Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Krepost
Airbornewolf
marcellogo
klahtinen
Erk
Arsenic
littlerabbit
zare
T-47
walle83
Lapain
Azi
ucmvulcan
zorobabel
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
mack8
diabetus
DerWolf
11E
par far
Godric
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
ArgentinaGuard
Podlodka77
Rasisuki Nebia
lyle6
Odin of Ossetia
sundoesntrise
Sujoy
ahmedfire
Werewolf
billybatts91
limb
nomadski
AMCXXL
Hinex1988
Walther von Oldenburg
pavi
Firebird
Scorpius
TMA1
SolidarityWithRussia
mavaff
Regular
sepheronx
kvs
PhSt
Belisarius
GarryB
VARGR198
JohninMK
franco
Kiko
Ispan
caveat emptor
mnztr
Isos
Broski
thegopnik
Dr.Snufflebug
ALAMO
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arrow
flamming_python
Hole
Backman
higurashihougi
ludovicense
famschopman
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

Post  ucmvulcan Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:13 pm

No Seig, its engines were notoriously difficult to be maintained because they had inadequate filters to keep the sand out.  Fortunately for us, we had a damn good logistics and rear support area service so we could get those engines clean and back up to work.  Yeah, logistics and support services are the tyrant of the battlefield.  You have them you can win with most equipment.  You don't and you have a useless scrap of metal.  The Abrams did so well in Iraq because the T-72s and 64s, 62s and 55s in Saddam's army were monkey work models, used training rounds (US used depleted uraniam rounds, Iraq used rounds depleted of damn near everything, not good in combat), and were poorly deployed and enjoyed no air or artillery support and were poorly maintained.  That is why the Abrams looked so good.  Everything Iraqi tankists lacked in their favor, the US had in spades (our c3 was never interrupted, our tanks had superior armor protection and munitions, close air and artillery support, and a solid logistics and support system). Abrams in Ukraine? Its gonna be fun visiting Kubinka in a few years to see the king of the battlefield on display next to the new german kitty cats.  I mean as a taxpayer I am gonna be pissed but as one who sees NATO as a colossal blunder and moneypit that should have either offered membership to all former Soviet states and Serbia or been dissolved in 1991 I will smile.  

I assure you, in Ukraine, it will have no close air support, no artillery support, few trained crews, no real support and logistics service.  It will sit there bogged down in the mud abandoned by people who can't fix it, awaiting being carted off to Kubinka.  If Putin really wants to stick it to NATO he should have flatbed trucks to parade NATO vehicles captured intact or bombed out hulks of NATO vehicles that are still recognizable as NATO weapons at upcoming Victory Day Parades. Captured mercs and special forces should also be paraded through Red Square at a parade each year, marching under their country's flags so people can see who all is directly involved even when they say they aren't. Follow through with the street cleaners like they did in the GPW (I loved the theatricals of that), and then allow trusted members of the press to interview these POWS.

GarryB, d_taddei2, mack8, Big_Gazza, zardof, Lapain and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:15 pm

SeigSoloyvov Today at 8:29 pm
    Abrams wasn't designed for dessert combat scratch

And it's not, you're right...
    Abrams was designed to kill the unfortunates in small and weak states that were first under years of sanctions, only to end up with "Mercy Angel" and "Desert Storm" few years later..

Bro, you need to have balls to be a Serb - understand that !
    Three cities in Europe have more inhabitants than Serbia; Moscow, London and Paris. If we count Eurasia, then Istanbul, and soon St. Petersburg.
    We Serbs look more and more like a "statistical error", but at least we have pride left.
    I am not one of those who vote for the current president of Serbia because I am a follower of the Kingdom of Serbia, that is, Serbia that existed before RED TRASH.
    I hate alliances, unions, brotherhoods and unions. I don't like lies, utopia and hypocrisy...

Although ALAMO and I (there are other good people) are certainly not of the same religion, but one thing is certain - that man can always go drinking with me, while you would probably be thrown into the water from some raft...
    It's all in the mind, son, and you are miscalculated everything...
    Greetings from a Serb who was a refugee (as a child) from Croatia...
      thumbsup

Big_Gazza, kvs and ALAMO like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:22 pm

Just western reports contradicting Oryx.

