Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
nero
marcellogo
SeigSoloyvov
SolidarityWithRussia
walle83
Cyrus the great
calripson
Belisarius
Urluber
Odin of Ossetia
diabetus
Scorpius
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
billybatts91
LMFS
Firebird
teh_beard
caveat emptor
RTN
franco
Giulio
lancelot
Broski
VARGR198
Regular
0nillie0
limb
ATLASCUB
kvs
George1
Big_Gazza
Mir
nomadski
Erk
Arrow
GarryB
ALAMO
MMBR
owais.usmani
Krepost
Airbornewolf
Singular_Transform
Eugenio Argentina
Ispan
Yugo90
Kiko
Azi
ucmvulcan
jhelb
PapaDragon
sepheronx
GunshipDemocracy
ludovicense
JohninMK
Stealthflanker
Hinex1988
d_taddei2
mnztr
lyle6
Sujoy
Hole
Arkanghelsk
zorobabel
mavaff
Serberus
flamming_python
Podlodka77
Isos
Dr.Snufflebug
par far
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  Isos Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:34 pm

zorobabel wrote:Some Pro-RUS Telegram and Twitter accounts mention the Ukrainians are amassing soldiers near Nikolaev and are planning an assault to retake Kherson. Not sure if it's true or not.

Reality is they have no much left for counter offensive attacks.

The troll few pages back wrote russian army sucks because they didn't push more than 100km ftom the borders. Well why should they ?

Russia is keeping the frontline near its border and near its supply lines and defensive position. Ukrainians are stupid enough to bring their military and soldiers from 1000km away to this front. Nd they just get destroyed by russian artillery. Total advantage to Russia here. They are decimating ukrainian soldiers in mass.

Once there is none left they will push easily to the polish border.

Last edited by Isos on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Ispan, Hole, lancelot and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  sepheronx Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:35 pm

kvs wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/swodki/79591?single

🚨В Тирасполе (Приднестровье) произошёл теракт

По зданию Министерства госбезопасности Приднестровья в Тирасполе был нанесен удар из ручного противотанкового гранатомета — МВД

В некоторых близлежащих домах повылетали стёкла, рядом обнаружены гранатомёты.

Looks like they hit Tiraspol with some kind of mortar or rocket

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/20/39/25/54/img_2075.jpg

This was to be expected.   NATzO propaganda now yaps about Russia attempting to invade Moldova.

Thank goodness Russia still has peacekeepers there. If need be, they can force their way into western Ukraine into the Odessa direction while the Russian Marines help concentrate attacks on Odessa to give support to those peacekeepers.

Arkanghelsk wrote:They can't do shit except stage these damn attacks and sabotage and assassinations

Which in themselves do nothing except create the illusion for hohol that they can somehow pull a win

Today this is the  fight against the most brainwashed and zombified people

This Donbass operation needs to begin and sealed, then filter the pocket, because other objectives need to be completed

Exactly. They are left to either commit terrorism or sporadic attacks. They expose Russia's weakpoints to which will allow the Russian authorities to close these gaps.

Only thing now is Russia will just have a lot more military gear to replace - more specifically Su-34's.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:37 pm

Nearly two hours seems quite a long time to get back to that spot.

OSINT Aggregator
    @AggregateOsint
    ·
    2h
    At 4:15 am local time #Russia air defense shot down 2 #Ukrainian TB2 Drones around the Rylsky, 🇷🇺. At 2am local in #Bryansk 🇷🇺, an oil depot and ammo storage facility exploded. Below is a map of the approximate location of where the drones were shot down. https://ndtv.com/world-news/rus

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 FRMdZ8TWQAAUSfJ?format=jpg&name=small

Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    3h
    Posted by ukrainian channel

⚡⚡⚡
    Our source in the OP said that Russia has submitted to the OP a new lists of captured soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine who were taken prisoner in Ukraine. The number is constantly growing and already exceeds 4,000 soldiers

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:40 pm

Technical failure. I suspect loss of bith engines.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Alex Tiffin
    @RespectIsVital
    · 6h
    A photo is circulating of a derailed train in Bryansk, Russia claiming it was the result of Ukrainian sabotage or missile strike last night.

