Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
mnrck
GunshipDemocracy
OminousSpudd
psg
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
teh_beard
jhelb
RTN
Maximmmm
LMFS
Azi
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
hoom
Rasisuki Nebia
zepia
Ispan
GarryB
Hannibal Barca
lancelot
x_54_u43
zorobabel
mnztr
Lurk83
thegopnik
PapaDragon
limb
Ghoster
Big_Gazza
Krepost
Finty
Autodestruct
PhSt
andalusia
Singular_Transform
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
Urluber
mack8
d_taddei2
miketheterrible
billybatts91
Broski
Firebird
Regular
bitcointrader70
nomadski
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
Kriva
par far
VARGR198
auslander
Atmosphere
Vann7
Hole
rigoletto
franco
SeigSoloyvov
flamming_python
owais.usmani
Backman
EkErilaz
caveat emptor
kvs
George1
Sujoy
Arkanghelsk
Isos
The Ottoman
ATLASCUB
lyle6
Karl Haushofer
ALAMO
Cheetah
magnumcromagnon
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:01 pm

Urluber wrote:Keep calm.
    West is in full info-war and it is their target to get pro-Russians questioning the ability of Russian leadership to handle this.

Moscow may have done small tactical error with winding down the operation last night due to expecting negotiations. Kiovans, and westerners alike, took advantage of this, regrouped and are now doing what they can.

It should be Ukrs on tv , not Russians , this is beyond info war, and has nothing to do with western psyops

It has to do with MOD announcement of how the Americans are coordinating the Ukrs, and now vids and images of guys dead and vehicles burning

Yes in war there is death, but these Ukrs are the enemy , they are not brotherly people , that nation must weep and cry many nights, the spirit of Bandera must be exorcised and they should ponder their lives for the next decades

bitch_killer and Urluber like this post

Broski
    Broski

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Post  Broski Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:04 pm

I have to shake my head at the bloodthirsty commenters here frothing at the mouth because Russia isn't bombing the Ukraine down to the last brick. The people here screaming "it's been 2 days already why is it taking so long" and screeching at every little provocation the western muppets throw at Russia would've long succumbed to the kind of pressure Putin has been put under for 22 years.

GarryB, markgreven, flamming_python, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Ispan and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:04 pm

I agree to an extent but gotta keep calm. Whoever is in charge of this will have to be relieved and someone else takes over. Also, they need to work ok their soft power more as it's total shit (only Russians shown not Ukrainians).

It will be tough now and russias soft policy has to now come down and tough policy take over.

Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:06 pm

https://www.rt.com/russia/550698-medvedev-russia-sanctions-opinion/

Western sanctions could be an “excellent reason for a final review” of Russia’s relations with the nations that have imposed the restrictions, the deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council and former president, Dmitry Medvedev, said on Saturday.

So why even join council of europe

GarryB and LMFS like this post

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:06 pm

Ukraine's Army hardly has any professional. Russian convoys are being targeted by those U.S, U.K operatives embedded with the Ukranian ground force.

Russia should have first bombed the daylight out of Ukraine before sending in the ground forces. BIG MISTAKE on the part of Putin.

owais.usmani, bitch_killer and Arkanghelsk like this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Because that was before, this is now.

jhelb wrote:Ukraine's Army hardly has any professional. Russian convoys are being targeted by those U.S, U.K operatives embedded with the Ukranian ground force.

Russia should have first bombed the daylight out of Ukraine before sending in the ground forces. BIG MISTAKE on the part of Putin.

This is on part of the MOD who didn't want to harm civilians.

This will be the price. There will be dead Russians. Some transport convoys will get hit. Some people will die. The question will be, is it worth trying to prevent as much as possible the death of civilians while your enemy doesn't care, so at the expense of your own lives? Or carpet bomb the area and move on?

Last edited by miketheterrible on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:09 pm

Putin said if anyone interfered they would see retribution like they have never seen in their lives

Well, time is now for fire and fury
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:10 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Putin said if anyone interfered they would see retribution like they have never seen in their lives

Well, time is now for fire and fury

They should indeed be shooting down US drones. Iran does it with old soviet gear. Russia should do it.

