Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+74
TMA1
littlerabbit
George1
Broski
Karl Haushofer
zorobabel
AlfaT8
Scorpius
pavi
mr_hd
Ned86
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
AMCXXL
Ispan
DerWolf
Erk
higurashihougi
famschopman
caveat emptor
d_taddei2
ahmedfire
Mir
adder
zare
Eugenio Argentina
xeno
ArgentinaGuard
billybatts91
LMFS
PhSt
Rodion_Romanovic
kvs
Tolstoy
Belisarius
lyle6
Sujoy
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
flamming_python
par far
Serberus
T-47
Odin of Ossetia
sepheronx
thegopnik
lancelot
Godric
Werewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Sprut-B
Kiko
dionis
GarryB
crod
Big_Gazza
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
diabetus
Azi
ucmvulcan
franco
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
nomadski
VARGR198
JohninMK
mnztr
Arrow
Hole
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Podlodka77
Isos
78 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

mnztr

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

Post  mnztr Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:56 pm

So Ukraine should be grateful for being suckered into a war that has utterly trashed their nation and jeopardized its very existence in addition to slaughtering an entire generation of youth? **** me. Wallace is a scumbag criminal liar.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

Post  flamming_python Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:08 pm

mnztr wrote:So Ukraine should be grateful for being suckered into a war that has utterly trashed their nation and jeopardized its very existence in addition to slaughtering an entire generation of youth? **** me. Wallace is a scumbag criminal liar.  

You need to thank Zelensky himself for that too, he was the one who walked away from the peace negotiations under the influence of their sweet-talk.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:47 pm

JohninMK wrote:Margarita K.
    @MargarittaaK
    ·
    4h
    Bulgaria..
    We’re giving our Mi-24 and Mi-8 helicopters. The motherfuckers in the parliament said we’ll never give them away.

They’re currently doing it.
    We have no aviation left, the US took billions of our money for F16s and gave us pdf files of their sketches!
    **** OUR GOV!

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 35 F07X8I_WYAEApGS?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah it's about par for the course

Radev was supplying the Ukraine with Bulgarian ammo and other supplies before Zelensky's visit, then during Zelensky's visit decided to do some posing and try to pretend in front of his people to be something other than the US's coat-hanger that he actually is, and of course after the visit its back to supplying the Ukraine - this time with bigger hardware, Zelensky's rebuttal to him must have had its effect.

What I'm wondering is what this twitter whatever user is even so shocked about.

GarryB, psg, AlfaT8, d_taddei2, kvs, PapaDragon, Broski and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:31 am

JohninMK wrote:

I think this is called 'upping the ante' Very Happy

"We have informed the nuclear powers - the United States, Britain and France, that Russia cannot ignore the ability of these aircraft to carry nuclear weapons. No assurances will help here. During the course of hostilities, our military will not figure out whether each specific aircraft of the specified type is equipped for the delivery of nuclear weapons or not. The very fact of the appearance of such systems in the Armed Forces of Ukraine will be considered by us as a threat from the West in the nuclear sphere," Lavrov explained in an interview with Lenta Ru.

Its called 🥱

Yet another “red line” statement that will result in Russia literally doing nothing about it , as in relation to it being a “nuclear threat”.
    I know its his job to talk shit, but sometimes its better to just stfu, shoot them down as you would any other plane and keep going.
    No one is taking red line threats from Russia seriously anymore and certainly not nato, just makes them look like clowns.

flamming_python, PapaDragon, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, billybatts91 and pavi like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 am

flamming_python wrote:
    What I'm wondering is what this twitter whatever user is even so shocked about.

I guess he is judging the long term consequences.
    Poland shipped own Mi-24s, too. At least two spotted en route.
    Those need to be replaced.
    And gues what? Nobody is talking about Euro made stuff anymore.
    That is one of the side indications about the general condition of Euro industry shape&condition.

mnztr wrote:So Ukraine should be grateful for being suckered into a war that has utterly trashed their nation and jeopardized its very existence in addition to slaughtering an entire generation of youth? **** me. Wallace is a scumbag criminal liar.  

But the master's request has been heard by the puppet. Cocainsky applied a few min long expose, where he "thank you" 58 times. Fifty Eight. Laughing

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, JohninMK, Hole and jon_deluxe like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:48 am

If Wallace died from the most painful disease possible I would literally celebrate.
    I remember he was on live tv doing the "Slava Ukraxxia" slogan. I think he did the zieg heil salute at the same time.

GarryB, Werewolf and d_taddei2 like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:01 am

I wonder how much effort Russia has made into trying to overthrow the poison dwarf puppet regime.
    America probably has very small numbers of even Russian speakers in the CIA, even less familiar with Russian World culture. So its completely beyond me that the Americans somehow ever got an upper hand in the "soft power" side of it all. Unless Russia too was infested with 5th Columnists.