This is FAKE. The train derailed on 21st April due to heavy rain causing the embankment to collapse.

#UkraineRussiaWar

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 FRLnc6PWYAALDSY?format=jpg&name=360x360

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 FRLndWZXIAYKZI-?format=jpg&name=360x360

EDIT
    Better picture, they will have fun rebuilding that. Looks like a loco on its own doing a test run.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 FRK7fQeVcAETiRk?format=jpg&name=small

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Su34 really was lost in small numbers anyway

We talk of 3 or 4 planes

The real question is, what is the reward for donbass ?

Is there really 40-70,000 hohol army there?

Because those forces need to be cut off there

If the bulk of Hohol fighting force can be trapped there and here we see su25 flying low to hit em :

https://t.me/swodki/79593

Then it means we won't let them escape, and the fight for Slavyansk and Kramatorsk will be the end for the VSU

But question remains of how many VSU are there in Donetsk?

They should not be allowed out

https://t.me/swodki/79592

Poddubny said the taking of Zarechnoye with the approach from Izyum creates encirclement of Slavyansk

That's good news in itself

But once we're cleared here, MOD wants Odessa and Nikolayev, some rumors say there is forces massing near Krivoy Rog

I think this force near Kharkov need to be dealt with too, they are the ones attacking Kursk, and Bryansk

sepheronx, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, Yugo90, Broski and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:48 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:

По зданию Министерства госбезопасности Приднестровья в Тирасполе был нанесен удар из ручного противотанкового гранатомета — МВД

This was to be expected.   NATzO propaganda now yaps about Russia attempting to invade Moldova.

Thank goodness Russia still has peacekeepers there.  If need be, they can force their way into western Ukraine into the Odessa direction while the Russian Marines help concentrate attacks on Odessa to give support to those peacekeepers.
    Russian peacekeepers in Transnistria are lightly armed and and only have few dozen APCs. Also, there's only 1500 of them. I don't think they'll be used for any offensives.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, lancelot, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:49 pm

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/58266

Bigass train column, in its way probably to 404

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/58248

Su34 shooting kh29

Big_Gazza, ghostface, lancelot, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:51 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:

Thank goodness Russia still has peacekeepers there.  If need be, they can force their way into western Ukraine into the Odessa direction while the Russian Marines help concentrate attacks on Odessa to give support to those peacekeepers.
    Russian peacekeepers in Transnistria are lightly armed and and only have few dozen APCs. Also, there's only 1500 of them. I don't think they'll be used for any offensives.

You are right, they may not but if entrenched enough, they can at least provide necessary defense for now.  But there is also possible of volunteers from Transnistria.  Anyway, all the Ukrainians have left as Arkanghelsk said, is these petty small attacks.

Arkanghelsk wrote:Su34 really was lost in small numbers anyway

We talk of 3 or 4 planes

The real question is, what is the reward for donbass ?

Is there really 40-70,000 hohol army there?

Because those forces need to be cut off there

If the bulk of Hohol fighting force can be trapped there and here we see su25 flying low to hit em :

https://t.me/swodki/79593

Then it means we won't let them escape, and the fight for Slavyansk and Kramatorsk will be the end for the VSU

But question remains of how many VSU are there in Donetsk?

They should not be allowed out

https://t.me/swodki/79592

Poddubny said the taking of Zarechnoye with the approach from Izyum creates encirclement of Slavyansk

But once we're cleared here, MOD wants Odessa and Nikolayev, some rumors say there is forces massing near Krivoy Rog

I think this force near Kharkov need to be dealt with too, they are the ones attacking Kursk, and Bryansk

After Donbass area for most part, it will be multifront again and Kharkov will be further encircled and squeezed while Russian forces concentrate more on the coastline. At that point, no forces exist in numbers in Ukraine to mass an counter offensive on that.

