Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
d_taddei2
cheesfactory
nero
mnztr
KoTeMoRe
Tai Hai Chen
slasher
Armenian
Godric
ahmedfire
calripson
zorobabel
Mindstorm
Stealthflanker
par far
The Ottoman
Tsavo Lion
Karl Haushofer
Arrow
medo
magnumcromagnon
JohninMK
jhelb
Maximmmm
Sujoy
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Rodion_Romanovic
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
Regular
thegopnik
franco
AbdulhamidtheSecond
miketheterrible
kvs
PapaDragon
lyle6
Isos
nomadski
George1
littlerabbit
47 posters

2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1

Tai Hai Chen
    Tai Hai Chen

2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1

Post  Tai Hai Chen Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Armenian wrote:After Erdogan's statements today on Crimea, things might get very nasty for Turkey and Azerbaijan.

I kinda feel like they crossed all the red lines.

Erdogan is getting ready to send hundreds of TB2 drones built by his slave labor force to slaughter the people in Crimea and Donbas. Putin won't act because of his relationship with Erdogan.
    Armenian
    Armenian

Post  Armenian Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 pm

Tai Hai Chen wrote:Ottomans captured Hadrut. The next target is Stepanakert. Then they'll go after Armenia proper to take the Azeri enclaves in Armenia. Russia won't act because of Putin's relationship with Erdogan. This will prompt Armenia to abandon CSTO and join NATO for protection from Ottomans especially considering Biden / Harris will recognize Artsakh considering California recognizes Artsakh since 2014.

https://twitter.com/cavidaga/status/1317120441924943875?s=21

First thing: They captured %40 of NKR in 93 and lost the war a few months later.

Second thing: We Armenians are able to defend our lands and people, until the last drop of our blood. We are not going to cry for help.

Yes, Russian help is needed as we are fighting with 10 million Azerbaijan and 80 million Turkey. It's not a fair war and getting help would definitely change the situation on the ground.

But that doesn't mean that we should put our hope to Russians or someone else. Russians doesn't own us anything, we just share the same mutual interests for this region.

Expecting Russia to help us because we are Christians and like Russians? Well, It's extremely naive. Countries are rulled according to their interests and we should stop seeking for third parties involvement but rather put the hope in us.

Like many others, I volunteered to army and will join to my brothers soon. I don't have anything against Azerbaijani people, I don't want to kill anyone but it's not about NKR, it's about existence of our nation.

Once they win the war and take control of Artsakh, their next target will be direct link from Azerbaijan to Nakchivan through Megri. No need to be so smart to understand that they will do everything to capture it.

It will continue up until Yerevan, until all Armenians are wiped out from the region. How can an Armanian just sit and watch this happening?

Politicians come and go but what remains is the friendship of the two nations.

Might be my last post. Love and respect to all my Russian friends here.

Last edited by Armenian on Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:03 am; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, franco, medo, kvs, Maximmmm, miketheterrible, nomadski and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 pm

Armenian wrote:

Update us when it is safe and prudent to do so.

May your God go with you and keep you safe and well.

franco likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:14 am

I hope that economic coercion and diplomacy stop the bloodshed. Erdogan is too big for his britches and is not going to get open
    support from NATzO. If Russia makes a move militarily then we have the polarization kicking in and NATzO will be allied with Erdogan
    against ebil Rossians.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:26 am

Well, god speed Armenian. I hope you make it, I really do.

Turkey is cornering itself. Their mention of Crimea and not knowing history is gonna hurt them. They have made enemies nearly everywhere around them and stretched themselves thin. They dont have the money or manpower to take on what they are pushing. And who knows how long Russia's patience will run.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:38 am

Good luck to you Armenian

I hope you guys win this one, give 'em hell

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:44 am

Then why is Armenian army sitting on it's ass instead of defending Armenian territory?
    they r sending army conscripts to NK, as Aliev or his F/DM alleged. As long as there r enough soldiers & arms, no need to involve the army ground units from Armenia proper.
    NK is mountainous & can be defended for years. I heard the Persians couldn't take it. The area produced many Soviet generals, marshals, & 1 admiral. 
    Russian Armenians r rich to afford greazing Georgian palms: https://civil.ge/archives/375797
    Russians won't allow NATO bases in Armenia/NK- they'll depose pro-Western regime there & in Baku if need be.
    Nagorno-Karabakh Fighting Rages On

2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1Pompeo Criticizes Turkey's Role in Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
     2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1Iran's Dilemma in Nagorno-Karabakh
     2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1How Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict Is Playing Out in Washington
    Nagorno-Karabakh Says Death Toll Among Its Military Rises to 604 Since Start of Conflict
    2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1Nagorno-Karabakh Volunteers Get Weapons as Clashes Intensify
    2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1Hours After Truce Agreed, Children Became Orphans in Azerbaijan
    2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1Nagorno-Karabakh: 'Three Dead' in Attack at Azerbaijan Cemetery
    2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1Putin, Erdogan Urge 'Joint Efforts' to End Karabakh Fight: Kremlin
    2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #1 - Page 32 Blkbullet1Armenia's PM Pashinyan Says Karabakh Solution Must Be Acceptable to All
    Exercise with 6 ships, 7 aircraft and more than 400 military started in the Caspian Sea

