Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
famschopman
ArgentinaGuard
Arsenic
TMA1
Backman
Pacense
flamming_python
Rasisuki Nebia
LMFS
mr_hd
par far
zorobabel
xeno
SeigSoloyvov
Karl Haushofer
The-thing-next-door
Sujoy
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Krepost
GreyHog
caveat emptor
Lapain
Regular
littlerabbit
marcellogo
Rodion_Romanovic
nomadski
higurashihougi
Odin of Ossetia
PhSt
Big_Gazza
Firebird
Kiko
Scorpius
lyle6
Arrow
lancelot
ALAMO
Hole
ahmedfire
ucmvulcan
Belisarius
Isos
Arkanghelsk
kvs
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
Mir
VARGR198
Airbornewolf
thegopnik
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
Gomig-21
franco
PapaDragon
sepheronx
mnztr
JohninMK
65 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:35 pm

Apparently Iskander 1000 being tested too. So yeah, they are preparing for those F-16's in foreign held airbases.

The west made so many bad mistakes.

GarryB, PapaDragon, zardof, owais.usmani, lancelot, Mir and Broski like this post

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59

Post  Arrow Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:15 pm

Putin will not use any R-33 with a nuclear warhead nor will he attack a NATO base with an Iskander. This is nonsense.

owais.usmani likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:46 pm

@Garry

First how are you defining pro US

Second I have never stated I supportes Ukraine or was for this war on the contrary I have said I was against starting it.

I have also detailed how I would handle it ending it,

I al neither pro Ukraine or pro Russia here, and my comments have always showed that so to call me  Nazi merely because I serve the US and have criticized how the Russians are handling this war is again tier S fucking dumb ass logic

Also on a personal level it's a complete lie to say I have always defended my own Nation in terms of what it's done.

I have said more then once I was against the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, I was against Syria, I was against Ukraine etc. starting that conflict I mean.

So naw man don't try that blindly defend shit with me.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:29 pm

The US always uses irregulars and terrorists to further its agenda. They backed Al Nusra (aka Al Qaeda) in Syria. Then they used ISIS/Daesh
    as a pretext to invade and occupy Syria's agricultural region and oil producing region. In Ukria they are openly siding with Azovites and Banderite
    nazionalists in general. Anyone claiming that the US is on the side of the angels is a retard or a scumbag.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:54 pm

Having witnessed Russian jamming capabilities South Korea has invested heavily in anti-jamming technologies for their missiles.

Their CTM-290 ballistic missiles is now being exported to Poland.

South Korea is extensively marketing the anti jamming capabilities of this missile. Let's see if Poland sends them to Ukraine.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59 - Page 13 Sk10
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:31 pm

I wonder if the 404 F-16 pilots are trained to converse in Ukrainian or Russian? Probably the former I would guess. Judging from the Soviet's experience during the Korean War it probably won't take too long during the heat of battle, before the communications will switch to French or English, or even Polish or Romanian!  Twisted Evil  

Most of them will die on their one way mission going through the shredder, but the few that may survive ejection will be nice PR material for the Russian media.

If it was me I would surely defect and get some good Rubles for the F-16, a new ID - and a new lease on life to boot.  Neutral

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, The-thing-next-door, Hole and Broski like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:04 pm

GarryB wrote:
    When you sink a ship or 2 they are not easy to replace. So it massively decreases the abilty of the enemy to control that area of sea. When you kill 2000 men, they grab another 2000 hapless souls of the street, and bring them to the next trench line. With an endless stream of weapons and ammo from NATO there is no end in sight here and even though there are signs of weakness, I see few signs of collapse.

For as long as that supply of cannon fodder is happy to be cannon fodder then the problem will remain.

Kiev is solving future problems for Russia by sending troops to Russias shooting range.

When the cannon fodder realises what is happening it is up to them to stop this conflict... or they can march to the front line and die like the guys before them.

