Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Cyrus the great
Broski
billybatts91
psg
eridan
mr_hd
Ned86
jhelb
Karl Haushofer
ahmedfire
Airbornewolf
Odin of Ossetia
andalusia
11E
medo
limb
ludovicense
Mir
Stealthflanker
mnrck
Eugenio Argentina
Rodion_Romanovic
TMA1
owais.usmani
Scorpius
PhSt
LMFS
ult
GarryB
Pacense
lyle6
Ispan
mavaff
Belisarius
Arrow
Firebird
sundoesntrise
Serberus
d_taddei2
Erk
Dr.Snufflebug
calripson
Hinex1988
Big_Gazza
franco
VARGR198
GunshipDemocracy
Yugo90
walle83
caveat emptor
Azi
PapaDragon
Urluber
ATLASCUB
JohninMK
nomadski
Podlodka77
kvs
ucmvulcan
diabetus
par far
Hole
SolidarityWithRussia
lancelot
RTN
Sujoy
Werewolf
Isos
teh_beard
sepheronx
mnztr
SeigSoloyvov
Regular
MMBR
Arkanghelsk
flamming_python
zorobabel
George1
ALAMO
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:05 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    It can be stated that the Ukrainian defense line is gradually being "gnawed" (but the pace of advance allows the enemy to fortify each next population). And if the "concrete second stage" of the special operation continues at the same pace, then perhaps the entire territory of the DPR will be liberated even before the first autumn frosts. (sarcasm)

Problems of the advancing troops:

I'm sure Strelkov is better informed and in a better position to analyze than my humble self. But this criticism looks weird

1) Very weak and imprecise tactical air support (despite the fact that the Russian Air Force is working at the limit of its capabilities, it was not possible to achieve serious results, we need an equivalent to the "Shturmovik" of the Great Patriotic War.

It's called an Su-25

Add the Mi-24 too

2) Poor observation of artillery. They forgot not only about artillery observation aircraft, but also about elementary advanced artillery observers, as a result of which "infantry fights separately from artillery and vice versa").

They have UAVs, they have satellites, they don't need artillery observation aircraft unless its really far downrange and you need updated info urgently. Then you can send a Su-24MR or something, or Ka-52s with their good optics, but it's risky.

As for artillery observers; clearly someone is on the radio or the tablet passing co-ordinates, if the arty arrives within 10 minutes of an engagement like the mercs claim they do

3) An acute shortage of Moderna means of tactical reconnaissance (reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicles, not to mention attack drones).

Not in a position to judge on their quantity. But which class? Quadrocopters for city scouting and fighting the DNR is definitely short on, and the Russian army doesn't operate such a class; maybe it bought some commercial ones from donations as well.

Longer-range recon UAVs such as the Forpost? Maybe. But there seem to be a lot of Orlans used for correcting artillery and scouting

UCAVs? Well there are a lot of videos published. Probably the Russians could use some more, but on the whole destroying the enemy when you spot them is not typically a problem. The problem is spotting and identifying them if anything.

4) Low training of troops (including at the level of the command of units and formations) and the lack of initiative of the middle and lower commands.

Not in a position to judge.
    I've read some of the reports about commendations and awards given to various servicemen and officers. In most cases it's due to them showing initiative of some kind and being praised for it.
    Regardless, battle will teach people, if nothing else will

5) The absence of large reserves to take advantage of tactical advances that arise during the attack. As a result, the enemy quickly "fills the gaps", while maintaining the stability of the entire defense as a whole.

Back to the mobilization agenda. Time will tell whether it's the right move or not.
    But Strelkov seldom sees the big picture. A drastic move such as mobilization, even partial, will mean an escalation and could prompt the Europeans to arm up too. Just a thought.
    Perhaps solving military tasks is preferable with less people, just professionals is all. Mobilization is for if things go out of control.
    Dr.Snufflebug

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:24 pm

Strelkov isn't some kind of military-political mastermind, just get over it.

Some of his criticisms are of course valid, but the same have been voiced by others. Some are just silly.

