Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
ludovicense
Serberus
kvs
lancelot
DerWolf
psg
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
George1
Ned86
d_taddei2
Singular_Transform
PhSt
Regular
Werewolf
calripson
SolidarityWithRussia
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
mnztr
zorobabel
franco
Scorpius
Airbornewolf
GunshipDemocracy
GarryB
ahmedfire
TMA1
owais.usmani
OminousSpudd
crod
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
par far
Krepost
VARGR198
Belisarius
Big_Gazza
nomadski
nero
dionis
Ispan
flamming_python
Erk
Azi
Arrow
ucmvulcan
walle83
lyle6
Isos
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Karl Haushofer
Mir
sepheronx
Firebird
Hole
billybatts91
Arsenic
ATLASCUB
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
limb
Arkanghelsk
LMFS
ALAMO
Backman
caveat emptor
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

ArgentinaGuard

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  ArgentinaGuard Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:33 pm

thegopnik wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:I am amazed at the level of Russia's military ineffectiveness.
    Russia did the hardest thing: resist the West's criminal economic embargo. That was a brilliant strategy of their economy ministers
    The easiest thing was to win the war. You cannot win the war against Ukraine knowing your territory, culture, being on the edge of the border, having military experience and resources to spare. You got the fucking jew laughing at you, the azov nazis still hanging around.

We Argentines (a third world country), absolutely alone, without technology and equipment, never made the tremendous mistakes of Russia against the British and all of NATO.

That is called ineffectiveness and I would not like to give Hitler the historical reason for the lack of talent of the Slavs. I hope that Russia will make a counteroffensive and destroy that shit country with the whole West.

We will see how ukrainians will be this winter without water, gas and electricity. my only problem is that whatever territory they capture is that they get the people out or they stay to get killed

Dude, winter can be an ally, but are you saying that these animals still have infrastructure?
    I ask, where is the sabotage of Russian services?
    I give you an example. Argentina and Chile were on the brink of war in 1979. Pinochet entrusted his secret service to poison the drinking water of the Rio de la Plata and kill the population of Buenos Aires. I admire him because the guy loved his country.
    Where are the Russian services? what the hell are they doing?

owais.usmani likes this post

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

Mir
    Mir

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  Mir Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:48 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    I give you an example. Argentina and Chile were on the brink of war in 1979. Pinochet entrusted his secret service to poison the drinking water of the Rio de la Plata and kill the population of Buenos Aires. I admire him because the guy loved his country.

You admire Pinochet and you are an Argentinian!? Do you have Nazi memorabilia on your wall? Do you read Mein Kampf before bedtime just to calm your nerves so you could go to sleep?

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, bandit6, BliTTzZ, limb, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:57 pm

thegopnik wrote:ghost of zeepo is reporting i think that russian prisoners will be given a clean slate if they serve a 6 month contract with wagner. There are reports that russians are hitting water supplies which is why ukrainians went to stores to purchase water and everything else. I am convinced they wont send in reinforcements and just waiting for winter.

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/63915

Mir wrote:
    You admire Pinochet and you are an Argentinian!? Do you have Nazi memorabilia on your wall? Do you read Mein Kampf before bedtime just to calm your nerves so you could go to sleep?

I have a funny story to tell Laughing
    A friend of mine, is a Pole naturalized in Germany.
    His family is there like since the 60s, when having a german shepherd dog was enough to get citizenship Laughing
    He was on a tourist trip to Argentine, settled by a well-known German tour operator.
    The story happened in the 90s Laughing
    He took his wife for a trip to visit "a German settlers' domain" Laughing
    They were getting there by the river.
    At the very end of the trip, they faced something that looked like a big fortress made of brick, concrete and wood.
    It looked like the Atlantic Wall, only smaller, including small windows for shooters in a thick walls surrounding Laughing
    As soon as they walked through the gate, a proudly waving nazi banner entertained their approach.
    The very last thing he dared to say to his wife, as she was with him, was "shut the **** up and don't open your mouth!" as she was a Pole either, but hardly speak any German as she just arrived a month earlier Laughing Laughing
    That was a bloody nazi fort in the middle of nowhere, where little kids were "sieg heiling" at any corner.
    Like in the bloody movies.

