Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+35
mavaff
dionis
TMA1
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
Mir
crod
Arrow
ahmedfire
Big_Gazza
PhSt
mnztr
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
George1
Belisarius
SolidarityWithRussia
ArgentinaGuard
par far
Sujoy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Airbornewolf
Walther von Oldenburg
ALAMO
sepheronx
Hole
starman
nomadski
GarryB
thegopnik
JohninMK
Isos
lancelot
Karl Haushofer
Eugenio Argentina
39 posters

2024 Iran–Israel conflict

ALAMO

2024 Iran–Israel conflict - Page 10 Empty Re: 2024 Iran–Israel conflict

Post  ALAMO Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 am

ahmedfire wrote:
    Still you are presenting the israeli story but anyway , in ideal situation many systems will have high interception rate .
    The attack on a small area which easy to be covered with layered AD systems + aircrafts and jamming capabilities from a superpower and it's easy to down a drone using even very old air to air missiles .

This desert airbase was hit by at least 7 ballistic missiles, which was simply filmed.
    Sure that multiple missiles has been intercepted, but it is always part of a game.
    As you have said - this attack was official, expected or maybe even announced as it was in a case of US bases attack.
    Missiles has been intercepted from multiple directions, Jordan included.
    Target distance is 1500+ km.
    Still, they scored multiple clear hits in military infrastructure.
    Iran used missiles worth of maybe $50 mln, forcing a 1 bln$ to be used to intercept them. Not to mention damage on the ground.
    If that is not a perfect asymmetric answer, then what is?

ahmedfire, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS, Hole and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 am

We’ll soon know but my money is on a very low Iranian success and a very high israeli/western one. wrote:

This shows how powerful the Western AD systems ridiculed on this forum are. Iran made a much bigger attack than Russia on Ukraine in one strike. Most of the funds were destroyed. This is amazing. They destroyed ballistic and cruise missiles and dozens of drones.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:10 am

crod wrote:
    ahmedfire wrote:Iranian Chief of Staff: Our attack led to the destruction of two important Israeli military sites .

As they say, pics or it didn’t happen.

Yeah because israel has published the interception video of each single missile and drone ?

By the way the israelis themselves said their airbase was hit .

Last edited by ahmedfire on Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, lancelot, bitch_killer and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:13 am

Arrow wrote:

This shows how powerful the Western AD systems ridiculed on this forum are. Iran made a much bigger attack than Russia on Ukraine in one strike. Most of the funds were destroyed. This is amazing. They destroyed ballistic and cruise missiles and dozens of drones.

Jesus Christ, you are a truly strong candidate for winning a global Dumb&Dumber contest.

Here is Ramona airbase.

https://t.me/intelslava/57512

https://t.me/intelslava/57483

SEVEN clear ballistic missiles hits.
    Nevatim airbase was hit even harder, 15 missiles reported.

If that is a scale of hits at two of the main IDF airbases, what does it tell you about overall efficiency?

Here are just some random pictures:

https://t.me/intelslava/57482

Multiple, direct strikes.

Last edited by ALAMO on Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

nomadski, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS, Hole and lancelot like this post

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:18 am

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, nomadski, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:20 am

Next one in a row :

https://t.me/intelslava/57479

Here are records of explosions, made in Jerusalem :

https://t.me/intelslava/57477

I have counted 11 ...