Big_Gazza, kvs and Urluber like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:13 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Because that was before, this is now.

jhelb wrote:Ukraine's Army hardly has any professional. Russian convoys are being targeted by those U.S, U.K operatives embedded with the Ukranian ground force.

This will be the price. There will be dead Russians. Some transport convoys will get hit. Some people will die. The question will be, is it worth trying to prevent as much as possible the death of civilians while your enemy doesn't care, so at the expense of your own lives? Or carpet bomb the area and move on?

After seeing what I've seen am of the opinion that it does not matter anymore, Russian lives are infinitely more important than these nazi hohol scum

It should be punitive, Russia is already sanctioned and evil in eyes of our enemies, the optics dont matter anymore
    EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:13 pm

I have said it all along and there is nothing defeatist about it. In my opinion Russia is doing very well.
    Many of you guys expectations of how crazy losses would be was deflated. I spent 16 years around modern weapons 6 of them in an artillery regiment doing forward observer work.
    I was expecting larger losses then what we see even if we add all the fake stuff on twatter, and it will be way worse as MOUT starts for real. I can tell you that the losses among the Ukraine army must be horrific.
    I would as a company commander following the templates we used to predict losses expect a 30-40% loss in a deliberate MOUT assault maybe even more against a well dug in peer-peer enemy. and that is with a 3-1 advantage in numbers.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, teh_beard, Ispan, LMFS and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:16 pm

Russian troops are now at Berdyansk and Volnovakha.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Kriva, miketheterrible, Finty, Mir, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:16 pm

Mmmmm

Prof. Michael Tanchum@michaeltanchum·12h🇷🇺💥🇺🇦 #SupplyChain Impact: #semiconductors

#Ukraine supplies more than 90% of U.S. semiconductor-grade #neon, critical for lasers used in chipmaking

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, owais.usmani and Mir like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:17 pm

2014 is gonna be a stain on Putin's legacy forever. The surgery will require, clearly, a much stronger hand.

Civilian deaths should be avoided but the idea of desertions is over. They got hope, defiance, and the rage of misery building since 1991. All combined, with crazy propaganda to boot, is a dangerous cocktail mix.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:18 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Because that was before, this is now.

After seeing what I've seen am of the opinion that it does not matter anymore, Russian lives are infinitely more important than these nazi hohol scum

It should be punitive, Russia is already sanctioned and evil in eyes of our enemies, the optics dont matter anymore

The Russians will have to live with these people long after the conflict. So they may be mad at first but once things cool down, people come around.

Killing everyone isn't an option.

kvs, LMFS and Mir like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:18 pm

JohninMK wrote:Mmmmm

Prof. Michael Tanchum@michaeltanchum·12h🇷🇺💥🇺🇦 #SupplyChain Impact: #semiconductors

#Ukraine supplies more than 90% of U.S. semiconductor-grade #neon, critical for lasers used in chipmaking

In two years Taiwan will be gone as well as its chip producers lol1 they will depend on russia and china. They will give away Germany for it.

kvs and owais.usmani like this post

teh_beard
    teh_beard

Post  teh_beard Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:19 pm

EkErilaz wrote:I have said it all along and there is nothing defeatist about it. In my opinion Russia is doing very well.
    Many of you guys expectations of how crazy losses would be was deflated. I spent 16 years around modern weapons 6 of them in an artillery regiment doing forward observer work.
    I was expecting larger losses then what we see even if we add all the fake stuff on twatter, and it will be way worse as MOUT starts for real. I can tell you that the losses among the Ukraine army must be horrific.
    I would as a company commander  following the templates we used to predict losses expect a 30-40% loss in a deliberate MOUT assault maybe even more against a well dug in peer-peer enemy. and that is with a 3-1 advantage in numbers.
    I`ll add to that, that y'all here harping on supposed "news" from some youtube streams and twatter posts. And most of those (not all!) not only ridiculous at the first glance, but being proven hype, propaganda and BS time and again.
    Following Russian OPINT channels in Telegram paints quite a different picture. They report so much loss on Ukrainian side, that you`ll never see on twatter...
    You have to know Russian for that, of course.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Ispan, miketheterrible, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:22 pm

teh_beard wrote:
    EkErilaz wrote:I have said it all along and there is nothing defeatist about it. In my opinion Russia is doing very well.
    I would as a company commander  following the templates we used to predict losses expect a 30-40% loss in a deliberate MOUT assault maybe even more against a well dug in peer-peer enemy. and that is with a 3-1 advantage in numbers.
    I`ll add to that, that y'all here harping on supposed "news" from some youtube streams and twatter posts. And most of those (not all!) not only ridiculous at the first glance, but being proven hype, propaganda and BS time and again.
    Following Russian OPINT channels in Telegram paints quite a different picture. They report so much loss on Ukrainian side, that you`ll never see on twatter...

