Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
Maximmmm
nero
kvs
ucmvulcan
crod
GarryB
Tingsay
zorobabel
Scorpius
LMFS
JohninMK
Kiko
ALAMO
VARGR198
Firebird
Azi
Rasisuki Nebia
Rodion_Romanovic
Krepost
Werewolf
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
SolidarityWithRussia
PhSt
adder
Kriva
lyle6
zepia
SeigSoloyvov
PapaDragon
The Ottoman
Backman
miketheterrible
nomadski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Ghoster
wilhelm
Arsenic
Big_Gazza
bitcointrader70
George1
caveat emptor
Singular_Transform
dino00
Mir
Urluber
Finty
Pacense
Arkanghelsk
Hole
hoom
Cheetah
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
Ispan
billybatts91
Yugo90
flamming_python
Isos
par far
owais.usmani
Lurk83
auslander
teh_beard
d_taddei2
mr_hd
EkErilaz
ali.a.r
Karl Haushofer
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
jhelb
limb
mnztr
Airbornewolf
Vann7
Regular
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
rigoletto
89 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Cheetah
    Cheetah

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Cheetah Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Finty wrote:
    #BREAKING: EU countries will provide #Ukraine with 'fighter jets' under Brussels funding, says
    @JosepBorrellF

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1498030112230592512

We can give them some of our Tornado GR4s... joke.

Australia said it will provide funding for these.

My people?

Makes sense. First they pour money into the F-35 program, then into French nuclear subs, that they want to refit to be diesel powered, now they want to pay for GR4s to go to Ukraine.
    Wasting money seems to be our forte.

topolm, Big_Gazza, teh_beard, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Hole Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:14 pm

http://crd.yerphi.am/files/Baykar_catalog_eng.pdf
    Page 26 shows the simulator.

Airbornewolf and Arkanghelsk like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:15 pm

Hard to find good twitter channels due to disinfo from all sides, but you can check this for losses

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

TG channels to follow

https://t.me/Ugolok_Sitha

https://t.me/lostarmour

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija

https://t.me/voynareal

https://t.me/milinfolive

Some of them have Ukrainian/Russian propaganda but use your own head and filter info.

What most twitter people like Rob Lee do is just copy and paste those videos all fucking day and give plaform to discuss them when TG channels are usually dry direct info
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:15 pm

Vitaliy Bayurin, skinny **** who helped make ethereum, is against putin and Russia over this. Of course he is doing it obviously for fake praises in the west. But it's funny how redditers are on side of Ukraine (yet are quick to call others nazis when they themselves are supporting nazis) and say no one is on Putins side. Except for majority of Russia.

So I would presume that Baturin is of course a fake Russian patriot. I'll enjoy dumping my ETH for actions especially after eth 2.0

kvs, Broski and Urluber like this post

Cheetah
    Cheetah

Post  Cheetah Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:16 pm

bitcointrader70 wrote:Yes they did. They have claimed they shot down 4 in total all full of vdv paratroopers. Ghost of Kiev false. Snake island 13 dead. False they all surrendered and are alive.

Several fakes of captured Russian soldiers.

Several fakes of Ukraine women crying about men leaving to fight were from Eastern Ukraine.

Claims of 5000 Russian troops dead fake.

Claims of of Russian tank running over civil car was actually a Ukraine strela 10.  

Several claims of them shooting down Russian planes were also false.

This propaganda we have never seen before honestly.

Not even the soviets lies this hard to be quite frank.

You've only scratched the surface.
    I've got a list with quite a few more bullet points on it.
    ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:16 pm

[quote="bitcointrader70"]
    Finty wrote:
    bitcointrader70 wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Finty wrote:
    French President Emmanuel Macron asks his Belarusian counterpart Lukashenko to quickly order Russian troops to leave.

On a phone call late on Feb. 26, Macron told Lukashenko that Belarus should “refuse to be a vassal and an accomplice to Russia in the war against Ukraine.”

