Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
KomissarBojanchev
Hisroyalhighness
Big_Gazza
Osobist
Akula971
Teshub
Karl Haushofer
Walther von Oldenburg
magnumcromagnon
type055
Inetwarrior
Cyberspec
Bolt
Cowboy's daughter
flamming_python
whir
collegeboy16
Viktor
Monarchist
Morpheus Eberhardt
alexZam
medo
par far
Vann7
GarryB
Cahaba
Rodinazombie
TheArmenian
sepheronx
ExBeobachter1987
gregoire
Mr.Comrade
macedonian
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Regular
etaepsilonk
higurashihougi
Khepesh
auslander
Erk
Werewolf
Admin
franco
cheesfactory
Airbornewolf
Godric
BKP
Ghoster
PapaDragon
Flagship Victory
mack8
George1
Neutrality
kvs
AlfaT8
60 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Neutrality
    Neutrality

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  Neutrality Wed May 13, 2015 12:24 am

Railroad bridge blown up in Odessa. Someone is trying to take out logistics network and potential supply of Right Sector nationalists pirat
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 12:28 am

Werewolf wrote:If you believe the american degenerated public will vote for anything else but this vile sociopath Clinton then you really should check the recent past of US...they are heading straight towards this final destination...doom us all.

Some of us are not so degenerated as to vote for her.
    God help us if she's elected.

How likely, what are the odds, of Poroshenko losing control of Ukraine, and no one being in control, i.e. not U.S.A., not Eu, not Kiev government, of "the ATO"?

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:If you believe the american degenerated public will vote for anything else but this vile sociopath Clinton then you really should check the recent past of US...they are heading straight towards this final destination...doom us all.

Some of us are not so degenerated as to vote for her.
    God help us if she's elected.

How likely, what are the odds, of Poroshenko losing control of Ukraine, and no one being in control, i.e. not U.S.A., not Eu, not Kiev government, of "the ATO"?

You are in the minority unfortunatley and the majority is not voting anyway, usually the die hard hardliners and demorats and liberals and neocons are voters along with lot of guillable people.

I do not expect anything else but Clinton it just the most likely scenario and actually i am very certain she is already selected for several years already to be 2016 president.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

Off topic, but in the news. I wonder if it will affect US/Russia relations?

& also USA/Ukraine/Russia?

Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/13/business/senate-vote-obama-fast-track-trade-deal.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Senate Democrats handed President Obama a stinging rebuke on Tuesday, blocking consideration of legislation granting their own president accelerated power to complete a major trade accord with Asia.

.......But Mr. Hatch, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said it was not at all clear the pro-trade forces could resurrect the legislation.

“I don’t know where this goes,” he said.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Wed May 13, 2015 12:47 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

He's caught between 2 walls, the majority of the population and the ultranationalist thugs. The Ukrainian people are being told that the economy is doing bad because of the war but the day will come when they won't be able to tolerate the economic downfall and the destruction of their livelihoods any longer. On the other hand there is Right Sector and their equally radical sympathizers who want to keep this war going until they have retaken Donbass AND Crimea, at all costs. One of the 2 will sooner or later get back to the streets and demand Poroshenko's resignation. If such a scenario takes place, there's literally no suitable candidate to replace him and I believe at that point Ukrainian oblasts will secede. How they will be formed is anyone's guess really.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed May 13, 2015 12:52 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Off topic, but in the news. I wonder if it will affect US/Russia relations?

& also USA/Ukraine/Russia?

Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/13/business/senate-vote-obama-fast-track-trade-deal.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Senate Democrats handed President Obama a stinging rebuke on Tuesday, blocking consideration of legislation granting their own president accelerated power to complete a major trade accord with Asia.

.......But Mr. Hatch, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said it was not at all clear the pro-trade forces could resurrect the legislation.

“I don’t know where this goes,” he said.

...Interesting, the TPP aka the Toilet Paper Pushing deal was supposed to be a anti-Chinese trade block, but AIIB took Obummer admin by surprise, and it looks like TPP is going belly up! If Obummer want's to be remembered for anything other than failure, he better change a lot of his policies real quick!
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 12:54 am

Here's a bit..

