Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
famschopman
ArgentinaGuard
Arsenic
TMA1
Backman
Pacense
flamming_python
Rasisuki Nebia
LMFS
mr_hd
par far
zorobabel
xeno
SeigSoloyvov
Karl Haushofer
The-thing-next-door
Sujoy
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Krepost
GreyHog
caveat emptor
Lapain
Regular
littlerabbit
marcellogo
Rodion_Romanovic
nomadski
higurashihougi
Odin of Ossetia
PhSt
Big_Gazza
Firebird
Kiko
Scorpius
lyle6
Arrow
lancelot
ALAMO
Hole
ahmedfire
ucmvulcan
Belisarius
Isos
Arkanghelsk
kvs
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
Mir
VARGR198
Airbornewolf
thegopnik
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
Gomig-21
franco
PapaDragon
sepheronx
mnztr
JohninMK
65 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59

Post  Arrow Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:13 am

Ukraine also launched an attack on the Belgorod region.

owais.usmani likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:15 am

Arrow wrote:
    We won't see anything because there will be no such scenario.

If there won't be, then they are fools. Because nothing else will end or deescelate the conflict. And waiting for some Trump win to 'negotiate' is a fool's errand too. There is no guarantee he is elected, there is no guarantee he will accept the conditions that Russia wants, and even if he does there is still nobody listening in Kiev

With the Ukrainian push into Russia, they have wasted their best reserves, giving Russia both an opportunity, and a mandate, and the iron should be struck while its hot. Past a certain point in the war, and that point has come, the risk-averse strategy of Russian command flips onto its head. You risk more by not seizing opportunity, than otherwise.

higurashihougi wrote:To made a decisive push to Kiev, Russia need a significant amount of troops to sustain the momentum and sustain the land they grabbed. Unfortunately, it is not the case. As I mentioned before, Russia manpower in the SMO is thinner than the Maidan armed forces so that the SMO will not be a burden to the economy, and Russians mostly rely on overwhelming airforces and artillery (and UAV) to do the job. That is also the reason why they do not have enough manpower to make a dense defense in Kursk region.

For now, the sustainable approach is Herbert Plumer's "bite and hold", making reasonable gains using overwhelming firepower and solidify such gains before making newer offensives.

Why, what is it that the Ukraine has in the Sumy region to oppose Russia with? After their best men are annihilated on the Kursk border?

Russia has already pulled up reserves there, and it's continuing to add more. It doesn't need many men to advance into Ukrainian territory after beating back the attack. Several ten thousand should do it. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of Russian formations held in reserve not being used in the war at all either, possibly exactly for such a scenario. It's really not that the case that the entire Russian army is fighting in the Donbass or defending the land bridge to the Crimea, or even all the units previously involved in the SMO

Last edited by flamming_python on Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, zardof, Hole, lancelot and Broski like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:15 am

The attack also exposes today's limitations with air defense systems; the drones are either too small or fly very low to be reliably detected and tracked by radar. Cruise missile technology also improves with lower flight trajectories as before adding to the increased risk and you probably require continuous awacs or high altitude missile defense aerostat system to be able to track these threats.

Although Russia has these systems they are not applied for some reason on important targets; in general intelligence gathering / reconnaissance / early risk detection has room for improvement, e.g. the Russian airbases being hit by tactical nuclear payloads (they were not conventional ... ) should have never happened.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:17 am

PhSt wrote:
    This is indeed a Historic moment in this forum, We can all see with our own eyes how a Coordinated NATzO influence operation is unfolding here, NATzO agents are upset with my calls for a SWIFT and HARSH Retribution from Russia as a response to the numerous provocations by NATO!

Obviously, someone from NATzO is NOT Happy with this, and wants to control the narrative.

I'm sure by now, its easy to Identify who is REALLY for Russia. and those who are NOT.

hahahahaha bruh you have got to be off your fucking rocker to think NATO gives a remote shit about this forum..

PapaDragon, famschopman and Eugenio Argentina like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:18 am

Arrow wrote:Ukraine also launched an attack on the Belgorod region.