Can you stop using this source on this forum. They share only ukrainian propaganda. Thanks.

Yeah they claimed 500 ill76 shot down by Ukraine. Not one proof of wreckage meanwhile that same day 2 Ukraine planes were shot down.

No one claimed that many. Also it's Il-76 not ill

Yes they did. They have claimed they shot down 4 in total all full of vdv paratroopers. Ghost of Kiev false. Snake island 13 dead. False they all surrendered and are alive.

Several fakes of Ukraine women crying about men leaving to fight were from Eastern Ukraine.

Claims of of Russian tank running over civil car was actually a Ukraine strela 10.  

Russia does not understand the media war. Russian hackers should bring down western portals.

Arsenic likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:16 pm

Huge explosion.

Big_Gazza, LMFS, Hole, Finty, Broski, Arkanghelsk, Urluber and Arsenic like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:17 pm

Cheetah wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Finty wrote:
    #BREAKING: EU countries will provide #Ukraine with 'fighter jets' under Brussels funding, says
    @JosepBorrellF

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1498030112230592512

We can give them some of our Tornado GR4s... joke.

Australia said it will provide funding for these.

My people?

Makes sense. First they pour money into the F-35 program, then into French nuclear subs, that they want to refit to be diesel powered, now they want to pay for GR4s to go to Ukraine.

Do not make Australia look so innocent.

Australia has defrauded at least hundreds of millions of dollars out of Poland, regarding a non-existent atomic power plant feasibility study.

Continent of criminals.

I guess it is all in the genes.

Last edited by Odin of Ossetia on Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:17 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    Russia does not understand the media war. Russian hackers should bring down western portals.

Problem...could invoke article 5 of NATO.
    bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:18 pm

Cheetah wrote:
    bitcointrader70 wrote:Yes they did. They have claimed they shot down 4 in total all full of vdv paratroopers. Ghost of Kiev false. Snake island 13 dead. False they all surrendered and are alive.

You've only scratched the surface.
    I've got a list with quite a few more bullet points on it.
    Post it

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:19 pm

https://twitter.com/Mxge0002/status/1498042433808052229?t=O5OAx_wwXbjm7e2wSxvp0A&s=19

Looks like T72B3M, not T90 as they claim. Looks like it wasn't damaged but broke down.
    Cheetah
    Cheetah

Post  Cheetah Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Cheetah wrote:
    My people?

Do not make Australia look so innocent.

Australia has defrauded at least hundreds of millions of dollars out of Poland, regarding a non-existent atomic power plant feasibility study.

Continent of criminals.

I guess it is all in the genes.

Mate, there's a reason I'm on the Russia Defence Forum, and not spreading Ozzy superiority memes in some backwater website, like Facebook or Twitter.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, teh_beard and Broski like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Azi wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:

No it wouldn't.

That said, maybe Russia may have to target crypto exchanges as people are donating to the nature groups.
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:22 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:...
    Yeah the Russians are being super quiet all things considered, suggesting Putin doesn't want anyone saying anything.

Idk if Putin is really hand cuffing his guys this bad someone needs to grow a pair and tell him

Enough is enough he needs to let them fight properly.

Correct

You'd expect to see Russian Military but instead they are using enlarged version of DPR militia

Where is airforce?

Where are cruise missiles?

Where is artillery?

This is like watching Saudis fighting a war but at least Saudis are intelligent enough to use the missiles and airforce

And Russian corpses keep piling up

We should be seeing several highways of death of Ukrainian vehicles per hour but instead we have Russian convoys torched like they hired bunch of Saddam's rejects to do this for them

They shredded their economy and global status for this?

