Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  Podlodka77 10/02/23, 12:03 pm

Arkhie Arkhie, what are the salaries in the SBU - how much do your Ukroshitsans pay you to write your bullshit..

sepheronx, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  Regular 10/02/23, 12:14 pm

I am confident that Russian marines are skilled in individual combat, however, they must follow orders. This is not a matter of speculation, I am simply observing and reporting what I see as evidence is out there. Unedited and raw combat footage and pictures.

There is no need to soften the reality. When Ukrainian troops were exposed to same greetings, there was no debate about their fighting capabilities. Even few days ago when their section was wiped out by artillery in same location

This is not a pessimistic outlook, but a closer to real representation of the situation on the ground, there is no need to gaslight it. Destroyed tanks, dead marines = destroyed tanks, dead marines. No matter what rose-tinted glasses I put on.

A one-sided perspective will only offer limited insight. In my opinion, this conflict is a grueling and brutal battle, like two prehistoric men engaged in a violent fight were they rip each other limbs apart. Russia is a bigger man. But still, All this voenaya priomka and other BS net analogov vmire TV shows flew out through the window long time ago.

Last edited by Regular on 10/02/23, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

limb and caveat emptor like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 10/02/23, 12:15 pm

On the command chain excuse, there is some merit to it. Generally, the over all Generals will not give specific orders to divisions, rather then they issue orders to the guy who will then rely on those orders to the respective division commander.

HOWEVER when you have to say a bridge crossing that goes south when you tried to cross the same spot losing that much gear the General in this case Lapain would be made aware of it after the 2nd time at most.

As it is their job to ensure the divisions under their command are following their orders correctly and keeping track of material and personal losses.

limb

Post  limb 10/02/23, 12:15 pm

Highly trained marines ARE IRREPLACEABLE. Theyre few, theyre great warriors, and should never be killed in such large numbers.
    It takes 2+ years to make a competent soldier

Also such losses lower the amount of volunteers willing to enlist, who naturally are the most motivated and competent
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel 10/02/23, 12:16 pm

I wouldn't call the large armour losses a ****show. It's just if every town with 10,000 people in the Donbass means losing 30-40 armoured pieces, that kinda becomes a problem because there are dozens of towns of that size left, not to mention Slavyansk and Kramatorsk, both of which are each three times as big as Bakhmut.

They're going to have to come up with a better strategy.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 10/02/23, 12:19 pm

The high rise buildings should have been taken out before the assault was given, that much is true. Advancing over open ground against a foe with that much high ground in a direct frontal assault is going to lead to massive losses ad if the russians couldn't take them out, then the attack never should have been conducted.

Whoever was the over all commander in charge of that dumbfuck maneuver does need to be court marshalled. That level of incompetence should not fly period.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on 10/02/23, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

limb likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 10/02/23, 12:19 pm

Son, it's all good with me, if you're fine with watching your compatriots getting slaughtered due to sheer incompetence of their commanders.
    Once more into the breach ( replace breach with head into the wall), dear friends.

I reserve my judgement, until we get an analysis by an officer of a military academy, or at least the opinion of a respected retired officer; on this or that alleged episode of 'compatriots getting slaughtered' or 'incompetence of their commanders'
    Telegram retards, some probably with Ukro backing, others just looking for sensationalism popularity points - and their opinions; simply don't do it for me.

Because what I saw in that video was just war, not anyone getting slaughtered. And if you're not prepared for the fact that your guys will die, enemy artillery might catch them by surprise, etc.. well then maybe you should take up another hobby and give your mind a break from this forum.
    I don't quite understand what it is you people expect?

Do you want only carefully curated videos and select cuts where everything is going fabulously and the impression is given that the Russian military is invincible while the Ukrainian one is being decimated at every turn?

When you spill your tea and witness an expanding fluid; do you expect that all the individual molecules will be rippling out across the table too? In fact if you zoom in, you will see that the individual molecules are going backwards and forwards and left and right in all directions and changing their velocity constantly. It's only the overall tendency, and their direction on average, that produces the visible result of the fluid expanding from the center.
    In the same sense, war is also a chaotic process.. and you are here watching a single molecule; yet making conclusions about the direction of the liquid as a whole. 99.9% of these molecules BTW are not recorded at all, you only see 0.1% of them, and indeed they can be going in any direction depending on the agenda of whoever provides the footage. What he decides to show you and what he decides not to show you.  It doesn't mean anything about the overall progression of the war, and about who is taking more casualties. That's something you can only get a sense of by zooming out and looking at the big picture, and at statistics, and other pieces of evidence.