Russia should be much more prepared there
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:24 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Russia should be much more prepared there

Russia is prepared everywhere, it's only a question of the scale of the enemy's advance

Big_Gazza likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:26 am

flamming_python wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Russia should be much more prepared there

Russia is prepared everywhere, it's only a question of the scale of the enemy's advance

They weren't in kursk no matter how much you wanna believe they where,
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:31 am

PhSt wrote:
    Are you a supporter of the Western Rules Based Order too??  Rolling Eyes

I don't like it when someone calls for the murder of my relatives.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and famschopman like this post

owais.usmani dislikes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:32 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Repeating the mantra won't make it true.
    Sole thing they did in the region, was staying alive long enough to drive an ordinary road up to 20 km, and make vids about that.
    Killing some civilians en route and taking captive two dozen border guards.
    They had no other objectives, which is crystal clear.
    Delusions about "attacking Kursk NPP" are moronic. It is 100+ km from the theatre.
    You are applying totally out scaled reactions to irrelevant events.
    They are losing men at 4x the usual speed, which was already unsustainable for them.
    The front is scrambling all over, Russkie are pushing in all directions. The sole thing they can apply is propaganda, staged for a price of hundreds dead. Plus they need an audience dumb enough to swallow it - and here is your part of a show. And the other drama queens.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, zardof, Hole, lancelot and like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:59 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    hahahahaha bruh you have got to be off your fucking rocker

Heard the same reaction when I suggested that Covid vaccines are bad for people's wellbeing
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:01 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Repeating the mantra won't make it true.
    Sole thing they did in the region, was staying alive long enough to drive an ordinary road up to 20 km, and make vids about that.
    Killing some civilians en route and taking captive two dozen border guards.
    They had no other objectives, which is crystal clear.
    Delusions about "attacking Kursk NPP" are moronic. It is 100+ km from the theatre.
    You are applying totally out scaled reactions to irrelevant events.
    They are losing men at 4x the usual speed, which was already unsustainable for them.
    The front is scrambling all over, Russkie are pushing in all directions. The sole thing they can apply is propaganda, staged for a price of hundreds dead. Plus they need an audience dumb enough to swallow it - and here is your part of a show. And the other drama queens.

That has nothing to do with it, yes they countered well enough but the fact is they were taken by surprise that is why they had to mobilize lots of units from different formations and why they still have yet to conduct full on counter-attacks, they are getting everyone into position.

You and the others do not seem to understand the basic fact if Russia knew these guys were coming they would have their forces ready, their forces weren't ready.

Repeating the manta they weren't caught by surprised is what you are all doing despite the facts saying the oppitsite

zardof likes this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:08 pm

Scorpius wrote:
    PhSt wrote:

Apologies, my post is about what I think should be Russia's 🇷🇺 general response to the ever mounting Provocations by NATO via its Ukrainian proxies. Its not my intention to target anybodys relatives or family member. But it should be pointed out that this is part of NATO's sinister plot, to hold both peaceful Russian and Ukrainian hostages to complicate Russia's actions in Ukraine.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, zardof and owais.usmani like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:31 pm

PhSt wrote:
    Scorpius wrote:
    PhSt wrote:

Apologies, my post is about what I think should be Russia's 🇷🇺 general response to the ever mounting Provocations by NATO via its Ukrainian proxies.  Its not my intention to target anybodys relatives or family member.  But it should be pointed out that this is part of NATO's sinister plot, to hold both peaceful Russian and Ukrainian hostages to complicate Russia's actions in Ukraine.  

Its amusing watch you try to justify your desire for genocide.

Your quotes speak for themselves no amount of trying to back peddle will change thst
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:54 pm

Garry, those pics were not gore - that's why I posted them.

Doesn't need to be gory to be objectionable.

NSFW includes the depiction of dead bodies too.

I didn't realize outright demanding the execution and murder of every single civilian in Ukraine was okay

I appreciate that is what the west wants regarding Russians... they wont even let them compete in international sport.

It is not OK.... he is very angry or ill... but being allowed to say it or not allowed to say it is a different issue.

Or don't you understand the English words Freedom of Speech... the Ukraine and US have vote down Russian attempts to ban the glorification of Nazism, and the US says that violates their view of freedom of speech. Last time they voted most of the western block voted against it.

Ukrainian propaganda is here too, I am not deleting that. I am calling it out as being BS, but I am not deleting it or banning anyone.

Zelensky is ordering the execution of the entire male population of the country... some members are only taking that a few steps further.

I also didn't realize that quoting the Final Solution which was the Nazi's plan of complete extermination of a race was okay

Actually considering so many of them identify as nazis I thought he was being ironic...

The attack on Zaporozyhe NPP is a clear sign that they failed in their primary objective to seriously damage the Kursk NPP.

