Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
sundoesntrise
Broski
Odin of Ossetia
BliTTzZ
Walther von Oldenburg
TMA1
Regular
par far
dionis
lyle6
zorobabel
kvs
Lapain
calripson
Tolstoy
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
famschopman
flamming_python
thegopnik
billybatts91
d_taddei2
Erk
mnztr
GunshipDemocracy
Ispan
RTN
sepheronx
Sujoy
VARGR198
LMFS
Belisarius
ArgentinaGuard
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PapaDragon
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Scorpius
nomadski
GarryB
Stealthflanker
franco
Mir
JohninMK
Hole
0nillie0
Isos
Ned86
lancelot
Serberus
Podlodka77
limb
ALAMO
owais.usmani
Arrow
Firebird
ucmvulcan
Backman
PhSt
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Big_Gazza
Azi
crod
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Ispan
    Ispan

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  Ispan 28/09/22, 02:08 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

Reporting by Boris Rozhin (Colonel Cassad)

Russian airstrikes are reported in the Kharkov region.
    The enemy continues to try to advance to the north of Kupyansk, and also continues to try to break through the front in Oskol and, threatening to encircle Krasny Liman, force our troops to withdraw from Drobyshevo, Krasny Liman and Yampol. Our troops are fighting off attacks, but the enemy is launching reinforcements. Time is now playing against him: when the Russian army receives reinforcements, the enemy will be forced to go on the defensive, so now he will try to squeeze everything that is still possible from success in Balakleya, although it is already obvious that the offensive is running out and each subsequent advance is becoming more and more expensive. The task of our troops at the current stage is to hold key positions, fully stabilize the front, replenish/rotate units on the front line and launch a counteroffensive in November-December.

Ispan

- this is not making sense

So we will go on the attack in November and December... without foliage for cover, in white

While these Ukros will dig in , and be in trenches for December...

Making the task of Russian army that much harder

The Ukrainians will do what they did in every other engagement, dig holes and stay put

They should not be allowed to entrench before winter

Hello.

I do not write these reports, I just... report them.

I pick a sample of analysis of people that over the years have proven knowledgeable and trustworthy. I do not always agree with the opinions quoted but I try to portray different points of view, from doomers like Strelkov to hooray patriots like Yura Sumy.

The reason that I keep this war journal is because none of them is as knowledgeable as myself in military matters, they all have blind spots. I am a mere civilian, but if I have two career military officers from the Spanish army and some intelligence analyst praising me and believing I had been in the military, then I am doing something right.

More or less I am in agreement with Cassad. I tend to publish materials which I consider correct or at least informative.

About your objections. I was faced with similar questions in the comments of the blog, they are worth reading, in many cases my readers do the homework for me.

I think Cassad is right that mobilization and preparing new units and the logistics will take weeks. Everybody for some reason, drawing on the historical experience expect a lull during the autumn, due to the rains and mud.

Except that in this campaign there was no lull during the spring time. As it has been stated repeatedly during all these years, with the modern roads and tracked vehicles operations can take place in mud. It will complicate things but will not halt war.

What prevents the Russian army from attacking in autumn is lack of forces, simply. Still, if the Ukrowehrmacht is  calculating the Russians can only attack come winter they will be disappointed, there will be some limited offensive in the coming weeks, simply to not allow the Ukros to consolidate and dig in.

I was always skeptical about the value of foliage. Not a protection from thermal cameras in tanks. Once the leaves fall it will be easier for the cheap drones with optical cameras to perform recon and artillery spotting.

In the end all these factors, forest cover, mud, rain don't really amount to much.

Also, you overrate the value of field positions, let's call them earthworks. Digging trenches in autumn under the rain is complicated, trenches need constant maintenance, revetment with wood and drainage. I really don't see a problem about trenches, they are dug mainly for protection value, not as a fighting position. Deep dugouts serve as a refuge, to minimize the casualties from artillery, but neither trench lines nor foxholes constitute a serious obstacle. What prevents the armored breakthrough we dream of and maneuver warfare is the terrain, impassable obstacles like the forests, lakes and creeks. Followed by the minefields and antitank missiles.

The war has degenerated into positional warfare because the Russians are unwilling and unable to pay the price of a textbook rupture of a trench line. In some places, like the fortified urban areas of the Donbass front, they are nearly impregnable and there's no question of an easy breakthrough.