At this rate Soviet-Afghan War and fall of USSR will look like the good old days

I think the aim is to borrow an American Euphemism, to win hearts and minds. Putin wants to set the stage for a "denazified" and "demilitarized" Ukraine and that means being able to install a government that can police the country. You cannot install a government -that can keep in power- if its viewed as the servant of an occupying state that brutalizes the natives. As an American I saw brutality against Iraqi civilians fail to do anything but radicalize an Islamicist insurgency and create a bloody decade long civil war that ultimately saw Iraq fall into the orbit of the Iranians. In Afghanistan? Anti terror operations, though brutal, did nothing but create the tragedy of the Kabul Airport where our allies in country fell from the wheel wells of our fleeing transport planes.

Unfortunately, its a damned if you do/damned if you don't affair. If you use kid gloves, fanatics can hide amongst civilians and attack you and your logistics networks. If you use blunt force, and civilians start dying by the thousands, then you create a population that haaaaates you and you are in a far weaker position than you were before the war.

My personal fear, and I am not some yankee cheerleader, is that as this war continues it is going to escalate from a war where the Russian military tries to use finesse and velvet gloves into a situation where they attempt blunt force and brutality.

teh_beard, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:25 pm

Just been having a quick look back on TB2 drones being shot down. Ukraine received 6 TB2 drones and 200 smart munitions. And September last year they placed another order for 24 drones to be delivered by end of 2022. The Ukrainian navy received one for testing for naval operations July last year.

Two were downed in the Donbass there was footage and pics on twitter of the remains however when I went to visit the links says they have been removed due violation of Twitter rules.

Three claimed to be shot down on Sunday (today) no footage unless someone has pics or videos of this.

One was shot down in November 2021 pics confirmed this.

And we don't know how many have been destroyed in air strikes if any.

And we don't know how many smart munitions they have left.

So if all the reports of drones being shot down are correct means that they would only have one left most likely the naval one. And we aren't sure if any of the drones from the order back in September have been delivered, although it's very unlikely due to time frame if any has been delivered.

So what I can conclude is either they have zero left and the videos we see are fake, or the reports of three being taking down on Sunday aren't true and they still have at least three left in service plus one naval one. And that's presuming that zero have been taken out on the ground by airstrikes.

To be honest it doesn't look great for Ukraine, at best three TB2 left flying and for the size of the country slow flying drones would take a very long time to cover.

Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:25 pm

Orlan wrote:https://twitter.com/Mxge0002/status/1498042433808052229?t=O5OAx_wwXbjm7e2wSxvp0A&s=19

Looks like T72B3M, not T90 as they claim. Looks like it wasn't damaged but broke down.

Just like you said.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:25 pm

flamming_python wrote:The Russian forces are basically acting as if they're liberating their own territory. They're going into local shops and buying things. Grouping up in cities discussing things. Following all the traffic regulations, letting civilian cars pass in front and through their columns.

Which is just. I dunno.

If it works, it will be a hell of a dezombification dose for the Ukrainians. If not, it will end up like the 1st Chechen war.

Don't you think Ukrainians think that you are the ones zombified? Dezombification is also very interesting term, I can only imagine one way zombie can be dezombified.

Have you seen those videos of people trying to stop Russian columns? Your opinion on them?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1497972204851634191

https://twitter.com/i/status/1497855835862708229

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:25 pm

Hole wrote:War criminal and serial liar Borrell admitted that they can´t block the reserves of the Russian Central Bank because the Russians put their reserves where the west can´t block them. Laughing

Not to forget that Russia has huge gold reserves. How I envy that they live in a sovereign country.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:27 pm

Azi wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:

Oh dear God, a nuclear apocalypse because someone did something on the interwebz. Well I always knew the net would bring down civilization, but I didn't think it would be like that.

GarryB, Werewolf, LMFS and Arkanghelsk like this post

Cheetah
    Cheetah

Post  Cheetah Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:28 pm

bitcointrader70 wrote:Post it

I'll be honest, I missed your first line, which was pretty much most of them. Add to that the more specific claims of downed aircraft, like the Su-27 and Su-25 over Ukraine's west, as well as an Antonov, at one point.

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:30 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Yeah the Russians are being super quiet all things considered, suggesting Putin doesn't want anyone saying anything.