I wonder if this time the IAEA will struggle to work out who attacked it?

If they can't work it out I would say kick them out of the plant... it would not surprise me if they weren't feeding intel information to Kiev and the US to assist in attacks or planning attacks.

What low IQ fucks like you don't grasp is that should this cause another Chernobyl it's mainly your Nazi friends and the rest of Western Europe that's going to get the full brunt of the nuclear radiation and fallout. Enjoy you cancer!

They think it is fun and games because it is not directly effecting them.... yet.

It is amusing that all the talk about freedom and justice and peace and democracy and decency are just meaningless labels they don't understand or care about.

Bill Clinton knew, if the economy is going well nothing else matters to US voters.

So now we have people openly propagating genocide and terrorism - and being allowed to do so under the banner of "free speech". Interesting...

Ukraine is not a distinct race, unless you mean nazism is a race, but I would call it more of an illness or a gang.

When PhSt talks about such stuff it is a meaningless vent on the interweb.

Western politicians have been talking about destroying the Russian economy and killing Russians for quite some time now and PC plod in the UK won't touch them for their hate speech.

You can apply a set of rules or you let people say what they think... only one of those can be considered free speech.

We do have a set of rules but he hasn't broken any.

Now some here have said racist things and others have said things they probably wouldn't say in front of most of their friends or family, but only tyrants are afraid of people saying the truth or what they think is the truth.

Where should I draw the line?

Misogyny? I had to use the spell checker to see how it was spelt.

Banning won't eliminate, it will just drive it underground. We don't have any actual misogynists here, they seem to be more male chauvinist (ie not women hating, but believing in the superiority and dominance of males over females).

Are we supposed to save everyone... to convince everyone of our point of view?

That is not the role or goal of this forum.

Russia doesn't have the manpower for a push on keiv, they would if they declare war....but Putin won't allow that

They have the manpower to do that of course, but they need to make the decisions necessary to do so... I would say dropping bridges and blowing up transport systems... rails, train engines, trucks, boats, etc etc  they don't have to take them all out immediately... just adopt the policy that transport vehicles are fair game... especially those heading towards the front lines... including buses.

Now they can look at Ukraine territory as a threat and from that perspective the timetables will change even if the tactics don't.

@GarryB, Don't you think that the numerous calls for genocide are at least pulling at restricting access to the forum for a while?I'm already silent about the fact that the comments of some random couch expert about what Russia should do look too tedious here.

He is upset and over reacting, but members like Mr HD and our other pro nazi friends keep posting Ukraine propaganda and light him off again... which is exactly what Kiev is trying to achieve. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

What PhSt says and what Russia does are not related... should cheerleaders be punished for chanting that your team can still win with minutes left in the game when you are winning by such a wide margin that the opposition has resorted to foul play to try to get some of your players sent off injured, or perhaps even getting the game called null and void?

I don't think Medvedev or Putin look here for advice, and to be honest some of the things Medvedev has said seems to mirror some of what is being said here... should I ban him too?

UK government warns 'think before you post' amid threats to arrest citizens for offensive rhetoric on socials

They are very selective about what is offensive... wanting to kill all Ukrainians is offensive, but Russians... that might be OK... it is going to be a bit like the ICC and try the enemies of the west in Africa and around the world.

With the Ukrainian push into Russia, they have wasted their best reserves, giving Russia both an opportunity, and a mandate, and the iron should be struck while its hot. Past a certain point in the war, and that point has come, the risk-averse strategy of Russian command flips onto its head. You risk more by not seizing opportunity, than otherwise.

You can say that in the middle of an attack or two, but I think better responses take time and should be properly formulated so as to not backfire the way the western sanctions have backfired.

SS wrote:"As I have advocated from the beginning the only Effective solution here is the FINAL SOLUTION. MASSACRE of the enemy population. Russia needs to stop playing nice and start behaving 100x more aggressively than the enemy. Use all methods available no matter how cruel, the End always justifies the means. Kill The Americans. Kill the Europeans. Kill the Ukranians. Show no restraint. Show no mercy. Slaughter them all in the name of peace! attack attack attack"
    ---------

Hm yeah I am putting words in your mouth alright.....

Yes, it was a very stupid thing to say in my opinion... he is clearly angry with these nazis and the western colonial white european powers supporting them. Ironically though the go hard out and crush them is a policy you have mentioned a few times and most of your criticism of Putin has been that he is too cautious and too soft and that a more brutal... a more western approach would make it faster and cleaner.

