Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
AlfaT8
Tolstoy
Kiko
Hannibal Barca
Tsavo Lion
flamming_python
Backman
Rodion_Romanovic
kvs
mavaff
dionis
TMA1
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
Mir
crod
Arrow
ahmedfire
Big_Gazza
PhSt
mnztr
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
George1
Belisarius
SolidarityWithRussia
ArgentinaGuard
par far
Sujoy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Airbornewolf
Walther von Oldenburg
ALAMO
sepheronx
Hole
starman
nomadski
GarryB
thegopnik
JohninMK
Isos
lancelot
Karl Haushofer
Eugenio Argentina
48 posters

2024 Iran–Israel conflict

Isos
    Isos

2024 Iran–Israel conflict - Page 36 Empty Re: 2024 Iran–Israel conflict

Post  Isos Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:06 am

That's just a small part of the base and noot the one where f-35 are I think. You can see big planes around so very likely hangar for them or repair shops.

crod, Hannibal Barca and kvs like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:29 am

Isos wrote:That's just a small part of the base and noot the one where f-35 are I think. You can see big planes around so very likely hangar for them or repair shops.

2024 Iran–Israel conflict - Page 36 Img_0411

GunshipDemocracy, nomadski and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:53 am

Isos wrote:That's just a small part of the base and noot the one where f-35 are I think. You can see big planes around so very likely hangar for them or repair shops.

Here is the base location :

31.200033249033964, 35.018431790302124

As we could see about 20 direct missile strikes, the scale of destruction is clearly higher than three visible hits.

Edit : what is supposed to be a record of Iranian missiles flying over Jordan.
    We can mark some interception attempts being done, and a few missiles hit en route.

Last edited by ALAMO on Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Eugenio Argentina likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:17 am

“The Iranians targeted exactly what they wanted to target (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34054)… multiple air bases, including the one that, apparently, the attack that killed Hezbollah's Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah [was launched from],” he noted. “It's a new day for Israel. It's a new day for Iran, for the US, for the resistance axis, for the entire world.”

“They gave the US time, they gave a chance for a ceasefire in Gaza... But we have seen now for months on end that Israel sabotages these negotiations (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/23173) day in and day out.”

Israel’s regional deterrence has historically rested its Iron Dome and the support it enjoys from the US. But Iran’s use of hypersonic missiles has proven that Tehran has the ability to bypass the defense system (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34059)and strike any target within Israeli territory. Meanwhile, the US has found itself boxed in by the upcoming presidential election as President Biden works to prevent the outbreak of a regional war that could sink Democrats’ chances in November.

“They are getting cut down [in Lebanon],” Carrillo claimed. “They are getting ambushed (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34179). They are getting sent back with their tails between their legs because they do not have the winning hand. So Iran last night warned Israel, ‘Do not miscalculate.’”

After Tuesday’s attack, has Iran eclipsed Israel’s deterrence capacity? (Part 2 👉 Part 1 (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34195))

Beirut-based journalist Esteban Carrillo claimed the balance of power in the Middle East has changed after Iran’s attack against Israel Tuesday (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34060), with Iranian hypersonic capabilities and other events on the ground limiting Israel’s options.

“‘Do not think that you can, at this point, hit us again,’” Carrillo said on Sputnik’s Fault Lines program, summarizing the message sent by Tehran’s attack. “‘Because if you do, if you come and you hit Iran,’ they are saying, ‘you are going to face our wrath. You are going to quickly collapse. This is going to be the end of you. (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34104)”

Meanwhile, questions have been raised about the United States’ capacity to continue arming its Israeli ally as it faces commitments across the globe.

“How are we now going to supply Israel in another war?” asked host Jamarl Thomas, suggesting the US is being stretched thin by providing arms in various conflicts. “Against what, three states? Four states? Gaza, Syria, Lebanon, and Iran? And the Houthis. Five states. How are we going to supply weapons for this larger war while the war in Ukraine also continues (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/33648) at a steady pace?”