Big_Gazza, VARGR198 and Belisarius like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:26 pm

Lol Go take your meds Pod, the fact I stated a simple fact and you come throwing out some insults (yes there are insults but you are trying to disguise them) is just pathetic but hey that's what I expect from you.

Reporting his comment, he has broken forum rules once again.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

owais.usmani likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:30 pm

"No Seig, its engines were notoriously difficult to be maintained because they had inadequate filters to keep the sand out.  Fortunately for us, we had a damn good logistics and rear support area service so we could get those engines clean and back up to work.  Yeah, logistics and support services are the tyrant of the battlefield.  You have them you can win with most equipment.  You don't and you have a useless scrap of metal.  The Abrams did so well in Iraq because the T-72s and 64s, 62s and 55s in Saddam's army were monkey work models, used training rounds (US used depleted uraniam rounds, Iraq used rounds depleted of damn near everything, not good in combat), and were poorly deployed and enjoyed no air or artillery support and were poorly maintained.  That is why the Abrams looked so good.  Everything Iraqi tankists lacked in their favor, the US had in spades (our c3 was never interrupted, our tanks had superior armor protection and munitions, close air and artillery support, and a solid logistics and support system). Abrams in Ukraine? Its gonna be fun visiting Kubinka in a few years to see the king of the battlefield on display next to the new german kitty cats.  I mean as a taxpayer I am gonna be pissed but as one who sees NATO as a colossal blunder and moneypit that should have either offered membership to all former Soviet states and Serbia or been dissolved in 1991 I will smile.  

I assure you, in Ukraine, it will have no close air support, no artillery support, few trained crews, no real support and logistics service.  It will sit there bogged down in the mud abandoned by people who can't fix it, awaiting being carted off to Kubinka.  If Putin really wants to stick it to NATO he should have flatbed trucks to parade NATO vehicles captured intact or bombed out hulks of NATO vehicles that are still recognizable as NATO weapons at upcoming Victory Day Parades. Captured mercs and special forces should also be paraded through Red Square at a parade each year, marching under their country's flags so people can see who all is directly involved even when they say they aren't. Follow through with the street cleaners like they did in the GPW (I loved the theatricals of that), and then allow trusted members of the press to interview these POWS."

Not trying to be rude here, but I have already said Western equipment would not do well in ukraine because it wouldn't be under NATO logistics and it will lack proper support that any tank needs to flourish, so you are literally beating a dead horse here. So I have no idea why you are trying to lecture me atm, idk maybe you didn't see I said that

That Said in terms of Combat Abrams is more than capable of dealing with Russian tanks but no it would not do well in Ukraine at all due to other factors.

Abrams was however developed for the plains of Europe not the dessert and that's the fact I was referencing.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:31 pm

Su-34s with K-35Us in Belarus.

Looks like kh-38 to me.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:16 pm

New post  Podlodka77 Today at 9:15 pm

SeigSoloyvov Today at 8:29 pm
    Abrams wasn't designed for dessert combat scratch

And it's not, you're right...
    Abrams was designed to kill the unfortunates in small and weak states that were first under years of sanctions, only to end up with "Mercy Angel" and "Desert Storm" few years later..

Oh como'n Very Happy
    Never insult your enemy if he does the things right, because you will look stupid by losing:lol:
    M1 is just a fine tank.
    Only made from the US perspective.
    If supported by huge and undisrupted logistics, it will work great.
    But in a given Ukro content, it is dead meat.
    Russkie rules the battlefield, with all the aspects.
    They are still playing with the Ukrs.
    For gods sake, this war is carried by MILITIA, VOLUNTEERS, PMC, and Chechen fukin' POLICE.
    Some rare cases when regular VDV or Marines battalions are used in some specified spots ...
    When Ukrs are advancing towards them, in most of the cases they can't even get to the contact line ...
    A regular Russkie army is still being kept in reserve, in a case, someone will present how much stupid he can be.
    If you put M1, or L2, into such intense battlefield, those will burn like bloody candles.
    Still being just fine tanks, objectively.