Last edited by sepheronx on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:53 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

💥High-precision long-range weapons destroyed 6 traction substations near Krasnoe, Zdolbunov, Zhmerinka, Berdichiv, Kovel and Korosten, through which foreign weapons and military equipment are supplied to the Ukrainian troops in Donbass.

💥During the day, high-precision air-based missiles hit 27 military assets of Ukraine.

▫Destroyed: 4 command posts, 1 ammunition depot near Slavyansk in the Donetsk People's Republic, the headquarters of the Right Sector terrorist group in Novogrodovka, as well as 16 strong points and areas of manpower and military equipment concentration.

✈💥Operational-tactical and army aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces hit 82 military assets of Ukraine.

▫Among them: 4 command posts, 76 areas of enemy manpower and military equipment concentration, and 2 fuel depots.

💥Missile troops carried out 15 strikes.

▫Destroyed: 1 launch position of Tochka-U tactical missile system, 3 command posts, 1 artillery battery and 10 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration.

▫Up to 40 personnel, 17 Ukrainian armoured vehicles and cars were destroyed.

💥Russian air defence means shot down 4 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Izyum, Donetsk and Kharkov during the day.

📊In total, 141 aircraft and 110 helicopters, 570 unmanned aerial vehicles, 265 anti-aircraft missile systems, 2,554 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 283 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,104 field artillery and mortars, as well as 2,380 units of special military vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were destroyed during the operation.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Broski and like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:

Su34 shooting kh29

2 KH-29's and then throwing flares and maneuver away i see.

Big_Gazza and Arkanghelsk like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:54 pm

I don't think they should go further north without liquidation of Nikolaev grouping.
    As far as area south of Izyum, that's the hardest terrain for fighting as it is relatively hilly with a lot of forest cover and with several urban agglomerations. West and south of Slavyansk and Kramatorsk, terrain favors Russians as it is mostly clear country and very rural until Pavlograd.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and Arkanghelsk like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:55 pm

The pacing of this Russian operation is not slow even if all sorts of "experts" are bitching. Using the US template for the 1990 invasion
    of Iraq, Russia should have deployed 2 million troops and spent three months bombing everything into ruble first. Instead, it is
    deploying about 200,000 troops (not including reserves) and minimizing civilian damage. The closing of the Donetsk cauldron is
    proceeding well from what I can tell. I thought it would be faster, but I am just an armchair general like the rest. The Kiev regime
    has invested itself completely in the LDNR fortified positions and this is its last stand. I think reports of 100,000 Ukr troops are
    more realistic than 44,000.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:58 pm

kvs wrote:The pacing of this Russian operation is not slow even if all sorts of "experts" are bitching.    Using the US template for the 1990 invasion
    of Iraq, Russia should have deployed 2 million troops and spent three months bombing everything into ruble first.    Instead, it is
    deploying about 200,000 troops (not including reserves) and minimizing civilian damage.   The closing of the Donetsk cauldron is
    proceeding well from what I can tell.   I thought it would be faster, but I am just an armchair general like the rest.    The Kiev regime
    has invested itself completely in the LDNR fortified positions and this is its last stand.    I think reports of 100,000 Ukr troops are

The 200,000 soldiers is also including LDNR forces. Russia has a tendency to only bring in limited amount of forces, almost making an equal number to the enemies. This was seen as example in 2008 conflict with Georgia an the 58th.

The forces Ukraine has in the DNR area are the top of what Ukraine had. These guys were the most trained most well equipped and given most special attention by NATO. Once they are gone, the only thing they have left is the Special units in Kiev area, fresh recruits with some basic, real quick training by NATO (Very green) and volunteer sympathizers (scumbags). So those guys wont pose nearly the threat that the ones in DNR do.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:59 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:

You are right, they may not but if entrenched enough, they can at least provide necessary defense for now.  But there is also possible of volunteers from Transnistria.  Anyway, all the Ukrainians have left as Arkanghelsk said, is these petty small attacks.
    Best way is to just leave them there, as i don't think Ukrainians will try anything, since they consider it part of Moldova.