“Don't forget about Taiwan too,” Carrillo noted, “this planned escalation against China (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/31494) which is also in the wings, which is also something that the US hasn't given up on… Diplomacy is a foreign word for [the US government]... a dirty word even… US officials seem really just hellbent on lining their pockets with money from the weapons companies because at the end of the day, war is just a money-laundering machine.”

https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34195

Mir and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:08 pm

Exoatmospheric intercepts possibly Arrow 3? I wonder how many missiles were intercepted by Israeli AD and AEGIS in total.

nomadski likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:07 pm

Video does NOT show intercept . It shows an explosion only . There is no Rocket plume before intercept . Unless this Rocket had invisible plume , unlike others . Most likely the SAM warhead designed to spend it's payload at terminal point . As was pointed out before , why sirens sounded after Rocket impact ? And such low intercepts ? Me thinks Rockets are low RCS .....Plus decoys........And fast ! cry

lol1

Hannibal Barca, Eugenio Argentina, Belisarius and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:10 pm

Video does NOT show intercept . It shows an explosion only . There is no Rocket plume before intercept . Unless this Rocket had invisible plume , unlike other wrote:

These are intercepts. The ABM missile's engines are not running all the time. They occur high above the atmosphere.
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:13 pm

More images published by the American Maxar company.
    More damage than previously admitted!
    2024 Iran–Israel conflict - Page 36 GY8_1UzXIAAnUfF?format=jpg&name=small
    2024 Iran–Israel conflict - Page 36 GY8_1UsWMAAsrJB?format=jpg&name=small
    2024 Iran–Israel conflict - Page 36 GY8_1U7WMAAyD1F?format=jpg&name=small
    https://x.com/MyLordBebo/status/1841760963629891878

Hannibal Barca, JohninMK, starman, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS and Mir like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:16 pm

@ Video above showing alleged exoatmospheric interceptions:

Colour me unimpressed.   Israel is like its pet pit bull America, only ready to attack defenceless countries.  

But this does not make Iran safe.   It has apparent internal subversion rot and can drop the ball with any military engagement with Israel and its dog.   The death of the previous
    president demonstrates this well.   Dying while riding a decrepit US helicopter instead of functional and better Soviet/Russian models.   The infiltration is deep.

Hannibal Barca, LMFS, Hole and Mir like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:30 pm

I have sensed that military manoeuvres do happen , right when there is internal conflict . Such as " crossing," the Araxes River into R . Azer , just when a shrine is attacked . So external conflict ( phoney or theatrically ) can possibly be started as a social glue ! Such was the case during Iran/ Iraq war . Iran rejecting peace proposals twice . The right wing exterminating the left , the sound of Artillery drowning the cries of the people . So it helps those in power , play with their balls , not drop them .

Rolling Eyes
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:19 pm

If the "left wing" needs to pander to the NATzO west in its alleged fight with the right, then it is nothing but compardor scum. This appears to be a common theme with modern
    left. It has been hijacked by globalists who are ultimately the worst form of right wing. They want to restore the aristocratic order with the prole masses being serfs on their
    plantations. Any "leftist" that lubricates this process needs to be exterminated.

flamming_python, GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina and Kiko like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:45 pm

Iranian media publish new footage of Iran's preparation of missiles for an attack on Israel (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34067).

https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34227
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:57 pm

kvs wrote:If the "left wing" needs to pander to the NATzO west in its alleged fight with the right, then it is nothing but compardor scum.   This appears to be a common theme with modern
    left.   It has been hijacked by globalists who are ultimately the worst form of right wing.    They want to restore the aristocratic order with the prole masses being serfs on their
    plantations.   Any "leftist" that lubricates this process needs to be exterminated.