So now members are mad at him for getting angry.

The anger will pass.

The attack also exposes today's limitations with air defense systems; the drones are either too small or fly very low to be reliably detected and tracked by radar. Cruise missile technology

Cruise missiles and bombers have long flown at very low altitudes to become difficult targets for air defences, and drones have been around for quite some time, but lacked range and numbers and payloads that were useful, not to mention the cost of cameras including night vision cameras means they were only ever used in token amounts till now.

New missiles are being developed and new jammers and direct energy weapons and even cages are being developed.

Russia is a leader in APS systems and I suspect for most armoured vehicles it will be APS systems that are extended to engage such threats first, while rather small cheap missiles will be used along with shotguns and jammers and other drones and even lasers to deal with the problems they pose.

It is not going to be solved any time soon but they will be working hard and the solution is going to involve a wide range of solutions to work properly.

The west don't even have a Russian level of AD and would be horribly vulnerable to the same threat... which is ironic now they have forced Russia to deal with it and create some excellent attack drones of their own and produce them in enormous numbers.

What they have essentially done is double the volume of meat in the meat grinder, and this time the extra meat is the high quality stuff... not the ear lobes and arse holes they use to make "chicken" nuggets.

That has nothing to do with it, yes they countered well enough but the fact is they were taken by surprise that is why they had to mobilize lots of units from different formations and why they still have yet to conduct full on counter-attacks, they are getting everyone into position.

It was a surprise attack... why wouldn't they be surprised.... what other government or leadership would mount such a suicide attack at this stage of the conflict?

They were surprised Kiev is this stupid and callous with their resources and men.

This is clearly what Nuland was hinting at when someone dropped a house on her.

You and the others do not seem to understand the basic fact if Russia knew these guys were coming they would have their forces ready, their forces weren't ready.

They didn't know about this attack, but they knew attacks were possible and expected their border guards to slow them down and for the chance to organise a defensive force to repel the attack while they were fighting. The attacking force was too big and just rolled over the border guard force and spilled into civilian areas and then split up, which complicated things.

Its amusing watch you try to justify your desire for genocide.

Have you never been angry?

Often people say and do things they would not normally do when provoked... and Kiev is provoking... that is all they have left in the tank so to speak.

Your quotes speak for themselves no amount of trying to back peddle will change thst

So judge jury and executioner... amusing. Not today Captain America.

This is not your jurisdiction though, and if you read the rules you will find he hasn't broken any.

Rodion_Romanovic and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:05 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:They weren't in kursk no matter how much you wanna believe they where,

Once again I don't see any evidence that they weren't, no matter how much this claim is parroted.

It's just a question of repelling an enemy advance of 100 men like we saw in Belgorod, or several thousand supported with HIMARS and other assets as we see in Kursk. And they also advanced more intelligently in the Kursk region than they tried in Belgorod.

In neither area does Russia have a continuous front line and units lined up on the border. It's an elastic defense and with mobile reserves in both cases.

GarryB, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and Mir like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:20 pm

https://t.me/rian_ru/256996
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:22 pm

PhSt wrote:
    This is indeed a Historic moment in this forum, We can all see with our own eyes how a Coordinated NATzO influence operation is unfolding here, NATzO agents are upset with my calls for a SWIFT and HARSH Retribution from Russia as a response to the numerous provocations by NATO!

Obviously, someone from NATzO is NOT Happy with this, and wants to control the narrative.

I'm sure by now, its easy to Identify who is REALLY for Russia. and those who are NOT.

Dude, I know you're pissed. I know that Miss Low Def Ukrowhore and Sieg Heil and Karla Huerfureinpfennig get under your skin. I know that the awful shit the Ukronazis are doing, primarily targeting civilians, gets to you. I know that NATO is the primary reason so many Russians are suffering and why we are closer to planet wide nuclear fueled extinction than anyone wants to admit. I am pro Russian. That said, I don't see how killing me is going to stop the horrors of this NATO provoked war that NATO and its Nazi pets in Ukraine are solely responsible for.

GarryB, Hole and Mir like this post

owais.usmani dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:25 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:That has nothing to do with it, yes they countered well enough but the fact is they were taken by surprise that is why they had to mobilize lots of units from different formations and why they still have yet to conduct full on counter-attacks, they are getting everyone into position.