Yet ad rem ...
    There are multiple Ukro reports of how the Artemovsk meatgrinder is made by purpose, to cover the building up a whole corp structures counteroffensive structure ...
    Well ...
    They are resupplying the lines with SSO units and officers.
    The best they have and can use.
    POWs declare being mobilised THREE WEEKS before.
    Yeah.
    Wo ist Steiner?

Last edited by ALAMO on Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, kvs, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:27 pm

"You seem to be going through some kind of catharsis. I'm not sure in which country in the West you lived, but from personal experience, Swedes are the worst at virtue signaling, and at the same time, chauvinist people in Europe. I would say Danish are close second, but they are same garbage. So welcome to reality bro. Red pill and all. 😉"

Never been to either Denmark or Sweden, but heard from a person who lived in Sweden for years that there is lots of racism there.

Original homeland of the Ukrainians, even their national colors are the same.

Poland has historically some horrible experiences with the Swedes.

SolidarityWithRussia likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:29 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 32 Us_mic10

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs, ALAMO, zepia, VARGR198 and like this post

Arsenic
    Arsenic

Post  Arsenic Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:32 pm

Normal, there are too many immigrants/refugees in Sweden. The Swedes have an open door policy for everyone. Now they're starting to pay the price, with crime rising a lot.

par far and Big_Gazza like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:51 pm

You live in Sweden?

Are you Swedish?

How are you familiar with the current situation in Sweden?

walle83 likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:12 pm

walle83 wrote:The US plans to send about 100 Stryker armored vehicles to Ukraine as part of a new package of military aid
    walle83 wrote:Sweden just announced it will send 50 CV90s, more NLW (RB57) and up to 24 Archer Artillery System to Ukraine.

Good, keep 'em coming thumbsup

Last thing anyone needs is for this thing to end too quickly

The longer this lasts the more Ukrainians will get composted

It will also keep those bleeding-heart Ruskies from pussyfooting again (more than usual that is)

GarryB, Azi, littlerabbit, owais.usmani, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:22 pm

@Russ_Warrior
    The US to Germany: "Deploy your Leopard tanks to the Ukraine so when they will be blown up by the Russians we will make sure to destroy their reputation to sell more Abrams".
    The US is really eager to deindustrialize Germany in all sectors as quickly as possible lol.

Apparently Germany refused to send the L2...
    Seeing comments. Many feel that the British provided the Challenger as bait for the release of the L2.... With Americans as friends, who do I need enemies?

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:28 pm

When all this is over, the new "NATO Trophy" wing at Kubinka is going be to stuffed full of Western wunderwaffe.  Where else on the planet will enthusiasts be able to see Challanger 2, Abrams, Leopard 2, M109 Paladin, PzH 2000, Krab, HIMARS, M777 etc etc as well as a plethora of defeated Ukropi and Poolander/Gypsyland Soviet-era armour all under a single roof?

(Aussie Bushmasters will be on display in the Comedy Wing along with UK Saxons..Razz )

Hopefully the Kubinka management won't be charging too much for food and drinks. They need to make it a tourist mecca, and not spoil a good thing with cheap Western-style profiteering Twisted Evil

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, mack8, kvs, zepia, Azi and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:31 pm

ludovicense Today at 11:22 pm

Bro, kudos for the posts...  thumbsup
    The Nazis deserve only the worst and that's how they will end up - in the dustbin of history!
    Hail to the land of Ayrton Senna...  cheers
    Good and conscientious people are ALWAYS easy to recognize...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 32 10175510

GarryB, par far, kvs, Godric, zardof, littlerabbit and ludovicense like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:31 am

Is the song related to SMO ? IT'S NOT !!!
    Is a good part of those who fart on the forum against the Russians and the Russian army in accordance with valid information from the front?
    The answer is the same; NO IT'S NOT !
    Greetings to all of you who feel like Christians...