Eugenio Argentina and Hole like this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:50 am

PhSt wrote:How will Iran respond if Israel bombs its nuclear facilities like in Natanz

Probably in a symmetric way. They can attack the Dimona nuclear power plant in Israel. Some time ago Iran even made a mock attack exercise against a target looking similar to the Dimona plant to send a signal to the Zionists.

ahmedfire, Hole and PhSt like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 am

Iranian media say no missile interceptions took place . What we see in one clip merely shows a MIRV warhead separating . I think it possible that the body of missile after warhead separation , may have been blown up to create diversions on Radar . Iran media also say reports by Zionists about 15 injured ! But I find this unlikely , since if they are in hospital , and were in the blast radius , then equal chance of death . Therefore we are talking about deaths in the 10 - 20 range . This plus false claims by Zionists about 100% interception , tells me they do not want a counter strike ! Why should they ? The main aim may have been political diversion , forcing Israelis to give up liberties and new judicial laws , under the force of external threat of war ! I know that unpopular Hijab law was forced through in Iran by the conservatives too ! Still I put the chance of Limited counter strike at 50% , and full counter strike at 50% !

Rolling Eyes

Big_Gazza and Eugenio Argentina like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:08 am

[quote

Yeah because israel has published the interception video of each single missile and drone ?

By the way the israelis themselves said their airbase was hit .[/quote]

sure i saw the clip too....from a distance just like you. but it is a big airbase so for me to consider it a success i would like to see destroyed airframes and architecture. otherwise the base is business as usual, no?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:30 am

I looks like the Iranians are operating from the Russian not US playbook. Has anyone seen any claims of civilian deaths or injuries?

Israeli TV are saying that they have lots of video but are not allowed to show it. Much of what we have seen has likely come from Palestinians filming it.

I might be wrong but satellite photos of the damage will likely be censored as well.

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina and Hole like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:37 am

They showed several strikes where the missile penetrated the powerful AD. This is still over 90% of the effectiveness of Western AD. I remember the laughter when Israel couldn't shoot anything down or missed an S-200. Now it has repelled one of the largest missile and drone attacks. This still shows the great effectiveness of Western AD, where it has been ridiculed many times on this forum.
    It also shows that Israel, with its allies in the Middle East, has an incomparably more powerful AD than Ukraine, even in the vicinity of Kiev.
    All Shahed and certainly the vast majority were shot down similarly to cruise missiles. Only a few ballistic missiles landed. Again this shows how powerful Western AD is.
    Of course, there was so much laughter here about the effectiveness of Western ADs. Now it's quiet, they counted several ballistic strikes and it was a great success.

https://t.me/infantmilitario/124323

Last edited by Arrow on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total

xeno, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Eugenio Argentina and lancelot dislike this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:43 am

Palestinian / axis drones can provide battle damage assessment !

Rolling Eyes
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:48 am

Iran launched 185 UAVs, 36 cruise missiles and 110 ballistic missiles at Israel. And a few ballistic missiles hit the targets, which didn't cause much damage either. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:14 am

Arrow wrote:They intercepted over 100 ballistic and cruise missiles, which is amazing

Quite amazing isn't it? Laughing

2024 Iran–Israel conflict - Page 10 Empire10

Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:10 pm

We have an excellent air defense system.
    but we warn that the defense will not be 100%
    clown

"anywhere from 400 to 500 drones and missiles" 
    Israel intercepted 99% of Iran's "response," Ynet said, citing unnamed Israeli officials.
    The good old Banderite playbook.
    First you inflate the number of incoming drones/missiles then you claim 99% or even 105% were shot down.

bad because US will help. S
    Iran stated before the attack that all US bases in the area are targeted by missiles/drones.
    If Biden thinks he can drop a few bombs on Iran like the Us does it with countries like Somalia or Haiti,
    he will have a rude awakening. Well, sort of, regarding his condition.

Well ... mine is that Russkie are carrying a long term maneuver, not a war.
    Russia has enough launchers (ground, sea and air) to shot 1.000+ missiles onto someone.
    At once, of course.

Get serious, the Zio-filth are simply lying, just like they always do, about everything.
    What that attack showed is that they are nearly helpless against ballistic missiles.
    After spending a Trillion on "ABM" systems.

They can claim they shot down every single missile.
    They mostly shot down cheap drones, which were intended to distract the AD systems,
    and some simple ballistic missiles fired by dudes in Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen. Which
    was part of the attack plan, too.
    Most of the cruise missiles were propably decoys as well. Think about all those old Kh-55
    Russia used to fool AD systems.