Russian tactic its extremely slow and plodding, pragmatically plowing with shells a fortified position until all the bunkers have been reduced to ruins, and then pushing with tanks to deal with any surviving machineguns and only then infantry advance to do mopping up. This is very slow and wasteful of ammunition but it saves lives and armored vehicles.

But that aside, the ukros can't fortify anywhere else like those fortresses that were built over eight years. Yes, they might have enough time to dig a continuous line of trenches in the Belgorod front between the two rivers. Excavate dugouts with layers of logs and more to the point, fortify in the villages and towns.

But it the end it all comes down to the forces that hold fortifications. No amount in digging nor any extense static line will contain the Russians. Everything is in the books. Concentrate a few hundred artillery pieces, one for every 10 meters of front, make a high intensity "hurricane" bombardment of a few hours, targetting the whole depth of the enemy position (not just the first and second line of trenches, but also reserves, artillery and command posts) and then push forward with masses of tank and infantry to breach the line and then feed in reserves and order them to drive as fast and as deep in the enemy rear as they can, enveloping the enemy or forcing it to retreat before being encircled. Even I, a civilian that hasn't gone to staff college, could draw an offensive plan by copy pasting from history books. You don't even need aviation for that, so the complains about aviation being useless because air defense are moot. Long range rockets make the artillery preparation even more effective.

Static fortifications are of no use, the attacker has only to concentrate in one chosen point overwhelming force. Neither barbed wire, nor trenches, minefields, machine guns neither antitank missiles are an insurmountable obstacle. They all can be countered.

Summing it up: the stalemate of  positional warfare is not as much due to the strength of positions but due to the balance of forces between the contending armies, neither side has the strength advantage to break through.

The difficulty for the Russians is that due to US surveillance satellites they can't conceal their concentration of forces for a rupture and the enemy will always in reinforce the threatened sector. This also happened in the First World War, aviation observation perpetuated the stalemate because its reconnaissance almost aways revealed the enemy intentions. Surprise was achievable but it needed an elaborate deception plan.

So how to break through? Simple enough. Bring in more troops and it will not matter if the enemy is dug in. With equal numbers, a local concentration and superiority for the rupture can be achieved. With superior numbers you don't even need surprise, just attack at several places and the enemy will not have enough reserves to prevent a breakthrough somewhere.

Last edited by Ispan on 28/09/22, 08:44 am; edited 2 times in total

franco, markgreven, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Lapain and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  Serberus 28/09/22, 02:26 am

The first figures from the referendums on joining Russia:
    ▪in Zaporozhye region for - 98.19% (data from 18% of votes)
    ▪in the DPR for - 97.91% (data from 14% of the vote)
    ▪in the LPR for - 97.82% (data from 13% of the vote)
    ▪in the Kherson region for - 96.97% (data from 14% of the vote)

GarryB, Firebird, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Azi, BliTTzZ and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir 28/09/22, 02:34 am

Serberus wrote:The first figures from the referendums on joining Russia:
    ▪in Zaporozhye region for - 98.19% (data from 18% of votes)
    ▪in the DPR for - 97.91% (data from 14% of the vote)
    ▪in the LPR for - 97.82% (data from 13% of the vote)
    ▪in the Kherson region for - 96.97% (data from 14% of the vote)

Still a bit of counting to be done but I can't see any other possible result.
    Naturally NATzo will not recognize the results, but what is more important is the Russian military response when attacks are launched on their newly acquired territories.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Azi and like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy 28/09/22, 03:03 am

owais.usmani wrote:
    Backman wrote:https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/27384

The former general director of Roskosmos, Dmitry Rogozin,  lol1 may head the new embassy, Vedomosti reports. @kedmi

@PapaDragon: Here you go, your prayers are being answered! Very Happy

embassy to part of Russia?! so why not embassy to St. Petersburg or Omsk?!

Hole likes this post

limb

Post  limb 28/09/22, 03:12 am

Krasniy liman is almost cut off.

Russians have failed to counterattack the vulnerable gut spearhead of the Ukrainians in redkodub,and so theyve widened and secured it.

Ukrainians successfully made more poontoon bridges around yampol and have semt recon troops with light armored vehicles there. No me tion if them being successfully destroyed.
    The K. Liman-Kremennaya road is no longer safe.
    The only relatively sage route to K. Liman is through makeevka but its most likely gonna be cut off soon.
    According to the commenters, its almost certain the Russian army will do a "regrouping to transfer forces to donbass" and most likely abandon kremennaya, kupyansk and the entire oskol line.