Heroes from Košare
    On one cold night
    When it was winter
    A Serbian mother
    Was waiting for her son

She waited for her son
    She prayed to God
    May he come back from Košare
    May he bring freedom

But instead of him
    A letter arrived
    From the heroic son
    And got her on her feet

From this battle, mother
    There is no return for me
    He who guards Košare
    Knows that evil is coming

I shall not return home
    Alive, mother
    Already now, you can light a candle
    For me, in church

May God grant me peace
    Together with other heroes
    Freedom is payed, mother
    With a high price

And teach my son
    And tell him this
    You father is, son
    In heaven's guard

There where Lazar
    Gave his head
    On holy Kosovo and Metohija
    Dad fell too

So now, son
    He stands by Miloš [Obilić]
    Christ at once has allowed him
    Into the eternal realm

Who does not remember
    The feats of the heroes from Košare
    May the curse of the Kosovo heroes
    Catch up to him

TMA1 likes this post

mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:49 am

When all this is over, the new "NATO Trophy" wing at Kubinka is going be to stuffed full of Western wunderwaffe.  Where else on the planet will enthusiasts be able to see Challanger 2, Abrams, Leopard 2, M109 Paladin, PzH 2000, Krab, HIMARS, M777 etc etc as well as a plethora of defeated Ukropi and Poolander/Gypsyland Soviet-era armour all under a single roof?

Has there been an expo in Russia showing captured western stuff yet? If so are there pictures/videos from the event? I have the feeling i've seen something a while ago, but can't put my finger on it now.

owais.usmani likes this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:37 am

(Aussie Bushmasters will be on display in the Comedy Wing along with UK Saxons..Razz )

Hopefully the Kubinka management won't be charging too much for food and drinks. They need to make it a tourist mecca, and not spoil a good thing with cheap Western-style profiteering Twisted Evil

That is the very reason you all should buy Russian stocks for UVZ as after all the wunderwaffle trope shit has been destroyed everyone will buy russian tanks.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, zepia, zardof, littlerabbit, Hole and like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:56 am

I heard about a 800 Ukrainian for 200 Russian POW exchange. What sucks is if you get captured the 2nd time as a POW and get traded again your more than likely just going to get killed by the Ukrainian soldiers. Are the Ukrainian POWs being exchanged really want to go back to Azov or do most don't have a choice when being traded?
    Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:14 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 32 Img_2260
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 32 Img_2261
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 32 Img_2262

sepheronx, GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:51 am

Not sure how to interpret "three digit"?
    It means the number of zeros so we talk 1000+?
    We do know that for a while, but it is nice that the west will start to notice...

Means 100 to 999 per day... previously there was talk of 100 per day but with three digits I would expect it would be rather more otherwise they would just say 100 plus per day.

I suggests probably going to 300-600 per day... if it was 900+ per day they would not say three digits, they would say almost 1,000 per day.

Of course their interest is to make it sound as low as possible, and of course they are guessing so could and probably are wrong anyway.

More often now, although technically wrong (as a binary k is 1024), 1k, 10k etc.

Binary and kilo are different things, binary only matters when talking in bytes so 1K is 1,000 while 1KB is 1024 bytes, where bytes is the unit of measurement like Metres or Grammes.

One byte is a character like an a or a b or a space or 7 or a ?.

(one kilobyte is 1024 because 1024 = 32^2)

Considering how stupid this guy in a henhouse looks like - the thing is real

Would be torture in a hot country in that glass house...

I guess the russian MOD is toying with the idea I was repeating for the last 8 months: slow grinding assault on the zaporozhie front. I really fucking hope its not some bullshit failure like Bolshaya Novosyolka or ultralimited tactical offensive like Pavlovka.

Bullshit... you have been screaming for a mobilisation of 5 million and a steam roller attack to level the country.

4 fortresses i held by the ukrainian swinedogs: Pesky, Maryinka, Krasnogorvka, Avdeyevka.

That will be where the best trained and most hard core nazis are located... of course that should be their focus.

But take their time and obliterate them...

The amusing thing is that even if the west sends all this amazing armour they wont send it to the front and as time goes by we will hear of various loads of ammo and vehicles being hit in warehouses and storage areas deep behind the lines and the guys at the front are going to go apeshit because they are not receiving new toys...

