Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+78
lancelot
Arkanghelsk
Giulio
marcellogo
Broski
AMCXXL
billybatts91
RTN
ludovicense
LMFS
Fred333
Belisarius
psg
Airbornewolf
diabetus
mr_hd
Sujoy
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
mnrck
Serberus
Scorpius
crod
d_taddei2
DerWolf
mnztr
Walther von Oldenburg
VARGR198
klahtinen
Firebird
Werewolf
Arsenic
Arrow
bandit6
Singular_Transform
Mir
auslander
GarryB
rfan
Sprut-B
Erk
Krepost
franco
sundoesntrise
Kiko
GunshipDemocracy
owais.usmani
kvs
Odin of Ossetia
sepheronx
nomadski
Backman
ucmvulcan
Big_Gazza
wilhelm
zepia
Hole
Regular
flamming_python
thegopnik
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
zorobabel
lyle6
Podlodka77
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
calripson
Azi
JohninMK
PapaDragon
Isos
Godric
Stealthflanker
famschopman
0nillie0
ALAMO
SeigSoloyvov
PhSt
82 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #28

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #28 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #28

Post  ALAMO Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:24 am

So we are talking about flying over Pridnestrovia, not Moldova.
    Russkie obviously have a different meaning of the Moldovian airspace Laughing

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #28 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #28

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:27 am

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    ⚡Moldova says that three Russian cruise missiles crossed the country's airspace

http://t.me/battleinsights

A wise leader would just ignore it.

However, where did Russian cruise missiles cross Moldovan airspace? From where did Russia launch missiles that they would cross their air space? Or did they take specifically a over the earth-napping route to avoid all ukro AD to hit Lvov?

The Moldovan Foreign Ministry claims that Russian missiles violated the country's airspace. "Three cruise missiles fired from Russian warships in the Black Sea passed through the territory of our country in the area of the village of Kolbasna (unrecognized Transnistria) and the city of Soroca. Violation of our national airspace is completely unacceptable," according to a message in the telegram channel of the ministry.

soon it will not be moldovia anymore...

GarryB, Firebird, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, JohninMK and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:30 am

German mainstream media says that the German consulate in Kiev was damaged as a result of today's strikes by the russian armed forces.

There is no electricity and water in the Chernigov region and Krivoy Rog - local authorities

Podlodka; Welcome to the Stone Age, Ukroshitstans..

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:32 am

Bild is yapping about the German consulate being hit.
    That is not true, as it is Deutsche Botshaft located in 101 Tower. The building was damaged by the explosion that strikes the TPP located across the street.

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:

As soon as Odessa will be back in the motherland, nobody will care of Moldova. Especially Russkie I guess. Let the Romanians sponsor them.

Holly shit, that was big Shocked

https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/28954

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:53 am

That attack on the bridge was dumb for ukraine. No gains out if it but pushed russians to blow up their power grid.

They knew very well what the reaction to it would be.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:58 am

TASS

updated October 10, 11:43

Lukashenko said that Belarus and the Russian Federation are starting to engage in joint military grouping

MINSK, October 10. /TASS/. Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said that Belarus and the Russian Federation are starting to use a joint regional grouping of troops.

Lukashenko recalled that in St. Petersburg, after an informal CIS summit, he had a one-on-one meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. “In connection with the escalation on the western borders of the Union State, we agreed to deploy a regional grouping of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus. This is all according to our documents,” Lukashenka said at a meeting with the military and security forces, his words are quoted by the BelTA agency on Monday.

If the threat level reaches the current level, as it is now, we begin to use the Union State grouping."

According to him, the basis of this group is the Armed Forces of Belarus. “I must inform you that the formation of this grouping has begun. It has been going on, in my opinion, for two days. My order was given for us to start forming this grouping,” the Belarusian leader said.

LukashenkO also noted that Russia is not up to this conflict now. “The second conflict was still missing, you know that they have enough problems. Therefore, you don’t count on a large number of [contingent] of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, but it will not be one thousand people,” he said, referring to the Minister of Defense. We are ready to accept these people in the near future and place them where necessary, according to our plan.

Ready to answer

Lukashenka warned that Belarus is ready to adequately respond to any opponent.

