Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
mr_hd
Belisarius
Erk
Azi
owais.usmani
Walther von Oldenburg
jhelb
Lurk83
mavaff
RTN
Rasisuki Nebia
jon_deluxe
DerWolf
psg
lyle6
Dima
zepia
Rodion_Romanovic
Arsenic
auslander
sundoesntrise
Krepost
nero
ATLASCUB
Godric
Singular_Transform
ArgentinaGuard
Ispan
AlfaT8
VARGR198
Boshoed
Eugenio Argentina
Cheetah
Dr.Snufflebug
Scorpius
ludovicense
Sujoy
rigoletto
mnrck
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
mnztr
Broski
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
franco
Werewolf
mack8
par far
Odin of Ossetia
lancelot
Airbornewolf
teh_beard
Vann7
andalusia
Arkanghelsk
JohninMK
zorobabel
Big_Gazza
Arrow
flamming_python
nomadski
EkErilaz
walle83
diabetus
limb
Mir
Stealthflanker
Hole
ucmvulcan
Urluber
ALAMO
Regular
miketheterrible
Aristide
Isos
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6

Post  Regular Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:12 pm

Scorpius wrote:https://t.me/boris_rozhin/32342
    The moment of the fall of the rocket in Donetsk. Cameras at the entrance to the DNR Bank. There are women and children in the frame.

That's terrible, I hope the kid escaped without injuries and the guys with injured legs survived. Just shows how deadly shrapnel can be.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:14 pm

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/43560

Fucking BTR 4 working on guys BMP1, you can see their feet behind the BMP

That is 30mm HE FRAG?

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:15 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/intelslava/22333

Chechens close to kiev

Those ODON forces are built for urban combat

Those St. George stripes make them look like they are wearing tracksuits.

15km from Kiev is in range of their artillery, I hope they know what they are doing as they are very tightly packed. It looks they are securing surroundings, proper siege will commence soon.

billybatts91 likes this post

Lurk83

Post  Lurk83 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:32 pm

Chechens close to kiev

Why do they look so much better equipped than the rest of the Russian troops we’ve seen with the possible exception of VDV at gostomel?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/43560

Fucking BTR 4 working on guys, you can see their feet behind the BMP

Wait a sec? Is it BMD? BTR 4 was using 30mm осколочно фугасный (OF) rounds, but still managed to shred BM(?) and by how they were aiming, it seems some rounds got under. ZTM-1 is either a very inaccurate cannon or they didn't zero it.

Makes you wish that soldiers had heavier IFV's in service that can survive 30 mm AP fire from the front.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:35 pm

They are urban storm troops, so they have bells and whistles

But from what I've seen the regular infantry from motorized rifle battalions look decked out too

Platoon commander has tablet strelets,

Look at war gonzos vids he's with the russian motor rifle forces, and they have nice gear too

Big_Gazza, Hole, Lurk83 and Urluber like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:37 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:1) India is considering taking up a Russian offer to buy its crude oil and other commodities at discounted prices with payment via a rupee-rouble transaction, two Indian officials said, amid tough Western sanctions on Russia over its invasion of Ukraine
    Good if this happens but I'm not sure if Rupee Rouble transactions can take place.

Balance of trade has always been in Russia's favour YoY. So what will Russia do with billions of Indian Rupees.

They have already been using this system of payment with S-400 deal I believe

owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:39 pm

Regular wrote:

Fucking BTR 4 working on guys, you can see their feet behind the BMP

Wait a sec? Is it BMD? BTR 4 was using 30mm осколочно фугасный (OF) rounds, but still managed to shred BM(?) and by how they were aiming, it seems some rounds got under. ZTM-1 is either a very inaccurate cannon or they didn't zero it.

Makes you wish that soldiers had heavier IFV's in service that can survive 30 mm AP fire from the front.  

It's BMP 1 , the turret and hood give it away

Yeah he aims low as the rounds almost bounce and ricochet off the ground

It looked like the hull was penetrated , for the guys behind, it was a bad day for sure

It's war

Thank you for clarifying AP round, I only could find 3UOF8 which is HE FRAG seems like
    mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:40 pm

The aftermath in Donetsk. So bad.

dino00, Big_Gazza, LMFS and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:42 pm

https://t.me/intelslava/22336

T72b3 working on buildings in volnovakha, those guys having a bad day too, enough to go around
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:48 pm

Regular, you might be right it could be BMD 1 , i can't tell, honestly idk wtf it is, some say it looks like a BMP 0.5 , lol but probably militia

But even an LAV would get wrecked by 30mm , or even .50

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Regular and auslander like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Lurk83 wrote:

Chechens close to kiev

Why do they look so much better equipped than the rest of the Russian troops we’ve seen with the possible exception of VDV at gostomel?

Looks can be deceiving, but they don't look better equipped than Razvedka guys of the Russian army, not to mention SSO with all the gucci gear and Gost 6 plates.