They will not run out of cannot fodder anytime soon. 10 million men, even at 10:1 it will cost 1m Russsian lives to kill them all and at 2000 men a day 13 years. Can anyone predict how things may evolve in 13 years? Add maybe 5 million NATO volunteers and then you have a 20 year war. That seems to be the plan we are on. After all Afghanistan went on for 20 years.
    lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:10 pm

Mir wrote:I wonder if the 404 F-16 pilots are trained to converse in Ukrainian or Russian? Probably the former I would guess. Judging from the Soviet's experience during the Korean War it probably won't take too long during the heat of battle, before the communications will switch to French or English, or even Polish or Romanian!
    The French and the British do not operate the F-16.
    Much more likely would be Polish or US pilots.

GarryB likes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:22 pm

mnzr wrote:They will not run out of cannot fodder anytime soon. 10 million men, even at 10:1 it will cost 1m Russsian lives to kill them all and at 2000 men a day 13 years. Can anyone predict how things may evolve in 13 years? Add maybe 5 million NATO volunteers and then you have a 20 year war. That seems to be the plan we are on. After all Afghanistan went on for 20 years.

It does not work like that. After a certain time you reach the tipping point. One particular battle or even the defeat of a group is the drop that broke the camel's back.

Slowly Russia started the military operation with a number of men much lower than the Ukrainian army, and now they are already fielding more people than what 404 currently has.
    They will arrive soon at a point in which they cannot hold the line at every place where Russia is going to attack at the same time.

Ukrainian population is also probably at the limit.

Many who before were only hating Russia now are at least as angry with their own government as well.

It is not that they can continue bringing people to kill because they have replacements. Those people are also needed to run the infrastructures, do normal jobs, etc. otherwise they would not be able to maintain logistic for the army as well.

After a certain points the 404 soldiers will not remain anymore to defend the fortifications, or will just use the weapons against their commanders.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, zardof, Hole, Kiko and Broski like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:46 pm

F-16s will be stationed at allied airfields to protect them from Russian strikes,” BBC Ukraine reports on how Kiev is drawing NATO countries into the war with Russia.

NATO knows perfectly well that Putin will do nothing. That is why it continues to escalate. They think Putin is a coward.

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:49 pm

lancelot wrote:
    Mir wrote:I wonder if the 404 F-16 pilots are trained to converse in Ukrainian or Russian? Probably the former I would guess. Judging from the Soviet's experience during the Korean War it probably won't take too long during the heat of battle, before the communications will switch to French or English, or even Polish or Romanian!
    The French and the British do not operate the F-16.
    Much more likely would be Polish or US pilots.

That is a good point but like the Ukrainians who flew Soviet stuff, they could volunteer to be trained as F-16 pilots. Money is an excellent incentive.

GarryB likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:05 pm

Arrow wrote:Putin will not use any R-33 with a nuclear warhead nor will he attack a NATO base with an Iskander. This is nonsense.

Nato or the US in other words didn't do anything against Iran where when they leveled their air bases in Iraq. Why do you think they would do anything agaibst a country that has 5000 nuks and use one of them to blow up an airbase used by the ukrainian in an actual war ?

Russians will do an exemple with the country hosting those f-16.

GarryB, zardof, The-thing-next-door, Scorpius and Broski like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:13 pm

Rostov on don sunk? https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4nggvg1yggo

Well then it is the BBC taking info from Ukraine. lies upon lies upon bullshit.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:40 pm

Sunk not but at least very badly damaged yes. Title is a lie tho.
    Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:53 pm

S&P downgrades Ukraine's credit rating to "selective default", 08.03.2024.

The rating agency S&P Global Ratings downgraded Ukraine's long- and short-term foreign currency credit rating to SD/SD (selective default) due to Kiev's decision to suspend payments on loans outside the country.

"We have downgraded our long-term and short-term currency ratings for Ukraine to SD/SD. We have also downgraded our rating of the 2026 eurobonds to D [default]," the agency said in its statement.