If that is not a perfect asymmetric answer, then what is?
    Iran and her buddies could do this the whole week.  Very Happy
    Lets see when Israel runs ouf of AD missiles.

SEVEN clear ballistic missiles hits.
    Nevatim airbase was hit even harder, 15 missiles reported.
    Those bases should be the best defended, keep in mind that Israel is dependent on air "power", but...  No

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:12 pm

The only weak spot of the attack, due to the distance between the two countries,
    was the long warning time. Otherwise a lot of planes would have been destroyed.

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, nomadski, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina and LMFS like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:16 pm

The Israelis like the Ukrainians: "we intercepted 101% of the missiles and drones."
    That's what the exaggerated say.
    The most objective will say: "we intercepted 99% of the missiles and what they hit, they did so in open fields, causing innocent victims such as girls and Bedouins."

Laughing

ahmedfire, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:22 pm

In Argentina the media, mainly TV, gave Israel's version, saying that the anti-missile systems had worked perfectly, avoiding major damage.
    Even those who call themselves left-wing have a very biased view in favor of Israel.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Hole wrote:The only weak spot of the attack, due to the distance between the two countries,
    was the long warning time. Otherwise a lot of planes would have been destroyed.

I thought the same . Next time no warning or slow drones . Missiles seem to get through ok . Just use more missiles , with some fired slightly ahead of others with jamming capability .

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:33 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:Impacts in the Ramon airbase near Eilat, in southern Israel, which is protected by patriot defense systems

..and they mean absolutely nothing.

https://t.me/intelslava/57483

In this image you can see about 7 impacts.
    The strange thing is that it seems that the Patriots are activated only after the arrival of the missiles, as seen at the end of the video, with an anti-missile rising.

Cool

littlerabbit likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:35 pm

In my opinion, with the drones and their long flight time, Iran launched a warning attack, so that civilians would go to shelters and thus avoid many casualties in the population.

Cool

ahmedfire, JohninMK, nomadski, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm

Eugenio Argentina wrote:In Argentina the media, mainly TV, gave Israel's version, saying that the anti-missile systems had worked perfectly, avoiding major damage.
    Even those who call themselves left-wing have a very biased view in favor of Israel.

Just look at Argentine's president Milei. This clown looks to me like a complete Zionist stooge selling out his country. Some time ago Argentinian hotels boycotted Roger Waters for his BDS support of the Palestinians.
    All these indications just show how little Argentine has done to get out of America's backyard. As long as it is exploited by "liberal" imperialists its economy will suffer even more. The left vs. right debates are just there to distract the people from this fact. In American puppet states like Germany this is quite similar.

These countries have effectively given Israel a blank cheque for every crime, which makes them responsible for the current escalation.

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina and Hole like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:57 pm

The failure of the Zionist entity's air defense

The Israeli missile explodes without hitting the Iranian missile, which continues its path towards the target.

https://t.me/ResistanceTrench2/5732

Interesting video that shows how an Israeli ABM missile fails to intercept.
    We would have to see the reason: decoy, maneuverable warhead, etc.

Cool

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:00 pm

According to NYT, Israel will respond within 48 h.

nomadski likes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:00 pm

ahmedfire wrote:launched towards them otherwise more people will reserve tickets back to Poland What a Face

Please dont!!! lol1 lol1 lol1

crod wrote:
    sure i saw the clip too....from a distance just like you. but it is a big airbase so for me to consider it a success i would like to see destroyed airframes and architecture. otherwise the base is business as usual, no?

Because the destruction of the IAF base was unlikely to be the Iranians' objective. Sending hives of slow drones gives plenty of time to prepare.  IMHO the point was to show Irahell is not invulnerable to Iranian missiles.  And the  point was proven.

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, LMFS, Hole and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:01 am