Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
owais.usmani
Godric
VARGR198
Airbornewolf
0nillie0
andalusia
DerWolf
Firebird
Sujoy
calripson
Erk
Scorpius
Isos
mnztr
Krepost
Ispan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
sepheronx
ALAMO
Arrow
Walther von Oldenburg
GunshipDemocracy
LMFS
JohninMK
Tolstoy
Big_Gazza
Lapain
ATLASCUB
GarryB
lyle6
Kiko
Serberus
ucmvulcan
crod
Werewolf
kvs
franco
flamming_python
Broski
TMA1
auslander
AlfaT8
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
Azi
Mir
nomadski
Arsenic
sundoesntrise
Hole
Stealthflanker
Regular
caveat emptor
limb
thegopnik
billybatts91
PhSt
Backman
zorobabel
SeigSoloyvov
Arkanghelsk
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

Post  Hole Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:08 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Fehzxq10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Fehzxr10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Fehzxr11
    Freshly mobilized reservists training in Crimea.

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, starman and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:09 pm

The above is not completely accurate. No Average for each billion $ seems to be give Ukraine $100 million worth of old stuff from stock and then give the MIC $800,000,000 to replace it. The other $100 million goes for transfer and administrative costs

Considering they have no accountability of where all this shit is going they seem to be keeping a fairly careful account of what they have "donated".

Lieutenant General Roman Berdnikov (baldie), new commander of the western military district. Alexander Zhuravlev (cap) removed from the post.
    Also rumours of a new commander that will be put in charge of the entire SMO
    https://t.me/ghostnewsx/709

Wonder why he got removed if all was a planned trap?

Nothing to do with changing situation with Russian troops now defending Russian territory instead of Ukrainian autonomous region territory with 300K extra soldiers to support operations in new phase of this conflict.

Just removed from his position and not charged with anything?

(and for reasons yet to be fully understood, the Russians decline to bolster defenses in advance of a predictable offensive).

Their job was to kill Orcs, not hold every scrap of territory they happened to be operating on so in some cases they double down and defend and get supported with extra troops and in other cases they fight for a bit and then commit to a fighting withdrawal and move back to a more defensible position.

Having to stand and fight to the death means they die and will kill less enemy and the enemy will still advance.

This is actually a good thing. Normal reaction that should continue until best men occupy most critical positions.

Not evidence of anything however. Officers get replaced all the time, especially during different phases of a conflict moving from one phase to another...

Sacking the WD Commander shows it wasn't a trap nor done on purpose. So no they didn't retreat for that reason

We don't know what this replacement means, some people are just making shit up.

You keep saying this but russian troops and officers say otherwise, at this point you just refuse to see whats in front of you

On the internet everyone is a Russian officer...

Russia has not ran out of men, but they deployed to few and got caught out because of that is what happened.

They weren't caught out... the enticed Orcs to attack them... killed a good number of them and withdrew before they were surrounded... mission accomplished.

You're a fool if you believe everything you hear and see on Twatter.

Musk refused to buy it when he found out 80% of the traffic was paid western trolls.

In this case the soldiers on the ground said they gave warning about the impending offensive by the AFU, but were ignored by leadership. So there is at least the knowledge and competence at the tactical level, but not at the strategic.

How could the troops on the ground possibly know about an impending enemy advance... did they get emails?

One thing where NATO/Ukraine easily beats Russians is in intelligence amd reconaissance asset.

I disagree... HATO knows they can't win and don't care about Ukrainian casualties, their entire purpose is to kill Russians and they are failing badly.

A death toll of 100 is more than I would be happy with, but the number of dead Russians seems to suggest HATO really doesn't know what it is doing in this conflict... and lets be honest this is US Intel and we know their record in other areas.

Their planning expects all the things the Orcs simply don't have like effective artillery support and air power because the US is an air power centric organisation...

Not disagreeing with you. But knowing where Russian weak spots are allows them to make human wave attacks more successful.
    Also, in Kherson, they are throwing a lot of armour atm.

So what will their tactics be when the Russian forces go on the offensive and start advancing... how quickly can they shift forces from one area of the battlefield to another?

The problem is, that western driven propaganda is putting just the opposite to the people's heads.
    No matter what they can see with their own eyes - the narrative is claiming the other.