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am

Azeris don't have a choice. They are being commanded by Turkey, a NATO country. Hell, Azeri generals were getting fired left and right when they tried to oppose Turkey. That's why Russia has not been able to get Azeris to negotiate. Therefore, when Azeris invade Armenia proper to retake Azeri enclaves in Armenia, Putin will again do nothing and that is when Armenia will ditch CSTO and join NATO. NATO wins. Russia loses.

You keep telling us that Putin will do this or that and saying what will or wont happen like you know.

Putin has been very clear. If Armenia asks for help then help will be provided. If Azeris cross certainly likes help will also be provided.

HATO doesn't care about Armenia, their number one goal is to hurt Russia and put troops on as many borders close to Russia as they possibly can... don't know if you can read a map or not but Armenia joining HATO would actually solve the problems Russia has reaching Armenia and cooperating with her because it has no shared border with the country... essentially Armenia joining HATO would be a severance of political and military ties much like Georgia or the Ukraine or Belarus joining HATO... but the obvious problem would be that HATO already has access to the Russian border closest to Armenia via Georgia so little Armenia has no real value to HATO at all... which is why you heave EU calls for action in Belarus but the occasional call for peace in NK.

Armenia and Russia are allies and that would be the only interest HATO has with Armenia, but the suggestion that Putin has gone soft and will do nothing is very amusing... ask apple orchard owners in Poland, or the Ukrainian officials in Crimea or ISIS leaders in the capital city of Syria how soft Putin is...

In 2013 Polish orchard owners were ramping up production to meet the needs of the Russian market for food from the EU... in 2015 they were walking into the cold store rooms they keep their apples in to die because the loss of the Russian market meant they couldn't sell their apples and could not afford to pay back the banks for the money they borrowed to expand production. (Apple store rooms have like a 5% oxygen content to slow the fruit ripening process... fatal to humans... you take a nap and never wake up...)

I think the others are self explanatory...

Putin does not go in guns blazing and killing people left and right for no reason... which is why Israel and Turkey are working with them in Syria instead of directly opposing their presence like the US does...

Russia destroying the Azeri forces would not really help.... it would just escalate things and get HATO involved though I do agree hunting down those Syrian terrorists would be a good thing... a few precision tests of suicide drones etc.

Best of luck... but the best solution is to talk this out in Moscow because solutions made by force and violence just create more reasons to do it again in another 10-20 years time.

Their actions invading the region just prove not letting the former residents in the area come back was the correct decision...

I have been reading about war most of my adult life and the more I read the more I think it is always best avoided where possible...

Look after yourself and your fellow citizens...
    AbdulhamidtheSecond

Post  AbdulhamidtheSecond Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 am

Füzuli is liberated by Azerbaijan Army. Armenian defensive line is passed from behind with a C detour.

https://twitter.com/temmuz1919/status/1317362165385433089?s=20

Video of Azerbaijan UCAVs hitting enemy infantry. Usually UCAVs were used against tactical targets like tanks, artillery, supplies etc. But since Armenia runs out of such targets, crosshairs turned to foot mobiles. This video contains last couple of days and 30+ KIA can be observed just from this video.

Most probably the guy above will also find itself in between crosshairs of UCAVs and wont realize it. How sad. I hope he realizes he is going to fight in internationally recognized Azerbaijani territory and just cancels his bloody trip. If not, may God put him directly under MAM-L falling from sky.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24 am

All the major powers, seem to have decided against open warfare. Since they realise, they have more to loose and less to gain. At least, at this stage. They all seem to be engaged covertly. It remains to be seen, if this situation persists or not. If the fighting slows down or stops. With neither side making  significant gains or losses.

Engaged though, they all are. And as was said, by Armenian, the objectives at least on Azer / Turkey and NATO  side, are clearly aimed at removing Armenia from map. Connecting Turkey with Azer.

The consequences of this possible victory, are immediately (  within 10 to 15 years) , destructive to stability and territorial integrity of Iran. And in the medium term (  15 to 30 years), destructive  to stability and prosperity of central Asia and China.

I hope that Iran and China and Russia, take seriously this threat. And  oppose this Pan - Turkic expansionist and sectarian violent project . Oppose it. Even if right now, it seems, that the problem does not require overt action. Or could be contained.

