Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
nero
marcellogo
SeigSoloyvov
SolidarityWithRussia
walle83
Cyrus the great
calripson
Belisarius
Urluber
Odin of Ossetia
diabetus
Scorpius
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
billybatts91
LMFS
Firebird
teh_beard
caveat emptor
RTN
franco
Giulio
lancelot
Broski
VARGR198
Regular
0nillie0
limb
ATLASCUB
kvs
George1
Big_Gazza
Mir
nomadski
Erk
Arrow
GarryB
ALAMO
MMBR
owais.usmani
Krepost
Airbornewolf
Singular_Transform
Eugenio Argentina
Ispan
Yugo90
Kiko
Azi
ucmvulcan
jhelb
PapaDragon
sepheronx
GunshipDemocracy
ludovicense
JohninMK
Stealthflanker
Hinex1988
d_taddei2
mnztr
lyle6
Sujoy
Hole
Arkanghelsk
zorobabel
mavaff
Serberus
flamming_python
Podlodka77
Isos
Dr.Snufflebug
par far
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:33 pm

What is this?

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:35 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 12 Fq1n8e10

Unusual gun emplacement, bit limited on angle of fire but concealment of tank itself is very good. Laughing

Not gonna lie, I have questions (guy in the photo does as well)

Broski likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Sujoy wrote:H I Sutton states in his blog that there is "strong circumstantial evidence" that russian submarines are launching cruise missiles at Ukraine

http://www.hisutton.com/Russian-Submarines-Launching-Missiles-Ukraine.html

But Klub missiles launched from Russian subs especially in the Black Sea will probably have to fly over NATO airspace.

Unless Turkey decided to play dumb
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:40 pm

Bits and bobs

marqs
    @MarQs__
    ·
    5h
    Russian forces destroyed all food warehouses in #Sievierodonetsk - #Luhansk Governor
    #LPR troops reached the border of the #Kharkiv region and cleared the road to Kharkiv - @ntvru
    Russian forces are now advancing from staging areas in the Donbas towards #Kramatorsk, which continues to suffer from persistent rocket attacks - @DefenceHQ
    "Kadyrovites [Chechens] appeared in the #Kherson region. They set up their headquarters in the village of Novopetrivka"

@Suriyak
    @Suriyakmaps
    ·
    5h
    Fifty seventh day of combats began with announcement of #Russian M.O.D about important surrender of #Ukrainian troops inside the area of Azovstal. It's expected the remaining troops will continue surrender in the next days as pressure of #RussianArmy & #DPR will increase

Armchair Warlord
    @ArmchairW
    ·
    9h
    Replying to
    @DunkEasy

@AntDisgruntled
    and 5 others
    NLAW is incredibly overdesigned.  Too heavy and bulky to carry in the assault, too short-ranged to use from proper standoff, basically unguided, massive overkill for most targets but super marginal when fired against tanks frontally like it was designed to be.

Gleb Bazov
    @gbazov
    ·
    9h
    #FLASH
    1—#Russia refuses even to discuss a “humanitarian corridor” for #Azov to evacuate: “Azov can surrender if it wants.”
    2—No one in #RF talking about #Medvedchuk.
    3—No “holiday-related” ceasefires are planned now or in the future.
    I am getting calmer by the hour.
    Good night.

Last edited by JohninMK on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Yugo90, Broski and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:42 pm

Probably decided that the risk of Russia attacking is low so are moving them to somewhere where they would be of use.

Victor
    @Vick_top55
    1/2 Are the Nazis preparing to surrender Odessa?

Evacuation trains are sent from Odessa to Uzhgorod and Chernivtsi.  And it’s not Odessa residents who are being evacuated, because the train includes not only passenger cars, but also cars with military equipment and army property  and there are many military people among the passengers.

Is Kyiv surrendering Odessa or preparing for a conflict with Hungary and Romania? https://t.me/vicktop55/3327 #vicktop55

Off to join this lot

Gleb Bazov
    @gbazov
    ·
    29m
    #UKRAINE/#RUSSIA—Losses of the #Ukrainian forces in #RF-led campaign, as of April 21, 2022, according to #Rybar, with access to internal #UA military reports:
    Tanks—503
    IFVs—1,598
    Personnel: 24,511 KIA, 15,823 WIA

Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:49 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:52 pm

JohninMK wrote:Probably decided that the risk of Russia attacking is low so are moving them to somewhere where they would be of use.

