Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+74
TMA1
littlerabbit
George1
Broski
Karl Haushofer
zorobabel
AlfaT8
Scorpius
pavi
mr_hd
Ned86
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
AMCXXL
Ispan
DerWolf
Erk
higurashihougi
famschopman
caveat emptor
d_taddei2
ahmedfire
Mir
adder
zare
Eugenio Argentina
xeno
ArgentinaGuard
billybatts91
LMFS
PhSt
Rodion_Romanovic
kvs
Tolstoy
Belisarius
lyle6
Sujoy
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
flamming_python
par far
Serberus
T-47
Odin of Ossetia
sepheronx
thegopnik
lancelot
Godric
Werewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Sprut-B
Kiko
dionis
GarryB
crod
Big_Gazza
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
diabetus
Azi
ucmvulcan
franco
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
nomadski
VARGR198
JohninMK
mnztr
Arrow
Hole
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Podlodka77
Isos
78 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

DerWolf

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

Post  DerWolf Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:50 am

I read in some tg channels that UVZ has shut down all other types of production and instead has focus only in the production of T-90M.

AMCXXL likes this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

Post  Sujoy Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:21 am

ALAMO wrote:We did.
    Only in small numbers and scale, like one tank against a column etc.
    Russian army is turning into heavy armored one, after a short break.
    Tank armies needs tank, and there are two to form.
    Why are they turning into heavy armoured ones when:

RuAF has already established air dominance; and

Russian artillery is ripping through Ukrainian tank formation

Existing Russian strategy extremely effective already.

franco likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:40 am

After over 4 weeks of hard fighting in the south the Sea of Azov is still as far away as ever.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 14 F0BRuLXWwAAH843?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Godric, zardof, starman and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:41 am

Erk wrote:twitter links are broken.
    You can no longer read twitter posts without login.

I have never had a twitter account, and don't intend to ever create one, I would imagine lots of people think the same way.

Does that include twitter images like mine in the post above?
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:06 pm

JohninMK wrote:Does that include twitter images like mine in the post above?

Embedding seems to work just fine, it is just us non registered users not being able to follow accounts directly. Something to do with aggressive harvesting of Twitter info by some companies it seems, apparently they have no better solution at the moment.

GarryB, Erk, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:25 pm

You have to take what appears on Twitter with a grain of salt. We already saw what happens with the Russian S-70 drone, supposedly used in Ukraine. For a week, the same news has been copied and pasted, from an alleged Turkish source. This account: "Spriter Team" is another one that just copy and paste. It is not a primary source. What's more now he just posted a photo from a movie, thinking it was about the riots in France.
    That is why it would be convenient to be more attentive and look for more reliable information and, if possible, from original sources.

GarryB and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:27 pm

Why are they turning into heavy armoured ones
    Has more to do with NATO than 404.

GarryB, Werewolf and jon_deluxe like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:49 pm

But of course they would.
    Kim's sister repeated that several times, that Korea stands side by side and will help in whatever they can.
    Try to imagine the ammo stocks for a country with paranoia on pair with NK ... I lack the imagination, honestly

But why lie... it is not illegal to violate unilateral western sanctions against anyone... according to international law these western sanctions are illegal.

BTW it is not paranoia when the whole western world IS out to get you...

Not only is it not Paranoia, it is fully justified common sense.

I am also not saying Russia would refuse help from other countries, I just want some evidence and ships leaving for Russia from South Africa or aircraft flying from Iran to Russia or trainloads of stuff going from China to Russia just doesn't cut it as evidence.

The west makes all sorts of claims with no evidence at all and I don't think anyone should accept that pathetic level of trust.

Iran supplies munitions, perhaps not only Iran. They can lie, but that doesn't change the fact. It is in the interests of Iran, China, and most of Asia that Russia wins over NATO in Ukraine.

So you are supporting western claims over what Russia and Iran have said... what level of proof are you going for... probably... or the always amusing... highly likely...

There is a western story about a boy who cried wolf... ironic because the west continually demands everyone ignore the lessons of that story because although they lie a lot in the past this time it is the truth... Mad

- Russia still not delivering those SU-35s to Iran; and apparently Iran not making fuzz about it.

Assuming it is true I rather doubt the Iranians want to broadcast such things because they wont be safe until they are in Iran and fully operational at an airbase with sufficient air defences to protect it from Israeli or US attack.

- Ukraine actually being able to blow the dam; e.g. Russia allowing Ukraine to even get close to it.

Ukraine had been hitting it multiple times over a long period with HIMARS and other weapon types.... they control the dams further up stream and kept the water levels very high... most likely to try to break the dam... it is unclear whether they attacked it or it just failed because of existing damage and too much water.

