Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
Cowboy's daughter
Boshoed
Cyberspec
sepheronx
Big_Gazza
ult
Bolt
KiloGolf
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
coolieno99
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
sheytanelkebir
auslander
Fred333
Karl Haushofer
franco
flamming_python
GarryB
crod
cracker
BKP
Heartbeer
SturmGuard
wilhelm
Vann7
d_taddei2
PapaDragon
Regular
zenmonk
Morpheus Eberhardt
Airbornewolf
Zivo
zorobabel
Rodinazombie
Erk
Austin
Bidoul
Svyatoslavich
Cyrus the great
kvs
Dima
JohninMK
Kimppis
Solncepek
Monarchist
Siempre_Leal
cheesfactory
Werewolf
Godric
medo
par far
sweartome123
TheArmenian
zg18
whir
NationalRus
HeNeArKrXeRn_
ultron
magnumcromagnon
Stealthflanker
victor1985
iraqidabab
KoTeMoRe
macedonian
Walther von Oldenburg
George1
73 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

Post  Cyberspec Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:24 am

From the same guy...about the ongoing battle around the town of Al-Safira, where Daesh and Al-Sham and others (AQ groups) launched a coordinated atack to cut off the supply line for the forces pushing towards the besieged airbase at Deir-Zor.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 Untitled26-702x336

Apparently the attack was coordinated from Turkey....latest is that the attack has been repulsed after some initial success

Sources in d ground told me: #ISIS managed 2gather forces 4rm #Raqqa 2attack on East of Khanaser 2cut d main supply line into #Aleppo city +

#AQ #JN, from the west, attacked simultaneously, same day, same hour, the same main road on Khanaser to cut the road to #Aleppo +

There was no joint forces between #ISIS & #JN. However, d simultaneous attack, discovering d #SAA weakest side is a "coincidence"?

#JN #AQ attacked from Tal-Maragha,managed 2control it. #ISIS cut d (only) road2 #Aleppo leaving vital positions in d north. Great manoeuvre

Today, #Russia/n AF bombed both #JN #AQ and #ISIS (supposed to be Assad allies) in Khanaser on both side of the main #Aleppo road.

https://twitter.com/EjmAlrai/status/659055523036274688

Expect #Russia/n airstrikes too be much more brutal this week against key positions in #Syria. Can't give more details.
    https://twitter.com/EjmAlrai/status/659085301852340224

#ISIS is attacking Sfeiyra now which is considered "positive" in the eyes of #Russia. The ops room saying :"No need to worry". Let's see.

#SAA repelled the attack on Sfeiyra
    despite #ISIS huge attack today.

https://twitter.com/EjmAlrai/status/659085622779473920

#Turkey is cleverly coordinating attacks around south #Aleppo's Khanaser & in doing so preventing #Isis & #Nusra 4m confronting each other.

https://twitter.com/HalaJaber/status/658711032924381184

Supply dump blown up by RuAF - Quenitra region
    Vann7

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:54 am

If the cannibals rebels can communicate and coordinate by radio attacks in aleppo
    from TUrkey.. it clearly means that the whole Jamming thing have been taken out of
    proportions and Russia have done nothing to cut the terrorist communications at all.

SHuting down terrorist communications should be a high priority for Russia.. why they haven't
    done anything and Rebels continues to achieve organized offensives is the question of the million.

Why Russia have not destroyed the terrorist communications is the question ,after fully dominating their airspace. It should not be difficult to blockade radio antennas .
    HeNeArKrXeRn_
    HeNeArKrXeRn_

Post  HeNeArKrXeRn_ Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:56 am

About the alleged suicide of the 19yo aircraft technician, seems that his (alleged) girlfriend denies the suicide version

Details with link and translation:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/3qh7n7/dead_russian_soldiers_girlfriend_denies_that_he/

anyone from the RuNet got more details on this story? debunking or confirmation would be welcome

