Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
chinggis
11E
Karl Haushofer
Yugo90
teh_beard
owais.usmani
MMBR
Ispan
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
psg
ahmedfire
ult
caveat emptor
Ned86
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
crod
LMFS
Airbornewolf
ludovicense
diabetus
wilhelm
Boshoed
Arrow
VARGR198
Odin of Ossetia
Broski
ArgentinaGuard
par far
pavi
kvs
GarryB
Hole
JohninMK
mavaff
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
Urluber
Hinex1988
RTN
ALAMO
lancelot
lyle6
TMA1
Scorpius
mnztr
mnrck
Krepost
Big_Gazza
Erk
Serberus
PhSt
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
ATLASCUB
nomadski
Firebird
Regular
Azi
littlerabbit
franco
sepheronx
Isos
Eugenio Argentina
PapaDragon
Podlodka77
Belisarius
limb
Arkanghelsk
Hannibal Barca
Dr.Snufflebug
flamming_python
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
zorobabel
80 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  PhSt Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:10 am

diabetus wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    diabetus wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    Isos wrote:Not confirmed but could be first image of Moskva.

Doubt its fake and it does look like the ship was hit mid-ship - so highly likely a missile strike...very sad sight.

Yep but doesn't seem that much damaged.

I guess if they recover it they can put it back into servuce fairly easily.

It sank.

You can rzcover sanked ships you know ?

What's the point for a burned out 40 year old hull?

Recover the missiles, modify them for land attack role and send them flying to Kiev attack
    Mir
    Mir

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  Mir Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:14 am

There is the question of possible nuclear weapons on board and if there are any they will certainly at least recover those and any bodies that might have gone down with the ship. The rest will probably be blown to pieces. Can't imagine they would want to recover the ship.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:16 am

Yipes
    diabetus

Post  diabetus Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:36 am

PhSt wrote:
    diabetus wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    diabetus wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Mir wrote:

Doubt its fake and it does look like the ship was hit mid-ship - so highly likely a missile strike...very sad sight.

Yep but doesn't seem that much damaged.

I guess if they recover it they can put it back into servuce fairly easily.

It sank.

You can rzcover sanked ships you know ?

What's the point for a burned out 40 year old hull?

Recover the missiles, modify them for land attack role and send them flying to Kiev attack

Probably much easier and cheaper to go with kalibr and iskander...

Mir likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:41 am

The image apparently dated at 15th. or like 1 day or at least several hours after she was attacked.

Obviously twitterland picked it up as "No storm" etc.. but they're using static weather map so they might be mislead by it. One curious thing is the 3R41 radar are in "neutral position" while no sign of the OSA's operational, the launcher didnt pop out of their tubes.

So i'm still thinking it's mine rather than missile. However if it's indeed a missile we might see INS Hanit 2.0 except this time more catasthropic. Also i heard that sprinkler system onboard Moskva malfucntioned and not repaired for long time. That will complicates fire-fighting effort.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:27 am

PapaDragon wrote:Quintana should have known better than to f*ck some Ukrainian skank ape without a condom

Read this with my morning coffee... snorted so hard it squirted out my nose onto the keybrd!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Could not agree more Razz

GarryB likes this post

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:51 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    It's definitely Slava-class hence Moskva and at that location there's no way it was ammo fire or mine

This was missile hit (smack in the middle of CIWS coverage)  No

Inconclusive.

Missile ingress holes are not visible (The smoke, ash and soot makes it impossible to see anything clearly).

Judging from the black soot coming out of hull "windows", looks like the middle one/third of the ship (where the engines are) suffered from fire inside the hull.

Cause could be:
    - Missile hit
    - Internal explosion/fire (possibly from the engine compartment)
    - Mine
    - Divers with underwater drones

Need further pictures.

flamming_python and Arkanghelsk like this post

psg
    psg

Post  psg Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:56 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 30 Img_2011
    This pic is slightly clearer, also as someone pointed out on twitter the life rafts have been used. The crane has been moved/used for some reason.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:11 am

I cannot understand this fixation on the Moskva. The ship is lost, it would seem just logic to wait for reliable data and in the meantime focus in the big picture and the war deciding events, but for some folks speculating endlessly and feeding allislostism is the only activity worth their time. What a bunch of losers No

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Erk, Ispan, Hole and like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:16 am

Graham Phillips journalist driving into Mariupol today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OubfGIupgWE

Patrick Lancaster in Ukrainian Mariupol Strong Hold "ILICHA" now under Russian Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LrT7OrLufA

LMFS, Broski and Urluber like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:22 am

checked the map a while ago, is there any breakthrough anymore? I feel like we will be lucky that this war finishes within a year. Anyone have time estimates?
    Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:30 am

thegopnik wrote:checked the map a while ago, is there any breakthrough anymore? I feel like we will be lucky that this war finishes within a year. Anyone have time estimates?
    Putin said that operation could go faster but they want to end this war with minimal looses. Thats why it will take longer. Its nothing wrong if it takes 2 or 3 years for final victory.

franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:32 am

thegopnik wrote:checked the map a while ago, is there any breakthrough anymore? I feel like we will be lucky that this war finishes within a year. Anyone have time estimates?

Why the impatience?

Russia could end the war in days, just nuke everything west of the Dnieper river, making the Ukrainian forces in Donbass starve unless food comes to them from Russia.

I am sure the civilians west of the Dnieper wouldn't like that, so the Russians go a bit slower.

Big_Gazza, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:44 am

Yugo90 wrote:
    Putin said that operation could go faster but they want to end this war with minimal looses. Thats why it will take longer. Its nothing wrong if it takes 2 or 3 years for final victory.

