Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
sheytanelkebir
DerWolf
Cyrus the great
ExBeobachter1987
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
Akula971
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Dima
Werewolf
George1
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Solncepek
short_fuze
JohninMK
ult
PapaDragon
Vann7
Backinblack
KiloGolf
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Zivo
iraqidabab
par far
sepheronx
Siempre_Leal
JohnSnow
auslander
BKP
Pirey
wilhelm
Max Italy
Bidoul
Boshoed
Bolt
headshot69
VladimirSahin
kvs
Airbornewolf
Regular
jhelb
sweartome123
whir
mack8
Fred333
Captain Nemo
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
zorobabel
Neutrality
Khepesh
Godric
Stealthflanker
SturmGuard
ultron
Karl Haushofer
arpakola
Erk
Acheron
zg18
max steel
Kadmos45
Rmf
Odin of Ossetia
fragmachine
Rodinazombie
76 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Dima
    Dima

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  Dima Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 8 CU-1XR1UEAAzhvY

Rook ‏@2Rook14 46 minutes ago

#Turkey: PHOTO: The body of Su-24 Pilot Oleg Peshkov being boarded on Turkish transport plane. #Russia
    BKP
    BKP

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  BKP Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:41 pm

RUSSIAN TROOPS REPORTED IN COMBAT NEAR LATAKIA AND ALEPPO
    Original posted by military-informant.com; translated from Russian by J.Hawk

http://southfront.org/russian-ground-troops-reported-in-battle-in-syria/

These rumors are persistent. I found this part at the end interesting:
    J .Hawk wrote:No way to tell yet whether the reports are true, but it is more likely than not that Russian ground units are participating in the fighting. Certainly the pictures of T-90 MBTs on flatbed trailers, which they would use in the event of lengthy marches rather than in security operations in direct vicinity of Khmeimim airbase, suggest the Russian ground component is no longer confined to the environs of Russian naval and air facilities in Syria. This development would be consistent with preparations reported in the weekly Russia Military Map status updates and the fact that the Syrian army is averse to conducting shock action assaults which reduces the effects of the Russian air/artillery bombardment. One or a few reinforced battalion battlegroups could operate as the “extraordinary force” on selected sectors of the front and have an effect on the overall situation out of all proportion to their numbers (and in fact we have seen something similar during the winter 2014/15 fighting on the Donbass), whereas the Syrian army, the “ordinary force”, would hold territory, conduct defensive operations, and create conditions suitable for the employment of Russian shock units.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

Can you instead please give a few more examples proving the point I am making here?

Im only asking for a simple photo or video of the dead body of the Turkey Thug.. is that is too much to ask ?

The recovery of the RUssian pilot body by Turkey suggest a different story..
    You know that dead people cannot return alone to Ankara..where his body is now. and the only people who could have rescue his dead body after they kill him are the same killers. SO it suggest the whole story of the Murders of the pilot killed.. cannot be true.. or not accurate.
    And the news only is about Russia bombing heavily the zone where the plane crashed but not
    necessarily means it was the same terrorist group that captured the pilot body that was far from the crashed plane.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:39 pm

I would like to use this opportunity to express my gratitude to our dark lord and master Vladimir79 for finally shutting down that septic tank tread. respekt

This is why he is the boss. thumbsup russia
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Is Russia Building Up Air Defense Shield All Over Syria?

Russia is actually building an all-over air defense zone in Syria, according to Russian Zvezda TV channel. The Hmeymim air base, Russian jets and also pilots will be protected by the most advanced Russian weapons.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151129/1030956724/russia-missile-defense-syria.html

An S-400 air defence missile system is deployed for a combat duty at the Hmeymim airbase to provide security of the Russian air group's flights in Syria

After a Turkish jet shot down a Russian Su-24 bomber over Syria, the Russian Defense Minister reported to President Vladimir Putin that the air defense system around the base needed to be enhanced.

The president said approved the move and 24 hours later an S-400 missile defense system was deployed to the Hmeymim base.

The S-400, an upgrade of the S-300 Growler family, is a new-generation anti-aircraft defense system operated solely by the Russian military. It knows no equals in the world, including the US-made Patriot system.

The S-400 ensures air defense using long- and medium-range missiles that can hit aerial targets at ranges of up to 400 kilometers. It is also can hit ground and sea targets.

The system is not only versatile but also very mobile. It has a mobile deployment time of 15 minutes, and a stand-by deployment time of only 15 seconds.