This offensive proves that the Russians are dogsh*t at defending AND crossing rivers for offensives. They simply cannot destroy them enough and cannot destroy Ukrainian troops trying to cross en masse. Its understandable if theyre just small groups, but the Ukrainians gave crossed the severskiy donets with more than 10000 mechanized troops.

Source:https://t.me/boris_rozhin/65262

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

limb

Post  limb 28/09/22, 03:18 am

Ispan wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

Reporting by Boris Rozhin (Colonel Cassad)

Russian airstrikes are reported in the Kharkov region.
    The enemy continues to try to advance to the north of Kupyansk, and also continues to try to break through the front in Oskol and, threatening to encircle Krasny Liman, force our troops to withdraw from Drobyshevo, Krasny Liman and Yampol. Our troops are fighting off attacks, but the enemy is launching reinforcements. Time is now playing against him: when the Russian army receives reinforcements, the enemy will be forced to go on the defensive, so now he will try to squeeze everything that is still possible from success in Balakleya, although it is already obvious that the offensive is running out and each subsequent advance is becoming more and more expensive. The task of our troops at the current stage is to hold key positions, fully stabilize the front, replenish/rotate units on the front line and launch a counteroffensive in November-December.

Ispan

- this is not making sense

So we will go on the attack in November and December... without foliage for cover, in white

While these Ukros will dig in , and be in trenches for December...

Making the task of Russian army that much harder

The Ukrainians will do what they did in every other engagement, dig holes and stay put

They should not be allowed to entrench before winter

Hello.

I pick up a sample of analysts of people that over the years have proven knowledgeable and trustworthy. I do not always agree with the opinions quoted but I try to portray different points of view, from doomers like Strelkov to hooray patriots like Yura Sumy.

The reason that I keep this war journal is because none of them is as knowledgeable as myself in military matters, they all have blind spots. I am a mere civilian, but if I have two career military officers from the Spanish army and some intelligence analyst praising me and believing I had been in the military, then I am doing something right.

More or less I am in agreement with Cassad. I tend to publish materials which I consider correct or at least informative.

About your objections. I was faced with similar questions in the comments of the blog, they are worth reading, in many cases my readers do the homework by me.

I think Cassad is right that mobilization and preparing new units and the logistics will take weeks. Everybody for some reason, drawing on the historical experience expect a lull during the autumn, due to the rains and mud.

Except that in this campaign there was no lull during the spring time. As it has been stated repeatedly during all these years, with the modern roads and tracked vehicles operations can take place in mud. It will complicate things but will not halt war.

What prevents the Russian army from attacking in autumn is lack of forces, simply. Still, if the Ukrowehrmacht is  calculating the Russians can only attack come winter they will be disappointed, there will be some limited offensive in the coming weeks, simply to not allow the Ukros to consolidate and dig in.

I was always skeptical about the value of foliage. Not a protection from thermal cameras in tanks. Once the leaves fall it will be easier for the cheap drones with optical cameras to perform recon and artillery spotting.

In the end all these factors, forest cover, mud, rain don't really amount to much.

Also, you overrate the value of field positions, let's call them earthworks. Digging trenches in autumn under the rain is complicated, trenches need constant maintenance, revetment with wood and drainage. I really don't see a problem for trenches, they are dug mainly for protection value, not as a fighting position. Deep dugouts serve as a refuge, to minimize the casualties from artillery, but neither trench lines nor foxholes constitute a serious obstacle. What prevents the armored breakthrough we dream of and maneuver is the terrain, impassable obstacles like the forests, lakes and creeks. And next the minefields and antitank missiles.

The war has degenerated into positional warfare because the Russians are unwilling and unable to pay the price of a textbook rupture of a trench line. In some places, like the fortified urban areas of the Donbass front, they are nearly impregnable and there's no question of an easy breakthrough.

Russian tactic its extremely slow and plodding, pragmatically plowing a fortified position until all the bunkers have been reduced to ruins, and then pushing with tanks to deal with any surviving machineguns and only then infantry advance to do mopping up. This is very slow and wasteful of ammunition but it saves lives and armored vehicles.

But that aside, the ukrops can't fortify anywhere else like those fortresses that were built over eight years. Yes, they might have enough time to dig a continuous line of trenches in the Belgorod front between the two rivers. Excavate dugouts with layers of logs and more to the point, fortify in the villages and towns.