Victor
    @Vick_top55

Evacuation trains are sent from Odessa to Uzhgorod and Chernivtsi.  And it’s not Odessa residents who are being evacuated, because the train includes not only passenger cars, but also cars with military equipment and army property  and there are many military people among the passengers.

Is Kyiv surrendering Odessa or preparing for a conflict with Hungary and Romania? https://t.me/vicktop55/3327 #vicktop55

Off to join this lot

Gleb Bazov
    @gbazov
    ·
    29m
    #UKRAINE/#RUSSIA—Losses of the #Ukrainian forces in #RF-led campaign, as of April 21, 2022, according to #Rybar, with access to internal #UA military reports:
    Tanks—503
    IFVs—1,598
    Personnel: 24,511 KIA, 15,823 WIA

If indeed this is a military only evacuation from Odessa it makes a nice target for Russian air force. Russia most likely knew a withdrawal would happen once the Donbass battle reached a certain stage maybe it's why little attacks were seen in Odessa just enough to keep a little pressure.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and JohninMK like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Updates

1) Spain has shipped 200 tonnes of military material, including heavy transport vehicles, to Ukraine: Spanish PM

2) Russian FSB report several Ukrainian citizens detained in Melitopol, and arsenal seized, including MANPADS, anti-tank mines and other ammunition

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:02 pm

RTN wrote:Low IQ Shoigu back from the dead and giving his half baked advice. This fellow was never in the military. Just an ordinary Putin henchman.

Strong statements from a contry where every SoB  SoF was never ever a military just civilian population mass murderers,  henchmen of local oligarchy. Plus a president is brain dead run by Musk neuro chips. BTW with plenty of bugs like being scared by  bunny lol1 lol1 lol1

Any special news you wanted to say mate? Cheers

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski, Belisarius, Podlodka77 and ucmvulcan like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:07 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:...I decided against it.  But I will make sure to keep an eye on it.  I dont want to get my child or myself into trouble.

Just explain things to her yourself and tell her that she can ignore that nonsense at school

If anyone tries to give her a test or a grade connected to that make sure she knows that she is free to ignore it or flunk it

Only thing that matters is that she knows that she has your personal blessing to get an F in that case

Yes, I will make sure to sit her down and talk to her.

I know my wifes friend was making talking points about the war and my wife had to tell her that she isn't getting the story at all because she has now a deep hatred for Ukrainians when they were using Indians as hostages/shields and openly threatened India.

d_taddei2 wrote:Updates

1) Spain has shipped 200 tonnes of military material, including heavy transport vehicles, to Ukraine: Spanish PM

2) Russian FSB report several Ukrainian citizens detained in Melitopol, and arsenal seized, including MANPADS, anti-tank mines and other ammunition

It seems NATO has no trouble equipping LDNR forces.

Last edited by sepheronx on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Broski and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:08 pm

JohninMK wrote:What is this?

You are addressing this Mickey Mouse?
    Opened hatches that make a back cover for rotating machine gun stations on the roof.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:09 pm

Sujoy wrote:

Hungary as well:

https://hungarytoday.hu/fm-szijjarto-eu-epf-supplying-weapons-ukraine-war/

Since the beginning of the Russian invasion, the Orbán government has maintained the position that Hungary is not involved in any form of direct arms transfers to Ukraine.

Meanwhile, according to a relevant government decree, only non-lethal equipment, such as protective and medical equipment, and fuel are allowed to pass directly through Hungary’s borders to Ukraine, but others such as weapons are not.

GarryB, Sujoy, d_taddei2, Hole, Broski and Urluber like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:12 pm

If US is overthrown by Cvina, all thos minions in the east will be destroyed by Russia (Lituania and Poland will get a special treatement). Hungary will be safe.

Hannibal Barca, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:13 pm

RTN wrote:Low IQ Shoigu back from the dead and giving his half baked advice. This fellow was never in the military. Just an ordinary Putin henchman.

He's a real warrior

You guys haven't fought a war in 20 years, and I doubt you will for another 20 years

Not much confidence in your military

So you lurk in russian forum, well I would too if I didn't have anything to write home about

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, lyle6, Broski, Urluber and Podlodka77 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:23 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:

He's a real warrior

You guys haven't fought a war in 20 years, and I doubt you will for another 20 years

Not much confidence in your military

So you lurk in russian forum, well I would too if I didn't have anything to write home about

Oh, sure they did.
    And lost any single one.
    If you are taking this clown out of my trashcan, let it be productive at least Laughing Laughing

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and Mir like this post

0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:31 pm

No idea, i have never seen this vehicle. I even doubt it is Russian made, but should be Riot control vehicle without dozer blade or front mounted screen.