A well armed enemy that has been digging in for years, numbering 40,000-60,000, directed and supplied intelligence by nato, across a large front is not going to beaten in a week.
    Massive offensive is expected soon, we should see bigger results once it kicks off.

Also it’s  not like gains haven’t been made.
    Izyum taken,areas south and east of it as well, other smaller places around Kharkov, Volnovakha, Mariupol (minus azovstal), most of LNR territory, Popasna looks to be almost cleared, don’t forget Kherson, Berdyansk, Melitopol earlier on , these are large areas and are firmly under control.
    They will break sooner or later.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:53 am

Serberus wrote:
    Yugo90 wrote:

A well armed enemy that has been digging in for years, numbering 40,000-60,000, directed and supplied intelligence by nato, across a large front is not going to beaten in a week.
    Massive offensive is expected soon, we should see bigger results once it kicks off.

Izyum taken,areas south and east of it as well, other smaller places around Kharkov, Volnovakha, Mariupol (minus azovstal), most of LNR territory, Popasna looks to be almost cleared, don’t forget Kherson, Berdyansk, Melitopol earlier on , these are large areas and are firmly under control.

Popasna, Izyum.. At this rate of gain Zelensky will get his 10 years of war that he threatens

But nevertheless the high-tempo advance will begin very shortly I feel. All preparatory work has been done it looks like. Fingers crossed

Mir likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:08 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    Yugo90 wrote:

Popasna, Izyum.. At this rate of gain Zelensky will get his 10 years of war that he threatens

But nevertheless the high-tempo advance will begin very shortly I feel. All preparatory work has been done it looks like. Fingers crossed

And he can have it. Slowly by then more and more territory will be taken up by LDNR and Russia, while western Ukraine will start to collapse as people will start to really blame the leadership including the west for continuing to push this conflict on.

GarryB, Eugenio Argentina and Mir like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:14 am

LMFS wrote:I cannot understand this fixation on the Moskva. The ship is lost, it would seem just logic to wait for reliable data and in the meantime focus in the big picture and the war deciding events, but for some folks speculating endlessly and feeding allislostism is the only activity worth their time. What a bunch of losers No
    I agree. I just think it would have been better if the MoD had not lied about it and had made the situation clear immediately.

That is the source of the fixation and speculation.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:16 am

I already predicted the war would go for 10 years

Eugenio Argentina dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:25 am

zorobabel wrote:
    LMFS wrote:I cannot understand this fixation on the Moskva. The ship is lost, it would seem just logic to wait for reliable data and in the meantime focus in the big picture and the war deciding events, but for some folks speculating endlessly and feeding allislostism is the only activity worth their time. What a bunch of losers No
    I agree. I just think it would have been better if the MoD had not lied about it and had made the situation clear immediately.

They didn't lie, they didn't say anything untrue as far as I can tell

GarryB, franco, JohninMK and Eugenio Argentina like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:06 am

Russian held territory prior to the operation
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 30 F2434710

Russian held territory since the commencement of the operation

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 30 Afba5510

Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe losses and probably an underestimate:
    20,000 KIA. 15,000 WIA. 2500POW
    Navy destroyed
    Air force , whatever is left of it , flying basically suicide missions
    Armoured vehicle losses close to 2000

Seriously some of you are acting like babies

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Ispan, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:16 am

zorobabel wrote:I agree. I just think it would have been better if the MoD had not lied about it and had made the situation clear immediately.

I rather think the source of speculation is that some people are either 5th columnists trying to undermine the spirit of their enemy or losers that can only focus on losing (ergo 6th columnists), it happens the same with every setback, casualty, downed plane or helicopter, bombed piece of infrastructure and so on, it is beyond ridiculous. During war you will get the information the command deems appropriate when they see it fit, period, nobody gives a damn about random Joes' opinions.

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, Mir and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:13 am

Serberus wrote:A well armed enemy that has been digging in for years, numbering 40,000-60,000, directed and supplied intelligence by nato, across a large front is not going to beaten in a week....

Apes is fancy suits and expensive rides

Any half decent traffic police would have exterminated them by now, they continue to exist because Russia is softballing this

Arkanghelsk wrote:I already predicted the war would go for 10 years

If we get 10 million dead Ukrainian Nazis on the other end I say go full 10 years

crod
    crod

Post  crod Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:21 am

I assume one of the goals post this conflict is that the remainder of the Ukraine is a landlocked nation?

Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, Mir, Broski, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:30 am

crod wrote:I assume one of the goals post this conflict is that the remainder of the Ukraine is a landlocked nation?

Yes, and whose principal exports will prostitutes and laborers. Those who are too ugly to be whores, or too weak to be laborers will need to clean toilets. Razz

GarryB, teh_beard, Ispan, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:44 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Serberus wrote:A well armed enemy that has been digging in for years, numbering 40,000-60,000, directed and supplied intelligence by nato, across a large front is not going to beaten in a week....

Apes is fancy suits and expensive rides

Any half decent traffic police would have exterminated them by now, they continue to exist because Russia is softballing this

Arkanghelsk wrote:I already predicted the war would go for 10 years

If we get 10 million dead Ukrainian Nazis on the other end I say go full 10 years

Apes or not your views are based outside the realms of reality.
    In comparison, The US empire and its puppets combined, with an almost unlimited budget, a conventional military power second to none, couldn’t defeat a bunch of farmers and cave dwellers for 20 years, who also had almost no external help.

Have there been setbacks and losses? Yes
    Can Russia do more? Certainly and I hope they do.
    Are they losing and is the operation a failure so far? Most definitely not

But some of you are acting as if Banderistan is about to roll up to Moscow, it’s getting tiresome scrolling past your rants.

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, jhelb and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:17 pm