Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
marcellogo
Azi
auslander
miroslav
thegopnik
Finty
Mir
mavaff
Russian_Patriot_
Lurk83
Kiko
nero
flamming_python
PapaDragon
The_Observer
RTN
gbu48098
thedrunkengeneral
Firebird
ARYGER
zardof
limb
bren_tann
lyle6
slasher
mnztr
The-thing-next-door
Backman
calripson
AMCXXL
Big_Gazza
kvs
Sujoy
lancelot
Gomig-21
Tingsay
LMFS
medo
owais.usmani
TheArmenian
ultimatewarrior
Arrow
Mindstorm
franco
d_taddei2
Viktor
walle83
PhSt
Tsavo Lion
magnumcromagnon
Gibraltar
Singular_Transform
x_54_u43
marat
JohninMK
Cyberspec
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
miketheterrible
George1
ult
hoom
Vann7
Slevin
SeigSoloyvov
dino00
Rodion_Romanovic
MiamiMachineShop
Hole
verkhoturye51
Admin
GarryB
76 posters

Russian Navy: Status and News #5

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:15 am

ALAMO wrote:Finty my good lad, as I love your contribution, and really notice the common sense of your expression, please consider my deep regrate that you are forced to read bullshit your daily press delivers, plus the shit that fills your decision-makers heads cry
    "flexing muscles" is hardly a comment toward someone, who can wipe off your entire fleet in one passage of one regiment of naval aviation ... Without refueling.

To his defence he is not the one writing the articles

But yeah, author really is clueless

And last time I checked country is called Russia not Putin...

ALAMO likes this post

ALAMO

Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

Post  ALAMO Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:23 am

Of course, there is no need for him to defend himself in any manner.
    Opposite.
    I feel a deep regrate, that morons rule most of us, keeping the sane people apart.

GarryB and PapaDragon like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 am

K-3 (first USSR nuke sub) being prepared for relocation to Krondstad for conversion to museum ship

Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 23-9889853-20-07-2021-15-32-00

Rector segment has been replaced with a blank hull and disposed of (light pink part)

Older photo:

Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 22-9888633-leninskij-komsomol-5-2048x1366-1-1100x610

GarryB, Big_Gazza, ALAMO and Hole like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:02 pm

Now if they preserve the kashin, kara, and sovremenny destroyers too it would be the best naval museum in the world.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 pm

limb wrote:Now if they preserve the kashin, kara, and sovremenny destroyers too it would be the best naval museum in the world.

They already have Sovremeni in Krondshtad and last Kashin is preserved in Sevastopol

Karas are all scraped, too big to maintain as museum with very little history behind them

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:39 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    limb wrote:Now if they preserve the kashin, kara, and sovremenny destroyers too it would be the best naval museum in the world.

They already have Sovremeni in Krondshtad and last Kashin is preserved in Sevastopol

Karas are all scraped, too big to maintain as museum with very little history behind them

For Karas you are probably right but I would gladly pay a ticket to Saint Petersburg or to Sevastopol to see the Slava class cruiser Moskva when he will be retired.

Big_Gazza likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

For Karas you are probably right but I would gladly pay a ticket to Saint Petersburg or to Sevastopol to see the Slava class cruiser Moskva when he will be retired.

Moskva did serve in Syria so they might have something there and there's plenty of time but it's gonna cost a boatload
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Fleet Day, Sevastopol, 25.07.21. TPTB said a few weeks ago that they would not have the holiday this year. Apparently Black Sea Flot told them otherwise, ergo a week ago it was announced a go for today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXgMTcyMU8I

GarryB likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:05 pm

auslander wrote:Fleet Day, Sevastopol, 25.07.21. TPTB said a few weeks ago that they would not have the holiday this year. Apparently Black Sea Flot told them otherwise, ergo a week ago it was announced a go for today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXgMTcyMU8I

So who has the power again russia

GarryB likes this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:55 pm

Some history:

In St. Petersburg, a bas-relief dedicated to the victory of the Russian fleet over the Turkish one in the Chesma Bay, July 7, 1770, was opened in the Admiralty building.

"There are many significant events in the military history of the Fatherland that cause a sense of pride for the country and its Navy. Among them is the triumphant victory of Russian sailors in the Battle of Chesma on July 7, 1770" - the Russian Defense Minister said at the opening ceremony of the bas-relief.

He noted that the crushing defeat of the Turkish squadron, which is superior in the number of ships and gun power, was inflicted by the Russian fleet thanks to brilliant naval decisions and the unparalleled steadfastness and bravery of officers and sailors.
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 Img_2084
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 Img_2085
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 Img_2086

AMCXXL likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:00 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Just a side note but I've always wondered why the Soviet Navy opted to use most of the Kara class cruisers in the Black Sea/Med, whilst they operated most of the older and much smaller Kresta2's in the Northern Fleet? Both of them served in the Pacific (3 each) though.

I would have used most of the Kresta 2's in the Black Sea/Med.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Mir wrote:

Just a side note but I've always wondered why the Soviet Navy opted to use most of the Kara class cruisers in the Black Sea/Med, whilst they operated most of the older and much smaller Kresta2's in the Northern Fleet? Both of them served in the Pacific (3 each) though.

Probably has to do with where they are built (and maintained). The Kara class cruisers were built in a Ukrainian shipyard, while the Kresta 2s were built in St. Petersburg. Would be awfully inconvenient to have to transit almost half-way around the globe just to get something fixed, don't you think?
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:31 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    Mir wrote:

Probably has to do with where they are built (and maintained). The Kara class cruisers were built in a Ukrainian shipyard, while the Kresta 2s were built in St. Petersburg. Would be awfully inconvenient to have to transit almost half-way around the globe just to get something fixed, don't you think?