Idk if Putin is really hand cuffing his guys this bad someone needs to grow a pair and tell him

Correct

You'd expect to see Russian Military but instead they are using enlarged version of DPR militia

Where is airforce?

Where is artillery?

This is like watching Saudis fighting a war but at least Saudis are intelligent enough to use the missiles and airforce

We should be seeing several highways of death of Ukrainian vehicles per hour but instead we have Russian convoys torched like they hired bunch of Saddam's rejects to do this for them

At this rate Soviet-Afghan War and fall of USSR will look like the good old days

I think the aim is to borrow an American Euphemism, to win hearts and minds.  Putin wants to set the stage for a "denazified" and "demilitarized" Ukraine and that means being able to install a government that can police the country.  You cannot install a government -that can keep in power- if its viewed as the servant of an occupying state that brutalizes the natives.  As an American I saw brutality against Iraqi civilians fail to do anything but radicalize an Islamicist insurgency and create a bloody decade long civil war that ultimately saw Iraq fall into the orbit of the Iranians.  In Afghanistan? Anti terror operations, though brutal, did nothing but create the tragedy of the Kabul Airport where our allies in country fell from the wheel wells of our fleeing transport planes.  

Unfortunately, its a damned if you do/damned if you don't affair.  If you use kid gloves, fanatics can hide amongst civilians and attack you and your logistics networks.  If you use blunt force, and civilians start dying by the thousands, then you create a population that haaaaates you and you are in a far weaker position than you were before the war.  

My personal fear, and I am not some yankee cheerleader, is that as this war continues it is going to escalate from a war where the Russian military tries to use finesse and velvet gloves into a situation where they attempt blunt force and brutality.  

I guess use brute force, but only selectively.

And why is Putin so brutal in Syria?

Arsenic
    Arsenic

Post  Arsenic Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:31 pm

"Lost Armour" internet site, is not bad to see the loss.

Regular, d_taddei2 and Arkanghelsk like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:35 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Correct

Where is airforce?

Where is artillery?

I think the aim is to borrow an American Euphemism, to win hearts and minds.  Putin wants to set the stage for a "denazified" and "demilitarized" Ukraine and that means being able to install a government that can police the country.  You cannot install a government -that can keep in power- if its viewed as the servant of an occupying state that brutalizes the natives.  As an American I saw brutality against Iraqi civilians fail to do anything but radicalize an Islamicist insurgency and create a bloody decade long civil war that ultimately saw Iraq fall into the orbit of the Iranians.  In Afghanistan? Anti terror operations, though brutal, did nothing but create the tragedy of the Kabul Airport where our allies in country fell from the wheel wells of our fleeing transport planes.  

Unfortunately, its a damned if you do/damned if you don't affair.  If you use kid gloves, fanatics can hide amongst civilians and attack you and your logistics networks.  If you use blunt force, and civilians start dying by the thousands, then you create a population that haaaaates you and you are in a far weaker position than you were before the war.  

The great mistake of the United States in Iraq was to destroy its armed force and its moderate political structure. That exit went to the extremists and paramilitaries. That is what Russia does not want. It is important for Russia to use sociologists and researchers.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and lancelot like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:36 pm

Arsenic wrote:"Lost Armour" internet site, is not bad to see the loss.

It can't keep up with the losses and it's slow. Plenty of discussions there with direct sources, it will be filled with destroyed equipment soon

https://lostarmour.info/armour/

d_taddei2 likes this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 pm

Finty wrote:
    French President Emmanuel Macron asks his Belarusian counterpart Lukashenko to quickly order Russian troops to leave.

On a phone call late on Feb. 26, Macron told Lukashenko that Belarus should “refuse to be a vassal and an accomplice to Russia in the war against Ukraine.”

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1497742637427834880

That's enough. Stop the phone chatter with this "Manu" immature dumbwit right now and get along with bright guys such as Eric Zemmour. In France, Zemmour is perfidiously called a "rightist".

kvs, Azi and miketheterrible like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:56 am