Arkanghelsk likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:01 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:

Best way is to just leave them there, as i don't think Ukrainians will try anything, since they consider it part of Moldova.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a failing force. Ukraine may try anything as desperation (as we are seeing) grows.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Podlodka77 like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:03 pm

kvs wrote:The pacing of this Russian operation is not slow even if all sorts of "experts" are bitching.    Using the US template for the 1990 invasion
    of Iraq, Russia should have deployed 2 million troops and spent three months bombing everything into ruble first.    Instead, it is
    deploying about 200,000 troops (not including reserves) and minimizing civilian damage.   The closing of the Donetsk cauldron is
    proceeding well from what I can tell.   I thought it would be faster, but I am just an armchair general like the rest.    The Kiev regime
    has invested itself completely in the LDNR fortified positions and this is its last stand.    I think reports of 100,000 Ukr troops are

Then it's good news,

MOD is not risking lives in violent shock offensive, it looks slower, because it is

The approach is methodical , and they are probing 404 along the whole frontline to see where there is successful effort

Once they see the potential for breakout theyl throw in a huge force behind the exploit

But not a moment before

We see 2 potential zones where the main exploit can happen, that's towards Barvenkovo,

And south from Vugledar

Some experts have written that they won't attack Slavyansk, that they might bypass it and it makes sense as that's what they've done with most urban agglomeration

I would think Kharkov is after this

But these rumors we hear of Krivoy Rog and Zaporizhia is maskirovka

British intelligence is trying to see the next attack so that they can warn what little is left of the VSU to block it

But wel keep them guessing

Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Yugo90, Broski, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:09 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 Img_2076

This is what I mean, it could be the southern forces are going to Zaporizhia, but it looks like maskirovka

They want the road, and then continue north to link up with the forces from Barvenkovo

kvs likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:12 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 35 Img_2077

These are 404 claims of a buildup near krivoy rog

kvs, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:15 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦 Сегодня в районе Балаклеи потерпел крушение российский истребитель, лётчики катапультировались и были спасены Ми-8.

Su34 pilots were rescued

sepheronx, GarryB, psg, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:16 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦 Сегодня в районе Балаклеи потерпел крушение российский истребитель, лётчики катапультировались и были спасены Ми-8.

Su34 pilots were rescued

Great news. kudos to those SAR Birds we previously seen.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, 11E, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:23 pm

Crazy optimists

Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    7h
    Posted by ukrainian channel

⚡⚡⚡
    Our source in the OP said that the United States is ready to supply us with tanks and new weapons systems from June. The White House is preparing a new aid package for Ukraine in May, which will strengthen the combat capability of the AFU

d_taddei2, kvs, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:24 pm

Does anyone know why forces pushed up near Krivoy Rog?

What is up with that? Are they going to krivoy rog or zaporizhia?

That attack looks weird when looking at the map
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:30 pm

flamming_python wrote:A T-90M with Nakidka near Kharkov somewhere
    https://t.me/intelslava/26734

Ain't this the Nakidka our friend RTN was ranting Russia for having but not using against the miiiightyyyy Javelin?  What a Face
    Or am I mixing someone up here?

Well maybe they have a reason to reduce the tank's thermal signature anyway. Or they just want to try the Nakidka out.

They have now enough Javelins, NLAWS and most probably other ATGMs with thermal image targeting systems to try out how good the missiles are and under what conditions accessories like Nakidka work or not work.

Would be also interesting to see actual tests at Kubinka like they did with WW2 tanks and AT weapons. Would be interesting to see Javelins launched at T-72 with and without ERA with statistics how well/bad ATGM or T-72 performance, but I guess we will see such tests only in 15+ years or even later.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, Hole, Mir and like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:31 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦 Сегодня в районе Балаклеи потерпел крушение российский истребитель, лётчики катапультировались и были спасены Ми-8.

Su34 pilots were rescued

What is Ukraine using to shoot down SU-34?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:24 pm