What you were referring to , and is generally confused with the " left , " is actually the liberal left or phoney left . A section of the right wing , what you called the globalist . I am not talking about that . I was talking about the Iranian working class political party , that was exterminated and the large masses of Iranian people who are the majority and are powerless and oppressed by the right wing . The right wing in power now , is a mix of liberal and national elements , but in their oppressive and dictatorial rule , they unite against the majority . I think that , if confronted with loosing power to the left ( Iranian working class ) , that they would unite with even the monarchists and invite uncle Sam back .

Rolling Eyes

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:42 pm

🎥|🇮🇷 NEW: A new footage shows more successive impacts at the israeli Nevatim airbase.

Some explosions (00:21) are stronger than the others which means that the 700-800 kg heavy warheads of the Iranian liquid propellant missiles also hit this base.

➡ Keep in mind, this is israel’s most secured airbase and they are very proud of this base.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/8722

Hannibal Barca, starman, LMFS, Hole and Mir like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:44 pm

Middle East Spectator, [3/10/2024 10:28]
    ❗🇮🇷/🇮🇱 BREAKING: A senior Iranian Official has told Al-Jazeera:

'We have sent a message to the United States through Qatar that any Israeli attack would be met with an unconventional and disproportionate response that would include nationwide infrastructure.

The phase of unilateral restraint is over. There is a regional need to restrain Israel and its madness.'

@Middle_East_Spectator

Middle East Spectator, [3/10/2024 10:40]
    🇮🇷/🇮🇱 Iranian Official to Al-Jazeera: 'We have come to the conclusion that showing restraint simply does not benefit us in terms of national security nor regional stability – Israel will do whatever it wants regardless, so now we will make them pay'

@Middle_East_Spectator

Hannibal Barca, LMFS, Hole, Kiko, Mir and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:48 pm

Israel's air defense: A high-tech shield that leaks like a sieve

On October 1, Iran fired (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34067) around 200 ballistic missiles at Israel in retaliation for Israel’s killings of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh and Hezbollah secretary-general Hassan Nasrallah. Iran claims 90% hit their targets (https://t.me/geopolitics_live/34054), while Tel Aviv insists their “state-of-the-art” air defense stopped most of them – although evidence on the ground suggests otherwise. How did Israel’s missile defense fare when really put to the test?

🌏Iron Dome: Designed for short-range threats like rockets and mortars, with a range of 4-70km. Each battery has a radar and launchers with 20 interceptors. But its weakness against mass rocket attacks has been exposed, and at $50,000 per missile it’s not exactly budget-friendly.

🌏David's Sling: Built for longer-range threats up to 300km, it uses kinetic "hit-to-kill" tech to shoot down ballistic missiles. But it lacks a fragmenting explosive warhead to take out missiles in a near-miss, and like its counterparts it buckles under mass missile attacks.

🌏The Arrow 2 and 3 systems are built to stop medium and long-range missiles up to 2,400km away and can target 14 missiles at once. But when the skies get busy, accuracy falters and their blind spots for fast-moving threats become a real problem.

🌏Iron Beam: The new kid on the block – except it’s still not quite ready to play. Touted as a ‘Star Wars’ weapon using lasers to shoot down missiles, the Iron Beam is still in development. For now, it’s nothing more than a promise on paper and Israel remains vulnerable while waiting for this technology to come online.

CNN reported that some Iron Dome batteries would be overwhelmed if Israel launched a full-scale war with Lebanon’s Hezbollah.

Russian military historian Yury Knutov told Sputnik that the Iron Dome is effective only when dealing with a few targets coming from one direction. During last year’s surprise Hamas attack on Israel, a number of rockets launched by the Palestinian militant group penetrated the air defenses and struck Israeli cities.

starman, Hole and Mir like this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:25 pm

Arrow wrote:

Israel of course denies it. Several dozen F 35Is would be a huge loss. It also shows how vulnerable the air force is to this type of attack. Of course, satellite photos will not appear. Unless the Russians make something public.