Except what is in peoples heads from western propaganda is not really a problem for Russia.

There are two weak points in this plan:

- massacres of Russian speaking (and now actually Russian ) population - whenever nazipigs enter
    - their army is not going to stop growing. New and new waves of mobilization and constant influx of weapons let them rebuild army pretty quick

When the Russian reinforcements are ready they wont need to give ground and can actually go on some offensives, and their army only has some significant new troops that get training in the west... the cannon fodder will continue to be ground up and when the Russians are moving forward the enemy troops sent to stop them means they will be ground up even faster...

thousands? hundreds of thousands? c'mon shall they not evacuate small towns before leaving? no this barbaric from Russian side sorry

Amusing you blame the Russians for the people refusing to leave their homes and the Orcs carrying out war crimes while the west pretends they don't happen.

Sounds like there is plenty of blame to go around... remember how this conflict started?

Hundreds of thousands of people from Ukraine autonomous regions withdrawn to Russia...

But Russians are the bad guys for not staying and dying for these people who wont move... who would be killed anyway.

I disagree. They have a whole country hostage. They are hiring all over the world for $2000 a day. That for a lot of brainwashed retards is enough. I don't think anyone should count on them running out.

They will run out before Russia runs out of ammo and missiles.

With the annexations, the whole theory of keeping Z alive to legitimize any surrender is pretty much out the window. So do we expect decapitation strikes after a short ultimatium?

The problem there is that once you start they will scatter like rats, or should I say cockroaches... short of burning the house down and building a new house from scratch your chances of getting a good number of them is thin... but certainly they should move in that direction...

I'm pretty sure that $2000 a day is what they will pay anyone with military experience who's willing to go to the front. Look at how many die ? They don't have to write that many checks. That is for living on location too.

Plus the US has spent 85 billion on the war. That's enough to pay grunts $2000 a day.

The thing is that the 2k is the poster price... when they deduct lodging and transport and all your equipment, you might end up actually getting paid half that or less and if you die you might not get your last few pays because of funeral expenses... and your commander might demand a 30% weekly bonus for not sending you on suicide missions...

Moldova in other hand are neutral. I wonder how many they can mobilize. Romanian tho may go with Moldovan uniform but if Russian intelligence is working..they will notice discrepancies there.

If Moldova wants to join the conflict then they will end up in the same game... play stupid games and win stupid prizes... Kiev could have talked and Donbass and Lugansk could have been autonomous regions, but instead they are losing a bare minimum four regions and likely more to the Russian Federation.

If Moldova wants to join in I am sure their autonomous regions will want to join the RF too.

No, because killing the leader of a UN member state comes with repercussions and no particular extra gains

It didn't in Libya or Iraq... the US tried their darnedest for decades to kill Saddam... killed a few of his mistresses in his many houses... the whole point of the UN inspector teams there for years was to pin him down for an attack.

I agree that Zelensky is a figurehead, and that anyone they replace him with might be better/more competent... but rather than just kill him I think their oligarchs and American colonial masters should be targeted... once you start hitting them others will find reasons to leave the country and the Ukrainians left behind might become less interested in doing as the US and UK and EU demand.

There can be no peace agreement with Zelensky, he has no honour and would break it before he had finished signing his name to it.

As for the idiot on Youtube, he's speaking to an already propagandized Western audience of fanboys so who the fk cares.

He is catering to a market not interested in the truth.

Anyone have ideas of what this is suppose to mean, potentially changing borders rather than liberating the entire Oblasts (Kherson and Zaparozhye) or leaving it open to make deals to do it? There was some confusion on Russian channnels when the document was signed by Putin which was worded strangely and they thought the same, now Peskov says this.

I suspect what he is saying is that as Russia takes more and more former Ukraine territory then different regions and groupings become viable... if they only took the Lugansk and Donbass do they want to remain two separate regions in the RF or join together to form one region... the two other new regions... what borders would they like... don't answer now, because after winter you might have more land to be added that also want to join the RF.

What form that Ukraine will take is up to Ukrainians... if they all want to join the RF then regions need to be set up... if they don't then their future needs to be mapped out with some sort of constitution that does not let them join the EU or HATO in the future... it wont be something Russia imposes on anyone... they will be voting for it themselves.

d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:56 pm

Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Fehzxq10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Fehzxr10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Fehzxr11
    Freshly mobilized reservists training in Crimea.