I really shouldn't have to explain all this stuff. It should be obvious.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Broski, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 10/02/23, 12:23 pm

The problem is you are defending what cannot be defended, we know what happened. Russians advanced in an open field, Ukie troops occupied the building over looking it, The russians knew but they charged anyways, if you ARE going to conduct moves like this you need like 10 to 1 odds and be prepared to lose a lot of guys, the russians did not out number the ukie defenders by any major portion which ALREAY doomed the attack.

I don't need to write a 10 para blog post to explain that
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 10/02/23, 12:23 pm

A one-sided perspective will only offer limited insight. In my opinion, this conflict is a grueling and brutal battle, like two prehistoric men engaged in a violent fight were they rip each other limbs apart. Russia is a bigger man. But still, All this voenaya priomka and other BS net analogov vmire TV shows flew out through the window long time ago.

No it didn't, it all still applies

Russian equipment and vehicles are superior by any metric to what the Ukrainians have. The Ukrainians have some comparable or better equipment only in a few cases. Night-vision googles for their elite infantry. Maybe some of the thermals on their latest upgraded T-64 tanks. Maybe their indigenous ATGM system is better as it is capable of being operated remotely without risk to the operator.

Most everything else is an advantage to the Russian side. Does that mean they will win every engagement, deflect every tank shell, put every round on target? No it doesn't. It only improves the average statistic.

Last edited by flamming_python on 10/02/23, 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 10/02/23, 12:25 pm

Tanks, tanks, tanks.. The question for the conspiracy theorists on the forum or Seig, Limb, Zoro and Ukrop Arkhie: What is the situation with the production of tanks in Ukraine and in the West? 😁

Last edited by Podlodka77 on 10/02/23, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, ALAMO, Hole and Belisarius like this post

limb

Post  limb 10/02/23, 12:25 pm

Do you want only carefully curated videos and select cuts where everything is going fabulously and the impression is given that the Russian military is invincible while the Ukrainian one is being decimated at every turn?
    Its you that wants to see that. Its you and so many others who are so averse to calling a spade a spade and pretending like theres no massive conseqeunces for such fucukps
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 10/02/23, 12:26 pm

Yes Pod keep trying to cheaply deflect, by all means. Even though Western tanks have nothing to do with this specific situation people are talking about but hey

limb likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 10/02/23, 12:28 pm

The problem is you are defending what cannot be defended, we know what happened. Russians advanced in an open field, Ukie troops occupied the building over looking it, The russians knew but they charged anyways, if you ARE going to conduct moves like this you need like 10 to 1 odds and be prepared to lose a lot of guys, the russians did not out number the ukie defenders by any major portion which ALREAY doomed the attack.

I don't need to write a 10 para blog post to explain that

1. I'm not necessarily defending it or attacking it, I'm pointing out it was a company-level action in a war involving hundreds of thousands across both sides.
    You might as well point out an individual soldier, check his competence, and if he's lacking - use that as evidence that Russia is doing badly in the war.

2. I don't know what happened there, neither do you. I don't know if Russians were advancing in an open field, looked more like a dirt road and a tree line. I don't know if there were Ukrainian troops in whatever building was allegedly there; maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I don't know if its possible to even advance at all anywhere in the Donbass without encountering an apartment building present to overlook everywhere around it.. the entire region is endless urban sprawl.
    I don't know it, you don't know it, the information is coming from some retard Telegram accounts that I neither trust nor take seriously. If a military analyst writes a serious article on this video and figures out who was where doing what, then there would be something to discuss.

Last edited by flamming_python on 10/02/23, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel 10/02/23, 12:29 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:Tanks, tanks, tanks.. The question for the unsuspecting conspiracy theorists on the forum is Seig, Limb, Zoro and Ukrop Arkhie: What is the situation with the production of tanks in Ukraine and in the West
    I take your point. Unfortunately, the US has active production lines for M1A2 tanks, and they produce hundreds per year. Also, since the US military's decisive defeat in Afghanistan, the US military industrial complex is looking for another outlet for several hundred billion dollars annually in funding.

I am not actually that worried about Western tanks. I think Kornets can handle them. More worried about tactics on the ground.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 10/02/23, 12:29 pm

Trollstoy
    @Trollstoy88
    ·
    1h
    Explosions in Slavyansk, Kramatorsk, Konstantinovka, Zaporozhye, Kherson, Nikolaev, Odessa, Dnepropetrovsk, Sumy and Kharkov.
    Geranium kamikaze drones in the air over Ukraine.

