Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Pincus Shain
Rodion_Romanovic
mnztr
par far
GunshipDemocracy
T-47
AMCXXL
Tolstoy
JohninMK
ArgentinaGuard
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Broski
LMFS
andalusia
calripson
bandit6
higurashihougi
sepheronx
billybatts91
lyle6
Regular
Firebird
AlfaT8
Lapain
Mir
PhSt
Odin of Ossetia
Scorpius
flamming_python
zare
nomadski
Erk
Arrow
lancelot
Isos
Kiko
VARGR198
franco
Sujoy
Big_Gazza
kvs
Krepost
thegopnik
Backman
d_taddei2
Dr.Snufflebug
ucmvulcan
Arkanghelsk
caveat emptor
Sprut-B
Godric
TMA1
Belisarius
ahmedfire
GarryB
Airbornewolf
PapaDragon
Werewolf
Serberus
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
ALAMO
66 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46

Post  Arrow Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:41 pm

CV-90 in Russian hands

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 24 D2f365f6081c5

GarryB, franco, ahmedfire, psg, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:16 pm

Arrow wrote:CV-90 in Russian hands

[]https://i.postimg.cc/nh2Sy39s/d2f365f6081c5.jpg[/]

Those aren't hands, those are whole Russians Very Happy

GarryB, littlerabbit and Mir like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:50 pm

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Odin of Ossetia and like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:33 pm

Arrow wrote:CV-90 in Russian hands
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 24 D2f365f6081c5

If I am not mistaken that CV-90 has the Swedish Barracuda cammo which also works in IR spectrum. Supposedly one of the most advanced forms of vehicle cammo available in the West. Kinda of equivalent of Russia Nakidka i.e. 'Cape'. Nice catch.

GarryB, flamming_python, Regular, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:58 pm

lyle6 wrote:Muh situational awareness! Razz

Further proof that texting while driving is bad for your health pale

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:17 pm

CV-90 is most advanced IFV in Ukraine.
    I would like to see couple Boxer sent to Ukraine, probably most interesting IFV in the NATO, but way too few to spare 😂

GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Hole and Mir like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:34 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:Could this be perhaps some sabotage work by the ethnic Rusin separatists?

https://asaland.proboards.com/thread/278/transcarpathian-rus-demands-independence

Yeah right Rolling Eyes

They were bulldozed into submission during Maidan and have since hopped aboard the Bandera bandwagon alongside everyone else

How do you know that?

Putin squandered a good opportunity.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:43 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    How do you know that?

Well Uzhgorod saw some activity during the Maidan against Maidan nationalist retards who came there. Not much action, just some locals coming out to talk about how they want none of that shit in their town or region.

And since there.. well everything's been completely quiet other than the periodic reports about oppression against Hungarian-language schools, administrative organs and so on.

Watched a report a couple years ago about the Zakarpatiye region. It was by an Ukro resource and featured some Rusyn or Hungarian rock band and one of them quipped Slava Ukrainy after their performance. Maybe doesn't mean anything. But remember how everyone was assuming that the passivity of Russian-speakers in the Ukrainian southern and eastern regions was due to them being in fear and oppressed, rather than being latent newly-turned supporters of Ukrainian nationalism as what turned out to be the reality.

kvs and PapaDragon like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:02 pm

Been checking some of the Nazi resources, so that we can get a more complete picture, in as much as it's possible to sort real info from all the stink (not very)

Anyway, looks like the Ukros have taken Staryomayorske and their main axis of advance seems to be around there. There's been a lot of fighting there and with some losses for the Russian garrison as seen in the vid.

They're reporting they've advanced south of Bakhmut to Kurdyumovka

Hit an ammo depot in Donetsk, at least that's what the Ukros claim

They've also hit a museum or administrative building with a S-200 which went off-course in Taganrog, in the Rostov region.

kvs and lyle6 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:57 pm

CV-90 in Russian hands
    Someone will get a nice bonus.  Very Happy

GarryB and Mir like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:59 pm

@Regular
    CV-90 is most advanced IFV in Ukraine.
    I would like to see couple Boxer sent to Ukraine, probably most interesting IFV in the NATO, but way too few to spare
    Ukrainians bought some Boxers with German money. They'll show up eventually.

Regular likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:58 pm

Of course you know what the real irony about the Rusyns is

Is that I'm not actually sure who this term is referring to, and why there is such a people in this region that refers to themselves in this way. Maybe there's some history here I'm not familiar with.