To the Armenian :  I recognise Artsakh.  I am Iranian. My best friends were Armenian. You have friends in Iran. Who will want to help you. Protect Armenia and Artsakh people and territory. Keep border open.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:17 am

Most probably the guy above will also find itself in between crosshairs of UCAVs and wont realize it. How sad. I hope he realizes he is going to fight in internationally recognized Azerbaijani territory and just cancels his bloody trip. If not, may God put him directly under MAM-L falling from sky.

So when are you going to fight?
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtMoQ0IkdH8&feature=emb_title
    AbdulhamidtheSecond

Post  AbdulhamidtheSecond Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:20 am

GarryB wrote:

I do not. My taxes and donations turn into MAM-Ls, they do the job.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 am

So you are not interested in virgins?
    AbdulhamidtheSecond

Post  AbdulhamidtheSecond Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 am

They are reserved for Arabs who want to end their miserable lives with a good finale.

franco likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:01 pm

@ Arrow

The video shows nothing. BTW, the word " Doshman", is a Persian word. We reserve it for you know who.

@ Abdul

You taxes are buying more head choppers. Now coming to a cinema near you in Azerbaijan.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1131327/%D8%B3%D8%B1-%D8%A8%D8%B1%DB%8C%D8%AF%D9%86-%D9%87%D8%A7-%D9%87%D9%86%D9%88%D8%B2-%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%87-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AF-%D8%B9%DA%A9%D8%B3
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:25 pm

GarryB wrote:

His country did it's homework, did not piss off it's main ally, sponsor & protector and has been investing in it's military hence there is currently no need for him to fight

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:38 pm

Well, while Armenia was ready to piss Russia off a lot, I noticed they dialed it back a lot.

If Armenia was gonna kick Russia out for NATO support, they would be doing it now in the form of attacking Russia via media to keep pushing Russia to do something.  Then using it as an excuse that the defense agreement (csto) is useless. But rather they aren't doing that.  Instead staying mum and saying they didn't ask for help.  All while rumors are showing Russia is helping Armenia.

Azerbaijan, if they keep it up with using terrorists, then they may not like the outcome cause Russia won't be willing to have them sit at their doorstep.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Russia has good relations with both countries and will try to maintain those. She does have a Defense treaty with Armenia to protect her primarily against Turkey. Until Armenia proper is under attack then it is not an issue.

miketheterrible likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:49 pm

franco wrote:Russia has good relations with both countries and will try to maintain those. She does have a Defense treaty with Armenia to protect her primarily against Turkey. Until Armenia proper is under attack then it is not an issue.
    Yes, very true.

BUT, Azerbaijan stepped over the line using Jihadists from Syria because of Turkey. In that case, Russia needs to provide assistance in order to fight off these Jihadists. Tell Azerbaijan if they use them, that Russia is forced to fight Azerbaijan.

Sorry, but Russia has had too much with Muslim terrorism. They have to do it for their own peoples safety cause these Jihadists are nothing but savages and savages should be put down.
    Tai Hai Chen
    Tai Hai Chen

Post  Tai Hai Chen Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Ottomans claim they captured Fuzuli. We shall see if true or not.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    franco wrote:Russia has good relations with both countries and will try to maintain those. She does have a Defense treaty with Armenia to protect her primarily against Turkey. Until Armenia proper is under attack then it is not an issue.
    Yes, very true.

BUT, Azerbaijan stepped over the line using Jihadists from Syria because of Turkey.  In that case, Russia needs to provide assistance in order to fight off these Jihadists.  Tell Azerbaijan if they use them, that Russia is forced to fight Azerbaijan.

Sorry, but Russia has had too much with Muslim terrorism.  They have to do it for their own peoples safety cause these Jihadists are nothing but savages and savages should be put down.

The Azeri's are using the Jihadists as cannon fodder and the Armenians are obliging...win for Russia.

GarryB likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:15 pm

As long as Russia is supplying Armenians, fuck terrorists.
    Tai Hai Chen
    Tai Hai Chen

Post  Tai Hai Chen Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:50 pm

I do believe Turkey and Azerbaijan won't go after Armenia proper to connect Pan Turkic Ottoman empire until Ukraine starts Donbas war. Ukraine just bought 48 TB2 drones which they will use in the upcoming Donbas war. This will give the Ukrainians and the Turkics a pincer movement against Russia. They hope the upcoming Donbas war and the invasion of Armenia proper Putin won't do anything because Putin can't afford to fight a two front war.

Putin will soon realize he will be betrayed by his best buddy Erdogan just like Stalin was betrayed by his best buddy Hitler. S-400 will soon be transferred from Turkey to the US for analysis.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Reports of a russian navy exercice in the middle of the Caspian sea in front of Baku.

Another S-300 attacked and destroyed. Bad for Armenia. It seems to be in middle of mountains which would ve weired deployment. Probably another fake.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee1/status/1317444920374890496

Matter of time before Putin is obliged to go in. Will be horrible for Azerbaijan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:42 am