Meanwhile, the Russian Air Force task unit continues to carry out airstrikes against Islamic State (ISIL) positions in Syria. Russian jets are conducting up to 80 sorties a day.

Russia plans to build up its anti-ISIL offensive in Syria. New Su-27 and Su-30 jets are expected to be deployed to the Hmeymim base in the near future. Russian pilots will also be equipped with advanced electronic warfare devices.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    I would like to use this opportunity to express my gratitude to our dark lord and master Vladimir79 for finally shutting down that septic tank tread. respekt

Internet Hero status.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Payback Time: Russian Sanctions to ‘Hurt Turkey Badly’

Russian economic sanctions imposed against Turkey would have a devastating effect on the Turkish economy, Ben Aris, editor-in-chief of the Business New Europe magazine, told Radio Sputnik.

http://sputniknews.com/business/20151129/1030955159/russia-sanctions-turkey-economy.html

Turkey is one of Russia's leading trade partners and the economies of the two countries are intimately integrated.

First of all, Turkey would suffer from the lack of Russian tourists, who bring in about $6.5-billion a year.

Second of all, Turkish companies are heavily invested in Russia, particularly in the construction industry. In addition, trade, investment and employment will all be affected by sanctions.

"They [Russian sanctions] can hurt Turkey badly," Aris told Radio Sputnik.

The Turkish government didn't expect that Russia would take the downing of its Su-24 plane so seriously and impose such harsh measures against Turkey, Aris added.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan already said he doesn't want any further escalation, especially a military escalation, between Russia and Turkey, the political expert said.

"I think he [Erdogan] was hoping to get Putin to the negotiating table and start talking about who's bombing who and who's protecting who, but actually these things have run out of control now," Aris told Sputnik.

The move comes as Russia started to question Ankara's commitment to the fight against terrorism following the downing of a Russian Su-24 bomber on Tuesday by the Turkish Air Force over Syria.

Russian travel agencies will have to stop selling tours to Turkey, according to the Kremlin. The directive is part of a decree that aims to boost Russia's national security.

Earlier, the Russian Foreign Ministry stated that the incident would negatively affect all aspects of relations between Moscow and Ankara and recommended Russians to refrain from visiting Turkey. Cooperation in the tourism industry between Moscow and Ankara may be stopped, the Russian Federal Tourism Agency said.  
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Dima wrote:

Rook ‏@2Rook14 46 minutes ago

#Turkey: PHOTO: The body of Su-24 Pilot Oleg Peshkov being boarded on Turkish transport plane. #Russia
    Looks like at local level they are treating him properly.

Last edited by JohninMK on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:47 pm

I was gonna add a comment to that article till I decided to wait till it is posted here.

Essentially, having both the S-400 and S-300F so close to each other makes it redundant.  I imagine the Moskva will stay put and the S-400 will eventually move to another location to cover more airspace.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:49 pm

From freakin' Forbes of all places... Suspect

Contains usual Ebil Russia BS but rest of it is high quality... too lazy to paste the whole thing, three pages, too much hassle and clicks...  Sleep

Turkey Downs Russian Plane, Joins With Islamic State: U.S. Should Drop New Ottoman Empire As Ally

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow/2015/11/25/turkey-downs-russian-plane-joins-with-islamic-state-u-s-should-drop-new-ottoman-empire-as-ally/

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:53 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Internet Hero status.

Yup and I would also like to nominate Sepheronx, Auslander, Khepesh and FlamingPython as a new mods..

We definitely need some more people babysitting us here because, let's face it, we are a bunch of rebel-rousin' no-goodniks...Cool
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:29 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    :  
    I.

Yup and I would also like to nominate Sepheronx, Auslander, Khepesh and FlamingPython as a new mods..

not me ? Neutral

Obama approves $800m funding for terrorist groups in Syria and Ukraine
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 pm

I wonder what that $800M will get them, as well how it will be divided up (also mentions guantanamo in the article). So I assume this measly amount wont do anything but be wastes. Ukraines debt is in the tens of billions and equipment isnt a problem (well, except for the outdated crap that the US and brits sent).

As for Syrian "moderates", it will jist mean more weapons sent via Jordan, Turkey, Qatar, Saudia Arabia, etc. So a lot of it will be "lost" through middlemen and transportation.

But it is concerning how such information can get passed so freely and none of the people involved ever gets questioned or threatened to be ousted.