If anything though, his many tirades show that he and his motley crew of Kuban cossacks back in the day weren't part of some Putin-directed Kremlin masterplan. They were just who they were. It was obvious to anyone with a brain then, but the mythos has somehow prevailed to this day, even though he's been doing his best to puncture it. From his live debate with Navalny to this doomerism.

To me, the only thing this all demonstrates is yet again how false western propaganda's been. Haha.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, LMFS, Hole, Broski and bitch_killer like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:25 pm

The fact the Russians invaded gave the EU all the reason it needed to arm up, the idea you shouldn't because it might trigger them is silly, they are already triggered
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:30 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    The fact the Russians invaded gave the EU all the reason it needed to arm up, the idea you shouldn't because it might trigger them is silly, they are already triggered

Sure, but one way or the other it's an escelatory move

What I mean is, it's something that will force everyone to react, even if they would otherwise want to turn a blind eye

One side mobilizes, the other side has to mobilize.

So I'm not opining on whatever, maybe it is necessary, but it's just something to keep in mind.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:33 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Strelkov isn't some kind of military-political mastermind, just get over it.

Some of his criticisms are of course valid, but the same have been voiced by others. Some are just silly.

I do agree with you mostly. But I quote him because he has battle and command experience and is well read on military matters so some of his criticisms are valid, and I post them as he provides a useful counterpoint to the hurra patriots. Also, when he does write, he gives operational summaries that are better and more detailed than those of Cassad.

I understand he is a bit of a loony and that he keeps thinking in historical World War II terms, whereas me, a mere civilian, I am more abreast of current developments and understand warfare changes, and have some broader knowledge of economics and politics than a grumpy old soldier that is not even career military.

I would like to find more sources but after trying several telegram channels they are all saying the same and copypasting each other. So far the most frontline useful insights come from the Edda guy that is in the Izyum front.

I have checked the Southfront site, but though it's very slick and professional I prefer my own compiled reports. It's not flashy and takes time to read and ponder, but I am confident that I am reporting as accurately as possible and contributing something valuable. In fact I notice that my blog is usually one or a couple days ahead of events being officially confirmed. Same thing happened back in 2014 and then I had much more limited sources available.

Last edited by Ispan on Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, JohninMK and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Looks like a warning for Moldova situation.

Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    2h
    ⚡Putin: If someone wants to intervene in the situation in Ukraine from the outside and creates a strategic threat, the strikes will be lightning fast. All tasks of the special military operation will be unconditionally fulfilled.

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and like this post

RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:49 pm

Eventually an admission......Russia lacks missiles of caliber

Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, bitch_killer, Belisarius and Podlodka77 dislike this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:59 pm

RTN wrote:Eventually an admission......Russia lacks missiles of caliber

Actually they keep flying non stop, you pindo assholes must be really shocked

So much so you stay on the sidelines watching like real cuckold

par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Mir, Broski and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:00 pm

You were once a serious poster here many years ago but your train of thought is becoming so bizarre as to be utterly alien

Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Werewolf, par far, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:01 pm

The retarded minds of yanqui chauvinists. An upgrade program is "admission of failure". Because everyone knows that
    yanquis produce weapons better than God can produce from the first try.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:03 pm

Who are Yankees to talk? Their army stays stateside since 2011

Yankees won't fight a war again, funny money only feeds the impoverished of pindoland , no more for the war machine
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:08 pm

kvs wrote:The retarded minds of yanqui chauvinists.   An upgrade program is "admission of failure".   Because everyone knows that
    yanquis produce weapons better than God can produce from the first try.

Kalibr arrives to destination in one of the most dense air defense systems in the world

A salvo of tomahawk from Burke didn't make it past kub

The performance speaks for itself , shayrat strikes were embarassing

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Yugo90, Broski and like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:09 pm

Fight... fight sheeple!