Surely faced with "conscription and death" or a pro Russian coup, plenty would choose the latter.
    Even Hitler had to face assassination attempts etc and his grip was pretty iron.

I read an article on Topwar or someone which basically said that Russia lacks the skills to conduct a coup.
    OK maybe in France or wherever. But what about in the Pukraine which is 50% Russian and supposedly the other 50% supposedly "a fraternal people"???

So... WTF is happening?

Last edited by Firebird on Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo errors)
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:08 am

Why is that ukro antonov still flying ? Where are the spetznaz to destroy it ?

xeno likes this post

Karl Haushofer dislikes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:37 am

JohninMK wrote: ...
    If a retaliatory strike with cluster munitions is inflicted, then in the Zaporozhye and Yuzhno-Donetsk directions, the infantry units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine will be even more vulnerable to cannon and rocket artillery fire. The massive use of such ammunition will make it possible to destroy Ukrainian troops over a large area and in much larger quantities than now. It should also be taken into account that the RF Armed Forces have much more such weapons at their disposal: both artillery and missile and bomb weapons for the Aerospace Forces.
    12:29 PM · Jul 13, 2023
    ·
    Views

If this is true then why aren't they using it already instead of throwing away lives of their soldiers for no reason?

Sprut-B and owais.usmani like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:23 am

Isos wrote:Why is that ukro antonov still flying ? Where are the spetznaz to destroy it ?

It probably hasn't been in Ukraine for the last year and a half.

GarryB, d_taddei2 and kvs like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:52 am

Not a lot of angst in the press when the US makes similar moves to Russia.

Elijah J. Magnier 🇪🇺
    @ejmalrai

If @JoeBiden is ordering reservists to be deployed in Europe on the Baltic front, is he not preparing for a larger war, aware that #Ukraine is failing?

Briefing Room
    Presidential Actions

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 121 and 12304 of title 10, United States Code, I hereby determine that it is necessary to augment the active Armed Forces of the United States for the effective conduct of Operation Atlantic Resolve in and around the United States European Command’s area of responsibility. In furtherance of this operation, under the stated authority, I hereby authorize the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy, under their respective jurisdictions, to order to active duty any units, and any individual members not assigned to a unit organized to serve as a unit of the Selected Reserve, or any member in the Individual Ready Reserve mobilization category and designated as essential under regulations prescribed by the Secretary concerned, not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve, as they deem necessary, and to terminate the service of those units and members ordered to active duty.

This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

THE WHITE HOUSE,
    July 13, 2023.
    https://whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/

GarryB and kvs like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:54 am

No one is taking red line threats from Russia seriously anymore and certainly not nato, just makes them look like clowns.

What a pile of BS
    Ukraine in NATO is a Russian red line, did you miss what happened in Vilnius in recent days?

GarryB, VARGR198 and Hole like this post

PapaDragon dislikes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:09 am

Victor vicktop55
    @vicktop55
    ·
    5h
    The Ukrainian regime hit Kurchatov. There are industrial sites of two Russian nuclear power plants at once. Kursk NPP-1 and 2. The second one is under construction. muted
    It was not so easy to blow up the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant. They began to aim at the active ones. Nuclear terrorism on the march. And right after the NATO summit. All as predicted. And after the explosion of the Kakhovskaya hydroelectric power station, there was no doubt.

GarryB, Odin of Ossetia, VARGR198, starman, lancelot, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:13 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 35 F0905WdWAAEmn2T?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, Mir, Broski, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:30 am

Belisarius wrote:

What a pile of BS
    Ukraine in NATO is a Russian red line, did you miss what happened in Vilnius in recent days?

So was …  attacks on Russia proper, then attacks on Crimea,  then sending ammo, then sending weapons, then planes and helos,   then tanks,  then Himars, then intelligence, then targeting data, then long range missiles, now f16 …  spare me your fantasies. Russia should either shut up and just do whatever they are prepared to do or actually back up their words and do something about the constant escalation. As i said complete clowns.

There is a reason many nato countries were reluctant to pledge military support in the initial stages, because they actually feared what RUS might do in response but step by step with no pushback , here we are. All in and flaunting it.

And why the **** would they accept ukrops into nato and be forced to send their own men to die while they have these useful idiots in kiev who seem more than happy to die for the US empire. Nothing to do with Russian red lines just a sensible decision on their part.

PapaDragon, Sprut-B and billybatts91 like this post

Ned86 dislikes this post

Ned86

Post  Ned86 Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:40 am

Serberus wrote:

So was …  attacks on Russia proper, then attacks on Crimea,  then sending ammo, then sending weapons, then planes and helos,   then tanks,  then Himars, then intelligence, then targeting data, then long range missiles, now f16 …  spare me your fantasies. Russia should either shut up and just do whatever they are prepared to do or actually back up their words and do something about the constant escalation. As i said complete clowns.