Probably countries like Russia will not show those images publically in order to avoid emberassing those Zionist cry babies. Emberassing insecure bullies just makes them more dangerous.

kvs likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:58 pm

F-35 were probably in the air, they had a small window to take off as iranian preparation were seen by the satelittes. Pilots were for sur inside the fighters and they sent all of them in the air once launches were detected. Fuel tankers were also in the air at that moment.

Maybe not all are operational and could have been hit.

Also they could have sent them in Cyprus in that UK base there.

I doubt they didn't think about it before.
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:30 pm

🇮🇷/🇮🇱 NEW: Satellite imagery from the day before the attack on Nevatim airbase shows an Israeli AWACs plane (probably Gulfstream G550) inside the exact hangar that was struck by Iran

Pinpoint accuracy.

https://t.me/Middle_East_Spectator/10607

Hannibal Barca, starman, Hole, Mir and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:22 pm

Isos wrote:F-35 were probably in the air, they had a small window to take off as iranian preparation were seen by the satelittes. Pilots were for sur inside the fighters and they sent all of them in the air once launches were detected. Fuel tankers were also in the air at that moment.
    Maybe not all are operational and could have been hit.
    Also they could have sent them in Cyprus in that UK base there.
    I doubt they didn't think about it before.

Now, just take a step back and watch what you have said from the perspective.
    A war is a war. It rules its laws.
    We are still busy discussing a single digit losses of equipment ...
    Why?
    Because it is the western driven narrative.
    A single F-35 replacement will take a year.
    Sure they are producing those on line, but still we are not talking about 15 pcs rolled out of a hangar a day. But a the 150 a year, ordered in 5 years advance ...
    It is an insane picture of a tail shaking the dog ...
    Western MIC won't accept lower income and profit margine.
    But Russkie, Chinese etc - don't follow that logic.
    Dare to imagine an end effect?

flamming_python, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina and Mir like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:24 pm

🇮🇷 🇮🇷 WATCH: Newly released footage shows the preparation of Iran's ballistic missiles for Operation True Promise-2 by the IRGC Aerospace Force engineers

https://t.me/Middle_East_Spectator/10623
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:27 pm

🇮🇷| Some of Iran’s ballistic missile impacts—mapped out based on visual evidence.

This map was created by a friend of mine from ISW (https://t.me/iswnewsmaps) .

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/8754
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:43 pm

Iran demonstrated 3 things to its adversaries with this operation

Balls
    Capability
    Achieving operational surprise

It was very successful in all these respects, and the minutiae of what equipment was damaged and what wasn't is of no importance. If the Iranians had given no warning then they could probably have taken a reasonable amount of hardware, and some personnel too. But taking out equipment and manpower wasn't the priority, they wanted to send a message not repeat Pearl Harbor

Hannibal Barca, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, starman and Mir like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:41 pm

nomadski wrote:
    I was talking about the Iranian working class political party , that was exterminated and the large masses of Iranian people who are the majority and are powerless and oppressed by the right wing . The right wing in power now , is a mix of liberal and national elements , but in their oppressive and dictatorial rule , they unite against the majority . I think that , if confronted with loosing power to the left ( Iranian working class ) , that they would unite with even the monarchists and invite uncle Sam back .

Rolling Eyes

How do you know that most people in Iran are unhappy? What is your source of information? And of course, they want to live in countries where "refugees" replace their population, with censorship, high crime rates, chronic crises, and imprisonment for not using the correct pronouns. You mean Western democracies?

Pahlavi was a British  bitch. He was dictator  too the only difference is they were western bitches. After  MI5/6 +CIA overthrow democratically elected Mossadegh. But ok I dont get it its   something else Smile

flamming_python, Hannibal Barca, kvs, Eugenio Argentina and Hole like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:17 am

I have no idea if this has been posted as I, like others here, can't get Telegram videos

kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:19 pm