Either way the failure was on them.

- US still not going all-in given their economic situation; this is do or die for them. I already expected F-16s, although older spec. despite receiving heavy losses when facing Russian air defense.

Will take a while to train pilots to a level where it would be even worth sending them into Ukraine airspace, and more importantly most Ukrainian airfields would not support F-16 operations... too many foreign objects on the runways... not enough air conditioned hangars, not enough support equipment etc etc...

- The vulnerability of Russian helicopters (and jets) against Western manpads. Maybe I expect too much from the active defense systems; perhaps expected them to easily jam or guide them away given Russia's advances in these areas.

I rather suspect most of the losses were not MANPADS and will be other weapon types including BUK and OSA and even just cannon fire to which no aircraft would be immune.

The threat levels of Ukraine are far higher than over Kosovo for instance, where the HATO forces refused to send any of their amazing and high tech attack helicopters.

There was a serious absence of modern MANPADS in most theatres western helicopters have operated in and the exceptions are places they don't deploy their aircraft.

Those thermals are a higher level.

Very short missile flight time... I suspect they were attacking targets at much shorter ranges than other videos that seem to be at 8 to 10km range.

That was 3km from target, it seems they don’t even have MANPAD teams to defend themselves

Or it was fitted with DIRCMS and didn't care about MANPADS...

Over the next 10 days the Kiev regime is going to throw everything they have in reserve, some 70% of offensive force, at Russian defensive lines, in multiple axes at once.

They have glide bomb kits and also Smerch batteries able to launch enormous volumes of fragments at large groups of men and vehicles... Russia has been expecting these probing attacks and also a follow up large attack... that is what Kiev did last time and it only worked a little last time because the Russian forces were so thinly spread with lots of gaps.

Now they have lots of artillery and lots of drones and of course air power, this is going to be a slaughter.

But Zelensky doesn't care... the cry remains the same... if you want us to beat the bear we need more money in our swiss bank accounts and more ammo and artillery and Javelin... no stinger... no HIMARS... no this time it is F-16s that will solve all their problems... it is funny they never ask for mine clearance equipment...

Video of the uparmoured Leo.

It appears to not only be trying to improve protection, but to also disguise it as a Soviet era tank...

I would have loved to have mentioned FOAB but sadly we haven't seen it,

To be fair we have seen the equivalent where a drone or missile set off more explosives and fuel on the ground that the FOABs carries so essentially we have seen the effect.

Quite intriguing that Russia has stepped up the production of tanks because most of the damages being caused to the enemy forces is by Russian artillery. Even Ukrainian tanks are being destroyed by Russian artillery and not Russian tanks.

In fact we have not witnessed a major tank vs tank battle yet.

The western view of tanks is something you send to fight the enemies tanks, but the Russian view is more along the lines of it being a mobile powerful direct fire gun that takes out enemy positions and vehicles as needed.

Normal ammo loadouts normally include at least half being HE or HEAT rounds.

Once the next big offensive burns out their reserves the Russians might need to advance deep into Ukrainian territory to push the reminants of enemy forces out of artillery range of the new Russian territories... and of course once they do push them back 150km beyond new Russian territories the locals might want to have a referendum about whether they remain with Kiev or join Russia or be neutral... if they want to be neutral that is fine but Russia will need to provide security guarantees and Kiev might just shell them for not taking their side which means the Russians will have to push Kievs forces back another 150km... eventually they will likely reach borders with other countries where they will stop, but of course artillery fire coming from a foreign country is an act of war and up to that country to deal with or Russia will deal with that too.

Why are they turning into heavy armoured ones when:

RuAF has already established air dominance; and

Russian artillery is ripping through Ukrainian tank formation

Existing Russian strategy extremely effective already.

Normally tanks are used to break through enemy lines in multiple locations and to push back and destroy rear area units and HQ and arms and ammo dumps and supply areas etc etc to cut front line units off from support so they can be destroyed or captured.

Could be that too.

Seems that the west is starting to question the value for money it is getting from this conflict and realising they could continue to pour money down this drain for a very long time... this was all supposed to break Russia and make Putin unpopular and start opposition, but it has only made Russia stronger and madder at the loss of its men... and winter is coming...