"I instructed the Ministry of Defense and the State Security Committee to work out a possible set of measures to control the situation and respond to it. But I warn you again: we will adequately respond to any enemy. We have been preparing for this for decades. If necessary, we will respond. Do not let God, of course," the BelTA news agency quoted Lukashenko as saying.

In this regard, the president drew attention to the special role of intelligence, military and civilians, who should not miss anything in the development of the situation. "We must know everything that happens near our borders," Lukashenko said.

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/16004465

Big_Gazza, kvs, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:00 pm

ALAMO wrote:Bild is yapping about the German consulate being hit.
    That is not true, as it is Deutsche Botshaft located in 101 Tower. The building was damaged by the explosion that strikes the TPP located across the street.

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:

As soon as Odessa will be back in the motherland, nobody will care of Moldova. Especially Russkie I guess. Let the Romanians sponsor them.

Yeah, what I meant is that once Odessa will be again in Russian hands, transnistria (and probably also gagauzia) will officially separate from Moldova.

As far as the rest of the country, after they have Russia as a neighbor, they can decide if they want to be nice neighbors or if they want to reap the consequences of their proNATO behaviour.

Probably the NATO and Romanian agent currently sitting in the president seat will try to use the occasion to let her country be annexed by Romania.

GarryB, Werewolf, kvs, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:

Yeah, what I meant is that once Odessa will be again in Russian hands, transnistria (and probably also gagauzia) will officially separate from Moldova.

As far as the rest of the country, after they have Russia as a neighbor, they can decide if they want to be nice neighbors or if they want to reap the consequences of their proNATO behaviour.

Probably the NATO and Romanian agent currently sitting in the president seat will try to use the occasion to let her country be annexed by Romania.

Unfortunately, joining GATO now has to be considered an act of "preliminary warfare".
    De facto GATO status also has to be considered the same.
    Ultimately, Moldova MUST remain unaligned. Otherwise Odessa/Novorossiya/DOnbass are heavily within strike range from many weapons. Not to mention Transnistria of course.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Hole and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:20 pm

⚡The Kiev regime has long used terrorist methods - Putin

⚡SBU has already committed 3 terrorist attacks against the Kursk nuclear power plant - Putin

⚡Ukraine tried to undermine Turkish Stream - Putin

⚡Russia is not allowed to investigate explosions at Nord Stream - Putin

⚡Putin: Kyiv put itself on a par with the most odious terrorist groups

⚡Putin: it is simply impossible to leave the crimes of the Kyiv regime unanswered

⚡This morning, a massive strike with precision-guided weapons was carried out on Ukrainian infrastructure facilities, Putin said

He warned that if Kyiv continued to attack Russia in Russia, Moscow's response would be harsh.

⚡The strikes were carried out on the objects of the military administration of Ukraine, communications and energy - Putin

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/13238

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:20 pm

VVP says that Ukraine attempted an attack on the Turk Stream/South Stream pipeline, as well as on the Kursk NPP.

Security council meeting ongoing. ATO next?

Would be interesting with some info on Moscow's current stance on the Nord Stream sabotage too.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, littlerabbit, Broski and Belisarius like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:21 pm

Looks like that could be the end of the fireworks for now. Putin’s statement more or less said the spanking was due to terrorist actions against Russia and such actions again will be met with similar responses…. More or less israeli style.

GarryB and Belisarius like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:25 pm

For today's strike is Russia using Kh-31 exclusively or are they using other cruise, ballistic missiles as well?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:28 pm

Firebird wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:

Unfortunately, joining GATO now has to be considered an act of "preliminary warfare".
    De facto GATO status also has to be considered the same.
    Ultimately, Moldova MUST remain unaligned. Otherwise Odessa/Novorossiya/DOnbass are heavily within strike range from many weapons. Not to mention Transnistria of course.

Moldova doesn't matter much in terms of a strike platform, nor as a buffer. Those same weapons can be based in Romania, and in fact the ranges of most types of weapons only increase with technological progress.

But keeping Moldova neutral will be a Russian priority anyway, no need to give anything up to the enemy

I remember I spoke to one Moldovan online back when the war began. Not sure if he was a Romanian-speaker or a Russian Moldovan. He was mildly sympathetic to the Russian reasons for the operation, but his main concern was his own country staying out of it, and stated that he fully supports Sandu's position - namely that Moldova remains neutral and not involve itself at all. Which indeed was the public position of Moldova when the conflict began.