Kerry to Sochi: Could it lead to a 're-reset' of US-Russian relations?
    The trip suggests the Obama administration sees some hope for re-engaging with Russia, despite tensions over Ukraine.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Policy/2015/0511/Kerry-to-Sochi-Could-it-lead-to-a-re-reset-of-US-Russian-relations-video
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Wed May 13, 2015 12:58 am

Quoting myself because it was on the bottom of the last page:

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

He's caught between 2 walls, the majority of the population and the ultranationalist thugs. The Ukrainian people are being told that the economy is doing bad because of the war but the day will come when they won't be able to tolerate the economic downfall and the destruction of their livelihoods any longer. On the other hand there is Right Sector and their equally radical sympathizers who want to keep this war going until they have retaken Donbass AND Crimea, at all costs. One of the 2 will sooner or later get back to the streets and demand Poroshenko's resignation. If such a scenario takes place, there's literally no suitable candidate to replace him and I believe at that point Ukrainian oblasts will secede. How they will be formed is anyone's guess really.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 1:17 am

Neutrality wrote:Quoting myself because it was on the bottom of the last page:

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

You know, it may turn out exactly like that.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed May 13, 2015 1:30 am

Neutrality wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Ukraine should become a federation rather than the unitary state with the centralized power. It would be great if more oblasts seceded, it would really send a message to the rest of the world that Crimea and Donbass were right in their assessment of things to come. No need for oblasts to join the RF, just leave the bad rulers of Kiev to their own demise.

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2015 1:36 am

Hate to break to y'all, but Clinton is probably going to win. She has no real challengers in her party and the GOP is too split.

Back on topic: If things keep going as they have today. Russia and the US and their EU slaves will reset their relations which is good for everyone except Pork and his crime syndicate. Gaining Ukraine as an ally in return for cutting off relations with Russia was not a good deal to begin with, unless you were able to plunder Ukraine.

Russia will not give up on Novorossiya but now the West should turn a blind eye to it as long as Russia doesn't flood the country with Polite People or if the NAF doesn't push much further than the ceasefire lines unless provoked. Ukraine will no longer be able to support their own ATO but they will probably attempt one last large scale attack on Novorossiya, won't be suprised if the rebels will recapture all of the Donetsk and Lugansk Oblasts if this continues, won't be suprised if the rebels will not advance either. I do not see Novorossiya being recognized by the UN as a state for a long time as South Ossetia, Abkhazia, or Transdniester were unrecognized and are viewed as frozen conflicts.

It seems almost inevitable that the Ukrainian government will default as the domestic situation continues to worsen. Without backing from the West, Ukraine's government may be unable to administer their territory properly and it wouldn't shock me if places that are still predominantly Russian and showing indirect resistance to Kiev like Kharkov or Odessa Mama were able to secede peacefully because Ukraine couldn't stop them from doing so.

Nationalist groups like Right Sector would most likely try to continue their war on Russian culture, ethnicity, and people, be there a Ukrainian Government or not.

This is just what I personally see happening if these events unfold as they are happening now.

Neutrality wrote:Railroad bridge blown up in Odessa. Someone is trying to take out logistics network and potential supply of Right Sector nationalists pirat
    Good for them! No civilian hurt but the war effort gets slowed down.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 1:41 am

I tried to see if this had already been posted. I couldn't find it. If it's a repeat, my apology.

Anatoly Shary for CKUW radio station Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQWhsZJ4bRk&feature=youtu.be
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed May 13, 2015 2:34 am

Dude, I get that you are angry and trust me,I understand (see my location) but there is no need for generalization and insults. Where you live does not determine what kind of person you are.

Politicians are not people.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed May 13, 2015 2:43 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Quoting myself because it was on the bottom of the last page:

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

You know, it may turn out exactly like that.

I hope it does, that would be least painful solution and would instantly fulfill all of Novorussia's objectives.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed May 13, 2015 2:46 am

Clinton may be a ***t, but that wont change the overall policy of things. In the end, it is the senate and their backroom dealings with lobbyiests and alike that make the end goals of the country, regardless what the Public feels. I highly doubt majority of US citizens want/care to go to war with Russia or want confrontation or want to do any of the sort. Many just want their Carls Jr, their movies, their Soda's, Girls/guys to spend the night with, get drunk/high and pay their bills. They live in a society of gluttony, and thus that will be the main reason why they wont care and wont protest regarding what their politicians do.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 5:11 am

sepheronx wrote:Clinton may be a ***t, but that wont change the overall policy of things.  In the end, it is the senate and their backroom dealings with lobbyiests and alike that make the end goals of the country, regardless what the Public feels.  I highly doubt majority of US citizens want/care to go to war with Russia or want confrontation or want to do any of the sort.  Many just want their Carls Jr, their movies, their Soda's, Girls/guys to spend the night with, get drunk/high and pay their bills.  They live in a society of gluttony, and thus that will be the main reason why they wont care and wont protest regarding what their politicians do.