Russia has learned to use drones effectively in combat and is getting rather more capable at a time when western countries are sending all their stocks of ammo and weapons to Kiev to be destroyed or sold on the black market.

kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:18 pm

Hole wrote:
    Why are they turning into heavy armoured ones

Problem with BTGs was that they were too heavy and infantry short. Russian military was always on the heavy side, what we are seeing could be overall expansion and loss replacement. Russia also upgrades their equipment from old to new on the field as well. NATO is still afterthought

GarryB, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:29 pm

Analysis Storm Shadov vs Pantsir S1

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/anatomy-of-storm-shadow-interception?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:49 pm

Arrow wrote:Analysis Storm Shadov vs Pantsir S1

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/anatomy-of-storm-shadow-interception?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Sorry Arrow I did not go through this guys bs "analysis" but the Storm Shadow is not "extremely fast" as the guy tries to claim. He even compares it's speed as similar to the Iskander if I'm not mistaken! WTF man! Shocked

GarryB, Regular, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:52 pm

NAFO anal-itic.

GarryB, Regular, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:56 pm

How can anyone take this guy seriously?! What a Face

which is why I don’t fully agree with the rankings of the list above, because the Brahmos/P-800 are really anti-ship missiles. For normal ground-target cruise missiles, the top speed is typically around Mach 0.5 to Mach 0.7 at the most. Russia’s Kalibr and Kh-101, which have been the bane of the AFU in the SMO, are both in the Mach 0.6 and slightly higher range. The most advanced variant of Kalibr can reportedly accelerate to supersonic at terminal phase but I’m not sure if that’s even in production yet

So the Storm Shadow’s Mach ~0.9 is very fast, and means it hits almost supersonic cruising speeds.

Neutral Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

GarryB, Regular, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Sprut-B and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:09 pm

Did you see how fast that comes in? That’s extremely fast for a cruise missile”

literally shows 15 meter fall with limited FPS camera… Bases whole article on similar flawed observations

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Ispan, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:10 pm

Most ATGM's have a higher speed so what exactly is he comparing it with?

Apples and Banana-ficusses.

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs and Broski like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:14 pm

@Werewolf

This is what he compares the speed of the Storm Shadow with...make sure you're seated.

Did you see how fast that comes in? That’s extremely fast for a cruise missile. In fact, that more closely resembles footage of Iskander missile hits I’ve posted before.

He goes further...

In fact, you’ll note that the Storm Shadow’s speed more closely resembles the legendary Soviet Kh-22, seen here hitting Kremenchug last year:

clown

GarryB, Werewolf, Regular, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B and like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:45 pm

I have been asked by journalist Miguel Calvo to record an interview on youtube, but I can't do that here in Crimea, so instead I took the time to update my blog with a new report summarizing the last 2 weeks and up to the fightin on yesterday 1 of July

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2023/07/02/noticias-de-la-guerra-01-07-2023-la-situacion-en-los-frentes/

GarryB, d_taddei2, Manov, Godric, AMCXXL and jon_deluxe like this post

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:59 pm

404 is a surreal country:
    A protest in Kiev, demanding that the authorities take action to expand existing military cemeteries and build new ones because there's nowhere to bury all the fallen.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 14 F0CUXsOWAAI6_J7?format=jpg&name=medium
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 14 F0CUY0iXgAITjTv?format=jpg&name=medium

Erk wrote:twitter links are broken.
    You can no longer read twitter posts without login.

I have never had a twitter account, and don't intend to ever create one, I would imagine lots of people think the same way.

I have no twiter account but I can see after log in trought youtube/google

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, starman, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:07 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 14 Scree760

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Godric and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:39 pm

Mir wrote:@Werewolf
    This is what he compares the speed of the Storm Shadow with...make sure you're seated.
    Did you see how fast that comes in? That’s extremely fast for a cruise missile. In fact, that more closely resembles footage of Iskander missile hits I’ve posted before.
    He goes further...
    In fact, you’ll note that the Storm Shadow’s speed more closely resembles the legendary Soviet Kh-22, seen here hitting Kremenchug last year:

clown  

You quote a standard level of NAFO breed expert in anal-itics.
    Don't mean the Werewolf Laughing

GarryB, Regular, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:39 pm

Mercouris keeps on citing this Simpli-tard NAFO as some sort of serious analyst. I could smell his bent a mile away. The tone of the language always gives these clowns away.

GarryB, Hole, Mir, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:43 pm

The alcoholic guy broadcasting from his closet?
    Yeah, I buy him all way long Laughing

GarryB and jon_deluxe like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:50 pm

AFU on a sunday drive to Bakhmut

Hole likes this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:03 pm

Wagner base in Belarus..?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:47 pm

ALAMO wrote:The alcoholic guy broadcasting from his closet?
    Yeah, I buy him all way long Laughing

Mercouris is in the grey zone between NATzO fantasy spew and reality. There are no "western" analysts who are in the reality zone. But this does
    no mean Mercouris is to be written off. He is one of a tiny number of voices for sanity in the NATzO west.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:59 am