Last edited by ALAMO on Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, thegopnik, Hole and Belisarius like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:08 pm

limb wrote:Why are there barely any russian mechanized troops in ukraine atm?
    Kherson is mainly VDV,
    kharkov was mainly lnr militia and sobr
    Donbass is mainly republic troops, cossacks wagner and akhmat
    liman is mainly BARS.

Whats going on? It seems like russian mechanized infantry presence gradually disappeared by july.

My hope is that using movement, both minor advances and withdrawals and war games in the far east that they have been very quietly moved into positions for some sort of offense this fall.

Now here is a question, is the Rasputitsa still a thing? If so I hope they launch a massive offensive before it renders off road operations unfeasible.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:09 pm

Martyanov now says there's just 80,000 Russian troops in Ukraine. The number keeps falling.

Here's his rant :

That is why I am on record: 99% of all those "military" telegram channels, military "analysts", military "reporters", "patriots" and "strategists" are frauds--they have zero military expertise, least of all in serious operational matters, let alone in understanding what mobilization is and what it entails.

I will repeat, again, that the bulk of Russian ground forces still remains in reserve and the actual number of Russian regulars fighting in Ukraine is (I speculate) out of 300,000 + is somewhere between 60 and 80,000. The rest of the force is LDNR militia and volunteers, who are about the size of 50-60,000. This force size is sufficient for the aims of SMO and for methodical annihilation of VSU's personnel and equipment.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B and Podlodka77 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:11 pm

Taking another look at the "attackers" in the Kharkov region. Limited number of artillery. Close to zero air defence. No air cover (except good wishes). Lightly armed infantry + a small ammount of old (I mean really, really old) vehicles. But it´s getting better. No real reserves behind them. Little supplies. They could fight vor 4 to 5 days, a week max.

This was really a suicide mission. Just to please the masters in Washington/Brussels. 

The Nazi guys on the pics smile all the time because they realize how lucky they are to still being alive.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, lancelot, Belisarius and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:13 pm

https://twitter.com/mdfzeh/status/1570111644893585409 chechens giving oath before heading to battle.

GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:14 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:My hope is that using movement, both minor advances and withdrawals and war games in the far east that they have been very quietly moved into positions for some sort of offense this fall.  

Now here is a question, is the Rasputitsa still a thing? If so I hope they launch a massive offensive before it renders off road operations unfeasible.
    The muddy season was mostly a problem for the ill equipped german troops. Russians knew how to move around, their tanks had wider tracks, too.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, lancelot, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:15 pm

Well, he is right. Russia doesn't have a large force in Ukraine. Out of that 80K, how many of them are National Guard guys?  The real army guys are probably all in Kherson region hence Ukraines ass beating in the region.

There are large forces in Belgorod but to more or less protect the border.

Rosgvardi guys are getting amazing training but they aren't really trained for this kind of combat.

thegopnik wrote:https://twitter.com/mdfzeh/status/1570111644893585409 chechens giving oath before heading to battle.

They aren't all Chechens. This is a training ground where volunteers from all over Russia (apparently from other countries as well) are being trained. These are the bulk of volunteers besides Cossack units

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, thegopnik, Hole, Broski and like this post

dionis

Post  dionis Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:16 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    limb wrote:Why are there barely any russian mechanized troops in ukraine atm?
    Kherson is mainly VDV,
    kharkov was mainly lnr militia and sobr
    Donbass is mainly republic troops, cossacks wagner and akhmat
    liman is mainly BARS.

Whats going on? It seems like russian mechanized infantry presence gradually disappeared by july.

I said this back in May, that Russian army was gone

Tbh it was an educated guess based on the pace of advance and videos of the type of units on ground

I really think the Russian army was pulled out after Kiev

Those guys wore digital flora pattern with st. George ribbon sewn into

The guys we have seen since may, are like irregulars

And some regular units supporting in logistics and fire support

Idk where the Russian army is

There should be some Russian army around Liman ... aka Seversk/Artyomovsk/Soledar.  