But but but the tv told me that the Russians were out of tanks and sending t-35s and bt-7s into battle

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:10 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    But but but the tv told me that the Russians were out of tanks and sending t-35s and bt-7s into battle

There was nice footage today on TG, with a mile-long echelon full of T-72B3s, looking like a full battalion set.
    With a comment that this kind of echelons does not end at the Crimean Bridge.
    Probably those are dummy only Laughing

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:31 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:

Well that is the main difference between Russian and the [F]Ukrs. Russia can produce these things in huge numbers if they want to.
    The [F]Ukrs can only beg for scraps from their new friends.

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:34 pm

Interesting complaint and probably true... bureaucrats and paper pushers. NOTE: Actually became one over time, needed for sure but a balance must be found.

FWD from Voenkor Kotyonok Z:

My brother Andrei Filatov paid a visit to my friend, a company officer, and was very surprised at how much paperwork had to be filled out during war. There's no time to fight.

https://twitter.com/rybar_en/status/1576833557179564033

GarryB and flamming_python like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:53 pm

IMO we may see hundreds of new build t-90M very soon to replace the lost tanks.

Su-57 will also benegit from the bad su-34/30 records in Ukraine. They will speed up its producyion and increase orders.

Backman dislikes this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:58 pm

This looks a bit dangerous to me.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Photo_12
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:48 pm

franco wrote:Interesting complaint and probably true... bureaucrats and paper pushers. NOTE: Actually became one over time, needed for sure but a balance must be found.

FWD from Voenkor Kotyonok Z:

My brother Andrei Filatov paid a visit to my friend, a company officer, and was very surprised at how much paperwork had to be filled out during war. There's no time to fight.

https://twitter.com/rybar_en/status/1576833557179564033

I have friends in the U.S. Army, the one that has been at war for all but 20 years of its nation's history. Yeah, war does not stop paperwork, hell if anything it increases it. Paperwork doesn't mean jack squat as its no indicator as to how effective an army is.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:14 pm

The State Duma was outraged by the provision of the Russian army. According to Andrei Gurulev, a member of the State Duma Defense Committee, one and a half million sets of uniforms were to be stored at the reception points of personnel.

"It is still unclear to me where one and a half million sets that were stored at the reception points of personnel have gone. Where are the problems with the form, something else? No one is going to explain it in any way!", Gurulev said in his telegram channel.

The deputy also criticized the decision to dismiss Deputy Minister General of the Army Dmitry Bulgakov, who was responsible for providing troops. He worked in this position for more than 12 years.

"It is not necessary to send General Bulgakov to another job, it is necessary to specifically ask where, where and why it happened that our mobilized do not receive uniforms, and so on," the deputy said.

After the mobilization was announced, the authorities assured that they would provide the recruits with everything they needed. However, it was noted that recruits can use their own equipment. The mobilized were recommended to get warm jackets, winter camouflage robes, berets and tourist mats. The military trade faced an unprecedented hype. Demand for backpacks, sleeping bags and thermal underwear has also soared. In addition, bulletproof vests have sharply risen in price. In some cases, the price increase reached more than 1000%

The telegram channel "We can explain" calculated that an incomplete and not the most expensive set of necessities in the war would cost the mobilized 76 thousand rubles. The calculations did not include branded items and premium goods, as well as the prices of speculators on the Avito website. There, resellers ask for scarce things — the same bulletproof vests or military boots — many times more than before September 21.

"I have to sell myself for organs in order to get everything I need. They speak beautifully here, but instead of the 100 thousand that they want to allocate to families, it would be better to buy uniforms and send them. They gathered guys from poor families, from villages," said the mother of one of the mobilized in Krasnoyarsk.
    https://www.moscowtimes.news/2022/10/02/kuda-delis-15-mln-komplektov-formi-v-gosdume-vozmutilis-otsutstviem-ekipirovki-dlya-prizivnikov-a24920

I think that as a result of the failures during mobilization, serious purges will follow in the logistics services of the Ministry of Defense. At the same time, I ask you to take into account that the deputy's words are distorted in some way: he does not declare that "1.5 million sets of uniforms were missing", he asks "we had 1.5 million sets of uniforms in our warehouses, where are they? Why are the mobilized not provided with them?"
    Look at the source of the article, and this is an example of how enemy propaganda works in Russia.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs and Kiko like this post

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:45 pm

MoscowTimes??.... thats Sus.🤔

GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B and like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:58 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:MoscowTimes??.... thats Sus.🤔

Because it is. They got amplified by western friends.