Wonder what he thinks now though, with Moldova allowing transit of fuel to the Ukraine and the president making all sorts of public statements in support of NATO.
    I have a feeling Sandu's popularity is waning the more she tries to break Moldova's non-alignment, and the frequency of protests in Kishinev and some other cities is evidence to that.

Moldova's continued statehood essentially depends entirely on maintaining said neutrality.
    But it would be highly premature to talk of Pridnestrovie breaking away or Gagauzia while that remains so and Moldova has no NATO boots on the ground. And it would be inadvisable for Russia to initiate anything. Let things run their course in Moldova and see what political forces come out on top, first and foremost.

GarryB, Firebird, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, Broski and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:31 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:VVP says that Ukraine attempted an attack on the Turk Stream/South Stream pipeline, as well as on the Kursk NPP.

Security council meeting ongoing. ATO next?

Would be interesting with some info on Moscow's current stance on the Nord Stream sabotage too.

I am not sure if he meant the try to physically mine it and blow it up, or "undermine" in sense of blocking/complicating the cooperation with the Turks.
    This pipe is quite important for Turks, I hardly believe they would just walk by if the Ukrs would destroy it. And that would mean a serious blow to the assistance. Military one.

GarryB likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:39 pm

crod wrote:Looks like that could be the end of the fireworks for now. Putin’s statement more or less said the spanking was due to terrorist actions against Russia and such actions again will be met with similar responses…. More or less israeli style.

Putin seems to be a fan of Israel, but personally I'm not, and I don't see the reason for such 'demonstrative' retaliation, even given all the orgasms it's giving to the crowd here and no doubt assorted Boris Rozhin's or Slavanograd's or whatever channels in Russia.

By all means, kill the people who carried out the attack.
    And by all means, if you're planning an offensive - do cut power and communications. But if you're not planning an advance or something or other then don't do it just to teach someone a lesson.

Because Kiev is incapable of learning lessons.
    Nor do they care about how much their own people suffer. This is what a range of posters here do not understand, when they complain about Russia being too soft or not having destroyed everything within the first 48h. It wouldn't have made any difference. The people in power in Kiev are terrorists and Nazi-scum; it's to their benefit rather that Russia go all out, and then they can radicalize and weaponize more of their population. But they will continue regardless to attempt to assassinate people in Russia, destroy civilian infrastructure, escalate and provoke - while pretending it wasn't them or absolving themselves of responsibility. Just as they did everything possible to abrogate the Minsk agreements, invite NATO unofficially into the country and make war with Russia inevitable - while pretending that they cared only about peace and that everything is Putin's fault.
    It doesn't matter how much you try to scare them or demonstrate your ability to take out X, Y or Z. The only thing that matters is taking them out physically, or if that's not possible/permissible, than taking out all their military means and assorted militants.

crod, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander and Sprut-B like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Widespread looting in Kiev, apparently.

Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:45 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Widespread looting in Kiev, apparently.

How those bloody Russkie thieves&looters turned out in Kiev?!?
    Laughing Laughing

Big_Gazza, kvs, littlerabbit, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Hole, Mir, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:57 pm

crod wrote:Looks like that could be the end of the fireworks for now. Putin’s statement more or less said the spanking was due to terrorist actions against Russia and such actions again will be met with similar responses…. More or less israeli style.

I saw the statement, and the follow up comments from Peskov, appears to be exactly that. Got my hopes up for nothing. Another “red line” crossed another limited response. Putins patience for his Ukronazi “brotherly people” who hate Russia with a passion, seems infinite.
    If his pet project bridge getting attacked, isn’t a catalyst for Ukraines total destruction, nothing will be.

I an starting to agree with PapaDragon more every day

Last edited by Serberus on Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:00 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Putin seems to be a fan of Israel, but personally I'm not, and I don't see the reason for such 'demonstrative' retaliation, even given all the orgasms it's giving to the crowd here and no doubt assorted Boris Rozhin's or Slavanograd's or whatever channels in Russia.

By all means, kill the people who carried out the attack.
    And by all means, if you're planning an offensive - do cut power and communications. But if you're not planning an advance or something or other then don't do it just to teach someone a lesson.