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:11 am

HeNeArKrXeRn_ wrote:About the alleged suicide of the 19yo aircraft technician, seems that his (alleged) girlfriend denies the suicide version

https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/3qh7n7/dead_russian_soldiers_girlfriend_denies_that_he/

anyone from the RuNet got more details on this story? debunking or confirmation would be welcome

If your gf killed yourself over you leaving her, would you tell "yeah, ofc she killed herself coz of me" or you would try to denie it Very Happy? I am actually curious Very Happy

And no, parents, ever, ever belive their son killed himself in army, friend of mine killed himself while on guard duty, apparently coz of loans he couldnt repay, his family sued army coz they "killed him", same story repeats everywhere and very often, i dont think there is much to "debunk" here to be honest.

I am not saying i am right, just saying its probably just expected state of denial by both family and his...gf....ex gf or whatever she is.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:36 am

Militarov wrote:
    HeNeArKrXeRn_ wrote:About the alleged suicide of the 19yo aircraft technician, seems that his (alleged) girlfriend denies the suicide version

If your gf killed yourself over you leaving her, would you tell "yeah, ofc she killed herself coz of me" or you would try to denie it Very Happy? I am actually curious Very Happy

And no, parents, ever, ever belive their son killed himself in army, friend of mine killed himself while on guard duty, apparently coz of loans he couldnt repay, his family sued army coz they "killed him", same story repeats everywhere and very often, i dont think there is much to "debunk" here to be honest.

I am not saying i am right, just saying its probably just expected state of denial by both family and his...gf....ex gf or whatever she is.

...And God forbid people ask these same questions about the 349 suicides in the U.S. armed forces in 2012, let's not even talk about the 6,500 suicides of veterans in the same year:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/01/us-military-suicide-epidemic-veteran
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:21 am

i juts hope they dont try to cover things up, be fucking open about it, it is war it is a military intervention and military action and soldiers die in war and in military action thats normal, thats what happens god forbid but what has to be expected.

if and only IF they start to cover up deaths by claiming wtf ever "suicide" or "accident" and it turns out it was a combat related death then a sh1tstorm is coming and they will undermine there credibility just be open about it then everybody understands that some kind of casualties can happen, everybody knows this is not a training exercise in syria.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:28 am

NationalRus wrote:i juts hope they dont try to cover things up, be fucking open about it, it is war it is a military intervention and military action and soldiers die in war and in military action thats normal, thats what happens god forbid but what has to be expected.

if and only IF they start to cover up deaths by claiming wtf ever "suicide" or "accident" and it turns out it was a combat related death then a sh1tstorm is coming and they will undermine there credibility just be open about it then everybody understands that some kind of casualties can happen, everybody knows this is not a training exercise in syria.

Too late to prevent a shitstorm, they still have to cover their asses for the 10 phantom Ka-52's shot down in Syria. Wink
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:32 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    NationalRus wrote:i juts hope they dont try to cover things up, be fucking open about it, it is war it is a military intervention and military action and soldiers die in war and in military action thats normal, thats what happens god forbid but what has to be expected.

Too late to prevent a shitstorm, they still have to cover their asses for the 10 phantom Ka-52's shot down in Syria. Wink

to prevent a shitstorm in russia!
    nobody is talking or caring about the western fucks, everybody in RUSSIA understands this is not training exercise in syria, everybody understands the reasons were are ther including the ~4.000 jihadis from CIS but dont destroy your own "great" credibility by starting to cover predictable SMALL casualties with BS storys

if needed play it down, dont be dramatic just if a very unluck shell lands were are advisors are and lets say 2 or 3 get killed the worst kind of reaction would be to claim traffic accident... nobody will buy that
    HeNeArKrXeRn_
    HeNeArKrXeRn_