Wasnt Obama's one main campaign trail was closing Guantanamo and stopping terrorism? Shouldnt the Obama voters be terribly mad at him and taking to the streets? Or are the street paraders who change governments like they change their underwear are all paid provocators (rhetorical question)?

This should all be enough evidence of the villianus work of the west to everyone.  But werewolf is right, people are far too gone in both complacency and ignorance for any change at all.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51 pm

The folks at Balancer have noticed the Su-25's have pylons for R-73 AAM's. Not sure if that is standard or not?
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 8 12-4007674-bezymyannyj2
    ultron

Post  ultron Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51 pm

Does anyone know when Mi-28 would be deployed to Syria?
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm sure its just stuffing, but a lot of chat on the networks that Turkish 1st Army is now mostly mobilised and reinforced and massed on the border poised to possibly attack in the direction Latakia. I cannot believe this as I am sure if Turkey made a serious incursion it would be much further east, but since maidan we live in "interesting times" and hardly anything surprises me now....
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Turkey stopped violating Greek airspace after Russian Su-24 downing - Athens source
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Khepesh wrote:I'm sure its just stuffing, but a lot of chat on the networks that Turkish 1st Army is now mostly mobilised and reinforced and massed on the border poised to possibly attack in the direction Latakia. I cannot believe this as I am sure if Turkey made a serious incursion it would be much further east, but since maidan we live in "interesting times" and hardly anything surprises me now....
    If that happens there could be a few cruise missiles taking a short cut from the Black Sea into that area of Syria blunting the attack.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Internet Hero status.

A moment of silence for the many braincells that were destroyed in the fight against Erdogan's government paid employees... Right, moments gone, continue as we were. Cool
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Khepesh wrote:I'm sure its just stuffing, but a lot of chat on the networks that Turkish 1st Army is now mostly mobilised and reinforced and massed on the border poised to possibly attack in the direction Latakia. I cannot believe this as I am sure if Turkey made a serious incursion it would be much further east, but since maidan we live in "interesting times" and hardly anything surprises me now....

Which networks specifically? Turkish military networks? Okay let's assume he does this. What will be Erdogan's justification for this? I'm talking about the official justification not the real one that people like us are aware of. He's going to get fried at the UN. Remind me again, how did the world react to Turkish invasion of Cyprus?

EDIT: Upon further thinking Erdogan's justification is quite simple. He's going to push the "protecting Turkmen" card.

Last edited by Neutrality on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:19 pm

If these 'networks' are so open, I imagine Assad is working out a plan to deal with thid, through Iran and Russia.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:23 pm

If Sukhoi can carry AAMs then F-16 can also carry jamming pod and while big fighter can potentially carry more powerful jamming pod , fighter with lower radar cross section will benefit more from jamming so it isn't a clear cut fight for Russia?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:29 pm

It's actually a battalion, not from 1st army but QRF Ankara.

They're nothing, I'd wager they're at a disadvantage against the Russian group there. On a limited skirmish, the Turks can bleed very fast the 100 or so AFV's they'd try and infiltrate around Azzaz and Rehanli to push back Kurds and Russian 'advisors'. The issue is Kesab, because while the Russians can pound the shit out of any attempt there, the Turks can receive short notice air support and hit deep enough without getting in the open. However as soon as Sabras and M60's get in range inbound Syria, I believe Tu 160's are already popping out X's and Y's direction Kesab. So for any attempt the Turks need to pull a diversion in Kesab or Rehanli AND put a whole division around Aleppo.

This however has to be done by night so they can have at least 12/18 hours headstart for plausible deniability. If that fails, so If Turks get stuck somewhere around Azzaz by Unknown Jets, then the dawn gets them filmed with their pants down in plain sight. It will be difficult to say fuck it. Plus Israel needs only that to back stab shitbag Erdogan. So there's no chance, in hell that asshat tries that (althoug he has done it at least once with a battaltion level force around Kesab).

The moment people see Turkey stuck in the cookie jar, apocalyptic pain happens. And before NATO can do anything you have hundreds of coffins set up for Turkish mothers. That's exactly why Russia came.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Have a persistent feeling that something big is going to happen soon.
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:31 pm

max steel wrote:Turkey stopped violating Greek airspace after Russian Su-24 downing - Athens source

So they can use the NATO card without giving Greece too many opportunities to say Turkey recently violated their airspace.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:44 am