can you suggest some good ones?
    I can understand a tiny bit russian

bitch_killer, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:22 pm

There is some equipment that´s never get old, like assault rifles, 30mm autocannons or artillery guns.

Keep in mind that after 78 days of bombing, mostly civilan infrastructure, the only NATO soldiers that set a foot on serbian territory where the pilots of downed planes. This is the 3 day and the russian armed forces are deep inside orc territory.

There are pages of comments here about a lost tank or a damaged truck. This is tactical level. Bad for the single soldier, but take a step back and look at the whole picture. There are large cauldrons forming around the orcs. And this is still the staging part of the attack. The real push will come this night or tommorow.

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, Finty, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:24 pm

Here, another russian soldier taken prisoner...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 24 Fmiakr10

Rolling Eyes

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, teh_beard, Isos, Azi, miketheterrible and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:27 pm

teh_beard wrote:

It would be appreciated if you'd post some of it here, barely anyone here speaks Russian so Telegram is not exactly an option

JohninMK likes this post

teh_beard
    teh_beard

Post  teh_beard Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:28 pm

EkErilaz wrote:
    can you suggest some good ones?
    I can understand a tiny bit russian
    Hmm. It took some doing (since I`m apparently a moss-covered boulder in terms of modern facespaceys) but here, try those three I have added:
    t.me/voenkorKotenok
    t.me/voenacher
    t.me/milinfolive

Noticeable amount of crossposts inbetween, but some, for a time, exclusive posts too. I`m sure there are other, maybe even better ones, time a dozen.
    Those in the know - feel free to add.

PapaDragon wrote:
    It would be appreciated if you'd post some of it here, barely anyone here speaks Russian so Telegram is not exactly an option
    Well, while those in particular are in Russian, you can still watch photos and videos to get the view for the other side of the infowar.
    I`ll just to busy with regular life shit at the moment to repost translated posts at the pace they come up.

Maybe if I was payed for it, but I`m not. Wink

Last edited by teh_beard on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Finty and EkErilaz like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:28 pm

teh_beard wrote:

Hello, I knew about Telegram channels and use the app in my phone but as I can't read Russian I barely can read just a little

fortunately I realized today that if I open the channel in the web browser on the desktop computer the automated translation works fine.

I have been reading Cassad what else is there that you can recomend?

Losses I go following the Russian army reports. A good rule of thumb is to assume 10 casualties between dead and wounded for every tank, artillery piece or vehicle reported destroyed, so 200 units of materiel and 2.000 losses for the Ukrop side in two days sounds reasonable in view of the fighting reported, thank God its not yet the meat grinder that the battles of 2014-2015 were the daily casualty rate was even higher with the futile frontal attacks on entrenched positions and when the cauldrons (pockets) were destroyed.

I do my best in my blog, if you want to contribute some news source that I can add to my resources let me know!

Last edited by Ispan on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

zepia, Finty and Arkanghelsk like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:31 pm

https://lostarmour.info/offtopic/war/

Aggregator. (Just use google translate).

For those that don't want to open a telegram account (phone number required).

EkErilaz likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:33 pm

A russian convoy is advancing trough Chernigovka (Zaporozhye region)

Big_Gazza, kvs, Finty, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:33 pm

Ispan wrote:

Hello, I knew about Telegram channels and use the app in my phone but as I can't read Russian I barely can read just a little

fortunately I realized today that if I open the channel in the web browser on the desktop computer the automated translation works fine.

As an aside, you guys don't have to install the app - just click preview channel. It would open up in the browser.

I'm using these links btw:
    https://t.me/s/SIL0VIKI
    https://t.me/s/surf_noise1

Last edited by lyle6 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

teh_beard, Ispan, ATLASCUB, Arkanghelsk and EkErilaz like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:17 am