Yes I thought about that BUT both these ship classes served in the Pacific as well - but yes I guess that makes sense.
    As a youngster I remember those Krestas actually transited around the Cape of Good Hope a few times as well, so they must have had reasonably good sea keeping qualities despite being a bit top heavy.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:22 am

Six ships and submarines are planned to be laid in Russia on August 9-10

Two "strategists" will be laid down at PO "Sevmash", two corvettes - at the Amur shipyard, two "Varshavyanki" - at "Admiralty shipyards", a source said.

MOSCOW, July 30. / TASS /. It is planned to lay down six ships and submarines at the enterprises of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) on August 9-10. This was reported to TASS by a source in the shipbuilding industry.

"At the moment there is no exact date yet, but it is planned that on August 9-10 two strategic nuclear submarine missile cruisers of project 955A Borey-A, two corvettes of project 20380, two submarines of project 636.3 will be laid down," he said. adding that earlier it was supposed to do this on the eve of May 9.

According to the interlocutor of the agency, two "strategists" will be laid down at the Sevmash production plant, two corvettes at the Amur shipyard, and two Varshavyanki at the Admiralty shipyards.

The submarines Dmitry Donskoy and Prince Potemkin will be laid down at Sevmash, the submarines Mozhaisk and Yakutsk (the fifth and sixth boats in a series of six Project 636.3 ships for the Pacific Fleet) at the Admiralty Shipyards. to the bookmark the corvettes of the project 20380 were named "Grozny" and "Buyny".

TASS has no official comments from USC enterprises.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/12021127

GarryB, franco, dino00, Big_Gazza, AMCXXL, Hole and Russian_Patriot_ like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:03 am

New fregate project 22350M will be laid down in 2023 Very Happy

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/12030371

franco, dino00, Big_Gazza, LMFS, TMA1, Russian_Patriot_ and Mir like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:25 am

I don't think they are going to waste too much space in the huge new "boathouse" for too long! Smile

TMA1 likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:10 pm

Mir wrote:I don't think they are going to waste too much space in the huge new "boathouse" for too long! Smile

Couple of more Gorshkovs would fill it up nicely until 2023

Big_Gazza and TMA1 like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:34 pm

Arrow wrote:New fregate project 22350M will be laid down in 2023 Very Happy

FUKUS becoming ****-us?? pirat

TMA1 likes this post

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:44 am

Apparently some of the junk that Ukraine left in Crimea has been repaired and could be incorporated into the Russian Navy.

https://diana-mihailova.livejournal.com/6801818.html

The flag and jack of the Russian Navy were raised on the large landing ship of the Ukrainian Navy "Konstantin Olshansky" board number 402
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 31-9914293-olshanskij-.

The "russian aggressor" has kindly painted the large landing ship of the Ukrainian Navy "Konstantin Olshansky", which is stationed in Sevastopol. The ship also received the tail number 402. The flag and jack of the Russian Navy were raised above the ship.

Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 31-9914369-olshanskij-

BDK-56 is a Soviet large landing ship of project 775. Built in Poland by order of the USSR, in 1985 it became part of the Black Sea Fleet. In 1991 it was named "Konstantin Olshansky". During the division of the Black Sea Fleet in 1997, it went to Ukraine; in 2014 he was interned by Russia in Sevastopol.

Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 33 Regnum_picture_1515701131185162_normal
    In the Naval Forces of Ukraine he wore the side number U402.

Since 2014, he remains interned, since the conditions for the return of the BDK cannot be agreed with the government of Ukraine.

The ship was painted in the colors of the Russian Navy, it was repaired and restored, including two diesel engines, one of which did not work even before the events in Crimea, and the second was damaged by the Ukrainian crew. A new crew has been formed.

GarryB, franco, George1, flamming_python, dino00, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:06 am

Excellent

Large landing ships are at a premium in Russia. The Ivan Gren is the only post-Soviet class they've introduced into service thus far, and they're not building them at a particularly fast pace it must be said

So even an 80s Ropucha-class vessel is welcomed

In Ukrainian service it would only have continued to rot in any case

Big_Gazza likes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Arrow wrote:New fregate project 22350M will be laid down in 2023 Very Happy

WOW! 8 UKSK (64 cells) is massive strike power for a warship, even more firepower than Arleigh Burke-class. So project 22350M will be Russias new destroyer.

And what I noticed is that the speed of shipbuilding has increased enormously in Russia and they found finally their favorite ship classes Smile Good progress! Good work! thumbsup

slasher and Finty like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm

AMCXXL wrote:Apparently some of the junk that Ukraine left in Crimea has been repaired and could be incorporated into the Russian Navy.

At least something could be saved. Most Uki gear had been so neglected that it was fit for nothing except scrapping.

The Konstantin Olshansky in "moskal" colours must have those Banderite Nazi bastards literally shaking in rage Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

russia

GarryB, AMCXXL and LMFS like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:57 pm

AMCXXL wrote:...The ship was painted in the colors of the Russian Navy, it was repaired and restored, including two diesel engines, one of which did not work even before the events in Crimea, and the second was damaged by the Ukrainian crew. A new crew has been formed.

404s can't even damage ther own ship properly No

GarryB, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, zepia, JohninMK and lyle6 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:12 am

WOW! 8 UKSK (64 cells) is massive strike power for a warship, even more firepower than Arleigh Burke-class. So project 22350M will be Russias new destroyer.

We can't be sure that these are not just heavy frigates... corvettes are getting bigger and clearly frigates are too, but I rather suspect their Destroyers will be impressive... as will any new cruisers they lay down.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:55 am

What makes me wonder, is the official status of this ship scratch
    If there are some issues behind it, this ship would be useful only for own ports transportation, or really close allies like Syria, or strong partners like China etc.
    In any other port, it could have been registered.
    We'll see.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:01 pm