90th Tank Division, 1st Guard Tanks Army, 4th Tank Battalion and maybe some mixed BTGs.

BliTTzZ likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:17 pm

ALAMO wrote:

I have a funny story to tell Laughing
    A friend of mine, is a Pole naturalized in Germany.
    His family is there like since the 60s, when having a german shepherd dog was enough to get citizenship Laughing
    He was on a tourist trip to Argentine, settled by a well-known German tour operator.
    The story happened in the 90s Laughing
    He took his wife for a trip to visit "a German settlers' domain" Laughing
    They were getting there by the river.
    At the very end of the trip, they faced something that looked like a big fortress made of brick, concrete and wood.
    It looked like the Atlantic Wall, only smaller, including small windows for shooters in a thick walls surrounding  Laughing
    As soon as they walked through the gate, a proudly waving nazi banner entertained their approach.
    The very last thing he dared to say to his wife, as she was with him, was "shut the **** up and don't open your mouth!" as she was a Pole either, but hardly speak any German as she just arrived a month earlier Laughing Laughing
    That was a bloody nazi fort in the middle of nowhere, where little kids were "sieg heiling" at any corner.
    Like in the bloody movies.

Believe me I have similar stories Laughing

Once met a "sieg heil" guy with a similar fort. Everything (I mean everything) was bolted down to the floor and his fort even had a tower with firing ports in all directions Smile

GarryB and ALAMO like this post

dionis

Post  dionis Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:17 pm

calripson wrote:

Maybe because Ukraine is loaded to the gills with effective anti-armor weapons and precision strike weapons that will decimate massed armor. As I have stated for years, any armor on the modern battlefield without effective APS and effective SHORAD is an expensive metal coffin. Has Russia deployed any effective APS on its armor?

I doubt anyone can afford to mass deploy APS systems, and that's assuming they are actually effective in real life combat.

sepheronx, BliTTzZ and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:23 pm

Backman wrote:Martyanov now says there's just 80,000 Russian troops in Ukraine. The number keeps falling.
    A while ago I saw numbers from 40 to 60.000. Mostly artillery, air defence, logistics, radio and EW guys + recon and special forces (including some VDV units). Just a little hint of the armored fist (tanks and motorized rifle troops).

Looks as if the forces around country 404 (something between 100.000 and 200.000, including some Rosgvardija units) are waiting for something. Not the big NATO attack (for the criminals in Washington this is just a business affair, a ploy to syphon up as much money as they can before moving on to the next thing so they won´t get involved officially) but the shaping of he battlefield = killing of enough enemies, bleeding out their reserves, luring the rest into open terrain.

As soon as the General Staff thinks that anything is ready, we could see something close to what we witnessed back in March. But this time the russian forces won´t stop. And their will be nobody strong enough to stop them.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, LMFS, Mir and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:26 pm

Mir wrote:
    Believe me I have similar stories Laughing

Once met a "sieg heil" guy with a similar fort. Everything (I mean everything) was bolted down to the floor and his fort even had a tower with firing ports in all directions Smile    

Laughing Laughing
    Wondering the scale, because what Alexander was telling me, was a small town, with several hundred inhabitants.

Yes, my friends ...
    The "economic wonder" of West Germany in the 60s was not an effect of some Wondergermans hard struggle, but a huge flow of capital back from South America.
    Golden teeth ripped from the corpses of concentration camps victims, melted and stamped with false markings pretending to be Swiss, Swedish, or Mexican.
    The mainstay of European recovery.

GarryB and Mir like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:26 pm

So there is flooding in Krivoy Rog due to russias strike at the dam. Ukraines bridges used by military over the Ingulets are destroyed/swept away. A large amount of people are either leaving or trying to stock up on water.

We will see how this plays out.

GarryB likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:32 pm

sepheronx wrote:So there is flooding in Krivoy Rog due to russias strike at the dam.  Ukraines bridges used by military over the Ingulets are destroyed/swept away.  A large amount of people are either leaving or trying to stock up on water.