But from the history I am familiar with I can tell you right away that the Ukrainians themselves were the ones who used to refer to themselves as rusyns, or rather rusyny. While Russians did and still do refer to themselves as russkie.
    Both terms mean exactly the same thing - people of Rus'. The different terms are just down to the difference in dialects.

Of course since then the Ukrainians have renamed themselves away from something that sounds like Russians, changed their language artificially so that it sounds less like Russian, claimed their own identity separate from Russians, rewrote their own history to avoid any (good) mention of Russia, or really any historical commonality with it, adopted a flag which copies Sweden's colors rather than the pan-Slavic ones, and all the rest of this clear influence of Chaos.
    But I'm curious as to why today's Rusyns skipped out on that, and still refer to themselves as Rusyns. And why they're confined to just this strip of land that changed hands between Austria-Hungary, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, the USSR and whatever else. After all their neighbours in Galicia are the most hyper Ukro nationalists around

kvs, Broski, jon_deluxe and rfan like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:23 am

Rusyns are from Carpathians and they always considered themselves as separate ethnic group. We have some Rusyns in Vojvodina, in northern Serbia. They never identified as Ukrainians. Also, in Poland they call themselves Lemkos.
    I actually had  Rusyn neighbors, when I used to live in NYC and they insisted they were not Ukrainian. I believe that distinction is kept, due to their isolated living in the mountains.

GarryB, PapaDragon, Sprut-B and jon_deluxe like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:48 am

There seems to be a witchhunt going on in Twitter. A lot of pro-Russian commenters have been doxxed, deleted, and shadow banned.
    Cannot allow the reality of Ukraine's losses to come out I guess. silent

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Mir like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:36 am

Anyone expecting Musk to institute fairness on this platform is detached from reality. Musk is one of the elite and serves their agenda. Dialing down or up
    the woke BS is token irrelevance.

GarryB, Sprut-B, LMFS, Mir and Broski like this post

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:47 am

Rendering of an event from previous month.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 24 F2krj910

GarryB, franco, Airbornewolf, par far, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:51 am

Belisarius wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 24 Img_2312

I guess that was the last instant that guys head was still on his shoulders.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:30 am

kvs wrote:Anyone expecting Musk to institute fairness on this platform is detached from reality.   Musk is one of the elite and serves their agenda.   Dialing down or up
    the woke BS is token irrelevance.  
    Controlled opposition at best, Elon's brand of Globalism and Transhumanism isn't any better than what the liberal oligarchs are offering, but people are suckers for saviors.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Mir like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:51 am

Regular wrote:CV-90 is most advanced IFV in Ukraine.
    I would like to see couple Boxer sent to Ukraine, probably most interesting IFV in the NATO, but way too few to spare 😂
    Not impressed by any of NATO's IFVs. They don't offer any substantial performance advantages over the classic BMP-3 or even the BMP-2 in some areas while being much more heavier, expensive while foregoing the critical amphibious capability altogether.

The last bit is especially damning given the extensive water obstacles present on the battlefield. Entire military operations hinge on river crossings being held or not and amphibious AFVs that can conduct active defense to disrupt and throw the enemy even further back can make that task much more doable than infantry in a static posture with the limited equipment they can paddle across.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:14 am

How many amphibious crossings with BMPs did you see in this conflict? I always saw them try to setup pontoon bridges.
    The capability is there but they do not seem to use it. I question the whole significance of having it in the first place. When the price is less armor.

PapaDragon likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:24 am

lancelot wrote:How many amphibious crossings with BMPs did you see in this conflict? I always saw them try to setup pontoon bridges.
    The capability is there but they do not seem to use it. I question the whole significance of having it in the first place. When the price is less armor.

You saw them try to setup pontoon bridges because it takes hours to set those pontoons up and then they stay in place for quite some time too. Plenty of time in fact to film it or be filmed doing it, and because they have whole columns to get across from one side or another

When it's just some BMPs you need to get across so then how likely would it be to get caught on film?
    There are many small streams in some of these areas that can be rapidly crossed by an amphibious vehicle without needing to wait around for some great big pontoon bridge. It's a useful capability to have in southern Ukraine

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, Mir, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:49 am

Have to admit this Ukro Hollywood from the Nazi reddit group is pretty entertaining Very Happy

jon_deluxe likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:19 am

I read that Bradleys were made mainly of aluminium, that burns pretty fiercely, as shown by UK warships in the Falklands.

I used to think that too but it is not as true as it sounds.

First of all aluminium doesn't burn like say magnesium would, though it can melt in a hot fire but that is not actually important. If you look at a shot down Mi-8 that burnt out and a shot down Mi-24 that burnt out you would see the Mi-24 airframe largely intact because titanium didn't melt in the fire of the fuel and other soft furnishings in the aircraft, while the aluminium airframe of the Hip would melt with the heat of the fire.