But it the end it all comes down to the forces that hold fortifications. No amount in digging nor any extense static line will contain the Russians. Everything is in the books. Concentrate a few hundred artillery pieces, one for every 10 meters of front, made a high intensity "hurricane" bombardment of a few hours, targetting the whole depth of the enemy position (not just the first and second line of trenches, but also reserves, artillery and command posts) and then push forward with masses of tank and infantry to breach the line and then feed in reserves and order them to drive as fast and as deep in the enemy rear as they can, enveloping the enemy or forcing it to retreat before being encircled. Even I could draw an offensive plan by copy pasting from history books. You don't even need aviation for that, so the complains about aviation being useless because air defense are moot. Long range rockets make the artillery preparation even more effective.

Static fortifications are of no use, the attacker has only to concentrate in one chosen point overwhelming force. Neither barbed wire, nor trenches, minefields, machine guns neither antitank missiles are an insurmountable obstacle. They all can be countered.

Summing it up: the stalemate of  positional warfare is not as much due to the strength of positions but due to the balance of forces between the contending armies, neither side has the strength advantage to break through.

The difficulty for the Russians is that due to satellites they can't conceal their concentration of forces for a rupture and the enemy will always in reinforce the threatened sector. This also happened in the First World War, aviation observation perpetuated the stalemate because its reconnaissance almost aways revealed the enemy intentions. Surprise was achievable but it needed an elaborate deception plan.

So how to break through? Simple enough. Bring in more troops and it will not matter if the enemy is dug in. With equal numbers, a local concentration and superiority for the rupture can be achieved. With superior numbers you don't even need surprise, just attack at several places and the enemy will not have enough reserves to prevent a breakthrough somewhere.

Yeah, I dont believe in doomers like strelkov. He has a personal agenda and vendetta against those he thinks wronged him. However rybar and rozhin are accurate.

Btw, in your opinion, why can the Ukrainians still conjure up dozens of thousands of well armed troops like in izyum and continuously reinforce multiple pikts on the frontline over weeks with thousands of troops (artemovsk, peski, marinka)without any negative consequences? All this despite constant kalibr strikes on training grounds and marshalling points? Are the Russians massively exaggerating Ukrainian losses in these strikes? Do Ukrainians simply have many,many times more well equipped troops than previously estimated by Russia. Osint and MoD?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy 28/09/22, 03:25 am

limb wrote:
    Btw, in your opinion, why can the Ukrainians still conjure up dozens of thousands of well armed troops like in izyum and continuously reinforce multiple pikts on the frontline over weeks with thousands of troops (artemovsk, peski, marinka)without any negative consequences? All this despite constant kalibr strikes on training grounds and marshalling points? Are the Russians  massively exaggerating Ukrainian losses in these strikes? Do Ukrainians simply have many,many times more well equipped troops than previously estimated by Russia. Osint and MoD?

not necessarily wrongly estimated before operation. But now the whole nato training capabilities are working 24/7 to train the arm new meat for grinder. There is a constant supply of weapons ammunition and weaponry. With current Russian forces it might end up like Zerg rush in Starcraft against too few space marines.

BliTTzZ, Mir, Arkanghelsk and Podlodka77 like this post

limb

Post  limb 28/09/22, 03:35 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    limb wrote:
    Btw, in your opinion, why can the Ukrainians still conjure up dozens of thousands of well armed troops like in izyum and continuously reinforce multiple pikts on the frontline over weeks with thousands of troops (artemovsk, peski, marinka)without any negative consequences? All this despite constant kalibr strikes on training grounds and marshalling points? Are the Russians  massively exaggerating Ukrainian losses in these strikes? Do Ukrainians simply have many,many times more well equipped troops than previously estimated by Russia. Osint and MoD?

not necessarily wrongly estimated before operation. But now the whole nato training capabilities are working 24/7 to train the  arm new meat for grinder. There is a constant supply of weapons ammunition and weaponry. With current Russian forces it might end up like Zerg rush in Starcraft against too few space marines.

But the thing is that this isn't just meat for the meatgrinder. At izyum dozens of thousands of ukrainian troops were well trained. It takes at least 3months to adequately train a soldier in small unit tactics, trench maintenance recon, etc. What Im saying is so far there hasn't been enough time to train all these troops in NATO countries. Also if ukraine is on its 7th wave of mobilization, then how has the number of ukrainiane troops not declined? NATO country volunteers are only so much, around 10000. Ukrainian troops in kharkov mustve been over 100000 in number alone. In donbass who knows how many there are. Probably 400000-500000.

Arkanghelsk likes this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 28/09/22, 03:39 am

Anyone hear about Nordstreams 1 and 2? They are both leaking under the sea. Its believed someone has deliberately sabotaged them.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk 28/09/22, 03:52 am

Ispan wrote:

Hello.