Oh my Lord. I agree that the majority of Americans do not want to go to war with Russia. nor want confrontation nor any of the sort, but the second part of your post is just insulting to hardworking persons in the USA. You need to come to Texas and visit my family. My son-in-law works for a telephone company and puts in long hours. My daughter works at the school as a computer geek, and drives a school bus. My grandkids are not "movies, sodas,"  and they are not spending the night with anyone, not getting drunk nor high (& I have no idea what a Carls Jr. is.), grades in school, college ahead. Work to pay bills, yes, but not so naive to never think it can't all be lost, nor even is ultimate goal a house, car, etc. When my grandkids get out of high school, my dau. and her husband will probably sell the house they live in, and move back into the first house they ever bought, worth less than $5,000. Why? because possessions are not everything.

Very Happy I'm just flabbergasted. I just chalk up what you said to your age. Very Happy Brother, think a minute!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed May 13, 2015 5:28 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Clinton may be a ***t, but that wont change the overall policy of things.  In the end, it is the senate and their backroom dealings with lobbyiests and alike that make the end goals of the country, regardless what the Public feels.  I highly doubt majority of US citizens want/care to go to war with Russia or want confrontation or want to do any of the sort.  Many just want their Carls Jr, their movies, their Soda's, Girls/guys to spend the night with, get drunk/high and pay their bills.  They live in a society of gluttony, and thus that will be the main reason why they wont care and wont protest regarding what their politicians do.

Oh my Lord. I agree that the majority of Americans do not want to go to war with Russia. nor want confrontation nor any of the sort, but the second part of your post is just insulting to hardworking persons in the USA. You need to come to Texas and visit my family. My son-in-law works for a telephone company and puts in long hours. My daughter works at the school as a computer geek, and drives a school bus. My grandkids are not "movies, sodas,"  and they are not spending the night with anyone, not getting drunk nor high (& I have no idea what a Carls Jr. is.), grades in school, college ahead. Work to pay bills, yes, but not so naive to never think it can't all be lost, nor even is ultimate goal a house, car, etc. When my grandkids get out of high school, my dau. and her husband will probably sell the house they live in, and move back into the first house they ever bought, worth less than $5,000. Why? because possessions are not everything.

Very Happy I'm just flabbergasted. I just chalk up what you said to your age. Very Happy Brother, think a minute!

I congratulate you on having a successful family.  And I do mean it and not being rude.  Sorry if I was offensive. Carls Jr is apparently an amazing burger joint down in the states and I know they have one in Kamloops BC, Canada. Never been to one myself.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 5:42 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

I congratulate you on having a successful family.  And I do mean it and not being rude.  Sorry if I was offensive.  Carls Jr is apparently an amazing burger joint down in the states and I know they have one in Kamloops BC, Canada.  Never been to one myself.

I know you sincerely mean it, and I thank you, sepheronx. It's okay, brother. No worries.

I live in Texas, I've never even seen nor heard of a Carl's Jr. Embarassed

I thank God every day that my kids have it as good as they do, ...a lot of hard work.

Anyway, nobody but insane people want war. I certainly don't want to see American or Russian kids/people at war/dying.

We aren't governments. We're just people.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed May 13, 2015 5:47 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

I congratulate you on having a successful family.  And I do mean it and not being rude.  Sorry if I was offensive.  Carls Jr is apparently an amazing burger joint down in the states and I know they have one in Kamloops BC, Canada.  Never been to one myself.

One can not make generalities about any culture although some cultures/societies are more prone to 'success' than others. Still and all in each culture there are those who work very hard, those who put out a reasonable effort and those who can't be bothered. There are those who keep abreast of news, both societal and political, those who are obsessed with one event and those who could care less until their world caves in on them. If you want to get a very clear view of your personal culture, leave for five or ten years, cut off virtually all contact with your culture for that time, then go home for a trip down nostalgia lane. It's an eye opener.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed May 13, 2015 5:56 am

auslander wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

One can not make generalities about any culture although some cultures/societies are more prone to 'success' than others. Still and all in each culture there are those who work very hard, those who put out a reasonable effort and those who can't be bothered. There are those who keep abreast of news, both societal and political, those who are obsessed with one event and those who could care less until their world caves in on them. If you want to get a very clear view of your personal culture, leave for five or ten years, cut off virtually all contact with your culture for that time, then go home for a trip down nostalgia lane. It's an eye opener.

People in general don't care. I know this from my experience here. What most people don't realise, and this goes for most Canadians such as myself, we live day to day, pay-cheque to pay-cheque. Most Canadians are debt ridden and poor, with a false sense of wealth (The American dream I suppose). Homes cost way too much, majority (and when I say majority, I mean majority) of jobs do not meet inflation in terms of pay so we get poorer every year, and average cost of living is ridiculous. Most Canadians don't make enough to live some glorified lifestyle, even though we portray we do. So in that essence, majority do not worry about what our government is doing in terms of externally, because most people are afraid of losing their jobs, and then not making ends meat. I am already at that period in my life as well, but I actually get my mind off of my worries by reading and talking away on these boards. From what I hear, a huge portion of America is no different either.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 5:58 am

auslander wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

You know, auslander, I have had the thought recently, that Americans in general, are isolated from the rest of the world.

