Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
sheytanelkebir
DerWolf
Cyrus the great
ExBeobachter1987
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
Akula971
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Dima
Werewolf
George1
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Solncepek
short_fuze
JohninMK
ult
PapaDragon
Vann7
Backinblack
KiloGolf
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Zivo
iraqidabab
par far
sepheronx
Siempre_Leal
JohnSnow
auslander
BKP
Pirey
wilhelm
Max Italy
Bidoul
Boshoed
Bolt
headshot69
VladimirSahin
kvs
Airbornewolf
Regular
jhelb
sweartome123
whir
mack8
Fred333
Captain Nemo
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
zorobabel
Neutrality
Khepesh
Godric
Stealthflanker
SturmGuard
ultron
Karl Haushofer
arpakola
Erk
Acheron
zg18
max steel
Kadmos45
Rmf
Odin of Ossetia
fragmachine
Rodinazombie
76 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:20 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Claims by Elijah that Russia is supplying the SAA with Shtora equipped T-72's....apparently independent of the T-90's seen in Syria

#Exclusive #Russia delive2r #SAA new T-72 eqpd w TShU-1-7 Shtora1 optronic counter measures system 2disrupt the laser target & incoming ATGM
    https://twitter.com/EjmAlrai/status/670562417936613376

There is no sense in putting Shtora on a T 72. It hasnt been done till now - we saw Debaltsevo. My guess is - they saw the T90A and they remembered how the turret looks like that of the T72B(?) and confused the two. I am amazed he didnt say it was a 'fully automatic AK 47"

Serbians did just that. But I agree this is just smoke and mirrors.

Actually Serbians placed it on M84A as full package modernisation that was dubbed M2001 later M84AS, there is more than 1000 construction improvements on M84s compared to T72M. Original T72Ms are for long time in reserve now, except 12 i belive that are used for initial tank crew training. My father worked on that project back in early 80s, i mean original M84 not AS.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 M8ftdy
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:28 am

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Claims by Elijah that Russia is supplying the SAA with Shtora equipped T-72's....apparently independent of the T-90's seen in Syria

#Exclusive #Russia delive2r #SAA new T-72 eqpd w TShU-1-7 Shtora1 optronic counter measures system 2disrupt the laser target & incoming ATGM

There is no sense in putting Shtora on a T 72. It hasnt been done till now - we saw Debaltsevo. My guess is - they saw the T90A and they remembered how the turret looks like that of the T72B(?) and confused the two. I am amazed he didnt say it was a 'fully automatic AK 47"

Actually Serbians placed it on M84A as full package modernisation that was dubbed M2001 later M84AS, there is more than 1000 construction improvements on M84s compared to T72M. Original T72Ms are for long time in reserve now, except 12 i belive that are used for initial tank crew training. My father worked on that project back in early 80s, i mean original M84 not AS.

Didn't you tested the feasability of it with a garage'd Shtora, or have I been lied to? People have told me that the basic testing was done with a barely modified tank and that you were lso proposed Drozd 2 but didn't wanted to alter the m84 turret.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:41 am

Russians monitoring the illegal passage of turkish trucks into Syria
    The Turks have effectively annexed the place...

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:45 am

KiloGolf wrote:Russians monitoring the illegal passage of turkish trucks into Syria
    The Turks have effectively annexed the place...

It's been like that almost from the beggining...at least now they're getting hit for the first time
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:49 am

A trip down memory lane...

Young #Erdogan at the feet of Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, a man on the UN terrorist blacklist
    https://twitter.com/marcelsardo/status/670671478115999744

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 CU60Ff_WIAA5BX2
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 CU60FJiWUAAzoR8

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:55 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:

Didn't you tested the feasability of it with a garage'd Shtora, or have I been lied to? People have told me that the basic testing was done with a barely modified tank and that you were lso proposed Drozd 2 but didn't wanted to alter the m84 turret.

Not sure what you mean by garaged Shtora. From what i am aware what today you can see as M84AS prototype is actually modified M84A, about Drozd-2 i am not sure, but i dont find it very likely.

Yugoimport SDPR made its own separate from M84AS, private funded proposed T72M modernisation, designation of which i do not know from the head but i can find if you are interested which does not have Shtora-1.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 Slika-3_18

There are tho rumons that some of the equipment that was used for presentations of M84AS was borrowed from Russia/Belarus and later returned.