Repeating the manta they weren't caught by surprised is what you are all doing despite the facts saying the oppitsite

In Dagestan 1999 Russian forces already started to get deployed there several days before the Islamists from Chechnya launched a full-scale advance, yet it still took them 2 weeks to get formed up there in sufficient numbers and repel the attack. Until then the main pressure was on a limited amount of units on the border and various local militias.

Here we've seen local reinforcements deploy immediately, then by the 3rd day we've started to hear about Chechen Akhmat forces deployed and the Pyatnashka brigade and so on; which are very experienced troops. These are all reserves, which means that they also function as part of the defense. And this is by design. Past the border guards, you have a certain amount of forces deployed nearby responsible for just that section of the front, but also certain formations on standby at the disposal of army and theatre commanders which can be rapidly deployed anywhere which is threatened. Allowing you to defend a larger front with fewer forces. Field Marshall Model in the Rzhev salient managed to defend thousands of kilometres of front with 1/10th of the forces the Soviets had by among other things employing crack fire-fighter brigades, which were kept in reserve but deployed to contain any breach that the Soviets created.
    And this strategy would be the same regardless of whether Russia had advance warning of any particular Ukrainian incursion or not (and I find it expressly unlikely that it wouldn't have done here), you wait for it to happen and then contain and then repel it, not bunch up all your troops next to the border in advance.

In the earlier advances on Belgorod the attacks from the Ukrainians were small scale and easily repelled by local reserves matched with air-power. They didn't require reinforcement.

lyle6, lancelot and Mir like this post

mr_hd

Post  mr_hd Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:31 pm

So far Ukraine is fortifying on industrial scale newly taken positions in Kursk region - they will need 2 days to complete tranches. So if Russia wants to liberate those areas smoothly would need to work very hard and fast, later will be much more costly to do it.

Around 80k Russian citizens needed to be evacuated, more evacuations are ordered in Belovsky district on top.

Ukrainian action so far is incredible success.

owais.usmani likes this post

Firebird, Big_Gazza and lancelot dislike this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:51 pm

mr_hd wrote:So far Ukraine is fortifying on industrial scale newly taken positions in Kursk region - they will need 2 days to complete tranches. So if Russia wants to liberate those areas smoothly would need to work very hard and fast, later will be much more costly to do it.

Around 80k Russian citizens needed to be evacuated, more evacuations are ordered in Belovsky district on top.

Ukrainian action so far is incredible success.

They have no ability to fortify anything, for that you need a lot of specialized equipment and a huge amount of materials. But the fact is that they minimal ability to supply any of their troops they have there even with just ammo and provisions, all of this stuff is being interdicted; and even absent of any Russian counter-attack, they will sooner or later have to leave anyway. Hence why this operation doesn't really make any innate sense and people are speculating about their true motives whether that's the Kursk NPP, or trying to throw off the prospect of negotiations with Trump, whatever else, none of which I really believe. I think it's a case where their logic makes sense only to them and their NATO handlers, but not to anyone else.

As for the evacuations that's hardly a success. Kiev has now ordered 20,000 evacuations in the Sumy region in anticipation of a Russian advance into the region and entirely logically so. So causing Russian evacuations in exchange for having to evacuate their own people back? Doesn't make sense either.

There is no success here at all, once again they've thrown away their reserves for an objective that no-one can quite figure out.

GarryB, Firebird, PapaDragon, JohninMK, zardof, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:21 pm

That said, I don't see how killing me is going to stop the horrors of this NATO provoked war that NATO and its Nazi pets in Ukraine are solely responsible for.

The western saying I believe is, Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Don't just treat everything as a problem, because everything isn't ever the problem.

There are plenty in the west who support Russia more than many Russians support Russia, it is stupid to treat everyone as a group in everything.

Many Ukrainians didn't want to become Russian citizens but the ridiculous actions of those in Kiev forced them to make a choice and they are choosing to speak Russian and not hate Russians... are you sure you want to kill them for that?

The Nazis want to kill them for that.

The Nazis don't care and will wipe out any group in their way, or not in their way for that matter.

If they wanted the Ukraine to remain one piece and independent they didn't have to make Russia an enemy, and now they are losing multiple areas that will likely increase over time the longer they take.

So far Ukraine is fortifying on industrial scale newly taken positions in Kursk region - they will need 2 days to complete tranches. So if Russia wants to liberate those areas smoothly would need to work very hard and fast, later will be much more costly to do it.