Anyway... the slow advance are the result of 3 main reasons:

1. Enemy leadership alive, kicking, and untouched = coordinated command/resistance, and political defiance.
    2. Civilian considerations - gag orders.
    3. Enemy tactics and resupply (from the West)/freedom of movement.

The first one being the most important one and the reason, if this keeps on, that the war will last several months, even a year+ unless a side capitulates under the banner of compromise.

Putin's and cadre's lil game with the Ukranian leadership/West is very costly.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:35 pm

ATLASCUB wrote:Fight... fight sheeple!

Anyway... the slow advance are the result of 3 main reasons:

1. Enemy leadership alive, kicking, and untouched = coordinated command/resistance, and political defiance.
    2. Civilian considerations - gag orders.
    3. Enemy tactics and resupply (from the West)/freedom of movement.

The first one being the most important one and the reason, if this keeps on, that the war will last several months, even a year+ unless a side capitulates under the banner of compromise.

Putin's and cadre's lil game with the Ukranian leadership/West is very costly.

Why you mad at Russia? What Russia did to Cuba?
    Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:36 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

💥High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces hit 17 Ukrainian military assets.

▫Among them: 2 command posts of Ukrainian troops' units, as well as 15 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration.

✈💥Operational-tactical and army aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces hit 38 military assets of Ukraine.

▫Among them: 7 command posts, 2 anti-aircraft missile systems: 1 S-300 near Nikolaevka and 1 Osa-AKM near Velikaya Kamyshevaha, 2 fortified areas, as well as 27 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration.

▫Up to 210 nationalists, as well as more than 43 armoured and motor vehicles, were destroyed.

💥Artillery units have carried out 309 firing missions during the day.

▫Destroyed: 14 command posts, 292 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration, as well as 3 ammunition depots near Chervonoe and Illichevka in Kharkov Region.

💥Russian air defence means shot down 1 Mi-24 helicopter of the Ukrainian Air Force near Cherkasskya Lozovaya, Kharkov Region.

▫2 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles were also destroyed near Peski-Radkovskoe and Borschevka.

📊In total, 141 aircraft and 111 helicopters, 609 unmanned aerial vehicles, 275 anti-aircraft missile systems, 2,616 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 297 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,139 field artillery and mortars, as well as 2,426 units of special military vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were destroyed during the operation.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #Briefing
    @mod_russia_en

GarryB, dino00, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:44 pm

Arky boy... you never get tired of being a clown? Saying dumb shit, flip flopping, being wrong... overall being a massive idiot and waste of sperm? Serious question...

Also, guessing my nationality to try to pin me down to throw nationality based attacks and dirt around... how much of a fucking loser do you have to be? Attack the message, not the messenger. I know there are many here sharing the same level of brain power... at some point or another I've been an Iranian, American, now Cuban.... What else a month from now?

I could give two flying fucks where you're from for example. I know you being an idiot doesn't mean the rest of your kin all are. God knows they don't need examples like you. I guess when the message is too uncomfortable, and bullet proof, the next best thing is the garbage bin...

Btw... keep guessing. lol1

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:45 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

They have had enough false flags created to justify whatever they want. The West controls 100% all media and information flow in its aquarium and just can make a claim with no source, pictures or whatever. Most people will swallow it like they swallowed the the russian hackers. Hacking everything or meddling in elections in the US or in any government where elections don't go their way.

The only thing this will lead to is more meat for the grinder, higher salaries for MICs and oligarchs but will not change any outcome on the battlefield and even in direct NATO vs Russia conflict it will not matter. This war can not be won by anyone against Russia. The most lucky you will get is the nukes you might attract are not SS-18 Satan 20MT nukes but smaller.

I have read about a statistics that the average american speaks 0.6 languages. You must be one that drags that number even lower.

The ability to speak and form simple sentences is possible for humans with an IQ of 65.
    With an IQ of 75 a human usually can form coherent sentences.
    You must be somewhere in between. The sentences might be correct but you lack the ability to understand what you read.
    Not even between the lines one could come to the conclusion that they run out of Kalibrs.