I pick up a sample of analysts of people that over the years have proven knowledgeable and trustworthy. I do not always agree with the opinions quoted but I try to portray different points of view, from doomers like Strelkov to hooray patriots like Yura Sumy.

About your objections. I was faced with similar questions in the comments of the blog, they are worth reading, in many cases my readers do the homework by me.

Also, you overrate the value of field positions, let's call them earthworks. Digging trenches in autumn under the rain is complicated, trenches need constant maintenance, revetment with wood and drainage. I really don't see a problem for trenches, they are dug mainly for protection value, not as a fighting position. Deep dugouts serve as a refuge, to minimize the casualties from artillery, but neither trench lines nor foxholes constitute a serious obstacle. What prevents the armored breakthrough we dream of and maneuver is the terrain, impassable obstacles like the forests, lakes and creeks. And next the minefields and antitank missiles.

Russian tactic its extremely slow and plodding, pragmatically plowing a fortified position until all the bunkers have been reduced to ruins, and then pushing with tanks to deal with any surviving machineguns and only then infantry advance to do mopping up. This is very slow and wasteful of ammunition but it saves lives and armored vehicles.

But that aside, the ukrops can't fortify anywhere else like those fortresses that were built over eight years. Yes, they might have enough time to dig a continuous line of trenches in the Belgorod front between the two rivers. Excavate dugouts with layers of logs and more to the point, fortify in the villages and towns.

But it the end it all comes down to the forces that hold fortifications. No amount in digging nor any extense static line will contain the Russians. Everything is in the books. Concentrate a few hundred artillery pieces, one for every 10 meters of front, made a high intensity "hurricane" bombardment of a few hours, targetting the whole depth of the enemy position (not just the first and second line of trenches, but also reserves, artillery and command posts) and then push forward with masses of tank and infantry to breach the line and then feed in reserves and order them to drive as fast and as deep in the enemy rear as they can, enveloping the enemy or forcing it to retreat before being encircled. Even I could draw an offensive plan by copy pasting from history books. You don't even need aviation for that, so the complains about aviation being useless because air defense are moot. Long range rockets make the artillery preparation even more effective.

The difficulty for the Russians is that due to satellites they can't conceal their concentration of forces for a rupture and the enemy will always in reinforce the threatened sector. This also happened in the First World War, aviation observation perpetuated the stalemate because its reconnaissance almost aways revealed the enemy intentions. Surprise was achievable but it needed an elaborate deception plan.

Very nice written work,

One main thing, even if Ukrainians don't have time to entrench,

Launching an offensive will not contain Russia

But will still take loads of time, as you can see donbass

Even despite not having concrete fortifications ,

Repeating the process only means being caught in time consuming process of grinding the front line

To which the Ukrainians throw meat and cancel the tactics Russia uses , because they obviously have lot of manpower

I think aviation would make a difference, because instead of using artillery to break their positions and roll them with tanks and infantry

Aviation can hit them specially in specific areas of concentration and can collapse the line much faster than playing a positional game with them along the trenches

Aviation can come in, create a hole in the line anywhere Russia chooses, and create an attack opportunity in an area they cannot defend from

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 28/09/22, 03:53 am

VARGR198 wrote:Anyone hear about Nordstreams 1 and 2? They are both leaking under the sea.  Its believed someone has deliberately sabotaged them.

Well that wouldn't be an unbelievable if it did happen
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 28/09/22, 03:55 am

VARGR198 wrote:Anyone hear about Nordstreams 1 and 2? They are both leaking under the sea.  Its believed someone has deliberately sabotaged them.

famschopman

Post  famschopman 28/09/22, 03:57 am

Leak is an understatement. These tubes are made of 41mm steel walls and embedded under rocks, so this was done purposely.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, owais.usmani and like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel 28/09/22, 04:08 am

The situation is continuing to deteriorate on the Krasny Liman front. The city of 20,000 in the Donetsk People's Republic is falling into a cauldron.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 12 Photo_10
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf 28/09/22, 04:22 am

allied forces take Ukrainian checkpoint on the Bakhmut-Lisichansk road

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Broski and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk 28/09/22, 04:23 am

zorobabel wrote:The situation is continuing to deteriorate on the Krasny Liman front. The city of 20,000 in the Donetsk People's Republic is falling into a cauldron.