I know there are Americans who are world travelers, but I am guessing that most aren't.

& some (how many I have no idea) Americans are even isolated from cultures different than theirs, in the USA.

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 6:07 am

sepheronx wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

People in general don't care.  I know this from my experience here.  What most people don't realise, and this goes for most Canadians such as myself, we live day to day, pay-cheque to pay-cheque.  Most Canadians are debt ridden and poor, with a false sense of wealth (The American dream I suppose).  Homes cost way too much, majority (and when I say majority, I mean majority) of jobs do not meet inflation in terms of pay so we get poorer every year, and average cost of living is ridiculous.  Most Canadians don't make enough to live some glorified lifestyle, even though we portray we do.  So in that essence, majority do not worry about what our government is doing in terms of externally, because most people are afraid of losing their jobs, and then not making ends meat.  I am already at that period in my life as well, but I actually get my mind off of my worries by reading and talking away on these boards.  From what I hear, a huge portion of America is no different either.

sepheronx, I understand everything you're saying.

I myself, have lived payday to payday. If I missed a payday, I would have been homeless. I was a single parent with 2 kids for 18 years. I worked, and paid rent and bills. I never owned a house. I did good to have a car. lol. Sometimes I didn't have a car. But I did have family support, "poor" as they were. I didn't even know what "generational poverty" was. but that was me. My G. Grandparents, Grandparents, parents, myself. My son was the first person in my family to have a college education. & he worked full-time, and went to school.

I believe there is more poverty in America than there was when I was a kid, and when I was rearing my kids. People live in houses that look worse than the ones in Eastern Ukraine. I live in a small town that has one paved road. All the rest of the roads are dirt.

I wish you the best...

P.S I post on fb about Ukraine, and have for a year. I have friends/family, who never post on any forum, who are sympathetic to Eastern Ukraine, and who pray for the situation and people.

Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on Wed May 13, 2015 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 am

"You know, auslander, I have had the thought recently, that Americans in general, are isolated from the rest of the world.

I know there are Americans who are world travelers, but I am guessing that most aren't.

& some (how many I have no idea) Americans are even isolated from cultures different than theirs, in the USA."

The isolation of Americans from world events in general is not a cultural foible per se, it comes from the safety in which they live. Disregarding terror attacks, America has not been attacked on her home ground by an enemy who could do serious damage for 200 years. Here, it is still amazing to speak to local residents who really have no clue as to what is causing that distant rumble of thunder they hear from the north. Yes, most have an inkling of what happened in this AO last year but now that that particular danger has past they have gone back to their daily lives, secure in the strength and security of the Fleet sitting in harbor. Most no longer wear their St. George, they don't go to museums or cultural events, they simply isolate themselves in their own world of work, family and local microcultures where they live.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed May 13, 2015 6:26 am

auslander wrote:"You know, auslander, I have had the thought recently, that Americans in general, are isolated from the rest of the world.

& some (how many I have no idea) Americans are even isolated from cultures different than theirs, in the USA."

The isolation of Americans from world events in general is not a cultural foible per se, it comes from the safety in which they live. Disregarding terror attacks, America has not been attacked on her home ground by an enemy who could do serious damage for 200 years. Here, it is still amazing to speak to local residents who really have no clue as to what is causing that distant rumble of thunder they hear from the north. Yes, most have an inkling of what happened in this AO last year but now that that particular danger has past they have gone back to their daily lives, secure in the strength and security of the Fleet sitting in harbor. Most no longer wear their St. George, they don't go to museums or cultural events, they simply isolate themselves in their own world of work, family and local microcultures where they live.

Yes. We haven't had a war in America since the Civil War, and no other major war except The Revolution and Indian Wars, not like Russia being attacked by Nazi Germany.

Also, media here sucks. You know something is wrong when you have to go to a forum, and twitter, and youtube to get information. & there are so many lies in media.

Also, when they did away with the draft, and went to a volunteer army. When there is no war news. I remember Viet Nam being broadcast on nightly news. That no longer happens.

Americans who went through The Great Depression and WW2 were not stupid.

I've said to myself, God help America when all the people of that generation are dead.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed May 13, 2015 7:12 am

I regard the pinnacle of American Culture as the mid 30's through the late 60's. Since then it has been a slow but steady decline with the odd period of resurgence. I doubt I'll live long enough, another 20 or so years, to see the end of USA as I knew it, but sadly the loss of America's place as a top culture and industrial power in the world will be gone. Most of the heavy industry is long gone, the culture is changing in to something I don't even recognize.

Agreed, God help USA when the Greatest Generation is gone.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:47 am