From experience trolls tend to be very active interacting on forums. Posting provocative stuff and replying almost to everyone with more ridiculous stuff like we have seen with Object 101 Astride and the turkish guy when the Su-24 was shot down.
    However, the issue with you is your posts are low energy and rather rare. Do they pay you that little or are you one of McNamara's morons?

Last edited by Werewolf on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

franco, xeno, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:45 pm

EU and UK new project in an attempt to ween itselfs off Russian gas lol!

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 11 Fb_img31

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

Pacense

Post  Pacense Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:52 pm

Isos wrote:Looks like a warning for Moldova situation.

Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    2h
    ⚡Putin: If someone wants to intervene in the situation in Ukraine from the outside and creates a strategic threat, the strikes will be lightning fast. All tasks of the special military operation will be unconditionally fulfilled.

Seems, we are going straight for a big confrontation. Europe/West are not going to back down on this war, and also considering the man in the Kremlin personality, it seems unavoidable a big big war to start unfolding in the following days.

Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:55 pm

ATLASCUB wrote:Arky boy... you never get tired of being a clown? Saying dumb shit, flip flopping, being wrong... overall being a massive idiot and waste of sperm? Serious question...

Also, guessing my nationality to try to pin me down to throw nationality based attacks and dirt around... how much of a fucking loser do you have to be? Attack the message, not the messenger. I know there are many here sharing the same level of brain power... at some point or another I've been an Iranian, American, now Cuban.... What else a month from now?

I could give two flying fucks where you're from for example. I know you being an idiot doesn't mean the rest of your kin all are. God knows they don't need examples like you. I guess when the message is too uncomfortable, and bullet proof, the next best thing is the garbage bin...

Why you mad though? What did Russia do to Cuba

We fed you, gave your airlines, gave you everything

Then you are mad at us , wtf!

I have no problem with cubans, they fought with USSR, but you should be mad if anything with your own elite!

Not Russia, we didn't do anything to you, and Obama is the one who stop you from coming to Miami with wet foot

Is not our problem dude, so stop the hate

Big_Gazza, kvs, Broski and bitch_killer like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:59 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:Arky boy... you never get tired of being a clown? Saying dumb shit, flip flopping, being wrong... overall being a massive idiot and waste of sperm? Serious question...

Why you mad though? What did Russia do to Cuba

We fed you, gave your airlines, gave you everything

Then you are mad at us , wtf!

I'm Iranian... ask Papadragon, he's sure of it.

Better yet, and closer to the truth, I'm American, ask GarryB, he's sure of it.

I'll add your guess to the "confirmed" list nonetheless. lol1

Would be funny if I were Russian in lineage.

This much is true... I'm Western European, southern kind by heritage. Culturally, well...

Now you got a new guessing game on your hands. Rent free.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:00 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:EU and UK new project in an attempt to ween itselfs off Russian gas lol!

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 11 Fb_img31

The project should be an attempt to ween itself off gas not specifically Russian gas.
    Oil and gas are finite natural resources, they will get scarce and expensive best not to waste them.

BTW. My personal opinion is that the US has it's eye on conquering Russia for it's natural resources, and the Ukraine conflict is just a part of that longer term plan. I base that opinion on the US track record of what it has done, over the past few decades, to other resource rich countries eg. in the Middle East and in South America.

markgreven, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:06 pm

These people mad at Russia for God knows what reason

He should be pissed with USA

The turkroach should be also pissed with USA for almost killing Erdogan in 2016

And Arisitide, even though he's not here anymore, he should be mad with Macron for his euro being devalued and his cutoff from gaz

Now he won't be able to fly to Africa anymore Sad

So wtf they mad at Russia for

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, kvs and Broski like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:15 pm

It's all in your head arky... better watch out when looking at a mirror.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:23 pm

ATLASCUB wrote:It's all in your head arky... better watch out when looking at a mirror.

It's in your name smart guy

Cubatlas

You mention spite for 11 million population country

So I predicted it that way

Cuba is always a friendly country for Russians

Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:16 am