Idk what to say or even think at this point this is not the battle of kursk, nor is it a wehrmacht panzer army attacking Belgorod

These are fish in a barrel ukrops literally rushing out of open ground

It's ineptitude plain and simple - the assets exist to take this offensive out at the knees, but with fucking idiots in charge , using antiquated methods, this is the result

VARGR198 and billybatts91 like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 28/09/22, 04:38 am

zorobabel wrote:The situation is continuing to deteriorate on the Krasny Liman front. The city of 20,000 in the Donetsk People's Republic is falling into a cauldron.

Why are Russia's defense strategies so bad?
    calripson

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 12 Empty Dangerous Game To Play

Post  calripson 28/09/22, 04:39 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

One would think destroying global energy infrastructure would be a dangerous game to play. Illustrates the complete impudence of the US/UK strategists and their collective opinion of Putin as a punk.

GarryB, famschopman and LMFS like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf 28/09/22, 04:40 am

billybatts91 wrote:
    Why are Russia's defense strategies so bad?
    Shoigu was probably listening to critics and was going from door to door to bunch of arms chair generals to implement their Art of War strategies.

sepheronx, GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, zepia, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B and like this post

Azi

Post  Azi 28/09/22, 04:57 am

Yes...the area is only hours away from a complete encirclement. It is now in an operational encirclement...alll routes are more or less under the fire control of Ukrainain Army (there is only 1 route left!).

Hundreds or maybe a few thousand of Russias best fighters are in danger of captivity. A few Russian soldiers are already POWs now (verified videos).

To be fair Ukraine has a large manpower advantage, but Russia is not able or willing to strike behind the frontlines with aviation. Of course the offensive of Ukrainians is a big risk for themselve...they are really overstretched and have not so many reserves left. Soo it's not clear for whom it will be disaster!? But sure for one side!

But I bet my arse that kids like Podlodka77 think that is some kind of genius Kremlin masterplan! Hahaha lol!

Last edited by Azi on 28/09/22, 05:03 am; edited 4 times in total

zorobabel, limb and Arkanghelsk like this post

Azi

Post  Azi 28/09/22, 04:59 am

GarryB wrote:
    WTF

You mentioned allied forces repelling attacks against Liman multiple times... so what exactly the problem... let them fixate on that place and lose men and material trying to take it... this is snake island all over again...
    So the danger of hundreds or thousands of Russias best units as POW is a nothingburger?
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 28/09/22, 05:11 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Shoigu was probably listening to critics and was going from door to door to bunch of arms chair generals to implement their Art of War strategies.
    What a moron. Everyone knows that if you kill your enemies, they win. And massacring enemy forces in industrial quantities for negligible losses is simply just plain double bad wrong, hence why Ukraine is winning, and bigly What a Face

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel 28/09/22, 05:11 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Idk what to say or even think at this point this is not the battle of kursk, nor is it a wehrmacht panzer army attacking Belgorod

It's ineptitude plain and simple - the assets exist to take this offensive out at the knees, but with fucking idiots in charge , using antiquated methods, this is the result
    As Yuri notes, what is happening around Krasny Liman is the indication of a very serious problems with leadership. The enemy should not have been given the opportunity to establish bridgeheads across the Oskol and Donets, but now it controls kilometers of territory across both rivers, and just established a second bridgehead over the Donets. Simply ineptitude, as you note.

Ispan and Arkanghelsk like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 28/09/22, 05:12 am

lyle6 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    What a moron. Everyone knows that if you kill your enemies, they win. And massacring enemy forces in industrial quantities for negligible losses is simply just plain double bad wrong, hence why Ukraine is winning, and bigly What a Face

According to the fanboys this is all part of the plan and this is all fine, how dare you be realistic and accuse Russian leadership of incompetence.

for real tho anyone who defend this utter cluster fudge of a failure on the russians side is just a boot licking fanboy at this point, there is no defending this.

billybatts91 likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov 28/09/22, 05:13 am

zorobabel wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Idk what to say or even think at this point this is not the battle of kursk, nor is it a wehrmacht panzer army attacking Belgorod

As Yuri notes, what is happening around Krasny Liman is the indication of a very serious problems with leadership. The enemy should not have been given the opportunity to establish bridgeheads across the Oskol and Donets, but now it controls kilometers of territory across both rivers, and just established a second bridgehead over the Donets. Simply ineptitude, as you note.

I said months ago this type of situation would occur if the Russians did not beef up their troop numbers and treat this like a real war, that's the sad part really. The American saw it coming miles a few but apparently, the russian leadership didn't lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/10/24, 04:46 pm