to use UGV?

There has to be simpler cheaper method of doing so

I would think artillery barrage could clear a minefield, and Ukrainians indeed used artillery to prepare the field

But I think remote minelaying complicates it, because after you clear the first bunch, an MLRS will come by and lay another batch over the area that was just cleared

It's tricky, I think if Ukraine had airpower it would enable them to hunt the minelayers in the rear , maybe using Apache AH64 to use SPIKE to hunt those vehicles in the rear, but then you have SHORADS which 58th army is sure to have in ample supply

They could also use HIMARS to target the minelayers as they approach the zone , as I'm sure the range of minelayers is way shorter than range of HIMARS , but again air defense complicates its use

And then the question is also spotting those MLRS as they drive out for minutes , fire mines, and disappear

Drones would help targeting, but the repeating towers are getting blasted by Geran

I really don't know what method would work

Maybe it's true, nothing but repeated banzai charges would overcome those minefields

Hole likes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmYjBL4FNk

5:55 sounds like the beginning of the end for Ameri-stan aka 'elensky puppet Pukraine.

But 6:40 its clear they are still being fantasist cocksuckers.

Howeever, I think its clear. Russia must show no mercy. The Eastern half inc Odessa can become Russia. Kiev Russian Fedn, or closely Russian allied. The Western parts must be very firmly controlled by Russia. No GATO, no EU. No time to rebuild for futher atrocities. No Nazis dodging justice.

This suggests the Empire of Lies is drifting towards ending support. Seems the war isn't so popular in America, despite the US lie machine in overdrive.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Broski and rfan like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:59 pm

kvs wrote:Mercouris is engaged in tedious and nonsensical discussion about the precious Leo-2s that Russia is "exaggerating" the number
    it destroyed.   I recall he spent a lot of time with the nonsense about HIMARS systems not being taken out by Russian forces as well.

We all tend to forget that those people serve their own goals and agenda - financial being the most obvious.
    They will make a noise there where it will bring the cashflow.

I was watching McGregor lately, and you know what hampered me?
    He was unable to recognize an F-16.
    Being shown clear cadres with closeups, he could not figure out not only what kind of plane is that, but even if it is Murocan or another.
    Now imagine. The guy was - objectively - a Trump military advisor.
    And has some REAL military background.
    I have caught him red-handed with other subject where he has a zero clue.
    A subject that is crystal clear to 75% of folks here.
    Yet, he serves a talking head role.
    And he is one of the most experienced ones out there!
    Doesn't that scare you?

GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, lancelot, Broski, jon_deluxe and like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:00 pm

Remotely lain mines are not hidden at all. If butterfly mines can be spotted and disposed off the larger and more inconspicuous AT mines can be detected and dealt with as well.

Thay's why I'm proposing a bow mount RCWS with image recognition of mines. They are cheap enough each vehicle can have one and if its distributed you don't need to worry about making specific lanes.

You can also have UAVs with magnetic detectors comb the ground for mines, then drop a geotag on the battlenet map for other units to avoid or destroy.

T-14s have those cables running around them to disrupt their magnetic signature against magnetic triggered weaponry like mines and some ATGMs. That should be a nice addition to all AFVs moving forward as well.

Really there's loads to be done. People are just too shocked by how their priors have all been smashed to process the new developments in warfare but in time someone will adapt. And I want that to be the Russians first.

GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:14 pm

The thing is RCWS is not full proof, what if you miss some?

I think armor vs mines, is still favorable to air assault vs air defense

The visual effect of destroyed tanks is very big, but less lives are lost and financially some destroyed tanks is better than losing a whole air assault Platoon and the helicopter

Idk it just seems like there's going to be attrition either way

Or every tank battalion should have an MLRS Platoon nearby firing in front of the armor to clear the path

Hole likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:47 pm

So how can you clear a minefield? If you don't want to use UGV?

You go Ukro way :

Step 1: beg for 6 million $ Leopard 2.
    Step 2: send the leopards 2 on the mines.

Works very well. lol1

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

dionis

Post  dionis Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:01 pm

Attacking is hard.

GarryB and Hannibal Barca like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:05 pm

dionis wrote:Attacking is hard.

For the ukro it's impossible.

They don't have an air force, no enough vehicles, no dvantage in artillery and they have nothing to counter anti tank weapons that vaporize their armor.

Russians have everything, number, weapon, quality... and they have very well build defensive positions.

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:06 pm

Mercouris is engaged in tedious and nonsensical discussion
    His videos are hard to watch. All those ticks. lol1
    If he could talk straight his videos would be only half as long.
    And every time he talks about some russian claims that he can´t verify only to mention them
    again a few days later and declaring that they have been verified. But in the meantime he gives
    the western claims, which are never verified, the same merit.

I was watching McGregor lately, and you know what hampered me?
    He was unable to recognize an F-16.
    He is a tank guy. He had the same problems with satellites, early warning and stuff
    like ASAT and ABM systems, just repeating the western (american) views on russian
    systems.

Really there's loads to be done.
    MRLS and TOS could work well for a coarse cleaning of the mines, followed by the usual
    mine-clearing line charge layers (UR systems). Maybe these systems could get longer range
    rockets to stay out of harms way when deploying the charges.

There is the BMR-3 and the Prokhod UGV but they use ploughs or rollers and are slow.
    So you need a lot of them to clean multiple lanes simultaniously. Which doesn´t work against smart AT mines.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44 - Page 9 Fymo0o10
    Propably from a finnish mine clearing Leo2 version.

GarryB, franco, markgreven, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:14 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #44 - Page 9 Fymn_k10
    Looks as if the commanders don´t know what to do next.

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:21 pm

Hole wrote:
    Looks as if the commanders don´t know what to do next.

IMO comms jammed and second wave met the first wave. They saw the result, hide behind the destroyed vehicles and wait for orders that never came.

A video shows one of them exploding. Russians attacked before orders came.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, owais.usmani and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:04 pm