Lots of potential for internal conflict there I would say.

There was no battle. Just 500 policemen retreating orderly.
    NATO used te same tactic as Daesh in that area, sending lightly armed guys in SUVs
    towards towns.

But they are arrogant enough to think they won so when they get massacred trying it again they will drop that tactic, or perhaps blame the Ukrainians for not executing it correctly.

The mighty Avenger.

Yeah, IR missiles of questionable value against modern Russian helos, that lack the range to engage those helos at distances greater than those helos can reach with even their simplest and most basic anti armour missile.

PS... wonder what runs out first, equipment or Ukrainian soldiers?

The disturbing thing is that no western politicians even consider such a thing, they are not interested in the suffering the Ukrainians go through, just about the suffering they can inflict on Russia, which has not been nothing... too many dead young men... but if you have to die then die fighting nazism is probably one of the better ways IMHO.

So we are talking about Russian-speaking guys, most of whom run away from the nazi junta ethnic cleansing.
    Good luck mobilizing them for being ground by the Russkie Laughing It will be fun to watch!

Perhaps a social media group of these guys who could perhaps plan and work together and try to get numbers so that if they are sent back they might be able to do something against those that push them to march forward into the Russian guns... If they get sent to the front line they wont get the 6 month training, they will be cannon fodder, so with such a death sentence over their heads perhaps they might start going on rampages in EU countries to at least send a message to the EU that they are going to die but they can take some of you pricks that created this situation with them.

Perhaps might create a hostility to immigrants, but equally they might realise the desperate situation they are actually in where otherwise normal rational people start being crazy people.

Abrams wasn't designed for dessert combat

Obviously wearing the wrong shoes  (the type of track is very important depending on the terrain you operate on, whether it is rubber padded for use on roads, or wide tracks for mud or snow with a special surface to dig into the ground for grip on slippery surfaces..)

Normal, there are too many immigrants/refugees in Sweden. The Swedes have an open door policy for everyone. Now they're starting to pay the price, with crime rising a lot.

And what efforts are being made to help these new immigrants understand Swedish culture?

Europeans have been fucking over the countries of the world for centuries with their immigrants... Australia was used as a punishment to get rid of petty criminals... why should you be shocked the rest of the world wants to get rid of its rubbish in woke countries like western countries?

In Fiji the British totally fucked the entire country over... the Fijians did not have a western work ethic and would often wander off, so the Brits imported an enormous number of Indians as workers, but when the Brits left they asked the Indians if they wanted to go back to India or stay in an island paradise... most stayed.... and the Fijians got no say in the matter, so much of their rich and powerful and most of the government structures have Indians... ironically with most of the Army being native Fijians... who get pissed off every few years and mount a coup to replace the Indian Fijian that was in power or was going to win the election with a native Fijian.

In comparison most white western countries have it really good... but still they complain.

Why not show how civilised you are and educate your new arrivals and train them in the superior white way  Rolling Eyes .

@Russ_Warrior
    The US to Germany: "Deploy your Leopard tanks to the Ukraine so when they will be blown up by the Russians we will make sure to destroy their reputation to sell more Abrams".
    The US is really eager to deindustrialize Germany in all sectors as quickly as possible lol.

Well once the EU and european HATO countries are out of weapons and ammo they will have to buy US shit... especially with power cuts meaning all industry in europe will be moving stateside...

Seeing comments. Many feel that the British provided the Challenger as bait for the release of the L2.... With Americans as friends, who do I need enemies?

They are not making any more Challengers... the C3 is just upgraded C2s, and there is no export market for them... except I think Oman... who wont be buying more I suspect.

Interesting interview with Borrell...

The West must keep arming Ukraine because Moscow defeated Napoleon and Hitler, the EU’s top diplomat said

Ignoring the fact that even with F-22s and aircraft carriers that Kiev cannot win this conflict... it is already running out of bodies...

EU foreign policy commissioner Josep Borrell said on Friday that the West must keep sending weapons to Kiev, warning those who think Russia has lost or is doing poorly that Moscow has a history of winning long wars.