Lurk83 likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:55 pm

Incoming today at Berdyansk port. Wrong colour for warships, maybe supplies?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 FNz5mw8XsAUQljP?format=jpg&name=small

TheShipYard
    @TheShipYard2
    ·
    23m
    GRIGOROVICH CLASS FFGH LOCATED

Imagery from the 130937Z Mar 22. 2 units located North of Snake Island with 2 x unknow vessels and a Ropucha I LST

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 FN0FrY2WQAQECPw?format=jpg&name=small

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 FNxEw4XXoAM3aeN?format=jpg&name=small

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:00 pm

Lurk83 wrote:

Chechens close to kiev

I have read around that Kadirov got a lot of financing from central government to enhance his army.

Yugo90 likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:05 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Regular, you might be right it could be BMD 1 , i can't tell, honestly idk wtf it is, some say it looks like a BMP 0.5 , lol but probably militia

But even an LAV would get wrecked by 30mm , or even .50

Or maybe you are right, it looks to wide than BMD, but I am no expert. Yes, LAV, Stryker, Boxer, M2 Bradley even with armor addons would be goners here. Only few IFVs claim to survive 30mm from the front - CV90 with applique armor and Lynx IFV. Ignore me here, I never seen HE rounds hit the vehicle before and I thought they have no penetration at all.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:08 pm

That is 30mm HE FRAG?

Another deepfake in my opinion.

Check how the shadows of the lampposts/electrical posts cast a shadow to the left.
    The BMP does not cast any shadow.

From the angle the BTR is filming it should have seen an shadow clearly.
    But instead, the sun is hitting the BMP on the wrong side!?.
    It only casts an shadow under the BMP. not even on the troops behind it.

kind of shit...when your PC can not render the shadows of dynamic objects isnt it?.

Also, i recognise ARMA AI in here. How you order troops to "disembark" and they all bunch up on the rear of the vehicle.
    When they get out they take this idle standing stance. this just looks like it.
    Save the vid, and go frame by frame at full screen at the feet.

So unless the Russians/another source confirm it with evidence, i call bullshit on this one.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 Captur71

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 Captur72

Downright Pathetic.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, lyle6 and Arkanghelsk like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:12 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:It the plant is mostly safe For Russia it would not be bad to have a second marine and energy gas turbine plants Ina friendly Novorussian state. Especially since they produce also the reduction gearboxes, for which  Zvezda in Saint Petersburg had several issues and delays.
    Russia at the moment does not produce the old
     Are you saying that reduction gearboxes are being designed in Novorussia?

Re the turbines, NPO Saturn is designing turbines to replace the Ukranian ones but have they been fitted on any Russian ships yet?

No, of course not.

I just mentioned that the former responsibilties of zorya mashproekt were split between Zvezda (the company in Saint Petersburg, not the shipyard in the fat east) , which does the reduction gears, and Saturn which does the gas turbines.

However I heard that the Zvezda had some issues with production rates.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:15 pm

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/43575

How long does autoloader take usually? Here I counted 19 sec between first shot and second

Not bad, he was also relocating positional for the second shot

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:16 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:
    So unless the Russians/another source confirm it with evidence, i call bullshit on this one.

Downright Pathetic.

Why would they depict this? This video is also cut, please see the left top corner and change of azimuth/turret direction. It's not continuous video as it is being presented.

d_taddei2 likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:18 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:

That is 30mm HE FRAG?

Check how the shadows of the lampposts/electrical posts cast a shadow to the left.

kind of shit...when your PC can not render the shadows of dynamic objects isnt it?.

Also, i recognise ARMA AI in here. How you order troops to "disembark" and they all bunch up on the rear of the vehicle.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 Captur71

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #6 - Page 24 Captur72

Downright Pathetic.

I would like to believe it is fake,

The footage looks good, but like you said those shadows might be questionable

We'd have to see, anyway , it could be bad rendering of ARMA bullshit

Hopefully it is so

Looks real enough... gut wrenching, but fucking war is always
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:

Downright Pathetic.

I am pretty sure they are real, also I don't know any Video Game that has damage modelling of burning entry holes and "popping" engine compartment doors. That is unfortunately nightmare for any receiving end what they have experienced. My question would be, why BMD-1?

Broski likes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:22 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/43575

How long does autoloader take usually? Here I counted 19 sec between first shot and second

Is he - angling? LMAO Razz
    Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:24 pm

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:25 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/43575

Roughly 7 seconds or so, it all depends on where the round is in the carousel, but more or less it's constant if ammo is not being reselected. Also, it's not a machine gun, gunners usually shoot after the command is given by TC and he has to confirm target and etc. Fire rates are not as important, choosing right target is.

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:25 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

Downright Pathetic.

I am pretty sure they are real, also I don't know any Video Game that has damage modelling of burning entry holes and "popping" engine compartment doors. That is unfortunately nightmare for any receiving end what they have experienced. My question would be, why BMD-1?

So we confirm bmd 1??? Looked like bmp , but there is lot of space underneath hull

Looks like militia DPRSVY detachments, the dismount should be covered , idk what gunner is doing there

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:23 pm