Post  HeNeArKrXeRn_ Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:57 am

NationalRus wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

nobody is talking or caring about the western fucks, everybody in RUSSIA understands this is not training exercise in syria, everybody understands the reasons were are ther including the ~4.000 jihadis from CIS but dont destroy your own "great" credibility by starting to cover predictable SMALL casualties with BS storys

if needed play it down, dont be dramatic just if a very unluck shell lands were are advisors are and lets say 2 or 3 get killed the worst kind of reaction would be to claim traffic accident... nobody will buy that

I completely agree with you,

if it turns out that the suicide version is a cover up, that would be really disrespectful towards the soldier and his family.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 am

I got a question then: how can they know? Is both the parents and girlfriend in Syria at the time of his death? Besides him seeming to be fine, do they have evidence that the suicide story is wrong? Does she have other texts that say something else? Do they have evidence of his state of mind at the moment of his death?

To say he was fine and joking....is a joke in itself. People cry and whine all the time saying (when funnymen like Robbin Willians killed himself) "we didnt knoe! He seemed fine! Oh why didnt he say anything?"
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:01 am

NationalRus wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

And what makes you think they are playing this down? What if he ACTUALLY killed himself over the cunt?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:04 am

NationalRus wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

He was member of a ground crew in the middle of a highly secure airbase, there is no way it was combat related.

Since this is Russia of course we will hear endless conspiracy BS comming from everywhere, it is unavoidable.

Vultures did not wait one second to start mind-raping his parents though, journalists are classy and dignified as usual I see...

Suicide is definitely most plausible explanation, remember there are several thousand people in that base, there is no way to hide anything fishy.

Keep in mind that the kid was only 19 years old, hell I teach kids his age and trust me when I tell you that being old enough to drive or join the army does not mean that you are miraculously not a child anymore.

Two thing we learned from this event:

1) All journalists in existence should be forced to dig their own graves and fill them ASAP.

2) Do not put the pussy on the pedestal 'cause there is way more than one of them out there.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 am

sepheronx wrote:
    NationalRus wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

And what makes you think they are playing this down? What if he ACTUALLY killed himself over the cunt?

nothing, yet.

i said i hope they wont if it actually happens, i didnt claim they already did, and i hope what they say its true. they have the population on board, the reasons are clair the danger is clear but they will only shot themselves in the foot in the eyes of the public who are totally behind them if they get caught in a lie about soldiers death's

i didnt talked about this specific soldier if nobody got it, we all understand the risks and what the military does sometimes if something happens seen as unfavorable information, no need to lie if the people have your backs

Last edited by NationalRus on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:08 am; edited 2 times in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 Web_full_185534651670
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:08 am

Papa got it right. A technician not on frontline, in middle of a base of hundreds if not thousands of people and 1 guy dead from supposedly hanging himself. Sounds like combat fatality to me. Rolling Eyes
    ultron

Post  ultron Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:13 am

Woohoo. More than 1,000 infrastructure targets destroyed so far. About 10,000 left. They should concentrate on western Syria particularly Idlib, Latakia, Homs, Hama for now and don't bother with ISIS. Let Americans get bogged down there Cool
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:59 am

ultron wrote:Woohoo. More than 1,000 infrastructure targets destroyed so far. About 10,000 left. They should concentrate on western Syria particularly Idlib, Latakia, Homs, Hama for now and don't bother with ISIS. Let Americans get bogged down there Cool

there have been worse rates than this. Remember that in 1999 NATO bombardment of Yugoslavia, NATO claimed for months that had destroyed 50% of Yugoslavian tanks in Kosovo. When Yugoslavian Army withdraw, there were found only 12 tanks destroyed. The rest that NATO claimed had destroyed were decoys... lol1
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 am

The the head of Russia’s parliamentary committee on foreign affairs Konstantin Kosachev ,told recently there have been Big discussion in Russia parliament to send ground troops to speed the process of recapturing Syria lost territory to ISIS faster.

https://www.rt.com/news/319907-us-syria-unpredictable-consequences/

Possibly if they don't see major improvements and the campaign too slow and/or Syrian
    Army taking too much casualties or IRAN trying to influence the political outcome too much
    against their interest of a full secular free Syria they could start sending a small force of 5,000
    soldiers for example. With T-90 and T-73B3 tanks.. and Russian artillery.  