With that logic Kievs best chance would be a short war, which means getting resources and forces together for an offensive to push the Russian forces out of occupied ukrainian territory... including Crimea... but how much resources and weapons would they need for that?

“Russia is a great country, a great nation that is used to fighting to the end, almost losing and then recovering,” Borrell said in a speech in Madrid, bringing up the 1812 invasion by Napoleon Bonaparte’s French empire and the 1941 invasion by Adolf Hitler’s Germany as historical examples of this.

So he is explaining to the western audience why Russia seems in such good shape, yet in both the examples he gives Russia wins.

Preparing western audiences for a Russian win?

“It would be absurd to think that Russia has lost the war or that its military is incompetent,” Borrell added.

But that has been western propaganda over the last 11 months.

He claimed that so far Moscow “has been losing the war but it still has enormous strength and capacity to continue [fighting].”

Has been losing the war in what respect?

In many ways the separation of Russia from the west has been the best aspect of this conflict because the west is broken and not interested in solutions and improvements to itself.

Because of this, he said, “now is the time to continue arming Ukraine with the necessary material and military means to wage the kind of war it has to wage.” He described this as “not only a defensive war but one that allows it to take the initiative and break fronts and prevent Russia from launching a new, very powerful and bloody offensive in a few months.”

So what security briefings has he been given... he is basically saying Kiev needs armour to attack Russia and push it back before Russia starts its own offensive against them... if that is true perhaps the best solution for Russia is to wait... when those heavy western vehicles start to charge forward confident in their super protection and super fire power and get destroyed or just sink in the mud then Russia can launch its own counteroffensive... perhaps all the way to Kiev.

Kiev needs a victory on the battlefield so is has something to bargain with at negotiations... Russia just needs to grind down current positions slowly pushing them back and encircling them and cutting them off creeping forward and liberating territory.

Kiev is running out of time and once they start burning through western tanks and demanding more the west will realise more tanks are not the solution... they were supposed to be wanderwaffle that solve the problem... too expensive to just throw away to be burned...

https://www.rt.com/news/570227-borrell-russia-napoleon-hitler/

Last edited by GarryB on Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:55 am

In an anti drone role those Pantsirs would be excellent, while those stingers and that gatling gun would be worse than useless...

(note a missile that misses and does not use its proximity fuse can be manually detonated to prevent collateral damage. Guns could fire 30mm command detonation rounds, but I rather suspect the missiles would be used in preference to the guns.)

A drone coming in low would be an impossible target for stingers and for a gatling gun spraying cannon shells at hundreds of rounds per second would be spraying the neighbouring buildings with cannon shells... cannon shells don't evapourate if they miss... they continue on a ballistic trajectory till they hit something or the ground... very dangerous to bystanders and nearby buildings and at the height that gun would be there would be a danger zone at ground level to about 10km around that building where shells could land.

Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Broski, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:55 am

There US system is a stupid rehash concocted by a marketing department. A lot of western weapons systems are weak on substance
    and full of gimmicks.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:01 am

Ukrainian equipment gets destroyed every day, like I follow more than 10 telegram channels of the war, that if I posted every update possible i would be excessively posting posts to the point we would be reaching Ukraine war thread 1000 right now.

Most Ukrainians don't want to be in this war based on the past two weeks of AFU soldiers fighting with civilians. British intel states 50k Wagner forces are in the operation than stating 5000 before and convicts do have a reason to fight in this war. LDR has a reason to fight as well for being shelled for 8 years and Chechens just love to fight in general based on watching UFC matches. Will to fight is very important for this war.

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:40 am

Most Ukrainians don't want to be in this war based on the past two weeks of AFU soldiers fighting with civilians. British intel states 50k Wagner forces are in the operation than stating 5000 before and convicts do have a reason to fight in this war. LDR has a reason to fight as well for being shelled for 8 years and Chechens just love to fight in general based on watching UFC matches. Will to fight is very important for this war.

Ukrainian war crimes and the threat from the west gives Russians every reason to fight this war... this is a fight for survival... the west does not realise this yet... they are giving Russia no other option that wont get them back to where they are now in 5 or 10 years time...

franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, thegopnik, Hole and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:17 pm