GarryB and ucmvulcan like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:03 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:

Because it is.  They got amplified by western friends.

Moscow times was never in Moscow.

It was in Finland.

GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B and like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:04 pm

Now waiting for confirmation by others :

https://twitter.com/ruslantopa40/status/1576673309030088704

imagine got advance 72 km only to get mauled with just 1 way to retreat.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, thegopnik and ucmvulcan like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:06 pm

Yeah, I was going to say, isn't the Times just western financed and controled puppy training papers?

GarryB, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:18 pm

TASS

The results of the great desire of the Ukroshitstan fighters to go to the eternal hunting grounds for 03.10.2022

* The Russian Defense Ministry spoke about the losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Krasnolimansk direction
    Losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for three days amounted to 900 soldiers, the ministry said.

MOSCOW, 3 October. /TASS/. The losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Krasnolimansky direction for three days amounted to 900 military, including 100 per day. This was announced to journalists on Monday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.
    "The total losses of units of the 66th and 93rd mechanized brigades of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in this direction for three days of hostilities amounted to more than 900 Ukrainian servicemen," Konashenkov said. According to the official representative of the Russian Ministry of Defense, also in this direction, the RF Armed Forces inflicted massive fire damage on enemy reserves and units of the 66th mechanized brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Slavyansk region.
    "Up to 100 servicemen, six armored vehicles and two Grad MLRS combat vehicles were destroyed in a day," he added.

* Russian Defense Ministry: the total losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Kupyansk direction for three days amounted to more than 500 military

"The total losses of the enemy in the Kupyansk direction for three days of hostilities amounted to more than 500 servicemen and about 60 units of military equipment," Konashenkov said.
    According to the official representative of the Russian Ministry of Defense, the Russian Armed Forces launched missile strikes on the areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment of the 14th mechanized brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the area of ​​​​the settlements of Kupyansk, Dvurechnaya and Kurilovka in the Kharkov region. "More than 140 servicemen and 19 units of special military equipment have been destroyed," he added.

* Russian troops destroyed more than 260 militants of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Artyomovsk direction

Russian troops in the course of a special operation destroyed over 260 militants and 14 units of military equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (APU) with a missile strike in the Artemivsk direction. This was stated on Monday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov. "More than 260 militants and 14 units of military equipment were destroyed as a result of a missile attack on the areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment of the 10th mountain assault brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Artyomovsk direction near the village of Kalinovka," he said.

* Russian Defense Ministry: Allied forces repelled an attempted offensive by the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Donetsk direction
    More than 100 servicemen of the 21st battalion of the 56th motorized infantry brigade of the enemy were destroyed, the ministry said.

MOSCOW, 3 October. /TASS/. Allied forces during a special operation repulsed an attempted offensive by the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in the Donetsk direction, destroying more than 100 servicemen of the 21st battalion of the 56th motorized infantry brigade of the enemy. This was stated on Monday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.

* Russian Defense Ministry: Armed Forces of Ukraine broke through Russian defenses near Zolotoy Balka and Aleksandrovka

The superior tank units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) managed to penetrate into the depth of defense of the Armed Forces (AF) of the Russian Federation in the area of ​​Zolotoy Balka and Oleksandrivka. This was announced on Monday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.

* Russian troops destroyed five depots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the DPR and Kherson region

"Five depots of missile and artillery weapons and ammunition were destroyed in the areas of the settlements of Kramatorsk, Artemovsk, Opytnoye, Yampol of the Donetsk People's Republic and Dobryanka of the Kherson region," the lieutenant general Konashenkov said.
    He also specified that "the strikes of operational-tactical and army aviation, missile troops and artillery defeated 47 artillery units in firing positions, as well as enemy manpower and military equipment in 146 districts."
    "With superior tank units in the direction of Zolotaya Balka, Aleksandrovka, the enemy managed to penetrate into the depths of our defense. The units of the Russian troops occupied a pre-prepared defensive line and continue to inflict massive fire damage on the enemy," he said.