That titanium armour would have been good stopping ground fire and protecting the troops and crew inside but in the fire it just acted like an oven and would offer zero protection in the subsequent fire.

When it comes to light vehicles making them out of aluminium means the structure can be much heavier for a given weight... if you imagine a 5mm steel door compared with a 10mm aluminium door the thicker material will have less bend even if it wont be as hard. The point is that with ceramic inserts having 60mm of aluminium frontal armour would offer as good protection as a much thinner sheet of steel armour... it is actually very complicated. With very light vehicles like the BMD they made the later models out of aluminium because because the older models the stronger heavier steel armour was too thin and used to buckle and fail structurally even if it would be more bullet resistant compared with aluminium. The new armour combines the best features with inserts and thickness for the weight.

BTW powdered aluminium is added to create an incendiary effect in explosives and also in fireworks, but most metals in powdered form will burn... even flour will explode if you throw it in the air towards a naked flame.... (be very very careful if you try this... I always thought a flour bomb was just a plastic bag with flour in it that got flour everywhere, but if you can get the powder into the air and ignite it... it detonates like a real bomb.

" For soldiers and officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine who read this channel (I know that there are). Over the past few days, the frequency of 149.200 for conventional walkie-talkies has proven its efficiency.

Despite what some say here I think it is important for Russia to offer them this way out. Russia are not the bad guys here and they shouldn't act like they are to appear tough on the internet.

Let the west think Putin is weak and Russia is close to collapse... they are looking into a mirror and interpreting things the way that suits their psychosis best.

Its the ATGM variant of the Kinzhal. Its been future-proofed, ie designed with plenty of... margin... to deal with any conceivable armour upgrades that NATO might introduce.

Actually they have a range of options... roadside mines like the TM-93 which is a roadside mine with a range of up to 50m that will penetrate 400mm of armour (which is plenty for side attacks on anything really). It uses a HEAT warhead. But they also have mines that launch self forging fragments at the target which is a flat disc of metal that is accelerated towards the target at enormous speed with a big lump of HE behind it so it normally hits at about 2-3km/s.

They also have mines which launch in the direction of engine noise a similar penetrator...

Hole posted some images of the mine in question but there are also roadside versions that you can lay with your other mines that detect engine noise and fire in that direction... can be remotely activated or work on automatic.

It's like the Russians have taken the concept of the precision-guided bunker-buster bomb with rocket-assist in its terminal trajectory and miniaturised it for use against mobile targets such as armour.

The Russians didn't just make aircraft and focus on air power, in fact their focus was defence so their air defence network is amazing, but with armour their focus was also defence so despite having lots of new armoured vehicles on the way they also have most of the different types of weapons the west has for defeating armour too, so they have excellent air defence and good planes, and good armour and good anti armour capacity.

That was why Russian tanks suffered in Chechnya... their enemy was soviet equipped and soviet trained to kill tanks and knew the systems the Russians were operating inside and out... but instead the west decided the reason they had problems was because Soviet armour was useless...

Wonder what excuses they will be using now.

Muh situational awareness!

The noise of that engine compared with the buzz of the drone... each ones last thoughts were probably... is that other guy shaving at a time like this...

Russia can't compete with western lies, and shouldn't try. Let them make their own choices and decisions and see where that gets them.

Europeans will be blaming the US for turning them against Russia, but whose fault is that really?

I don't think Europe changing teams would be accepted by Russia as genuine, because it wont be.

Those rats just don't like getting their feet wet... let them learn to swim.

Controlled opposition at best, Elon's brand of Globalism and Transhumanism isn't any better than what the liberal oligarchs are offering, but people are suckers for saviors.

He gives the illusion of choice...

I question the whole significance of having it in the first place. When the price is less armor.

The price is not always less armour... the Boomerang and Kurganets are amphibious vehicles and they seem to have quite decent armour.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:40 am

CV 90

https://m.vk.com/video-206639135_456272834

GarryB, archangelski, Hole and jon_deluxe like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:55 am

GarryB wrote:
    The price is not always less armour... the Boomerang and Kurganets are amphibious vehicles and they seem to have quite decent armour.

This might be going away. At least for Bumerang due its weight. Kurganets has a nice solution in add-on armour that lets it float, I guess Bumerang can borrow this idea too. It’s actually genius solution, because how hard is to have hull perfectly balanced, when add-on distribution can be much more easily adjusted

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:07 pm