Hahahahaha... how many billions were pocketed for that job? Where are the concrete mixers and the engineer units needed to dig in and create fortresses?

Some Ukrainian bureaucrat just got really rich I suspect... they probably paid him so much that white powder is not concrete, it is cocaine...

Broski likes this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:45 pm

Zelensky pressured generals for months to launch the summer counteroffensive, writes The Times.

„They hesitated due to Ukraine’s issues with manpower and resources,” the British newspaper reports.

The publication describes Zelensky’s decision to attack the Kursk region as „the most risky” of the entire war. This offensive „took by surprise” not only Moscow but also the West, which likely would not have approved of such actions if Kiev had consulted them.

Zelensky is „desperately trying” to change the perception that Ukraine is losing the war, although this attack is unlikely to turn the tide of the conflict. Kiev aims to distract Russian forces from other parts of the front and is „seriously determined” to hold positions in the Kursk region.

GarryB and lancelot like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:46 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

It is nonsense.
    It would be just enough to take a look at the map to get a point.
    They have attacked via the Sudzha border checkpoint, which is located some 10 km straight road from the city itself.
    R200 number local road they were using is Lomonosova Street, being a part of northern bypass of the city from the border.
    On the Ukro side, there is a chain of smaller villages and towns separated by the Lokinya River. Further SE, there is a dense forestation spreading along the border, which allows hiding some light equipment, end jump from one area to another up to Kurilovka.
    Ukrs have used the same tactic Russkie were, spreading small forces along urbanized area. In total, they have gathered up to 1000 soldiers, hiding in woods and buildings across the river.
    This was the force used for the mighty Zitadel 2.0 offensive...
    They were intercepted at the border, but a 100-person border guard unit was simply overrun in a matter of an hour.
    Still quite impressive concerning the strength disparity.
    As organized forces, they managed to infiltrate a whole 10 km deep, being stopped at the approach of Sudzha already a few hours after the operation started.
    How do you imagine stopping a two-battalion size intrusion not being prepared and aware?
    First vids of Russkie FPVs emerged in the first hour...
    Russkie kept the mobile border coverage units out of range of the ukro artillery, which meant they needed 2-3h to arrive on the scene.
    What was pushing forward, was DRGs with 4 people size, tasked to make tik toks and spread panic - assisted as always by extreme flow of propaganda and staged shit. Including photoshoped pictures of ukrowehrmacht posing at the city limits signs, being stock photos downloaded from the Internet.

flamming_python wrote:
    In the earlier advances on Belgorod the attacks from the Ukrainians were small scale and easily repelled by local reserves matched with air-power. They didn't require reinforcement.

The most ridiculous part of it is a fact that he lives in the murican shithole.
    A printing machine masqueraded for a country that has a non existing southern border which is being penetrated by hundreds of illegals DAILY.
    I am not even talking about organized human smuggling, cartel supply routes and all that shit. Only a regular Mexican, Guatemalan or whoever, just walking through.
    So here you have something like that on a scale - the difference is that ukrocartel thugs are being methodically killed as we speak after failed border crossing that was planned with the help of entire NATO recon capacity.
    If someone is to dumb to get the perspective, who cares?

GarryB, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, lyle6, lancelot, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

mr_hd

Post  mr_hd Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:02 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Hahahahaha... how many billions were pocketed for that job? Where are the concrete mixers and the engineer units needed to dig in and create fortresses?

Some Ukrainian bureaucrat just got really rich I suspect... they probably paid him so much that white powder is not concrete, it is cocaine...
    Nope, they are just digging plain old tranches in the soil. The same ones they did in Avdiika - and it is proven battle tested concept that works. There Russian needed months to return territories back and they did it with huge losses and only because Ukraine run out of the ammunition.

Anyway time is ticking let see what both sides would do next few days and then situation would definitely become more clear.
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:13 pm

[quote="miss_fucktard"]
    GarryB wrote:

Nope, they are just digging plain old tranches in the soil. The same ones they did in Avdiika - and it is proven battle tested concept that works. There Russian needed months to return territories back and they did it with huge losses and only because Ukraine run out of the ammunition.

Anyway time is ticking let see what both sides would do next few days and then situation would definitely become more clear.

Adviika? it works? We talking the town the Russians hold? How did this work?

GarryB, Eugenio Argentina and lancelot like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:50 am