Here you can find "more" about it: http://www.yugoimport.com/cir/proizvodi/t-72-main-battle-tank-upgrade-package
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:15 am

Thx friend.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:16 am

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:

M84 is an entirely different tank. And M84AS is comparable to the T90 in terms of capability. I heard the Serbians were making a tank analogous to the Armata. Never got more on that except it was tested once and some pictures (drawings).

I keep on seeing videos of FSA using T55s with some box type range finder (any intel on what those are ? who made them ?). Hit and run tactics x 1000. Does the SAA lack ATGMs or what ??

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:30 am

Akula971 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:

M84 is an entirely different tank. And M84AS is comparable to the T90 in terms of capability. I heard the Serbians were making a tank analogous to the Armata. Never got more on that except it was tested once and some pictures (drawings).

I keep on seeing videos of FSA using T55s with some box type range finder (any intel on what those are ? who made them ?). Hit and run tactics x 1000. Does the SAA lack ATGMs or what ??

Not really entirely different from T72M but with great number of improvements and changes compared to original version delivered by the USSR at the time and documentation obtained, changes are very significant especially when you look at M84A.

Ah, that story about new Serbian tank is however a hoax, some journalists picked story and few nice renders from local military forum and made up basically story on it about "new" Serbian tank being developed by the group of engineers and students.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 Dru-tenk

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 Dru-A_620x0

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 1024454468

Even Sputnik fell for it, naturally citating Serbian media: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150710/1024464826.html

KDT-2 rangefinder maybe? Produced by BELOMO (Minsk Mechanical Plant)

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 4

North Korea also has own variant, which they sold to Syria too.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 Attachment
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:53 am

Wait what? Syria has some Nork M84s just sitting around?!

EDIT: @Akula http://www.nknews.org/2014/12/n-korean-upgraded-tanks-still-in-use-in-syrian-civil-war/

Apparently North Korean laser RF on those T-55s.

EDIT 2: Ignore my stupidity. Rolling Eyes

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:09 am

OminousSpudd wrote:Wait what? Syria has some Nork M84s just sitting around?!

EDIT: @Akula http://www.nknews.org/2014/12/n-korean-upgraded-tanks-still-in-use-in-syrian-civil-war/

Those with NK rangefinders are the most common after base T55As. They were updated coz USSR offered AM modernisation that was very expencive. There is also somewhat around 200 T55MVs being updated in Ukraine.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:53 am

OminousSpudd wrote:Wait what? Syria has some Nork M84s just sitting around?!

Thanks to you and Milatrov for the intel.

I guess FSA captured those tanks and now use them against the Syrian forces.

EDIT :

I dont really know who this is (If anyone can give me a list of organisations by flags, it would help a lot), seen this tank many times:
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 T5510

SAA forces:
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 T55_sa10

Well too bad. I heard India was going to make its own version of the Armata but that should be bs too.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:29 am

In short, a Turk businessmen donated his profits to the family of killed Russian pilot.

Indeed this is a good act. It softened the pain for the family and cooled the atmosphere between Turk and Russia.

https://www.rt.com/news/323854-turkish-business-profits-su24-pilot/
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 am

It is true that the Turkey nationals who murder the Russian pilot

this thug..
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 -_477

was killed by Russian airforce? (cant read russian)

http://voenkor.info/content/10350

What evidence there is.. he was killed?
    Unless it was done by Russian special forces and personally witness it..and take
    photos of his body.. it could be all a planted fabrication by Turkey Government
    so Russia no longer seeks its extradition to Russia for crimes.. anyone have
    any Info?

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:19 am

Vann7 wrote:

this thug..

was killed by Russian airforce?  (cant read russian)

Unless it was done by Russian special forces and personally witness it..and take
    any Info?

Unless proven otherwise, it is accepted that, in the events that followed the downing of the aircraft, Russia and allied forces (Syria, Iran, Hezbollah, ...) eliminated all the terrorist forces in the area, including the Turkish clandestine grouping in the region. Apparently, this has also been stated by the Iranians.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:08 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

Unless proven otherwise, it is accepted that, in the events that followed the downing of the aircraft, Russia and allied forces (Syria, Iran, Hezbollah, ...) eliminated all the terrorist forces in the area, including the Turkish clandestine grouping in the region. Apparently, this has also been stated by the Iranians.