There is a reason many nato countries were reluctant to pledge military support in the initial stages, because they actually feared what RUS might do in response but step by step with no pushback , here we are. All in and flaunting it.

Russia/USSR sent shitload of weapons to Vietnam and killed many US soldiers, so now US is doing the same.
    However, Russia will use this as an justification in front of the world for annexing Ukraine territory and maybe to create new security architecture in Europe.

We will see, time will show.

GarryB, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:21 am

Ned86 wrote:
    Serberus wrote:

Russia/USSR sent shitload of weapons to Vietnam and killed many US soldiers, so now US is doing the same.
    However, Russia will use this as an justification in front of the world for annexing Ukraine territory and maybe to create new security architecture in Europe.

We will see, time will show.

have you forgotten Afghanistan, America supplied tons of weapons including manpads to the Mujahedeen against the Soviet Union ... the Afghan war played a big part in the collapse of the former Soviet Union

PapaDragon and Mir like this post

Ned86, The-thing-next-door and Belisarius dislike this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:24 am

The collapse of the USSR had nothing to do with the war in Afghanistan is a myth. The USSR collapsed for political reasons, not economic ones.It was connected with the betrayal of power at the top in the USSR, and power in the republics of the USSR.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Ned86, Sprut-B and like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:56 am

A huge fraction of the political leadership in the Soviet Union had been co-opted by US interests. Gaidar and Chubais are examples of this.
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2015/02/convicted-fraudster-jonathan-hay-harvards-man-who-wrecked-russia-resurfaces-in-ukraine.html

jon_deluxe likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:34 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Will or won't is a different thing.

As for the manufacturing base the US is second behind China, we have PLENTLY OF factories, not in the same places as WW2 sure that's true

Also your comment is riddled with what ifs and blind assumptions, The US has the manpower, the manufacturing base and more to easily out produce the Russians if changed to a wartime economy this is a simple fact and we got plenty of resources.

I am not entertaining these idiotic notions that Russia can win conventionally simply because they cant and there is no shame in that, if you put the US in Russia position, we would also lose simply put Russia would enjoy some success for the first few years but once shit got to shift into gears they are done, they will be ground down to nothing. No one country on Earth could fight all of NATO on its own and win.

I am not here to sniff glue with copium addicts, these armchair experts here do not know better than the Russian MOD they claim to admire but act as if they know better, its hilarious to hear and see these excuses.

When the very guys they claim would win say "War with NATO is suicide" then I am not even interested in debates or entertain delusional fantasies period.

Not saying the russians would get bitch slapped or do no damage, sure they would put up a hell of a fight but in the end they would loose in a conventional war and they know, they have said it and this is why they invest heavy into ICBM tech and what not because that's their only real defense against NATO "okay if you attack us we all die together". This is simple fact.

You said it yourself. Second behind China. Quite a distant second. Although I don't know if that's even true anymore, with all the out-sourcing the US has undertaken over the last 3 decades.

Because China is ultimately Russia's forge-world if it comes down to it. Na, NATO's not going to be outproducing 'Russia'. And for the time being Russia all by itself seems to be considerably outproducing the EU and US and all their efforts to source 3rd-hand old Soviet equipment from around the world combined.

Assuming that access to resources and technologies would be roughly equivalent, what it would then come down to is manpower. Here NATO outweighs Russia several times over but then they also have a heavier-set and more hedonistic population and with less military experience on average. Russia even before the world was probably behind only North Korea in the proportion of its citizens involved with one type of security organ or another. Ultimately if the West manages to keep political consolidation in the face of war with Russia, convince its people of the need to sacrifice living standards and wage total war, and then enact conscription and start to whip its population into shape - then it will win. But those are some very big "ifs", while Russia has already mentally crossed these three hurdles successfully, if not come across the need to enact these measures in earnest as yet.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir, Broski, jon_deluxe and ucmvulcan like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:48 am

Wikipedia is gaslighting Gonzalo Lira. They deleted his page in the English version of the site claiming it wasn't notable enough.
    If you read the discussion from last year on the deletion they claim he faked his first arrest by the SBU even. Such BS.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, Mir, Broski and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:57 am

Yet an idiot like Oryx still gets all the bs credits lol!

GarryB, kvs, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:17 am

Honestly, Mr. Lira was not the brightest fish in a sack ...

jon_deluxe likes this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:22 am

Maybe. But he had a huge following on Youtube. And he was publicly arrested by Ukraine just for countering their narrative.
    The (now deleted) article even throws doubt about him being in Kharkiv when he was publicly arrested there.
    It is just gaslighting all the way.

Last edited by lancelot on Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:24 am

“ Russian President Putin agreed to extend the Ukraine grain deal, Turkish President Erdogan announced.

(Anadolu)”

dunno

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:19 pm