Theresa tretter
    @tretter50001
    ·
    2h
    🇷🇺🇺🇦 ❗Radio observers report on the activity of strategic aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces. There are several Tu-22M3 aircraft in the sky, they communicate on combat frequencies.

Very high probability of Kh-22 missile launches.

Donbass Devushka
    @PeImeniPusha
    ·
    2h
    Ukrainian groups publish a schedule of arrivals of Geraniums.

▪Kremenchug - 23:30
    ▪Krivoy Rog - 23:46
    ▪Mirgorod - 23:51
    ▪Cherkasy - 00:00
    ▪Uman - 00:20
    ▪Kiev - 00:40

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 10/02/23, 12:33 pm

I am talking about the man who gave the order. There is no defending such a dumb mistake

Yes that is what happened EXACTLY what I said
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk 10/02/23, 12:33 pm

I don't think such things should happen at all, and if they do, then the second time around the lessons should be learned so that these things don't happen again

What is extremely perplexing to me, is the lack of awareness for these units

How can 155th be ambushed? We talk about a massive grouping which has resources at its disposal , including drones

This unit was apparently relying on a DJI Mavic to plan a company level attack?

That's what's wrong with the picture, war is war, but what we see here is nearly deliberate

There is a difference between accepting real challenges and being proactive and using positive criticism to solve a problem

And another is to enable a deliberate and bad planning by covering for those who let it happen

limb

Post  limb 10/02/23, 12:36 pm

I just hope fewer marines died than vehicles got destroyed
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 10/02/23, 12:37 pm

To Zorolabel

Hundreds of tanks, really ?

The service plans to spend roughly $2 billion less from FY22 through FY25 on Abrams tanks when comparing the FY23 budget justification documents with the same set of documents issued in FY21, the last time the Army issued a five-year spending plan.

The Army plans to produce 22 tanks in FY23, 80 fewer than previously planned; 30 in FY24, 71 fewer than planned, and 53 in FY25, 60 fewer vehicles. This equates to roughly a half a Brigade Combat Team a year.

In FY26, the Army would build 42, followed by 40 in FY27.

d_taddei2, zorobabel, Hole and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 10/02/23, 12:38 pm

I am talking about the man who gave the order. There is no defending such a dumb mistake

Yes that is what happened EXACTLY what I said

What order? Do you have a readout of it?

And can you tell me exactly what happened?

Once again, what we have here is a video from Telegram, not full-length but edited, and a Telegram post describing what we're seeing in it and how it came about, together with an anonymous written account written in more general terms yet from who's perspective I'm not sure.
    That's it.
    If you want to take all that stuff on face value, feel free. I'm not willing to on my part though. There is nothing more to discuss.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel 10/02/23, 12:40 pm

Podlodka77, count the export orders. Those don't come from the US Army.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf 10/02/23, 12:42 pm

@ Flamming,

“A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.”

GarryB, flamming_python, Hole and Belisarius like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel 10/02/23, 12:48 pm

I had a couple too many sippy-poos tonight. Moving into a doomer state.

Russia can win and indeed must win.

But never mistake evil for stupidity. Russia is now facing the hordes of 3rd world H-1B holders.

And if Putin and Lavrov, which represent (relative to the West) a right-wing government, can stop the sniveling to the soft-left anti-colonial libs of the the 3rd world, boy, Russia would do a lot better.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 10/02/23, 12:51 pm

soft-left anti-colonial libs of the the 3rd world,

Picturing some African hipsters with mini-afros sipping latte at a pretentious cafe in downtown Lusaka discussing who's right and wrong in the Russo-Ukrainian war

I'm sorry what? Suspect

Last edited by flamming_python on 10/02/23, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor 10/02/23, 12:52 pm

@FP
    Because what I saw in that video was just war, not anyone getting slaughtered. And if you're not prepared for the fact that your guys will die, enemy artillery might catch them by surprise, etc.. well then maybe you should take up another hobby and give your mind a break from this forum.
    There are few objective things we can all agree about:
    1) Ugledar lies on strategically high ground;
    2) Russian army has objective constraints in RoE due to possibility of civilians occupying said buildings.
    Second fact leads to the result that you can't use VKS in an efficient manner and you can't do arty bombardments to the extent you should.
    Not to mention that everything is mined out the gazoo.
    How do you expect your people to fight in such situation?
    Why even try head on attack? Save soldiers as they are in short supply.
    Net analogov vmire doesn't mean that equipment is better than Ukrainian, but you know that already. 😉

Last edited by caveat emptor on 10/02/23, 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/10/24, 04:53 pm