You already see how it plays out.
    If the Russkie want to take out a dam, they will do it within 10 minutes Laughing
    Not like some HIMARS supa-dupa-scary-voo-doo shit that is used to target a bridge or a dam for months, making holes in pave lines mostly.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:36 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:So there is flooding in Krivoy Rog due to russias strike at the dam.  Ukraines bridges used by military over the Ingulets are destroyed/swept away.  A large amount of people are either leaving or trying to stock up on water.

If the Russkie want to take out a dam, they will do it within 10 minutes Laughing
    Not like some HIMARS supa-dupa-scary-voo-doo shit that is used to target a bridge or a dam for months, making holes in pave lines mostly.

I don't mean that but I mean Russias plans.

It acts as a temporary thing. Now do Russia plan to just make it hard for the lives of the people in these areas till they leave which gives Russia the chance to flatten the areas? Or is there other plans?
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Let's be realistic. Scale is vastly different. Russians would never destroy a dam on Dnepr as that would mean a catastrophy downstream. This was a small local dam.

BliTTzZ likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:47 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    Let's be realistic. Scale is vastly different. Russians would never destroy a dam on Dnepr as that would mean a catastrophy downstream. This was a small local dam.

No no no.
    Scale is irrelevant.
    If Russkie ever decide to down The Three Gore Dam, they would do it.
    It is a matter of potential.
    Just instead of Ch-59 (?) there wold be Kinzhal that strikes it, leaving a 100m deep hole under it.
    Sure that they are responsible, and nobody will create an environmental disaster and a huge human catastrophe.

Hole and Belisarius like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:47 pm

caveat emptor wrote:Azerbaijanis hit two locations of Russian peacekeepers with artillery.
    https://t.me/milinfolive/90470
    https://t.me/milinfolive/90450?single
    https://t.me/milinfolive/90469

It could also be Armenia, hoping to draw Russia into this conflict. I'm not saying that this was the case, but this is one of the possible options.

sepheronx, lancelot, Broski and Belisarius like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:49 pm

par far likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:51 pm

Scorpius wrote:

It could also be Armenia, hoping to draw Russia into this conflict. I'm not saying that this was the case, but this is one of the possible options.

Azeris reacted on spot, saying it is not their job.
    Again, objectively Russia has much more profitable and open relations with Aliyev rather than struggling Armenia.

BTW ...
    We have seen that smoking is bad, seeing the whole fires in Ukro facilities lately ...
    We have seen that AC units are deadly, seeing them cooking off along the entire Banderastan...
    But now, we can see for the first time, what happens when you pee too much!

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 29 Photo_36
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 29 Photo_35

Oh you nasty nasty Ukrs, don't drink so much!

Because this might be an end effect...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 29 Photo_37

C_P, and the other team - take a look :

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 29 Zrzut_32

This is what Russkie seemed to pulverized. A dam door only, leaving the most crucial part - the dam itself - safely standing.

GarryB, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:04 pm

probably BS news https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vladimir-putins-limo-attacked-assassination-27993499#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16631814653575&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-news%2Fvladimir-putins-limo-attacked-assassination-27993499 The limousine attack could have been an assassination attempt on Vladimir Putin, according to an unconfirmed claim, after a loud bang struck the left wheel of the car

Just to let them know Dmitry or Sergei being next in control would not make ukraines situation any better if Putin got killed.
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:11 pm

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/63915

So, this was published in an open telegram channel. Prisoners are being recruited at the Wagner Private Military Company. Conditions: a six-month business trip to the combat zone. Only volunteers, after passing through several stages of selection: an interview, a polygraph, a review of the biography, the reasons why he was in prison. An absolute ban on alcohol, drugs, any sexual contact, any looting. After six months of combat service, a pardon. The volunteer can return home, or sign a contract for the next term. You can't go back to prison. If he decided to join the PMCs, and then "changed his mind" - he will be declared a deserter and shot. The vast majority of vacancies are in assault squads.

GunshipDemocracy and VARGR198 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:12 pm

It is nothing new, they have been recruited this way for years.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:07 am