According to Konashenkov, Ukraine's losses in the area amounted to about 130 personnel and 23 pieces of military equipment.

* Russian Armed Forces hit three Ukrainian batteries of Grad MLRS in Zaporozhye region

The Armed Forces (AF) of the Russian Federation in the course of a counter-battery fight hit three Ukrainian batteries of multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) "Grad" in the Zaporozhye region in a day.
    This was announced on Monday by the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.
    "In the course of the counter-battery fight, three Ukrainian batteries of the Grad MLRS were hit in the areas of the settlements of Tsvetkovoe, Svyatopetrovka and Yablokovo in the Zaporozhye region in a day," Konashenkov said.

* The LPR said that the Armed Forces of Ukraine began to retreat near Artemovsk

The armed forces of Ukraine began to retreat near Artemivsk. This was announced on Monday by Assistant Minister of the Interior of the Lugansk People's Republic (LPR) Vitaly Kiselev. “Meanwhile, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are retreating near Artemivsk. Most likely, the lack of reserves taken off for offensives in other directions is affecting,” Kiselev wrote in his Telegram channel.

* The Aerospace Forces (VKS) of the Russian Federation destroyed the radar station of the Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile system (SAM) S-300 in the Donetsk People's Republic.
    This was announced on Monday by the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.
    "In the area of ​​​​the settlement of Nikiforovka in the Donetsk People's Republic, the Russian Aerospace Forces destroyed the radar station of the Ukrainian S-300 anti-aircraft missile system," he said.

* Russian air defense systems destroyed 15 HIMARS MLRS shells per day
    Three unmanned aerial vehicles were also shot down.

MOSCOW, 3 October. /TASS/. Russian air defense systems shot down three Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in a day, and also destroyed 15 shells of the American HIMARS multiple launch rocket system. Such data was given on Monday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Hole and Broski like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:19 pm

How many T-72s have been modernized to the B3 or B3M variant?
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:21 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 15 Fee3eb10

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, AlfaT8, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza and like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:22 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:

Because it is.  They got amplified by western friends.

It was in Finland.
    Yes it was, they only moved to the Netherlands in March this year because of the Russian law that was introduced making fake news illegal.

https://nltimes.nl/2022/03/07/moscow-times-relocating-netherlands-russia-tightens-media-restrictions

However, the fact that the Moscow Times editorial staff relocated, because they were worried about prosecution for fake news, speaks volumes.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and ucmvulcan like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:29 pm

Mark Sleboda said that Russia has a million man active duty military. What does that mean ?

How many soldiers does Russia have who's full time job is the military ?

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:29 pm

sepheronx wrote:

It was in Finland.

The F?? 😅
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:36 pm

Backman wrote:Mark Sleboda said that Russia has a million man active duty military. What does that mean ?

Means active soldiers (etc under military command and paid to do your job) but that doesn't mean all combat or infantry, means total personal in all branches in all roles
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:38 pm

Wikipedia lists 300,000 in the ground forces.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:42 pm

Belisarius wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:New and new waves of mobilization and constant influx of weapons let them rebuild army pretty quick

Ukraine does not have unlimited manpower and Western stocks are running low, not to mention the fact that Ukraine spends in days/weeks ammunition and supplies that the West takes months/years to produce.
    This true. However, we can see in the recent offensives that they are mostly the work of light infantry sent in human waves. Their lack of heavy weaponry is a weakness, however.

As for Ukraine's ability to produce further mobilizations, I wouldn't discount it. I think it is very possible Kiev could muster a total of 1 million soldiers on the front. The country no longer has a functioning economy, it simply survives off of unlimited cash flows from Washington DC. So they will send as many able-bodied men as they can. They only need a few million men in the private sector to drive trucks, keep shipments moving, and keep services barely functioning -- basically at the level of preventing mass starvation.

Just my two cents.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:03 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Backman wrote:Mark Sleboda said that Russia has a million man active duty military. What does that mean ?

Means active soldiers (etc under military command and paid to do your job) but that doesn't mean all combat or infantry, means total personal in all branches in all roles

Apparently also includes the 60,000 officer cadets in Military Academies as they are sworn in and paid employees.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:36 pm