The Syrian army seriously lack of decent tanks ,fast mobile artillery and infantry armored units. that could counter the terrorist fast mobility . They mostly use civilian cars for mobility and very old outdated tanks. Im sure that had Russia army deploys in Syria to capture IDLIB
    or Aleppo.. they will liberate it in couple days with all the weapons they have..not yet used in the conflict. and more important than anything Russia to finally seal the border with Turkey
    and cut the terrorist supply route.

The Russian Army will not need to fight door by door and its role could be just to break inside
    the cities and destroy any mobility and heavy weapons of the terrorist. and force them to go on the hide inside cities.

Even though it will be nice if Russia can do it all with their small airforce... unfortunately that will allow the terrorist to retreat. Cities needs to be encircled and cut off so no one escape.
    Im more worried now for IRAQ.. because im sure the Americans if they notice will lose
    Syria will retaliate IRAQ.

meanwhile..

Ukrainian radicals in NATO uniforms destroyed in Syria

http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2015/10/ukrainian-radicals-in-nato-uniforms.html

whir

Post  whir Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:25 am

sepheronx wrote:

I got a question then: how can they know? Is both the parents and girlfriend in Syria at the time of his death? Besides him seeming to be fine, do they have evidence that the suicide story is wrong? Does she have other texts that say something else? Do they have evidence of his state of mind at the moment of his death?

To say he was fine and joking....is a joke in itself.  People cry and whine all the time saying (when funnymen like Robbin Willians killed himself) "we didnt knoe! He seemed fine! Oh why didnt he say anything?"
    Have you hear the idiom "to have a hunch"? It's normal for them to be in denial because both his family and his girlfriend believe they knew him better than anyone else and that if he was so desperate he would have spoken with them because they probably think they could have helped. People that commit suicide most of the time are ruminants and they keep their thoughts for themselves instead of trying to get attention by extorting others saying out and loud they're going to kill themselves.

And if Ru MoD wants to make things worse then handle the family a butchered body, a sealed coffin or both because that's the type of things that hurts the most.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:25 am

Being inherently cynical, perhaps we will see Russian boots on the ground when Moscow decides that Russian land based equipment, like tanks, APC, IFC, trucks etc needs a sales boost. Getting political cover will be no problem but, like the RuAF, only in sufficient numbers to prove their ability. No bank busting expenditure like the US/NATO.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:04 am

Russian convoy in Latakia

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeSNTUcAAkZ3_

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeSRvUEAA7uYJ

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeSYEUAAAkmI-

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeR_TUAAAkCqC

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeBkkUAAA3Ez0

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeBWhUcAEk1I8

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeBkwUYAQ8CIv

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 2 CSYeBtfUkAA1MpM
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 am

Buahaha.. confirmation of the effectiveness of Russian airstrike..

Some terrorist uploaded a report Someone blew up their
    ammunition storage warehouse.  ops!    Who could have done it ?
    It was Alah who did it..   Cool

https://www.facebook.com/syria24english/photos/a.298390980196691.60683.298382103530912/929498940419222/?type=3

that remember me this..

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:29 am

zg18 wrote:Russian convoy in Latakia

That looks like a MSTA-B. First one I see in Syria.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Russia have an overwhelming artillery power.. more than US and Europe combined.
    according to Global Fire Power Russia artillery/rocket forces/missile forces close to 3x times
    the size of US army. Close to 15,000 artillery hardware. US army have close to 5,000. So Russia could easily deploy 200 to 300 artillery pieces and truly cover a huge area size of a small city and literary blow up every inch of territory.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:29 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    zg18 wrote:Russian convoy in Latakia

That looks like a MSTA-B. First one I see in Syria.

Yeah MSTA-B. Probably coz Syrians do not operate them at all Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:10 pm