The rating agency S&P justified its decision by claiming that the Kiev authorities decided to start restructuring part of the loans and suspended payments on the affected bonds pending the restructuring. The payment would have to have been made before August 1, and, although the country still has 10 working days to make it, the agency explained that they do not expect that to happen.

On July 31, Volodymyr Zelensky signed the law on restructuring the Ukrainian state debt, which allows the government to suspend payments on foreign debt until October.

According to the Ukrainian authorities, the country's national debt amounted to 151,000 million dollars at the end of May 2024, having increased by 20% over the year. Ukrainians and local businesses have only lent their government $42.1 billion, a quarter of the total debt. The remaining three-quarters of the debt is owed by non-residents.

Yandex Translate from Spanish.

https://latamnews.lat/20240803/la-sp-rebaja-la-calificacion-crediticia-de-ucrania-a-default-selectivo-1156610099.html

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and lancelot like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:13 pm

Isn't the Rostov-On-Don still under repair in a dry dock? Would be difficult to "sink" it if that's the case! Laughing

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:05 pm

Mir wrote:Isn't the Rostov-On-Don still under repair in a dry dock? Would be difficult to "sink" it if that's the case! Laughing

Who cares ? they managed to hit it badly.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:10 pm

While Ukrainian channels continue to savor the footage that has appeared of the UAV attack on Russian rear regions, videos have emerged online of the aftermath of the "Geranium" strike on the oil depot in the Vinnytsia Region.

Thanks to the footage that has spread online, the exact location of the strike has been established. At the moment, fuel storage tanks on the territory of the Gnivani special reinforced concrete plant are on fire - this is also confirmed by the FIRMS service, which tracks emerging fire hotspots.

Coordinates: 49.106600, 28.358680

The strike location was also confirmed by local residents. Later, details of the raid emerged. Initially, three strikes hit the object, and after the firefighters arrived, a fourth "Geranium" struck directly into the tank after the alarm was sounded. Despite the use of a fire train, the fire is still being extinguished.

#Vinnytsia #Russia #Ukraine

GarryB, Big_Gazza and lancelot like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:13 pm

Mir wrote:Isn't the Rostov-On-Don still under repair in a dry dock? Would be difficult to "sink" it if that's the case! Laughing
    \

They floated it out a few weeks ago.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:15 pm

Arrow wrote:Putin will not use any R-33 with a nuclear warhead nor will he attack a NATO base with an Iskander. This is nonsense.

I'm afraid you are right. Putin is too hesitant and his patience has no limits.

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:44 pm

mnztr wrote:

They floated it out a few weeks ago.

The most likely fake image on Telegram shows it damaged in the dry dock - but I'm pretty sure its probably a rehash pic from the fist attempt.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #59 - Page 13 Kilo-c10

GarryB, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:51 pm

@Arrow and Mein Kampf 2

A nuclear tipped R-33 would not be waisted on a couple of has-been F-16's if that is what you're implying?
    However if they station F-16's on NATzo territory for strikes against the Russians it will be raining steel on those bases.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, The-thing-next-door and Hole like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:08 am

Armchair Warlord
    @ArmchairW
    The Ukrainians seem to have found a new source of Tochka short-range ballistic missiles, which disappeared from the battlefield in mid-2022 after they exhausted their stockpile.

These are likely Armenian missiles covertly transferred to Ukraine in a show of fealty to the West.⬇

After two years of dealing with far harder targets, Russian air defenses have found the ones that did make it aloft easy pickings.

Edit: Removed a video of a Tochka exploding on launch and some associated commentary from an earlier version of this post, apparently it's from a prewar incident.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, lancelot, Mir and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:11 am

Probably not a good idea to be too close to an airbase munitions dump when it is attacked and effectively eliminated. This is Morozovsk.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, zardof, Mir and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:13 am

If those tochkas are Armenian, I think it would be in russias best interest to physically remove Pashinyan

Big_Gazza, The-thing-next-door and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:05 am