Would be nice to know what it is. Styling reminds me of the Karatel by ZIL but i can not make out the logo on the front (if that even is a logo).
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:40 pm

JohninMK wrote:Probably decided that the risk of Russia attacking is low so are moving them to somewhere where they would be of use.

Victor
    @Vick_top55

Don't keep her waiting.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 12 394

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, LMFS, Hole, lyle6 and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:46 pm

0nillie0 wrote:

No idea, i have never seen this vehicle. I even doubt it is Russian made, but should be Riot control vehicle without dozer blade or front mounted screen.

Would be nice to know what it is. Styling reminds me of the Karatel by ZIL but i can not make out the logo on the front (if that even is a logo).

Doesn't look "Russian" so could be capture riot control vehicle or some type of command vehicle?

0nillie0 likes this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:18 pm

flamming_python wrote:Point is plan B is going well

Everyone knows that plan A failed

No one has any idea what plan A was. Certainly it was not to try an take Kiev with 40,000 troops.

zepia, Eugenio Argentina, Broski, Arkanghelsk, Belisarius, Podlodka77 and ucmvulcan like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:20 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:No, how it needs to cross NATO airspace ? There is already like 2 Kalibr capable Kilo boats in black sea.
    The Kilo can stay submerged for 45 days and carries 4 Kalibr. Turkey closed the Bosporous on 28th Feb. Did they enter before that? How will they return to base now?

Russia has plenty of land and air based cruise and ballistic missiles. Why are they using ships, submarines to launch missiles? I think there is no need to.

GunshipDemocracy and owais.usmani like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:21 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:

U think neo Nazi's don't kill civilians? U think neo Nazis don't kill foreign citizens? When I was in Kiev in 2014 neo Nazi's chucked two Indian students in front of the metro train. I wasn't witness to it but I was walking down the steps to the metro when police told us the station was closed, the news reported the incident. Now if they can do this in normal day to day life then during war they can do far worse. And do u think USA cares one bit about this pro Russian journalist?

Gonzalo wasn't pro-Russian. Also, nazis not only kill but racketeers, kidnap and threaten people as well. But there is a high possibility he was arrested by SBU. Then his situation is bit different. They have hundreds of reasons to keep him alive and exploit him. Be it false charges, kangaroo courts and etc. Let's hope for the best.

GarryB and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:22 pm

Lots of broad daylight cruise missile strikes occuring right now. Unusual.

Hole and Urluber like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:25 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    The Kilo can stay submerged for 45 days and carries 4 Kalibr. Turkey closed the Bosporous on 28th Feb. Did they enter before that? How will they return to base now?

Russia has plenty of land and air based cruise and ballistic missiles. Why are they using ships, submarines to launch missiles? I think there is no need to.

Sevastopol naval base is IN black Sea right in the Crimean peninsula. Where do you think Moskva was based ? and Black Sea Fleet already have like 4 Kilos already assigned to her. there is 5th which is Alrosa but she's never in good shape.

GarryB, Sujoy, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:26 pm

mnztr wrote:

No one has any idea what plan A was. Certainly it was not to try an take Kiev with 40,000 troops.

What if Kiev was both a feint and a recon in force to sound out Ukrainian defensive strong points for later attack and to tie down massive amounts of Ukrainian troops for first class tickets on the train to Hitler and Bandera? Now that they have located, blasted some of those positions and tested resolve they lurk in Belarus to hit them again and the mere threat of reincursion ties them down. My guess is Kiev, if the plan has ever been to take it, is only a goal after the Donbass and Odessa are liberated and secured.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Broski, bitch_killer and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:27 pm

mnztr wrote:

I think Plan A was for the Russian speaking side of Ukraine to revolt against the Nazis once the Russian military moved in, but it did not work exactly as planned. I believe some of the mayors did make some promises to the Russians but then made a U-turn. I don't think there was any plan to take the capital city by force but Mariupol and other cities in the east and south was always on the cards. Once the Donbass falls (looks like it will be soon) I don't expect much resistance from the Ukrs.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:21 am