But the proof have to come from the RUssian side..

Because the place were the Russian pilot was killed was a forest..with huge mountains and lands,
    caves.and millions of places to hide. They could also move/retreat inside Turkey territory to avoid being bombed.

So this is why im asking if anyone in this forums ,knows more concrete evidence.. about the death of that turkie national? like the pilot ,could be confirmed by videos.. but there is no released photos or videos of that terrorist dead. that im aware... anyone knows?
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:58 am

The Turks claimed that they have the body of the killed pilot and they promised to sent the dead pilot back to Russia ASAP.

The Russian embassy confirmed the date of the transfer will be set on Sunday.

https://www.rt.com/news/323862-turkey-pilot-body-russia/
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 pm

The shooting incident's effect has reached Hellenic State...

https://www.rt.com/news/323861-turkey-greek-airspace-violations/

Turkish warplanes abruptly ceased violating Greek airspace after downing a Russian Sukhoi Su-24 bomber on November 24. Previously, air intrusions made by Turkish fighter jets took place on a daily basis and amounted to thousands a year.

The data comes from a diplomatic source in Athens, cited by RIA Novosti.

The last time Turkish warplanes were spotted in Greek airspace was on November 25, when six jets, two of them carrying weapons, entered the neighbor’s aerial domain.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Vann7 wrote:

this thug..

any Info?

If that assole was killed good. And there is a fair chance he got killed in the airstrikes and artillery attack that Russia/Syrian military carried out in the area after the 2nd pilot was rescued.
    But it would be better to see the body. I too felt there may be a possiblity that Jihadists are posting their commanders as killed, on the behest of the commanders themselfs, so as for those commanders to escape and melt away with the civilians. Hope I'm wrong!!!
    I just want to see all the top terrorists commanders getting killed at the earliest.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Dima wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

this thug..

any Info?

If that assole was killed good. And there is a fair chance he got killed in the airstrikes and artillery attack that Russia/Syrian military carried out in the area after the 2nd pilot was rescued.
    But it would be better to see the body. I too felt there may be a possiblity that Jihadists are posting their commanders as killed, on the behest of the commanders themselfs, so as for those commanders to escape and melt away with the civilians. Hope I'm wrong!!!
    I just want to see all the top terrorists commanders getting killed at the earliest.

But the Top terrorist commanders sit in Washington and Turkey's Parliament :DD

BURN IN HELL PIDORAS. russia russia russia attack
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

But the proof have to come from the RUssian side..

Even under circumstances that the Russians may be inclined towards "providing proofs", they don't go out of their way to "provide proofs" for the sake of some internet warriors' ideas about a "proof".

Also, look how long it took for them to provide any data on the elimination of Basayev, for example. So do you think Basayev is still alive? There are infinitely long list of other examples like this. I can't go through an infinitely long list.

Can you instead please give a few more examples proving the point I am making here?

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Akula971 wrote:But the Top terrorist commanders sit in Washington and Turkey's Parliament :DD

Ok lets for now change it to field commanders then. Very Happy
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Dima wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:But the Top terrorist commanders sit in Washington and Turkey's Parliament :DD

Akula missed out Saudi Arabia and Westminster
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Godric wrote:
    Dima wrote:

Akula missed out Saudi Arabia and Westminster

I did, i am sorry. Its a huge list if you start naming everyone involved :DD

russia russia russia russia attack

Also this :

Seeing the aftermath of the region where the Su 24 went down,

"Whoever hurts us won't live three days ."

Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Russia Awards Syrian Special Forces for Saving Su-24 Co-Pilot

Syrian soldiers received medals for "Strengthening Comradeship-in-Arms," an award given to foreign citizens for military cooperation and assistance with the Russian Army, according to photos published by Syrian journalist Hassan Ridha.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151129/1030944510/syrian-special-forces-russia-award-su-24.html

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 CUvKrlYU8AA2O6n

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 CU4zA-DVEAARd1f

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 7 CU4zA-SUEAA_lII

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:02 am