Because Kiev is incapable of learning lessons.
    Nor do they care about how much their own people suffer. This is what a range of posters here do not understand, when they complain about Russia being too soft or not having destroyed everything within the first 48h. It wouldn't have made any difference. The people in power in Kiev are terrorists and Nazi-scum; it's to their benefit rather that Russia go all out, and then they can radicalize and weaponize more of their population. But they will continue regardless to attempt to assassinate people in Russia, destroy civilian infrastructure, escalate and provoke - while pretending it wasn't them or absolving themselves of responsibility. Just as they did everything possible to abrogate the Minsk agreements, invite NATO unofficially into the country and make war with Russia inevitable - while pretending that they cared only about peace and that everything is Putin's fault.
    It doesn't matter how much you try to scare them or demonstrate your ability to take out X, Y or Z. The only thing that matters is taking them out physically, or if that's not possible/permissible, than taking out all their military means and assorted militants.
    I’m sure as heck no fan of israel either.
    The British learnt all about ‘hearts and minds’ (eventually that is) in N Ire…stood them to good stead in Basra some years later.
    I appreciate the need to keep as many everyday Ukrainians on side lest there be insurgency in the future but it’s difficult when dual use operations are used by the Ukraine; be it port facilities (land or air), train stations or road infrastructure which is not Russia’s fault but failing to take it out is costing Russian lives.
    I was hoping that this might be the beginning of the monster attack that’s coming instead of a few hour spanking.
    I agree that knocking out water supplies and electricity only hurts everyday Ukrainians, this in turn will potentially hurt Russian interests down the line but as you say if part of a major military operation then there it is. There are some here who believe every single one is a nazi and deserves death, I categorically disagree with such sentiments myself.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, auslander, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:01 pm

ALAMO wrote:Holly shit.
    Multiple reports about a big wave of Kalibrs flying over the Back Sea.
    It is only getting started Shocked
    Bombing back to the stone age, was it something like that?
    From where did the Russians get all those washing machines?  Laughing

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, zepia, Rodion_Romanovic, Sprut-B and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:01 pm

I have just watched Putins speach, and he talked about an attempt to blow up the Turk Stream. So clear now.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Backman and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:02 pm

Against the shutdown of steel production in Europe this is strategically important if total. Also if it is, it could release a lot more manpower to the military.

Sprinter
    @Sprinter99880
    ·
    14m
    And now about the consequences.
    The defeat of the largest thermal power plant in Krivoy Rog means the cessation of work of the most important metallurgical plant "Kryvorizhstal".

From the web

Since 2007 Krivorizhstal is part of the worlds largest steel company ArcelorMittal. Today ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih employs 35000 people and runs: Two iron ore mines Six coke oven batteries Five sinter plants Six blast furnaces Two open hearth furnaces Six BOF converters A continuous caster Ten rolling mills.

ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih (former Kryvorizhstal ( Ukrainian: Криворіжсталь) is Ukraine's largest integrated steel company, founded in 1934 and located in Kryvyi Rih, in central Ukraine . Bought in 2005 by Mittal Steel, the steel plant is one of the most important Ukrainian companies and a globally important steel producer.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #28 - Page 15 Fes76dYXgAApx-y?format=jpg&name=small

crod, flamming_python, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:02 pm

Such a response will not stop anything.

No response would have been better. Because it would have left the Damocles Sword of one dangling

But Israel-style deterrence will not work. Again, Kiev's rulers care neither for their population nor their own underlings. They take their orders from Washington and receive their scripts from PR agencies. They're actors, and only acting as leaders.

You have to go in and flush them out, or stick to blasting purely military targets

franco, Werewolf, Podlodka77, Serberus and ucmvulcan like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:05 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:Head of Chechnya, Kadyrov, makes a statement:

“Zelensky complains about strikes on Kiev and other cities. And how did you, sucker-Zelensky, think: you can, but others can’t? That is, for eight years it was possible to bomb civilians, destroy the infrastructure of the cities of the LDNR, shell a nuclear power plant, blow up bridges, fire at important objects, but when it came to your head, suddenly it became prohibited? We warned you, Zelensky, that Russia hasn’t really started yet, so stop complaining like cheap stuff, but better, run before it arrives. Run, Zelensky, run without looking back towards the West. Now I am 100% satisfied with the special military operation.”

Source: Kadyrov’s TG channel

Waiting for Medvedev to top this.  respekt

Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:02 am